Author Topic: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Game Over  (Read 68627 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2010, 09:51:39 PM »
Your wording deserves only a facepalm.

I'm aware I'm stuck on obscenely unsimple and mostly dickish, Thanks.

Usually Dead

« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2010, 09:52:42 PM »
UK: What can I say? Your attitude really captures the argumentative spirit in me.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2010, 09:53:23 PM »
Oh shit! Tvtropes linked! GAME OVER, MAN, GAME OVER...

Chaore

« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2010, 09:54:12 PM »

72 hours is plenty of time to browse TVTropes, Silly Pesco.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2010, 09:56:28 PM »

Unfortunately I got caught in my own trap.

* UncertainKitten continues purusing Dr.Jerk

« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2010, 09:57:09 PM »
Please, what?

Because UD is likely scum? I mean, that's not really a question that has an answer.

Huh? I don't understand what you are getting at here.

The correct answer is "Reaction Formation." Stirring up bullshit and making noise is what get's people to talk in these games.

It was said earlier that UD was trying to spread confusion around, but there's really nothing else to spread around in these waters. The water is only clear and blue because the confusion is nestled at the bottom. Once someone stirs it all up the confusion clouds the water, but then we can sort through it and clean it easier than by just scrubbing the bottom. Once the confusion is cleared up, we're that much closer to cleaning up all of the scum, so it's much better for them is the water never stirred in the first place.

It's safe to say that UD is actually the most pro-town person in the game so far.

pre-cut: ...12 new replies already. sheesh.

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2010, 09:58:51 PM »
I didn't say 'If shes scum, No reason to kill her anyway'. I said 'Given we don't know if she is scum, there really are better targets for lynching.' Its opportunity cost.
Alright then, I'll let this go, now.

BTW, Who's scum?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2010, 09:59:52 PM »
I'd buy that if UD played more often or demonstrated a fundamental understanding of the game. If he does as the day goes on, I'll reassess my view. Quite frankly, I don't see UD as capable of consciously attempting reaction formation.

My vote stays, and my suspicion of Zakeri increases slightly.

Chaore

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2010, 10:00:40 PM »
The correct answer is "Reaction Formation." Stirring up bullshit and making noise is what get's people to talk in these games.

It was said earlier that UD was trying to spread confusion around, but there's really nothing else to spread around in these waters. The water is only clear and blue because the confusion is nestled at the bottom. Once someone stirs it all up the confusion clouds the water, but then we can sort through it and clean it easier than by just scrubbing the bottom. Once the confusion is cleared up, we're that much closer to cleaning up all of the scum, so it's much better for them is the water never stirred in the first place.

It's safe to say that UD is actually the most pro-town person in the game so far.

pre-cut: ...12 new replies already. sheesh.

Yeah, That was probably his plan.

Why did you tell it now though? Most of the players haven't even read the thread yet.

Alright then, I'll let this go, now.

BTW, Who's scum?

Yeah, I need to stop expecting people to be thinking on my wavelength. Sorry.

Usually Dead

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2010, 10:02:03 PM »
Zakeri: Thank you. My ego really does love how you keep defending me, but it's not for your own good.

It seems as though you recognize the genuine intentions of my newness and are trying to garner my favor because of that. It almost appears as though you'd be trying to gain an ally or two, but the utter suspicion this game breeds wouldn't allow for that.

Don't worry though. I won't switch my vote to you just yet. My vanity forbids it, for the time being.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2010, 10:03:50 PM »
I love how Cha evaded Zak's question.

Chaore

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2010, 10:06:36 PM »
I'm pretty sure that was a joke, kitten.

« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2010, 10:07:37 PM »
Quote from: UD
Zakeri: Thank you. My ego really does love how you keep defending me, but it's not for your own good.
You're welcome~

Quote from: Chaore
Yeah, That was probably his plan.

Why did you tell it now though? Most of the players haven't even read the thread yet.
I'll admit, I got caught up in attacking UK's attacks of UD because I thought they were wrong. Still, it's not the sort of plan that simply knowing what it is helps prevent you from falling for it. though I guess I sort of ruined it, now, huh?

Quote from: Chaore
Quote from: Zakeri
BTW, Who's scum?

Cut:
I'm pretty sure that was a joke, kitten.
No it wasn't. It was a more direct way of asking what you refused to answer in question 2.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2010, 10:09:12 PM »
I'll admit, I got caught up in attacking UK's attacks of UD because I thought they were wrong. Still, it's not the sort of plan that simply knowing what it is helps prevent you from falling for it. though I guess I sort of ruined it, now, huh?

Again, in my mind you two are relatively tied together. I hope to get UD's flip to help decide with you. At this point, anyway.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2010, 10:09:47 PM »
72 hours is plenty of time to browse TVTropes, Silly Pesco.

Game time remaining is somewhere in the region of 40 hours.

Usually Dead

« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2010, 10:10:25 PM »
You know what? I've thought about this a bit, and it's just too much to bear.

I refuse to believe that UK's attacks on me were motivated by any degree of personal anger, even if that anger is inspired by my own inexperience. She thinks of herself as too professional for that.

UK, my first vote against you was just bullshit, just trying to stir the waters and get scum to expose itself. Much to my surprise, it worked.

##Unvote
##Vote UncertainKitten

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2010, 10:11:26 PM »
Couple of other rule clarifications 4 newbies I thought of while out getting my hair cut. No one has done these yet but I want to be sure I nip them in the bud.

- All story is pure flavor. For example, a character being in Rose Cross (Tia, Freudia, et al.) doesn't automatically make them town, and a character being in Black Cross (Pamela, Eifer, et al.) doesn't automatically make them scum. In addition, no hints will be present in anything I write, outside of flips (obviously) and any LYLO declarations (obviously).
- Do not quote private mod correspondence (e.g. role PMs) in the thread. This will get you removed from the game, no questions asked. Anything I say in the thread is fair game to be referenced, such as rules.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2010, 10:12:28 PM »
You know what? I've thought about this a bit, and it's just too much to bear.

I refuse to believe that UK's attacks on me were motivated by any degree of personal anger, even if that anger is inspired by my own inexperience. She thinks of herself as too professional for that.

UK, my first vote against you was just bullshit, just trying to stir the waters and get scum to expose itself. Much to my surprise, it worked.

##Unvote
##Vote UncertainKitten

See pretty much every other game I've been in as town. If you draw the same conclusion we'll talk ^-^.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2010, 10:13:42 PM »
Clarification to clarification >_>: Anyone is allowed to roleclaim, but they must paraphrase while doing so. No hitting Quote while reading the PM and pasting what you get in the thread.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2010, 10:14:46 PM »
Clarification to clarification >_>: Anyone is allowed to roleclaim, but they must paraphrase while doing so. No hitting Quote while reading the PM and pasting what you get in the thread.

Is anyone that stupid?

No wait, don't answer that :P

Chaore

« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2010, 10:15:02 PM »
Oh. OH. Now I get it. Derp.

Uhhh.... Huhm. As far as the scuffle goes, I think it may really just be UD that came out on top of it. Overall, I would still say its a bit early to make judgments. But I'm more uncertain than kitten.

So Scum: Undetermined.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2010, 10:16:40 PM »
As a further clarification on my last post, there's not as much personal anger so much as I honestly believe you to be scum for what you've been trying, and there's a level of frustration at someone who refuses to play the game. Which, fortunately, you have stepped off of and appear to be trying to play now. Still doesn't absolve your scumminess.

Uhhh.... Huhm. As far as the scuffle goes, I think it may really just be UD that came out on top of it. Overall, I would still say its a bit early to make judgments. But I'm more uncertain than kitten.

Well, apparently people here are more idealist about new players than I am. We still haven't had much of the town weigh in. Be interested to see what they decide ^-^.

Usually Dead

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2010, 10:17:19 PM »
UK: None of your prior games had me in them. I can't take them at face value.

And no, this is not because you're acting with any personal anger against me, but because I act in a way that surprises you. You've said as much yourself.

Chaore

« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2010, 10:18:24 PM »
I'm just bad at reading people, Pretty much.

I will say what UD did was pretty amazing for a new player, So I -have- to at least give him props.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2010, 10:19:03 PM »

And no, this is not because you're acting with any personal anger against me, but because I act in a way that surprises you. You've said as much yourself.

I go to all that trouble to keep UGW archives up to date. Go read them anyway.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2010, 10:19:10 PM »
Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game! Day 1 Vote Count:

Kanako (0): Pesco
Alice (2): Arashi, Nietz
Pesco (2): Edible, Chaore
UncertainKitten (1): Zakeri, UsuallyDead, UsuallyDead
Chaore (2): Pesco, Zakeri, UsuallyDead
UsuallyDead: (1): UncertainKitten

No vote cast: A whole bunch of people!

Bold indicates a vote currently in play.
Italics indicates a vote that was cast and then rescinded.

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. You have some large amount of time remaining.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2010, 10:20:52 PM »
I can't believe you all are buying that bullshit. You really think UD pulled off a "just as planned" here. REALLY!? Dear God I may want to leave now if you'll pass off scuminess like that as gambits.

Irritates me, and is scummy, yes ^-^.

Bullshit argument. Read the games or drop the point.

I also assert your first point is non germane. The one about me acting in personal anger against you. I mean, this just gets a "so?"

« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2010, 10:21:52 PM »
Again, in my mind you two are relatively tied together. I hope to get UD's flip to help decide with you. At this point, anyway.

In all fairness, this is utter bull since no matter what UD flips at this point, you can use to for "sufficient evidence" as to why I'm scum. I'm tempted to call this out as lining up town lynches.

Noted for further evaluation. I think it's time to wait for others to weight in now. I'll move my vote later as needed.

Usually Dead

« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2010, 10:22:57 PM »
UK: Rather I was saying DO expect you NOT to act in personal anger, and I was trying to prevent that you might misunderstand that I WAS saying that.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2010, 10:25:38 PM »
In all fairness, this is utter bull since no matter what UD flips at this point, you can use to for "sufficient evidence" as to why I'm scum. I'm tempted to call this out as lining up town lynches.

I can now? No, actually, at this point I think both of you are the same alignment. You still might be town if UD flips scum, and almost certainly are if UD flips town (which I doubt). I don't plan to use this as my only point in a case against you, should I need one. I'm merely committing to seeing you two as relatively tied together, and at this point would assume you were scum if UD were revealed as scum now.

UK: Rather I was saying DO expect you NOT to act in personal anger, and I was trying to prevent that you might misunderstand that I WAS saying that.

Oh, that's why I clarified. I understand what you mean. And you are wrong, but in this case, I'm not acting as if it's personal anger. I'm showing a frustration at you, and the other players handwaving you. So your point basically must be countered with "And how is this germane again? Why am I scummy if I supposedly don't engage in personal anger in mafia games?"