Author Topic: Rune guardians 5 - Crawlers 0 GAME OVER  (Read 39909 times)

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
Re: Crawl Mafia Day 1
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2009, 12:30:39 AM »
pesco specifically said Xom ignored Xan,

In Crawl itself, that means that u are in the religion if you can pray, the god just ignores you... however in crawl mafia that's debatable.

It can either be:

1. Xan has Xom as a god and I have Sif Muna as a god and they just ignored us

2. pesco is screwing around again

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2009, 12:37:32 AM »
Basically the rules are saying gods can't actively communicate with their players so it probably won't be revealed out right.

BZZZT. Wrong.
 Gods can't PRIVATELY communicate with their players. Nowhere does it say they cannot ACTIVELY do so.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2009, 12:40:03 AM »
Just to quash any notions that Xom was significant: Xan getting Xom is something of a joke because a) Xom is the random god in Crawl, which is ironic since Xan didn't specify and b) Xom is arguably the least desirable god.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2009, 12:40:58 AM »
BZZZT. Wrong.
 Gods can't PRIVATELY communicate with their players. Nowhere does it say they cannot ACTIVELY do so.

Whoops... oh yea...

Just to quash any notions that Xom was significant: Xan getting Xom is something of a joke because a) Xom is the random god in Crawl, which is ironic since Xan didn't specify and b) Xom is arguably the least desirable god.

Xom is practically a dick.. in al cases

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2009, 01:10:46 AM »
conclusive scumminess.

Crawl Mafia Day 1

I lol'd.

Seriously, if you want legitimate, perfect scumtells D1 then you're kinda screwed. Wrathie making mistakes and getting lynched is one thing - blatantly screaming about how he's going to get lynched is another thing entirely.
As for his response to Stuffman - I'm not sure why praying makes him Town. Stuff claimed that praying could trigger his power and waste it. What if Wrathie wanted to try and waste Stuff's power? It's a WIFOM at best, most likely.

Quote from: Wrathie
well besides my self-voting what is wrong...
Mainly your continued 'OH LOL I'M OBVSCUM' act. It's unnecessary, and it feels like you're trying to give yourself a free pass for being honorary scum.
Town!Wrathie, from what I've seen, makes the mistakes and then admits to them, not the other way around.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2009, 01:44:20 AM »
Seriously, if you want legitimate, perfect scumtells D1 then you're kinda screwed.
Well, yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying, no point in looking for scumtells inside the error interval.

But I think the praying thing looks more town because scum wouldn't usually rush so readily into something that can potentially hurt them.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2009, 01:54:35 AM »
Joking around as the answer for both of the self votes... bleh.

If anything, the way Kiro and Rou reacted makes them the most suspicious for me right now (which is not much at this point). It looks like they are making too much an effort to look like proper town players.

While I realize that is your suspicion, how would you define "too much of an effort" on my and Rou's parts? While your joke vote was a starting point for you, my vote criticizing that was my start for me. Rou had an opinion and took a stance on Stuffman which looks alright to me. I'm surprised you made such a statement when you and wrathie made an effort NOT to look like a Townie player.

Zakeri's answers for not liking Stuffman and Xan would be appreciated soon. The thing about Xan not flat out admitting to being a Townie is hardly something to hold against him as that seems to be the main gripe.

Serpentarius' views are probably best described as "safe." I'm not sure I like the insistence to stay on Stuffman though. Even if it burned us in GWU Mafia, I feel we should give power roles a chance. Townie Stuffman outing himself like that would just mean he thinks Town could benefit the most from his ability coming into play early. If we happened to see it in action, then that'd be great and throw some pressure onto Scum. And in a Scum Stuffman case, drawing attention to himself with a roleclaim would hinder him severely, especially since he says nothing happened after prayer. As for your choice to not vote wrathie, should note that wrathie only has Edible's vote on him at the moment.

As for wrathie, the self vote thing has gone over a few times already. Rou's recent points are noted and are reasonable enough addressing him as a whole. I'd like to see an angle on who he thinks is Scum and a corresponding vote.

Vote currently staying on Nietz because his quoted statement above feels like an indirect shooting down of people who are trying to be proactive and scumhunt.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2009, 02:56:30 AM »
I don't think the thing with Nietz is worth pursuing since it seems everybody is acting as they naturally would. Rou and Kiro call Nietz on it because it's Day 1 and there's nothing better to call anyone on. Nietz does the only thing he can do, which is handwave it, because there was nothing significant behind it, and calls Rou and Kiro on it because it's Day 1 and there's nothing better for him to call people on. Then Rou and Kiro handwave it because it's insignificant.

In other words, everyone acknowledges that it's trivial, so I would just let it go.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2009, 03:02:27 AM »
Oh, as a side note, my family has decided to cut our weekend to a day trip, so I'll be gone tomorrow morning and return that night.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2009, 03:22:52 AM »
Joking around as the answer for both of the self votes... bleh.

While I realize that is your suspicion, how would you define "too much of an effort" on my and Rou's parts? While your joke vote was a starting point for you, my vote criticizing that was my start for me. Rou had an opinion and took a stance on Stuffman which looks alright to me. I'm surprised you made such a statement when you and wrathie made an effort NOT to look like a Townie player.
Making policy votes/remarks on joke vote phase fully qualifies as too much of an effort, as it makes it look though scumhunting without actually contributing anything useful.
And implying that joking is a bad excuse for making a joke vote and painting it as an "effort not to look townie" is such a crass fault of judgment that it's hard to think it's not intentional.

Rou's reaction at least feels a little more natural, yours does indeed look like you are trying to find an excuse to look like, as you pointed out, "trying to be proactive and scumhunt". Coupled with asking for a mass "pray-claim", I think it does look pretty bad.
So, ##Vote Kiro seems the best so far.

Kiro

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2009, 06:32:05 AM »
Making policy votes/remarks on joke vote phase fully qualifies as too much of an effort, as it makes it look though scumhunting without actually contributing anything useful.

Eh? So I'm not allowed to be politically correct in a joke phase now? For the record, I voted you for self vote shenanigans. It was a half joke/half serious vote because I realized such an action is somewhat passable in the RVS. I followed up with my question to you and that was serious, but don't think I'm just going to strictly ignore it just because it was in RVS until you give me an answer (which you did). How was following up on this not useful unless you're thinking something else I did was not useful?

And implying that joking is a bad excuse for making a joke vote and painting it as an "effort not to look townie" is such a crass fault of judgment that it's hard to think it's not intentional.

I don't have a problem with most RVS votes, but I have a problem with self votes. Realize that the instant a person self-votes, they make themselves look not Townie. It introduces an unneeded WIFOM and wastes discussion time as people have to chase down a lead that usually ends up as a "joke." And then afterwards, there's an odd pause because it feels like we just reset back to start and I don't know a thing about you other than the fact that I wasted time with you and had to throw it out as neutral. Which in turn lowers my opinion of your Towniness. See what I'm getting at?

I'm already over your whole self vote thing since it probably is a joke since you didn't claim Bomb or Jester. What's getting me now is that you make a comment about people trying too hard when the point is that people have to do or say something to bridge into serious discussion. I personally would be worried about people who don't try hard enough. And I felt you were hypocritical because that was a blanket statement and you didn't give a specific example where either Rou or I tried too hard and the example you finally provide regarding me is skeptical at best.

As for the praying, I bet we could do a mass prayer and it could turn out something interesting.

So, I was interested in the game mechanic. It's also easy to do and after wrathie and Xan did it, I wondered if it would just come down to whether it'd be an easy way to confirm Townies because only the real adventurers would have gods and these rune guardians are just statues or something with no god. After seeing the second null result with Xan, I lost interest because it seems it wouldn't be like that or be that powerful of an ability. Now in retrospect, I'm sure the mods took into account the possibility of a mass prayer so it wouldn't break the game either way, but this kind of an ability would almost certainly favor Townies using it over Scum. Prayer is going to come up again later so I don't see what fault there is in discussing what effect a mass prayer would have on the game and whether we should try it.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2009, 07:03:12 AM »
Kilgamayan has joined the game as a god.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2009, 07:05:08 AM »
##Vote: UncertainKitten
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2009, 07:05:47 AM »
everyone pray to me btw

i will make all your mafier dreams come true

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2009, 07:07:26 AM »
If you do decide to mass pray, I'd expect it to fail, actually.  All of them.  Especially if you do it this early in the game.  Try it when you've leveled up a little.

ninja by pesco/kilga: hey you two.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2009, 07:09:07 AM »
I SLEEP NOW all prayers will be put on call waiting for the next 8+ hours just fyi

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2009, 01:01:31 PM »
ITT Kiro wallposts in response to mild pressure.

I wondered if it would just come down to whether it'd be an easy way to confirm Townies because only the real adventurers would have gods and these rune guardians are just statues or something with no god.
I haven't played Crawl and I'm pretty sure I know better.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2009, 01:41:54 PM »
I'm not understanding Nietz's case. I'm apparently at fault for trying to build a case, since on D1 where do we really have to look outside of joke votes? Explain how I'd be able to make a case to get the game out of the RVS if I ignore the RVS.

Kiro's WoT is sort of overkill, and the mass-prayer thing is meh, but you could argue that Stuffman came up with the idea first by asking someone else to pray on his behalf.

As for other players, here's a brief surmise that should get my point across:
Xan - has said nothing other than setup speculation on praying
Wrathie - has only answered attacks on himself, nothing on other players
Zak - one post of suspicions, one other mention of 'I hate Wrathie right now', no reasoning given
Stuffman - has said nothing other than his roleclaim/hey gaiz pray plz
Edible - Doesn't like Wrathie, yes, but what about everyone else?
Serp - Has given a few opinions, but still not posting enough IMO.

So yeah, can we move on from setup/role speculation and start playing the game sometime soon? -_-

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2009, 01:53:54 PM »
I am not sure about crawl mafia but Hill Orc priests in crawl might be aligned with the Orc God by default...regardless of it's a player or a wild monster in the game...

But yes, a mass pray might benefit town more than scum, if anything it'll let us know the game effects that Gods can implement...

And Rune guardians aren't necessarily Statues, they can be anything, monsters or generated unique players or demons who guard the Runes.

Remember that there are 2 win conditions

1. Defeats all Rune Guardians
2. God's follower survives and fulfill win condition

but there's a catch, gods can talk with one another... so even the gods can be manipulated to some extent to favor scum or town..

I believe both Nietz and Kiro are both just a little too touchy on the first day..

no further vibes.
Working tomorrow so i'll be away for more than 20 hrs but less than 24.. try not to kill me then.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »
Kiro's WoT is sort of overkill, and the mass-prayer thing is meh, but you could argue that Stuffman came up with the idea first by asking someone else to pray on his behalf.

Hey now, asking for one volunteer to pray and asking for everyone to pray are two totally different things. We can presume that wrathie and Xan either don't have roles or they have roles that they know aren't linked to praying.

The whole reason I did it was to NOT trigger any roles, like my own, unnecessarily, which is the opposite of what a massprayclaimwhatever would do, since if mine is triggered by praying others might be too.

Opinion on Kiro/Nietz/Rou remains same as before. Seeya all tonight.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2009, 02:41:13 PM »
Xan - has said nothing other than setup speculation on praying

I want to know if Zak's vote on me is serious or not, given it was based on two jokeposts from me and what I assume was a jokepost from Stuffman. I've been waiting to hear the answer.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2009, 03:42:12 PM »
Ecumenical Temple Vote Count

Nietz (1): Nietz, Kiro
wrathie (1): Edible, Stuffman, wrathie
Roukanken (1): Xan, Edible
Stuffman (1): Serpentarius
Kiro (2): Roukanken, Nietz
Xan (1): Zakeri
Zakeri (0): Xan

Not voting: Stuffman, wrathie
With 9 players remaning, it takes 5 to lynch.

About 44 hours have elapsed. If you want an extension, now might be a good time to ask the gods for one.

Kiro

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2009, 05:57:27 PM »
Well, at least there's some confirmation about prayer effectiveness.

Nothing new to really comment on yet, although I noticed wrathie still needs to pursue a new angle and Zakeri hasn't come back yet to answer questions either. But I'll be out all day as well. Back tonight to read responses.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2009, 06:04:06 PM »
@Kiro:
Yes, I do think that being politically correct about joke votes can be a bad thing, and I already explained why. It makes the accuser look like they're following a pro-town policy, without actually leading anywhere.
Claiming that a self-vote on the RVS creates a "fake lead" makes no sense, only a total newbie at Mafia wouldn't recognize a joke vote for what it is. If you're scum, however, you do have a reason to follow a purported fake lead and waste time without compromising yourself with a serious accusation.

Also, when you suggested mass-praying you claimed that you didn't have Crawl experience, but when questioned later you said it seemed a good idea based on gameplay details, which definitely sounds contradictory.

Other than that, Zakeri hasn't actually contributed with anything, and Edible only said he would be busy, so I'm still waiting on them.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2009, 07:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Nietz
Well, yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying, no point in looking for scumtells inside the error interval.

Then how exactly do we get from the error interval to the real interval?  Also, I'd like to hear your thoughts on wrathie in the context of this.

Quote from: Kiro
Serpentarius' views are probably best described as "safe." I'm not sure I like the insistence to stay on Stuffman though. Even if it burned us in GWU Mafia, I feel we should give power roles a chance. Townie Stuffman outing himself like that would just mean he thinks Town could benefit the most from his ability coming into play early. If we happened to see it in action, then that'd be great and throw some pressure onto Scum. And in a Scum Stuffman case, drawing attention to himself with a roleclaim would hinder him severely, especially since he says nothing happened after prayer. As for your choice to not vote wrathie, should note that wrathie only has Edible's vote on him at the moment.

It looks like it would hinder him severely whether he's Town or Scum.  Outing yourself as some unorthodox power role is generally only smart if you intend to burn your ability before the Scum have a chance to kill you.  It's bad play either way.  A green Townie given a weird power role might try a poorly thought out gambit, but so might a green Scum.  The latter seems more likely to me.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2009, 09:52:40 PM »
##Vote: UncertainKitten

##Vote: Kilgamayan
##Unvote
##Vote: wrathie

Obvscum

So are Nietz and Kiro. Duh.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2009, 10:27:15 PM »
if the game is not picking up i'll vote for an extension..

##pray: extension

i won't be around for around 12 hrs after this, just so you guys know..

If you do decide to mass pray, I'd expect it to fail, actually.  All of them.  Especially if you do it this early in the game.  Try it when you've leveled up a little.

ninja by pesco/kilga: hey you two.

since there is a lack of confirmation how to level up... i suppose we'll have to lynch a person and see

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2009, 10:41:11 PM »
Then how exactly do we get from the error interval to the real interval?  Also, I'd like to hear your thoughts on wrathie in the context of this.
A good indicative of an useful tell is when someone acts in a significantly different fashion than usual, for someone who usually acts silly to act a little sillier is hardly anything other than null.
Segueing into my thoughts on wrathie, his self-vote to L-2 is the kind of thing I would expect him to do. On the other hand, the fact that he has made a lot of posts with little to no usefulness and hasn't seriously commented in a single player so far is raising my suspicion levels of him. This is not only a scummy attitude in itself, but also the opposite of what he usually does (spewing crack theories about who is scum).

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2009, 10:49:55 PM »
Waiting on a lot of people to talk, so it's only fair to give them more time.

##The Gods Give Us Blessed Extensions

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2009, 11:02:57 PM »
Nemelex Xobeh accepts Wrathie's sacrifice for Extension, 6 more required.

Nemelex Xobeh accepts Roukanken's sacrifice for Extension, 5 more required.