Author Topic: Rune guardians 5 - Crawlers 0 GAME OVER  (Read 40616 times)

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
Re: Crawl Mafia Day 1
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2009, 03:54:04 PM »
I don't understand what you're trying to say with this. "Yes, I admit that I did abuse my meta and act stupid, but I still think you're suspicious for it'?
whut? I don't get what YOU are saying here... if you mean I am suspicious of you, yes I am...

Total misrep. I've said plenty about other people if you'd bother to read my damn posts.
I admit that, probably should have rephrased that.. what i mean is that I feel you're basically pressing me to give an opinion when I did give one, albeit a very weak one...

So that immediately makes not contributing and posting anything of use okay? Why do you think you've been such a big target for votes in all your other recent games?

I am not sure if Nietz is defending me or not defending me but whatever the case both of you are using meta to judge me... no matter you reasoning both your metas are not foolproof and it is apparent that both of you share different views on my play style.

Even if I do 'post something of value' it'll be either rebuffed or replied with: Oh i don't get it or is simply ignored or overlooked or misrep-ed.
I do not know why but i believe it is how i phrase my thoughts that make it that way.

It's getting irritating to play mafia when i get the same response all the time and get lynched due to that.
my views are always ignored or deemed inappropriate when I am putting my point across..
I'm quitting mafia after this game, period and i think it's good riddance to, for the guys playing and me.. it's raising my blood pressure a little too high for my comfort.

*facepalm*
Remember what happened last game with Affinity? He claimed a role, and everyone had to convince me to let him live for another day because his claimed actions would be an easy way to test who he was. Thanks to this we managed to avoid lynching the tracker.
* wrathie facepalms

REMEMBER HOW WE LOST THE GAME? we gave a free pass to ALICE and LYNCHED the REAL DOC and we let him get away with it! Till the end and it was due to ME we lost. I'm bitter and I'm NOT letting it happen again.

Extra bonus points for saying 'Zak's case on Xan is weak' with no further explanation. And who exactly is giving Edible a free pass?

* wrathie coughs loudly

when i dun see anyone prodding him for a while and prodding me and Xan endlessly i see this happening... and naturally, him posting nothing useful to seems okay...

yes, he has good views in earlier games with the same behavior so he is warranted to do that?

unhappy player here.

Just to reiterate: I'm just guessing that praying might activate my power. I don't actually know.
Great, just great.. and you had to ask someone to pray... while conveniently stating you have an ability that is limited and is beneficial... naturally i'm assuming that prayer might be the way to activate it... and now you say you are guessing...

... seriously, the I'm seeing this as trying to bait someone else to trigger an ability...

besides, even if it is a limited ability... You not even attempting to activate it makes you nothing but a vanilla townie. Be a man and do it and prove yourself in the process.

What I said was that I didn't want anyone to trigger their roles UNNECESSARILY. Again, if in fact my role is triggered by praying, then it is reasonable to presume that others are too, so making everyone pray might make someone waste their role. Everyone has already agreed that a masspray was a bad idea.

... you didn't want anyone to trigger their roles unnecessarily and you still ask some1 to pray to see if it triggers? how does that make sense?

Like i said, pray and we'll see what happen. Either way Town Benefit, if I am scum I'll probably have you in my sights anyway and would take you down barring a doc since you revealed yourself so openly.. and if I am town i will benefit from your actions.

but yes, mass prayer is bad... I'll have to check who actually recommended that..

What question? And anyway, I realize that in a normal game my claim would be absurd, but come on, it's a pesco game. We already have one completely unexplained game mechanic. I don't think a role whose activation terms are not made clear is that far outside the realm of possibility.

I believe this is the question:

You're making a vague roleclaim in the early game, throwing a red herring out there and sowing chaos and confusion.  You're trying to WIFOM the scum, but instead you're WIFOMing any protective roles and WIFOMing the Town looking for a lynch.  This is not productive.

and this is your answer:

Yeah it's kind of a shitstorm right now, but when the dust settles (either by me dying or my role working) everything should become clear, and since I'm doing this in very early game everyone will have plenty of time to analyze it.

I could be misreading it but I am not satisfied by your answer to Serp's question...
My view on you is that you are riding on claim you threw out, to be a power-townie role to avoid being lynched and you are not convincing me that you are not what i think you are.

Hiding behind many 'what-if' scenarios is hardly a good answer.

@ninja'd by Edible:

Lynch me.  you guys want a lynch right? go ahead and do it. I'm not self-voting just to make it easier.

Regardless of my alignment I would be happy to.. basically i'm getting sick of mafia not appreciating my effort writing out my thoughts, I am not a sore loser but being subjected to so many BS when i am trying hard is not something I wish to be subjected to.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2009, 04:31:03 PM »
whut? I don't get what YOU are saying here... if you mean I am suspicious of you, yes I am...
I'm asking why you find me suspicious. You admitted that you were acting weird, and then got mad at me for saying so. Seems contradictory.

I admit that, probably should have rephrased that.. what i mean is that I feel you're basically pressing me to give an opinion when I did give one, albeit a very weak one...
...What? That's not even what the quoted post is in response to - that was to the accusation of tunneling on you.

I am not sure if Nietz is defending me or not defending me but whatever the case both of you are using meta to judge me... no matter you reasoning both your metas are not foolproof and it is apparent that both of you share different views on my play style.
Looking at you without your honorary scum meta you realise you look even worse, right?

It's getting irritating to play mafia when i get the same response all the time and get lynched due to that.
my views are always ignored or deemed inappropriate when I am putting my point across..
I'm quitting mafia after this game, period and i think it's good riddance to, for the guys playing and me.. it's raising my blood pressure a little too high for my comfort.
* wrathie facepalms
AtE.

REMEMBER HOW WE LOST THE GAME? we gave a free pass to ALICE and LYNCHED the REAL DOC and we let him get away with it! Till the end and it was due to ME we lost. I'm bitter and I'm NOT letting it happen again.
So was I, and I could have cost Town Yume Nikki. The point is that we need to WATCH Stuffman in later days and see if his actions match his claimed role, which is what we didn't do with Alice.

when i dun see anyone prodding him for a while and prodding me and Xan endlessly i see this happening... and naturally, him posting nothing useful to seems okay...
This post from Zak has more content than all of Xan's posts today.

Back to Umineko EP4 ^_^

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2009, 04:54:55 PM »
... you didn't want anyone to trigger their roles unnecessarily and you still ask some1 to pray to see if it triggers? how does that make sense?

I already said way back here what I was trying to do. I had a theory that ME praying might activate my role. In order to make more informed judgement, I needed to see what praying does. If praying had some other sort of effect on the game, I would know that my role is not related to praying. I asked for a volunteer knowing that the person to stand up wouldn't have any reason to worry about praying. Nothing happened when people prayed so that means it is still a possibility that my role, and possibly other roles, might be triggered by praying (but only a possibility).

I wasn't trying to activate anything by getting people to pray, I was trying to figure out what praying does. Again: praying might have nothing to do with roles.

Incidentally, if you think it's so bad for town to get people to try praying, why were you the first to try it!?

I'm not going to pray yet, because I think my role wouldn't be very effective at this stage of the game. There's a good chance I'll be a target for nightkill because of it, but scum have to do it knowing there's a strong chance of running into a doctor or watcher or something like that. It's a gambit.

As for Serp's quote, he was saying that what I was doing was unhelpful, and my answer is that while it might be true now, regardless of what happens, what I did will be helpful later.

My view on you is that you are riding on claim you threw out, to be a power-townie role to avoid being lynched and you are not convincing me that you are not what i think you are.

If personal safety was any concern of mine I wouldn't have said anything about my role in the first place. How would it be more beneficial to scum to make a claim like this as opposed to staying quiet? It's made me more likely to be lynched.

Also quit using the words power role, I never said it was a power role. A power role is something like a cop or a doctor that town can base its strategy around. The effect of my role is potentially powerful, but its usage is limited and its activation method is unclear.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2009, 05:39:36 PM »
Nietz, you never got around to answering my question. If we don't make a case out of joke votes we'll never make it out of the RVS, and even if we do we'll obviously have nothing to build a case on. The first case is mainly to test people's reactions rather than to ascertain guilt.
And the problem with self-voting is that pretty much everyone here has heard of Fong's Gambit. If we know a reason for a vote NOT to be a joke, it's paranoid (but possibly safer) to assume it isn't. What would you have done if other people voted you on top of your self-vote, for example?
I already talked about that in response to Kiro. Antagonizing a self-vote or similar action is an easy way to look pro-town without compromising to anything. And Fong's Gambit only applies when the player tries to appear serious about it, I thought that was pretty obvious.

On another note about this, I initially brought this point against Kiro and Rou, but later focused more on Kiro due to the masspraying stuff. While Rou could've let the thing slip by, he kept nagging me about it, which makes him look better to me. Kiro, however, feels like he just wants to brush the issue away after his initial reaction.

wrathie's Wall of Emotion is a huge facepalm-inducer. How can you claim that you were trying your best when you admit you were fooling around more than you should and that most of what you did was just setup speculation?
While I do think this last post at least had some content, part of me wants to vote you for policy against AtEs.

Did you miss the part where I said your actions were scummy in themselves? My point about your meta was that it doesn't clear you in this case.

And as Stuff pointed out, how come you are now accusing his idea of being anti-town when you jumped on it so quickly?

Bottom line is I'm not entirely convinced wrathie is scum, but he's looking like a good lynch even if only by policy. However, I don't think policy lynch is a good thing in 9-player game, and plus I have a nagging suspicion we can get XP for either being in a scum lynch or not being in a town one.

I still like my vote on Kiro, but Xan's active lurking is reaching critical levels and I think he looks as good a candidate as wrathie for lynching.

Deadline has been removed, but what about the dangers?
Does that mean that if we stay too long in this dungeon level, we are likely to be eaten by a grue? Whoops, wrong game.

« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2009, 07:46:43 PM »
People have asked my opinions on Stuffman, even though I don't think he's scum, but it's basically most of what Serp has already said on the issue - Why role claim? Why not wait until someone decides to Pray? all of this work and WiFoM over something that may or may not be related to his role, all sorts of weird stuff is pouring out of it. I do have something to say about it after all, though:

Stuffman, what exactly is going to come out of this? If you die by scum's hand, what exactly is going to be left behind besides your corpse? All you added to the mix so far is why your role is important enough to mention tidbits about, why you want to stay alive later in the game, and ponderings about what praying does. If you get NKed at this point, it will serve no meaning because anything you say is not any more important than anything any other townie says, and because you have not added an opinion on anyone as of yet. A Cop's death only has a strong meaning behind it if they had results and breadcrumbed the results before their death. So far, if you die and result as the power role you claim, all we'll have to base that off of is "Praying may or may not activate power roles".

Likewise, more hate goes to Wrathie. Appeal to Emotion is not how you get people to stop thinking you're scum. The point of the game is to give your opinion, loud and clear so that people can tell who's scum by who they want dead. obviously, mafia do not want mafia dead, but that's just the basic level. if your words are being misrepresented, explain what you meant. If they're misunderstood, explain what you meant. It's important to be clear, Wrathie. People will only go so far to understand you.

and since the theme of the game, or at least this post, is that giving opinions on others is pro-town I'd like to give another nod to our good friend Xan who seems to be going out of his way to avoid talking about the game.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2009, 08:33:00 PM »
For wrathie, I understand your case on Stuffman, but I just have to flat out disagree because the risks Scum likely face of doing what he did far outweigh their potential benefits. I am not set on lynching Stuffman at all today and I don't like how you're not giving him a chance.

Rou: Where exactly are you trying to go right now? You have a bunch of commenting about wrathie and a quick snipe at Xan, but there's no real stance yet and it borders waffling.

Nietz: What you said about someone pursuing your "obvious joke" self-vote and treating that person as "too serious" can also be turned around to you trying to make a spectacle and baiting such a person in a "gotcha" moment and then you have an easy line of attack to go after the person. That's not real scumhunting on your part because it's inconclusive given that kind of a setup. But like I said, what's irking me is not that, but that you accused not only me, who made the vote on you, but also Rou who merely touched on you. That statement was just a blanket, "I don't like people who are making an effort this early in the game," statement which looks too much like you're trying to get just anybody who mentioned your little ploy. That's just lazy and not really being contributive which ironically is what you were accusing Rou and me of doing.

So with the Extension providing no deadline, I want to hear from Xan and probably Zakeri since there's more for Zakeri to comment on after his Xan case. I still would prefer Nietz because there's an argument over philosophy that he's refusing to accept any fault for that he's stubbornly pushing, but I could switch to Xan because it's easy to see him lurking through this along with no content and not even any countering or serious argument against Zakeri for his vote. Otherwise, wrathie; while I don't like the Stuffman vote, it's not unreasonable to think that's his best choice for today from a Townie point of view, which has more to it than Xan's inactivity.

Cut by Zakeri: Alright, you want to stay on Xan. That works for me at the moment.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2009, 08:55:20 PM »
Why role claim? Why not wait until someone decides to Pray?
I'm a little surprised it took someone this long to ask this. But you're right, I didn't have to do it, I chose to.

What I've done here is presented a WIFOM of absurd proportions towards scum, which forces them to make a choice which will be favorable to town either way. I hate to sound like a broken record here, but either:
a) scum decide to NK me, and run the enormous risk of getting caught by town roles
b) scum decide to leave me alone, and I make it to late game where my role will be more useful.

The worst case scenario is obviously that I become the NK target and nobody in town does anything about it. So to the other town roles out there, whoever you may be, I sincerely hope you will be watching me tonight.

If you want my reads, here they are:
- wrathie: I'm starting to think he might actually be scum and not just an excellent policy lynch so I am more than happy to lynch him tonight. Questioning my actions is fine, doing it as poorly as he is makes it look like he just wants me to be a target.
- I still think Kiro and Nietz are both town
- Rou is asking questions but not really presenting a case on anything
- Xan is devoid of content and lurky
- Edible: I can understand him being gone most of yesterday but he has still yet to do anything significant or comment on stuff that happened previously, to me he feels as lurky as Xan
- Serp I am a bit sticky on due to the mild pressure he was putting on me about being possibly anti-town when everyone else generally agreed that my actions were highly questionable but not scummy, but I haven't pursued this since I felt it might just be my OMGUS instincts talking.
- Zakeri has done an decent job of catching up and offering sound input, feels town.
- Stuffman: hurr

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2009, 09:38:50 PM »
DLevel 7 Vote Count

wrathie (3): Edible, Stuffman, wrathie, Stuffman, Serpentarius
Nietz (1): Nietz, Kiro
Roukanken (1): Xan, Edible
Stuffman (1): Serpentarius, Wrathie
Kiro (2): Roukanken, Nietz
Xan (1): Zakeri
Zakeri (0): Xan

Not voting:
With 9 players remaning, it takes 5 to lynch. Wrathie at L-2.

Who took the Role PMs? Own up!

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2009, 09:50:37 PM »
wrathie is boring to me. I think he should be mutated in an absolutely random way even I don't know.

Wrathie's body is suffused with distortional energy
Your metabolism slows.
You feel clumsy.
You feel frail.
You feel a sudden chill.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 10:00:38 PM by Pesco47 »

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2009, 10:15:44 PM »
For wrathie, I understand your case on Stuffman, but I just have to flat out disagree because the risks Scum likely face of doing what he did far outweigh their potential benefits. I am not set on lynching Stuffman at all today and I don't like how you're not giving him a chance.

This point doesn't hold water.  Sure, it'd be stupid for a Scum to risk himself like that.  It'd also be stupid for a Town with a useful role to risk himself like that.  If you see a bad play, why assume it's a towntell?  People don't suddenly get more intelligent upon receiving a Scum role PM.  If I must, I'm willing to give Stuffman 'till tomorrow to produce something with his role just 'cause wrathie is coming across as more scummy to me, but I'm not going to consider Stuffman's WIFOMy vague roleclaim a towntell.

Quote from: Stuffman
What I've done here is presented a WIFOM of absurd proportions towards scum, which forces them to make a choice which will be favorable to town either way. I hate to sound like a broken record here, but either:
a) scum decide to NK me, and run the enormous risk of getting caught by town roles
b) scum decide to leave me alone, and I make it to late game where my role will be more useful.

You can't exclusively WIFOM Scum, at least not like that.  The reason that WIFOM is bad is that it's just obfuscation, and confusion helps Scum more than Town.  By making a vague early game roleclaim, you're WIFOMing any possible protective roles just as much as you're WIFOMing the Scum, and you're also WIFOMing the Town which has to decide whether or not to lynch you for screwing around with it.  This is why it's bad to open up the game saying "Hay guise, I'm the Cop!"

I'm willing to lynch wrathie, Stuffman, and Xan, in that order.  I'd also like to point out that we should probably do so soon, since I suspect we'll be punished for lingering here too long.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2009, 10:34:24 PM »
To all the people saying I'm not making a case - it's difficult to make cases against people who aren't contributing, mainly because there's very little to work with. Right now I'm really hating Xan and Wrathie makes me want to murder people, but in particular the former irritates me given that he's posting and saying nothing at all, compared to Wrathie who's talking crap. At least Wrathie's giving an opinion - all we have from Xan is 'I don't like Zak's vote on me', and even when Zak does give his reasoning Xan gives no reply beyond 'oops, that's not what I meant to say'. Therefore:
##Unvote: Kiro
Vote: Xan

I'm perfectly fine with a Wrathie lynch if that's where the majority is inclined. Think we should at least Stuff one day to get around his role and give himself away if he's scum.

Who took the Role PMs? Own up!
As much as I'm gonna regret this, guilty. I figured if you were willing to post the damn thing in public rather than just PM IT TO HIM there was nothing in it that could possibly have an effect on the game.

Can't have attachments in PM
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 10:41:47 PM by Pesco47 »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2009, 10:44:29 PM »
EBWOP: If it means anything all I saw were a bunch of files I didn't recognise and I discarded it after that. >_>

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2009, 10:51:09 PM »
@pesco: If you're that concerned, next time, encrypt the archive and PM the passcode to the person you want.

I'm not concerned at all, just wanted to know who fell for it :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 11:01:35 PM by Pesco47 »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2009, 10:52:36 PM »
Feeling damn pissed off today.

I'm asking why you find me suspicious. You admitted that you were acting weird, and then got mad at me for saying so. Seems contradictory.
So I'm supposed to be amused? Not in the mood for that

...What? That's not even what the quoted post is in response to - that was to the accusation of tunneling on you.
I view that as the same thing.

Looking at you without your honorary scum meta you realise you look even worse, right?
* wrathie kicks Rou

whatever it is, you got a problem with me providing nothing, apologizing for them and flaring up. Wonderful, so I should remain silent and for you to continue prod me for lurking? Would like a detailed list of what i should do, and leave out the be useful for once and provide an opinion since that's what i did and i still get shot for it.

AtE.
what? run this by me again,

So was I, and I could have cost Town Yume Nikki. The point is that we need to WATCH Stuffman in later days and see if his actions match his claimed role, which is what we didn't do with Alice.
okay... I'll cede this to you and apologize.

This post from Zak has more content than all of Xan's posts today.

I was not refering to Xan or Zak, I was referring to Edible. Whatever, if you are going to ignore it I don't see why I should  EVEN try.

I wasn't trying to activate anything by getting people to pray, I was trying to figure out what praying does. Again: praying might have nothing to do with roles.

Incidentally, if you think it's so bad for town to get people to try praying, why were you the first to try it!?

Okay, I'll accept your explanation... I find it a little odd that you want others to pray but you answered that later...
I did it as I wanted to know what praying does as well and since it was convenient, I might as well take the oppurtunity to do so rather than be accused of doing something else, which I know i would be accused for.

As for Serp's quote, he was saying that what I was doing was unhelpful, and my answer is that while it might be true now, regardless of what happens, what I did will be helpful later.

If personal safety was any concern of mine I wouldn't have said anything about my role in the first place. How would it be more beneficial to scum to make a claim like this as opposed to staying quiet? It's made me more likely to be lynched.

Alot of what-if's but let's give it a rest and move on, if Rou does what he promises i'll not pursue this issue.

Also quit using the words power role, I never said it was a power role. A power role is something like a cop or a doctor that town can base its strategy around. The effect of my role is potentially powerful, but its usage is limited and its activation method is unclear.

If you view it that way, sure, I'll stop referring it to be a power role. But i do understand your predicament and besides, i wouldn't know what to call it beside that. Better-than-townie role? sheesh

wrathie's Wall of Emotion is a huge facepalm-inducer. How can you claim that you were trying your best when you admit you were fooling around more than you should and that most of what you did was just setup speculation?
Fooling around was during the joke-phase period, page 1, after which i prayed and wanted to know what prayer does and after which is set-up speculation.
My issue is being targeted repeatedly when we are obviously past the point where I can fool around with and is still being targeted for that period's activity. I'll be less pissed off if you had targeted my setup speculation, which WILL be addressed later.

Did you miss the part where I said your actions were scummy in themselves? My point about your meta was that it doesn't clear you in this case.

And as Stuff pointed out, how come you are now accusing his idea of being anti-town when you jumped on it so quickly?

Story of my life. My meta does NOT stick anywhere or any place... it will never clear me if my playstyle shifts every other game.

I jumped on quickly when it matched with my objectives: praying as I wanted to know what it does and would fit better than just praying by myself for the heck of it.

My views on the other people.

Xan: You're Alice's student aren't you...

Edible: I hate you, lurking/contributing or not but everyone is giving you a free pass due to it and nothing would probably stick on you except lurking. If you view me as bad, vote for me.

Stuff: I see why you did what you did, I don't necessarily like it but it's better than nothing...

Kiro & Rou: Pro-town vibes... not much to be said about them

Zak: Commented only on Nietz and prodded on Xan. Seems to be missing the point on why Stuff did what he did despite providing an excellent case on what could happen if he was dead.
we could probably target the one who had pressured stuff the most, which right now is me.
Yay \o/

Serp: I got ninja-ed by Serp... I would like to know why you find me scummy and not just saying you are getting scum vibes from me, damn it all!

Ninja'ed by Rou: My sentiments on Xan as well... If anything I want him to speak up.. and Edible as well.

##unvote
##Vote: Xan

To recap: I'll give Stuffman time to utilize his role... ... I dislike Xan greatly and would like Zak, Serp and Edible to contribute more besides:
 or wrathie is obvscum... be more constructive and stop jumping on the bandwagon that is wrathie: obvscum. I get my honorary scum title for a reason and even if I am not using it, you are using it to judge me.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2009, 10:53:15 PM »
Sure, it'd be stupid for a Scum to risk himself like that.  It'd also be stupid for a Town with a useful role to risk himself like that.

The difference is that it would be way stupider if I was scum. I've already outlined the potential benefits of my gambit, but what would the benefits be if I was scum? At best I would misdirect town roles for one day and avoid being lynched on day 1. I'd be sure to be lynched eventually. That's a huge loss for scum given there's at most two of them. There's no way it could pay off. From a town me perspective though, we're practically guaranteed to lose a townie at night and it would just mean it would be me instead of someone else.

Whether it was a worthwhile play as town or not remains to be seen, but there's not a lot of point in talking about it since I've already played my cards.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2009, 10:59:51 PM »
1336 Serpentarius the Twirler (level 8, 0/66 HPs)
             Began as a Naga Healer on June 4, 2009.
             Was a Believer of Elyvilon.
             Slain by an orc wizard
             ... wielding an orcish dagger (3 damage)
             ... on Level 8 of the Dungeon on June 8, 2009.
             The game lasted 00:09:27 (1982 turns).

Serpentarius the Twirler (Naga Healer)           Turns: 1982, Time: 00:09:34

HP   0/66        AC  4     Str 18      Exp: 8/1467 (2), need: 908
MP  13/13        EV 10     Int 14      God: Elyvilon **
Gold 310         SH  0     Dex  9      Spells:  0 memorised,  7 levels left

Best Crawlers
1.1336SerpentariusNaHe-8slain by a orc wizard (D:8)

Vote count reset!

DLevel 8 Vote Count

wrathie (0):
Nietz (0):
Roukanken (0):
Stuffman (0):
Kiro (0):
Xan (0):
Zakeri (0):
Edible (0):

Not voting: Wrathie, Nietz, Roukanken, Stuffman, Kiro, Xan, Zakeri, Edible
With 8 players remaning, it takes 5 to lynch.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2009, 11:01:22 PM »
I want an explanation of why Affinity said there were 23 hours left last night at around 10 EST.

@mods: Ahem.

If you view me as bad, vote for me.

That would be exactly what I'm doing~

So is this day everlasting, or does it continue until we lynch someone?

Cut by... uh... okay then.

« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2009, 11:01:52 PM »
This point doesn't hold water.  Sure, it'd be stupid for a Scum to risk himself like that.  It'd also be stupid for a Town with a useful role to risk himself like that.  If you see a bad play, why assume it's a towntell?  People don't suddenly get more intelligent upon receiving a Scum role PM.

Normally, this is true, but this is a game with a nightless set up where scum can talk to each other whenever they want. They've got more than one mind working through all of this, so I would think Stuffman, if he was scum, would have run the idea past his scumbuddies first.

As a note, I'm also willing to chip in that I wouldn't mind lynching Wrathie right now either. I'm hoping Xan makes a reply, though.

Cut:
At best I would misdirect town roles for one day and avoid being lynched on day 1. I'd be sure to be lynched eventually.

suuuure.... o_o You should be applying this logic both ways, rather than trying to be optimistic about your townieness. If you're going to get yourself lynched day 2 because of this, you've effectively giving the Scum the power over your WiFoM - by not killing you, and then not letting your power activate.

I'll have to give Wrathie's an indepth read later.

Cut by pesco: Wait, what just happened?

Edible

« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2009, 11:04:24 PM »
The votecount appears to have been reset.

##vote wrathie

See this for details.  His latest RAGE post does nothing to help matters, either.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2009, 11:04:54 PM »
Serp died, carry on.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2009, 11:07:59 PM »
suuuure.... o_o You should be applying this logic both ways, rather than trying to be optimistic about your townieness. If you're going to get yourself lynched day 2 because of this, you've effectively giving the Scum the power over your WiFoM - by not killing you, and then not letting your power activate.

Okay uh I'll be brief since it appears we need to move fast, but the gist of it is scum getting lynched is a much bigger deal than town getting lynched. Also scum can't do anything to stop my power from going off if they don't kill me. I promise to try to activate it tomorrow since apparently things other than scum can kill me.

##Vote wrathie

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2009, 11:13:09 PM »
That was entertaining. I want more people to die.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2009, 11:19:11 PM »
Nietz: What you said about someone pursuing your "obvious joke" self-vote and treating that person as "too serious" can also be turned around to you trying to make a spectacle and baiting such a person in a "gotcha" moment and then you have an easy line of attack to go after the person. That's not real scumhunting on your part because it's inconclusive given that kind of a setup.
Except that I didn't lay any bait and in fact I was surprised that anyone would take a very early joke vote seriously. And it is definitely very different to simply make a policy remark about self-votes and to call someone on the reasons for doing so when I could as well just remain silent or dismissive and let wrathie take the biggest heat from it like he was.

But like I said, what's irking me is not that, but that you accused not only me, who made the vote on you, but also Rou who merely touched on you. That statement was just a blanket, "I don't like people who are making an effort this early in the game," statement which looks too much like you're trying to get just anybody who mentioned your little ploy. That's just lazy and not really being contributive which ironically is what you were accusing Rou and me of doing.
So it irks you that I applied the same standard for everyone? I bet that if I had accused only you, you would be calling me "selective" now.
Also, that's a curious way of twisting my words, since my point was that I didn't like people trying to look like making an effort without really doing so.
"your little ploy" is also a curious choice of words, as apparently you decided to imply that from the first post I had a scum masterplan to publicly mislynch pro-town players, though I can only wonder about how effective or useful that would be for scum.   

I still would prefer Nietz because there's an argument over philosophy that he's refusing to accept any fault for that he's stubbornly pushing,
So now you're saying you want to lynch me not for being scummy, but for not agreeing with you?

Also,
@Pesco: Can we get a count on the hours elapsed after the old deadline?

Warning - while you were typing 11 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Serp died, carry on.
Lovely.
Anyway, ##Vote Kiro again.

« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2009, 11:24:20 PM »
bah. I don't know what to make of Serp's death, if anything. Revote: Xan

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2009, 11:38:34 PM »
Deadline has been removed, but what about the dangers?

It looks like people are going to randomly get killed because we're past deadline. Original deadline was about four hours ago. Please vote quickly, I'd rather not find out what the interval for deaths is.

Edible

« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2009, 11:59:04 PM »
Wait.

Serp died because we took too long to lynch someone?

o_o WTF?

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2009, 12:10:23 AM »
Serp, as a follower of Evilyon, made the following mistakes.

1. He killed a giant newt accidentally while praying.
2. He chopped a corpse up for food while praying.

This prevented him from using his invocations and healing abilities for the rest of his time.

More importantly, on D:7 he found a fabulously ornate robe on the floor, surrounded by orcs.  Gleefully, he killed all of them.  Rubbing his hands, thinking that it was something very very nice, he wore the robe.  Only to find out that it was a cursed -5 robe of misfortune, e.g

A splendid flowing robe of fur and silk.

It affects your evasion (-4)
It affects your strength (-2)
It affects your intelligence (-2)
It affects your dexterity (-2)
It makes you much less stealthy. (-80)
It prevents spellcasting.
It causes teleportation. (1)
It glows with mutagenic radiation. (5)
It has a curse placed upon it.
It may recurse itself. (every time)

Unfortunately, by sheer bad luck, he was never able to find a scroll of remove curse.  After devloping things like blurry vision, loose muscles (-3 STR), etc, he was spontaneously teleported into a middle of an orc vault, surrounded by orc wizards and warriors with no method of escape while having an AC of -2.  Nagas aren't particularly good at dodging either. Lastly, Evilyion didn't care.  Thus ends Serp's sad romp into the dungeon.

Serpentarius was killed by a orc wizard while wearing the -5 cursed robe of Misfortune!

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2009, 12:18:54 AM »
Am I right in assuming the situation is this - the GMs are playing rounds of Crawl with our characters, and if the character dies in-game so does the player in the Mafia round?

...Goddammit, it's Pesco. I should've read Bastard Mod a LOOOOONG time ago. >_>

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2009, 12:20:43 AM »
EBWOP: Crap, the votecount reset.
##Vote: Xan

WRATHIE_Beatrice