Author Topic: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Game Over  (Read 68991 times)

Re: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Day 4
« Reply #630 on: January 26, 2010, 09:14:37 PM »
Before going on to Jam, I've got a quick message for Tom.  There is a huge difference between actively lurking and simply not posting.  One of them you eventually notice because they aren't around while the other looks like they're around until you read everything and realize they've actually said nothing the entire time.  This is the difference, Learn it, Love it, Live it.

Ok...  so Jam's huge immunity post is kinda killed by the fact that she notes in a post before her vote that Chaos is doomed unless another train starts.  Even when she votes it's more because he's put his foot in his mouth yet again.  And...  that's it.  Aside from answering one question, there's nothing new there, and her content is mostly constrained to UD/UK/Chaos.

Day 2, one post of mostly derivative opinion before...  spending her time feeling that UK is town and then trying to coach her?  And...  what?  Day 4 already?

Alright, I'll be honest.  Alice, I'm not sure I see what you mean where you state that Jam's produced something worth considering in her first post on Day 4.  It mostly seems to be a defense, and asking people why they're on her.

Her defense when it does come up is trying to play the newbie card, but given that even newbies can get the scum roll, this is a null tell.  Whereas the harping that clearly if we've missed the scum so far then they must be super experienced as opposed to not giving us anything to really latch on to.

Which brings me to the thing I do actually find the worst about her.  It's how much of her posting until now which is essentially meaningless and without any actual content.  Which brings us back to both what I said to Tom earlier, and Kerigis.

The difference between not posting and active lurking can be derived by looking at the difference between Kerigis and Jam.  Kerigis is not posting often, true.  But when he does post, you typically get a post of reasonable length with a certain amount of individual thought.  But Jam, while she has also had issues posting, she seems to have managed a higher post count, and when she posts I never have this "Wait, she's in the game" type reactions, because I see Jam's avatar pop up often enough.  But, while Ker gives us something when he shows up, the only thing I get from Jam is that she's anti-Tom, and pro-UK.  And the anti-Tom stuff is only to do with vote order to boot (hint, despite there being no evidence for it yet, even townies can start mislynches).  Everything else we've been given is recycled or given to us as a feeling.  And this is before you look at Day 1, where one post is spread out over the space of three, or Day 2 where four posts are devoted to trying to tell UK that what she's doing is making her look bad.  Honestly, I can easily see this as a newbScum trying not to tie herself to anyone.

While UK does seem worrying, she at least talks, and has enough content that I have a decent idea where she stands.  And Tom...  I'll admit that Tom worries me.  But annoyingly, one of my main points against him is Tom being Tom.  He's like a bloody bulldog what will follow its scent regardless of how it looks whether he's Town, Scum, 3rd Party or Missile the Wonder Pup.

So...  yeah, I think this is the way to go.

##Vote: Jam-Kiske

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #631 on: January 26, 2010, 09:18:37 PM »
*cracks knuckles

@ Carthrat:

@Kerigis: With regard to the serptrain, I would like to call your attention as to how pretty much everyone on it had already stated a willingness to lynch the guy. The votes did come on quickly but I don't think that should be an issue.

Ehh, no.
Let's start with where the hell are such posts with said "willingness on it". You were the first one who started considering such a Serp lynch after his post that everyone pretty much went batshit about. Sodium is the one who jumped, and I'm calling opportunistic jump on him. Hell, even UK herself stated that her firstmost reason was to save herself from being lynched, targeting her "next suspect". Furthermore, all that willingness and votes started at the same page.
Kinda weird huh? Considering that after two long drags from the first two days and being pretty sure on who were going to lynch, we stutter on one single page and make a rushed decision, as I see it.

@ Alice:
I thought about contradiction thinking that the second statement was talking about you. But I think you meant Chaore. Am I correct?

@ Sodium:
Thanks for the crickets.wav in response to my vote.
...=V I do believe I am currently between the Border of Probably Fucked and Fucked.
afgagsasdfyg, I'm so sick of things like these.

@Jam:
I'm still looking at Tom mostly for reasons I stated before.

Oh you mean this?

Nice wall UK. You actually do keep your word when you say you'll do some scumhunting.

You made a good point about me ignoring Tom previously so now that I've looked at his posts I'm fairly suspicious of him... He posts once in a while and despite the fact that he makes fairly logical arguments in everything he does he defended Chaore in the beginning and has each time voted for someone we now know to be Town, even if no one else was voting for them. The only exception to this is his vote for Chaore at the point where he was already doomed.

##Vote EvilTom

Uh-huh. That's just "I agree with ya, UK."

And what about other days regarding your investigation? Y'know... after Chaore.

Did you find anything about Tom regarding... other days?

@ Excal:

Yes, I know that UK was in the Border of Life and Death (ha), however, her vote is just... that, a lifesaver, not a very insightful post on why UK has pinpointed Serp other than "Refuge for Audacity".
That's why I'm aiming at Sodium right now.

And...

...and lynching someone without an important and verifiable role is always better than lynching yourself.

You know, I'm about ready to vote myself at this point.

v(o_o)v

----

Anyway, here's my pattern until now:
Sodium, then Jam next for stated above until he responds.

Powerup punchin'!

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #632 on: January 26, 2010, 09:27:30 PM »
Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game! Day 4 Vote Count:

Sodium (2): UncertainKitten, Kerigis
Jam-Kiske (3): EvilTom, Carthrat, Excal
Alice Margatroid (1): Edible
EvilTom (2): Sodium, Jam-Kiske

No vote cast: Alice Margatroid

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch. You have about 29 hours to vote.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #633 on: January 26, 2010, 09:43:07 PM »
Quote from: Kerigis
Yes, I know that UK was in the Border of Life and Death (ha), however, her vote is just... that, a lifesaver, not a very insightful post on why UK has pinpointed Serp other than "Refuge for Audacity".
That's why I'm aiming at Sodium right now.

You don't pay attention ,do you? I had a WALL that implicated Serp. Hell, I had my stance on EVERY PLAYER IN THE GAME in that wall. I had suspected Serp THE ENTIRE DAY. I could have sworn I voted him, but apparently I picked Sodium first. The "Suspecting serp" did NOT COME OUT OF NOWHERE

Why are you trying to paint it like that, Kerigis?

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #634 on: January 26, 2010, 09:53:59 PM »
Tom: Congrats, you've admitted that your original reason for voting Jam is because she's anti-town rather than scummy. You don't vote people purely because of that, at least not an hour into a day. So, why didn't you vote someone who you actually felt was scummy?

I still like how you're not voting me despite you saying that I was the most scummy to you.

And no, I'm not defending her. I'm attacking you on your BS votes. Your first on Pesco was STOP BEING MEAN TO UD AND CHAORE. You only voted Chaore because of his claim. The Nietz vote was actually good, but your vote on UK was just repeating Rou's and K4U's case, and then you didn't vote Jam for actually being scummy at first. Your REASONING for voting most of the people you voted suck. Prove to me how your UK & Jam votes weren't just voting whatever was the easiest.

Lurking=/=Inactive. Minor point(see the "somewhat") too. Try Again.

bofh: Gonna vote?

Jam's posting level has went up, but amount of content stayed the same. Solely covering your ass never helped anyone find scum.

Actually, screw the re-read. 

Thanks for the crickets.wav in response to my vote.
lolwhoops.
Yay, I voted someone because of the situation that someone got themselves in. They got into said situations by their actions. Wow, how else do you decide to vote someone?

UK: You did vote Serp first. Then Kilga announced Serp's inability to post for awhile, and you switched to me because voting Serp would be stupid at that point. The ending vote count even said you voted him first.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #635 on: January 26, 2010, 09:56:01 PM »
Quote from: Sodium
UK: You did vote Serp first. Then Kilga announced Serp's inability to post for awhile, and you switched to me because voting Serp would be stupid at that point. The ending vote count even said you voted him first.

Thought as much. Thank you. So, yeah, thanks for the misrep Keri. Would you like to talk out of your ass anymore, or would you like to actually cite things that happened THIS GAME?

« Reply #636 on: January 26, 2010, 10:00:25 PM »
Seems I've been beaten to it.  But yeah...  Kitten's Day 3 stuff doesn't actually match up with that nice little picture you painted for her, Ker.  Serp first, then onto Sodium, then back onto Serp with a claim that she thinks they're scummates?

Actually, Kitten.  I don't think anyone has brought this up, but why would you operate under the assumption that a scum would start up a train on a buddy who, while there is suspicion, seems likely to survive the day if nothing happens to get people started voting on him.  Especially right before day ends?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #637 on: January 26, 2010, 10:15:42 PM »
Actually, Kitten.  I don't think anyone has brought this up, but why would you operate under the assumption that a scum would start up a train on a buddy who, while there is suspicion, seems likely to survive the day if nothing happens to get people started voting on him.  Especially right before day ends?

Cause it's what I'd do and have done. It's not the best play but has a pernicious habit of clearing people if it works. So it's sacrificing a partner to get major town points you hope you don't lose by endgame. medium risk, high reward. I look for those kinds of things because that's how I tend to play. If I can case a scumbuddy, I will, and possibly get them lynched over a townie scapegoat if I think I'll get enough points from it.

That's basically why I tend to assume that it's possible. That said, you are right that it could be something peculiar to me and I shouldn't apply such a standard to other players.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #638 on: January 27, 2010, 12:52:15 AM »
Kay not reading all the post right now just in case something happens before I finish.
I will though, kay?

RoleClaim cuz I really don't want to get lynched and would like to prevent a mislynch as much as possible.
Character: Liebea Palesch, most pathetic fighter in all of RKS, but also a devout little sister. How cute!

Role: Town Cop. Each night, you can pick one other player in the game, and when the next day starts you will be told if they are town or scum.

EvilTom

• Reimu is always welcome on /d/
« Reply #639 on: January 27, 2010, 12:56:23 AM »
Oh god. Quoting the role PM = modkill *facepalm*

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #640 on: January 27, 2010, 12:58:42 AM »
Did she just...god DAMMIT

Alright, Jam, claim ALL RESULTS before you get modkilled.

And PAY FUCKING ATTENTION in the future.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #641 on: January 27, 2010, 01:00:27 AM »
Oh fuck.
W'ever.

All I got is UK & SODIUM are town.
Other person I investigated was Rou so yeah...
I got no scum. :(

EvilTom

« Reply #642 on: January 27, 2010, 01:01:40 AM »
I just checked the rules, and it technically doesn't say you can't quote role PM, but it's obviously a hard and fast rule in every single Mafia game ever.

*Headdesk*

Kilga?

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #643 on: January 27, 2010, 01:03:17 AM »
Yeah I interpreted it as you can't quote PMs like if you've got a role where you PM amongst people.

Either way, my bad. >>;

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #644 on: January 27, 2010, 01:04:32 AM »
Kilga elaborated later in thread, EvilTom. And said that people would get modkilled if they quoted.

And Jam, that helps immensely

Effectively we now know one fourth of the living players are town

##Unvote

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #645 on: January 27, 2010, 01:07:08 AM »
Ah! I forgot! Edible is confirmed town as well

3/8. We...might have a chance here.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #646 on: January 27, 2010, 01:07:56 AM »
Cool.
See that's why I thought that the uber amazing people have to be scum, because I have no idea who else could be scum at this point...

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #647 on: January 27, 2010, 01:09:54 AM »
Well, it makes sense. Though I'm slightly insulted that I'm considered noob grade, lol :P

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #648 on: January 27, 2010, 01:14:17 AM »
I will say this. You actually played cop rather well. You breadcrumbed the fact I was town, and probably the fact Sodium was town. You were suspicious enough so you wouldn't get killed, but weren't suspicious enough to get lynched until now. In the future you probably want to be more proactive, but overall, you did well for a newbie. You have some potential I think :P.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #649 on: January 27, 2010, 01:20:25 AM »
Oh I didn't mean to call you a noob. Sorry UK. xD You seem to really know what you're doing... I'll probably try to play this again in the future and just... suck less.

I suppose I'll just not be lazy and read old posts or something...

So town: what is the course of action now?

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #650 on: January 27, 2010, 01:23:04 AM »
Was about to read through 22 pages, and then Jam...*facepalm*. Where did Kilga state that quoting role PMs == modkill? (Even though it has been the rule in virtually every mafia game I've been in). Assuming that Jam is not fakeclaiming, this cuts our list down immensely:
Town:
2) UncertainKitten (Spiritia)
4) Edible (Schwer-Muta)
6) Jam-Kiske (Liebea)
15) Sodium (Pamela)

I'm not fully willing to let Sodium slide, he seems Godfatheriffic(TM) at times, and I know Kilga would include a GF or a framer or something if he was also going to cram in a cop. But let's assume that Jam is Town and actually did investigate Town. Also, I'm still quite sure that Excal is Town at the moment. Leaving us with...

7) Carthrat (Freudia)
12) Kerigis (Trauare)
17) EvilTom (Dolis)

The Scumteam? I don't see how we can have less than four Scum in this game. I can fully see DT being Scum if Jam is (fairly worthless)-Town. Carth is unreadable as usual. Keri has been doing a wonderful job flying under the radar the entire goddamned time, and did do a bit of misrep.

At the same time, there's still quite a bit of leeway on Carth, I'm not fully convinced Sodium is Town, Jam might still be fakeclaiming, there's still my early suspicions of Arashi and argh.

Time to do the requisite rereads, blargh.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #651 on: January 27, 2010, 01:28:24 AM »
Alice, do you HONESTLY think Jam is fakeclaiming? After QUOTING A ROLE PM!?

Fuck this

##Vote Alice

Also, right here Kilga says it.

Hell, you even COMMENTED on it, Alice. Your last post is serious WTF. Classic case of "Oh shit, people getting confirmed. Unconfirm...UNCONFIRM!"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #652 on: January 27, 2010, 01:32:21 AM »

* Uncertain Mikeneko Rock rereads

I will admit that Keri and EvilTom ARE great picks for scum.

« Reply #653 on: January 27, 2010, 01:44:29 AM »
From where I'm sitting, the move is to...  keep sitting.  Given you quoted your role PM, this means one of three things.

a) Kilga kills you right now, day continues, and you're flipped which will confirm you and we can go forward from the assumption that you're town.
b) Kilga kills you, day ends, we're probably going into Lylo.
c) Kilga doesn't kill you.  Which likely means that you, much like Edible, have fudged something.  This will likely be followed by a swift lynching of you.

Given that by Kilga's declaration this is going to be verifiably proven or disproven in short order, I'm going to wait and see what happens before taking action.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #654 on: January 27, 2010, 01:45:45 AM »
I think Kilga HAS to kill her. Faking a quoted role PM is just about as bad as actually doing it. Hence it usually gets modkilled.

I could be wrong about Kilga's style though. You are right we can wait for the reveal.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #655 on: January 27, 2010, 01:49:41 AM »
Yeah. If for some reason Kilga doesn't kill me... wouldn't the mafia kill me anyway at this point.
So yeah.. >>

EvilTom

« Reply #656 on: January 27, 2010, 01:52:20 AM »
There would be no point in faking a role PM, because you instantly get lynched if you don't get modkilled. That's how I see it. So Kilga doesn't have to kill her if she's fudged it.

Anyway I agree with Excal. Generally in games I've played in, the timer gets paused when there's a gamestate question and everyone waits for Word of Mod. There's no point speculating, when the mod will (hopefully) come along soon and resolve the question.

Ninja:
Yeah. If for some reason Kilga doesn't kill me... wouldn't the mafia kill me anyway at this point.
No, because if you don't get modkilled then it means you're scum fakeclaiming. And you get lynched 30 seconds later.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #657 on: January 27, 2010, 01:55:37 AM »
Alice, do you HONESTLY think Jam is fakeclaiming? After QUOTING A ROLE PM!?

Fuck this

##Vote Alice
Really. Because it's impossible for someone to slap together some words that are phrased similarly to their actual role PM and fakeclaim? I'm not sure why entertaining the possiblity of such an occurence is Scummy at all, much less to the point of this reaction.

In any order, doing anything right now is pointless until we have Word of Mod on the issue, so...yeah.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #658 on: January 27, 2010, 02:10:32 AM »
Generally if scum fakeclaims by faking a PM quote, I modkill and continue the day. That's rather common for scum modkills. Then again, town modkills usually end the day, and that obviously didn't happen. Then again, it was an inactivity modkill, so an actual rule violation modkill might work differently.

Therefore, I'm assuming she's walking dead.

At any rate, Alice, you should still know better. How many games has Jam played? Even if her scum partners made a role PM for her (which I doubt), don't you think they'd have told her NOT TO CLAIM IT/QUOTE IT!?

I don't buy you being this stupid, Alice.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #659 on: January 27, 2010, 02:17:05 AM »
Generally if scum fakeclaims by faking a PM quote, I modkill and continue the day. That's rather common for scum modkills. Then again, town modkills usually end the day, and that obviously didn't happen. Then again, it was an inactivity modkill, so an actual rule violation modkill might work differently.

Therefore, I'm assuming she's walking dead.

At any rate, Alice, you should still know better. How many games has Jam played? Even if her scum partners made a role PM for her (which I doubt), don't you think they'd have told her NOT TO CLAIM IT/QUOTE IT!?

I don't buy you being this stupid, Alice.
Well once Kilga modkills her, or doesn't modkill her, or whatever, we'll find out :V

Good christ, if you assume she's walking dead, which she IS if she's legit, then just, um, read my post omitting the two lines along the lines of "assuming Jam is not fakeclaiming". Does the relevant post still make you think I'm omgscum?

...for that matter, if you "don't buy me being this dumb", why do you think this points to me being Scum?