Author Topic: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Game Over  (Read 68989 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #480 on: January 22, 2010, 01:28:58 AM »
If you DO reference, explain and define everything, you produce a heaping wall of text. I'm not going to sit and study mechanically playing a game that's supposed to be fun. >_>

Anyway, we're getting sidetracked.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #481 on: January 22, 2010, 01:31:19 AM »
We are indeed, but as a parting shot, you can reference without producing a wall of text. I could probably compress the case on Sodium into 5 lines with links. The reason that is such a massive wall is because it is basically everything I thought about the first 15 pages, and the players wherein.

Finally, the entire game is about studying the other players. That's part of the fun.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #482 on: January 22, 2010, 01:32:46 AM »
Finally, the entire game is about studying the other players. That's part of the fun.
My last point: Observing and studying are two different things. You observe an animal at a zoo for fun. You study it as a job.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #483 on: January 22, 2010, 01:38:25 AM »
I'll save any more comments on this for post game. Remind me then, alright?

« Reply #484 on: January 22, 2010, 02:32:15 AM »
I'm sorry to everyone, you all deserve so much better than another player flaking out on you, but I really don't think I can do this. I realized way early on that I don't actually enjoy this, but I'd planned to see it through no matter what 'cause I signed up to play and it's not fair to everyone else when people take the easy way out and quit, but today I've been sick, all I've wanted was to nap, I've probably needed to at least make an effort to get other work done, and the pressure to produce (not even the pressure of trying to make a decent case! the pressure to make any case at all, period) was actually making me feel mildly sicker, even though I know full well it's just a game and I shouldn't be stressing over it at all.

There's probably not anyone else in the replacement pool, but if there is, I suppose that's probably fairest for everyone, and if I can be so presumptuous as to make any requests at this point, I'd like any other actions taken on me to wait until Kilga or Suwako can confirm/deny the availability/feasibility of replacements, even if I'm pretty sure that's a deny. If there's not one, vig me, lynch me, wait and leave me for a modkill, whatever. I feel like a bit of a hypocrite for quitting, but I genuinely do think this is the option I should take.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #485 on: January 22, 2010, 02:39:42 AM »
I'm sorry to everyone, you all deserve so much better than another player flaking out on you, but I really don't think I can do this. I realized way early on that I don't actually enjoy this, but I'd planned to see it through no matter what 'cause I signed up to play and it's not fair to everyone else when people take the easy way out and quit.
I kind of feel like this too.
But I'm not sick so I'll stick with it...

Feel better Arashi!

[maybe sometime someone could be nice and hold an all noob game or something? because it's annoying to get called out for not really coming up with much constantly when I DON'T KNOW HOW]

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #486 on: January 22, 2010, 02:40:03 AM »
@Arashi: sigh...
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #487 on: January 22, 2010, 02:41:31 AM »
Ah.
and the pressure to produce (not even the pressure of trying to make a decent case! the pressure to make any case at all, period) was actually making me feel mildly sicker, even though I know full well it's just a game and I shouldn't be stressing over it at all.
This here. This is quite clearly a sign that something isn't right.

I know, because I was in this position several times in some of my more recent games. It got to the point where I was actually making myself almost ill over mafia. I got aggressive, teary, nauseous...all because I took the game WAY too seriously. I recall one incident where a mislynch basically left me physically stunned for the best part of an hour. That's half the reason I'm not studying everyone in-depth like UK wants me to - for me, that's a one-way ticket into some nasty side-effects. I have plenty of fun with this current playstyle, thanks.

If you're not feeling well, then your first step should be to rest. Like you said, Mafia is a game, and there's life outside of the internet. It may be a problem for us game-wise if you drop out, but your personal health should still come first and foremost.

Now SERIOUSLY WHY DO I ALWAYS LOSE TRACK OF TIME GOOD NIGHT PEOPLE T_T

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #488 on: January 22, 2010, 05:02:31 AM »
Consider my already waning interest in this game nearly severed.  Four people needing replacement is ridiculous and makes it damned near impossible to play, much less effectively scumhunt.

Whatever, meta tells go.

Sodium is probably scum, as he is basing his cases around convenience instead of evidence as he is wont to do as scum.

Zakeri is also probably scum, as he tends to lurk far more often and has much less to say as scum.

If UK is scum, so is Alice.  UK's tying herself too well to everyone else contributing, and isn't doing so to him.

My clear of K4U was accurate.  I expect the same holds true for Jam and Roukanken.

I am confirmed town due to the semi-open setup.  The only other option is SK, and again this is rendered impossible due to the setup.

Carthrat, Tom, and Kerigis are unknowns.

##vote Sodium until I manage to convince myself to bother rereading.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #489 on: January 22, 2010, 05:25:33 AM »
toot toot all aboard the whinytrain
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:01:19 AM by No Doubt Kil Gaud »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

« Reply #490 on: January 22, 2010, 05:32:16 AM »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #491 on: January 22, 2010, 05:34:15 AM »
I have not yet reached the point where I am willing to shit all over everyone else that's still dedicated to the game in response to a minority.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

« Reply #492 on: January 22, 2010, 05:36:26 AM »
It's not shit, it's destruction!  Raining from the heavens!

(I'm not advocating that you end the game I just wanted to post lavos as a reaction image somewhere)

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #493 on: January 22, 2010, 05:45:27 AM »
EXECUTIVE DECISION

I have found a potential replacement for Arashi, so in the interest of allowing that person (or whoever replaces in, if they decline) time to catch up AND waiting for Serp's connection issues to get fixed, I'm hereby extending this day 24 hours.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #494 on: January 22, 2010, 05:49:55 AM »
Excal has replaced Arashi.

Rat, Serp, Alice, Tom and Roukan can all vouch for him as a quality player, in case any of the rest of you are curious.

« Reply #495 on: January 22, 2010, 06:06:13 AM »
* Excal rains down from the heavens.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Death!  Destruction!  The DOOM of thousands!  Let their unaswered cries for mercy be my chor...

Wait, what?  I'm only supposed to kill the guys on the other team?  Laaaaaame!

Well, since it seems I don't have the totally broken ability to kill everyone who isn't me whenever I so desire, then I'd like to say Hi!  I'm Excal, aka crazy guy from those RPG forums you may, or may not, have heard from.

Anyways, while I'd like to make some kind of intelligent response, I'll need to actually read things before I can do that.  So, I'll get back to you all after I've done that.  So, pip pip, cheerio, and all the rest of that rot.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #496 on: January 22, 2010, 06:28:04 AM »
Also pointing out that Zakeri has indeed been prodded.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #497 on: January 22, 2010, 10:20:47 AM »
Rat, Serp, Alice, Tom and Roukan can all vouch for him as a quality player, in case any of the rest of you are curious.
I admit I had to look back to RPGDL to remember who Excal was. (It was AnonyMafia, that's my excuse.) -_-;

Anyway, welcome and, well, apologies for making you read so much. :V

« Reply #498 on: January 22, 2010, 10:46:45 AM »
Hey, I'm *TWITCH* almost at the *TWITCH* end of *TWITCH* Page 9.  I mean, Day 1's gotta be ending soon...  right?  ...right?  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE LET IT BE ENDING SOON!

Anyways, for some slightly more on topic stuff...

Zakeri, Rou, Serp, and Rat are all people of interest to me right now.

Rat is pretty simple.  I'll admit, he did do a nice catch with one particular bit of logic.  But his current stance of Ad Homeneins are fine in the right circumstances?  That smells bad to me, mostly because trying to provoke emotional responses is such an effective scum tactic.  Especially if you want to project a deep divide.  I will also take this moment to point out that current is somewhere in the last 12 hours of Day 1, so this may all have changed.  But yeah, it's kinda smelling bad to me.  And the thing about Rat is, I find that if I'm going to catch him, it'll never be the big stuff, but it'll be in the small points like this that just don't look good.

Serp, I honestly wish I could point out what it is with him.  But he's only made two posts so far, only one of which actually had anything worth noticing.  And I haven't really had time to do more than a surface read.  Just, something about his post in responce to Chaos and Rat's vote and the UD stuff pinged.

Rou...  honestly, I like the guy.  His posts since he came in have, in fact, been a breath of fresh air, and his points have been good and generally stuff I agree with.  Hell, I even have a lot of sympathy for him because, hey, I've subbed into a Kilga Touhou game before to find the guy I filled in for did a lot of really inexplicable stuff too!  Just...  I can't really think of him as town.  I mean, if I squinted I could see how the guy I replaced was trying to help town win, I can't see how picking a fight like that helped Town, complete with the waffling and the rest.  Hell, even the whole Scumbuddies picking a fight thing seems plausible, even with the sudden calling it quits.  Obviously, he's the person who's going to take the most looking at, but...  yeah.

Finally, Zakeri.  I honestly agree with the whole stance on the first person to start discussion is likely a townie.  But the towniest person?  Really?  That seems more like an overzealous defense followed by trying to distract things elsewhere.  But, not so sure on that.  May change when I see posts that came after more than four other people had posted things worth considering.

There's probably more to be saying, but honestly, I'm still trying to catch up, and need some sleep.  Hopefully tomorrow will give me more insightful stuff to say.

PS: Roukan, which game were you in?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #499 on: January 22, 2010, 10:53:42 AM »
PS: Roukan, which game were you in?
Anonymouth Animafia, good thir.

...Uh-oh, the pillth are wearing off again. Gimme five minuteth.

(Grollthwert doethn't have the thame ring to it...)

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #500 on: January 22, 2010, 01:17:06 PM »
fssssssk

After this game I'm going to write some WORDS about all this replacing, I have little sympathy at the best of times and a number has been done on it as is. also hai excal

Anyway I've kinda been out all day and came home unable to post much, brain's pretty fried. Jam still seems like the best choice today. Sodium has slipped by me this game (and I kinda lumped him in with Zak there), but I can't offhand think of why he'd be a better choice on my own.

btw Rou and UK are very likely towniefightan. It's unfortunate that they consist of so much of the game.

EvilTom

• Reimu is always welcome on /d/
« Reply #501 on: January 22, 2010, 03:08:45 PM »
More replacements!? More names to learn??!!?? Nooo.. oh wait, I know this one.
Hi Excal, welcome to the game!
Hope you feel better Arashi.

Excal, I appreciate your fresh insight, so can you elaborate on your Rat adhom thing (reference?), also why you can't think of Rou as town. I understand you just joined and are still reading, but some better explanations are required.

Ugh I'm way too tired for this. Time extension is handy, I'll be able to look over things again when I wake up.

Edible

« Reply #502 on: January 22, 2010, 03:35:24 PM »
(Grollthwert doethn't have the thame ring to it...)

*wipes coffee off monitor*

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #503 on: January 22, 2010, 06:15:30 PM »
Looking forward to Excal's complete analysis.

Hey...wait...something feels funny about Evil Tom's Post...let's see if I'm right.

I'm close. Take this, combined with this/this, and come up with a conclusion regarding this

It's different enough so it wasn't as telling as I had hoped, but I'm curious what other people think of this semi comparable situation.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:18:13 PM by No Doubt Kil Gaud »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #504 on: January 22, 2010, 06:17:19 PM »
Stop with the bad formatting, I tire of cleaning your litterbox. >_>

« Reply #505 on: January 22, 2010, 06:22:54 PM »
I find it amusing that you pick up on the one person I have anything close to hard evidence on to ask why I'm thinking the way I am.  But, you, being a DL regular should know Rat is one of my three "never assume they are town" people.  And I find him harder to read than Alex.

So, why the Ad Hom thing?  Because I generally find how people react to those to be a good sign of where there's scum.  Ad Homs are a great way to not only side-track discussion, but used well they are also a good way to reduce someone to sputtering rage making them look like an idiot and more than a little scummy.  And, Rat's one of the people I recall using that trick on Ciato before she snapped and stopped playing, and people started twigging onto it.  (I was saddened when scum stopped doing that.  Meant finding scum was harder than looking at who baited Ciato)  Granted, my memory could be wrong, but even if it is, Rat only gives himself away in small details, and this is one that makes alarm bells ring.

As for Rou, his posts have been genuinely great.  And I can't see anything in them.  But hey, short posts make for less chances to screw up, and I'm still heavily impressed by the huge mess created early day 1 which he does carry the fallout of.  So, yeah, there may be nothing there, but when I'm still trying to remember half the names, something so bad smelling that I cannot help but remember the name will get some mention.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #506 on: January 22, 2010, 06:31:21 PM »
Stop with the bad formatting, I tire of cleaning your litterbox. >_>

Fine, I'll use the post preview button!

So, why the Ad Hom thing?  Because I generally find how people react to those to be a good sign of where there's scum.  Ad Homs are a great way to not only side-track discussion, but used well they are also a good way to reduce someone to sputtering rage making them look like an idiot and more than a little scummy.  And, Rat's one of the people I recall using that trick on Ciato before she snapped and stopped playing, and people started twigging onto it.  (I was saddened when scum stopped doing that.  Meant finding scum was harder than looking at who baited Ciato)  Granted, my memory could be wrong, but even if it is, Rat only gives himself away in small details, and this is one that makes alarm bells ring.

This gives me some food for thought. I haven't played with Carth often. I might want to reread him as the game goes on. I might do an isolated reread today, but I kinda have a fair amount of people I find scummy as it stands.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #507 on: January 22, 2010, 06:44:07 PM »
@Excal: Rat's done the same thing here with Nuke Fusion, which led to an especially comedic game. Anyway, I also find him notoriously hard to read, and the thought that he was Scum has occured to me, but given as how there's more than one remaining Scum, and probably more than two, I've set him aside right now, as I have no obvious complaints about him (his posts seem to read Pro-Town as a whole, and he *was* the swingvote on Chaore D1)

Finally getting caught up in this game. Bleh.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #508 on: January 22, 2010, 08:07:42 PM »
Carth's d1 'Ad Hominem = PRO' never sat well with me either, and neither did his 'HAMMER EARLY WHILE WE COMPLAIN ABOUT PEOPLE NOT TALKING, THAT MAKES SENSE'. In terms of content or views all I can see of note is that he's vehemently argued against the UK lynch at every possible junction besides the obvious 'hey stop playing the martyr' which he then never mentions again. Jam, while iffy, could also be another newcomer who scum are exploiting for an easy lynch. In that light, the UK lynch may give us some useful info on Carth's affiliation, and regardless of her apparent change of heart today I'm willing to hold to lynching her based on how scummy she's been over the last 2 days.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #509 on: January 22, 2010, 08:24:47 PM »
and regardless of her apparent change of heart today

What change of heart? If you mean me no longer saying I should be lynched, I still am. I just would rather lynch scum, hence why I've been poking for Serp or Sodium's lynch.