Author Topic: Patchy Quest Again: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 88897 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Patchy Quest Again: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #420 on: December 24, 2009, 05:23:31 PM »
> Try to spot a sun shard from your current position.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Toasty

« Reply #421 on: December 24, 2009, 06:41:33 PM »
>Time to stall yuuka!
>Apologize, to yuuka, make sure she hears, and tell her the heat was clouding your judgement.
>Tell her she was right all along.
>Flatter yuuka with complements
>Go into the rocket under the facade of taking a nap and contact yukari/work spell->Contact yukari.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #422 on: December 24, 2009, 06:42:55 PM »
>Time to stall yuuka!
>Apologize, to yuuka, make sure she hears, and tell her the heat was clouding your judgement.
>Go into the rocket under the facade of taking a nap and contact yukari/work spell->Contact yukari.
>Yuka is knocked out so disregard all of that
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Toasty

« Reply #423 on: December 24, 2009, 06:45:50 PM »
>Oh, yeah. Leave her a note then. Note body: "Dearest Yuuka Kazami; I am pleased to inform you that you are the pinnacle of youkai cuteness, surpassing my good friend Flandre Scarlet by far. Signed, Patchouli Knowledge."

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #424 on: December 24, 2009, 07:25:43 PM »
>Oh, yeah. Leave her a note then. Note body: "Dearest Yuuka Kazami; I am pleased to inform you that you are the pinnacle of youkai cuteness, surpassing my good friend Flandre Scarlet by far. Signed, Patchouli Knowledge."

> Remind self that we're lying through our teeth.

Toasty

« Reply #425 on: December 24, 2009, 07:39:34 PM »
>Not that there's anything wrong with that.
>Speed up that spell

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #426 on: December 24, 2009, 07:52:37 PM »
> Wonder which one of us will tire out first.
> Wonder why the Sun's so angry.

>Well, the sun's been shining as long as you remember...
>Chances are it involves things Yuka did to it, and possibly your treatment of Yuka. Or maybe's always been angry and no one noticed? It's not like you can look at it normally and tell.

> While on the ground, start working on the communication spell again

>Panic

>You are quite sufficiently panicked as is.
>Instead, you start trying to work that communication spell again, now that Yuka isn't trying to maul you anymore.

>Assuming that as long as you stay on the ground, the Sun won't MIMA-BODYSLAM you, work on the communication spell using Ran's Cap until you manage to make it work. I mean, if we can't talk the Sun back to normal, I really think we need Yukari for this  :V

>You also keep an eye out for Yukari.

> Try to spot a sun shard from your current position.

>Laying on the ground is not an excellent vantage point, but you don't notice any of them in the immediate area.

>Time to stall yuuka!

>Yuka is knocked out so disregard all of that

>Way to read words.

>You make a note to leave Yuka a note.

> Remind self that we're lying through our teeth.

>You are. Flandre is goddamned adorable.

>Not that there's anything wrong with that.
>Speed up that spell

>Aside from spreading disinformation. Do you want the people writing books doing that?
>You completely the spell! The earflaps on Ran's Cap twitch a little bit, as the Sun passes over you again.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #427 on: December 24, 2009, 07:59:58 PM »
>Tell Ran that you are Patchouli Knowledge and you have just knocked Yuka unconscious on the Sun, and you could really use Yukari's help to fix what Yuka did to the Sun.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #428 on: December 24, 2009, 08:02:11 PM »
> "Ran, can you hear me? This is Patchouli Knowledge, and I'm up on the sun.  It seems to be attempting to attack me for some reason, and I require Yukari's help immediately! I apologize for the suddenness and directness of this request, but it cannot be helped under these circumstances."

Fightest

« Reply #429 on: December 24, 2009, 08:06:39 PM »
> "Also, this is a very comfortable cap, and I commend you on your choice of headwear."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #430 on: December 24, 2009, 08:07:53 PM »
>Tell Ran that you are Patchouli Knowledge and you have just knocked Yuka unconscious on the Sun, and you could really use Yukari's help to fix what Yuka did to the Sun.

> "Ran, can you hear me? This is Patchouli Knowledge, and I'm up on the sun.  It seems to be attempting to attack me for some reason, and I require Yukari's help immediately! I apologize for the suddenness and directness of this request, but it cannot be helped under these circumstances."

> "Also, this is a very comfortable cap, and I commend you on your choice of headwear."

>You recieve a response: The hat goes: "GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #431 on: December 24, 2009, 08:10:06 PM »
>"Ahhh, don't worry Ran, you aren't crazy, I'm not a voice inside your head, I'm Patchouli Knowledge talking to you through your cap using a communication spell. I am in great need of Yukari's help at the moment, so if you could just tell her she is needed at the sun, I shall not have to disturb you any more."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #432 on: December 24, 2009, 08:17:33 PM »
>"Ahhh, don't worry Ran, you aren't crazy, I'm not a voice inside your head, I'm Patchouli Knowledge talking to you through your cap using a communication spell. I am in great need of Yukari's help at the moment, so if you could just tell her she is needed at the sun, I shall not have to disturb you any more."

>"Chen, Miss Yukari! We've got poltergeists in the-Huh?" says the Hat. "...Patchouli? What's this all about? Did you say the sun?"
>You can hear Chen's voice, a bit distant, say, "I'll catch that ghost!"

>_

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #433 on: December 24, 2009, 08:26:05 PM »
> "Yes, the sun. Yuka did something to it, which caused the heatwave that Gensokyo is currently experiencing. It has currently gone berserk, and is attacking me. Would you kindly get Yukari up here before Yuka wakes up again and I have to deal with her as well? I barely managed to survive the battle with her alone."

Toasty

« Reply #434 on: December 24, 2009, 08:28:19 PM »
>"Did i mention yuuka has chen pronz?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #435 on: December 24, 2009, 08:28:26 PM »
>If you can do so without disrupting the communication spell or endangering yourself, crawl around looking for a Sun Shard while talking to Ran.
>Also, if you see any of the Legos we threw at Yuka, pick them up as well. We still want to give them to Flandre!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 08:33:19 PM by NeoSerela »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #436 on: December 24, 2009, 08:36:43 PM »
> "Yes, the sun. Yuka did something to it, which caused the heatwave that Gensokyo is currently experiencing. It has currently gone berserk, and is attacking me. Would you kindly get Yukari up here before Yuka wakes up again and I have to deal with her as well? I barely managed to survive the battle with her alone."

>"What, you're at the Sun? With Yuka?" says Ran. There is a crashing sound. "Chen! Stop that! Um, let me just tell Miss Yukari, then..."

>"Did i mention yuuka has chen pronz?"

>It doesn't seem like Ran heard that. It may be for the better. You do hear another crash, though, and a distant shout of "Chen! Put those pots away!"

>If you can do so without disrupting the communication spell or endangering yourself, crawl around looking for a Sun Shard while talking to Ran.
>Also, if you see any of the Legos we threw at Yuka, pick them up as well. We still want to give them to Flandre!

>You crawl on the ground, looking for a Sun Shard or cast off legos. You are able to gather a couple of the latter, when you notice the sun isn't swooping down upon you anymore. Instead, it is hovering overhead, glaring down at you.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #437 on: December 24, 2009, 08:39:13 PM »
> Glare back up, defiantly.
> Ignore pain from looking at the Sun directly, we're too badass at the moment to be fazed by that.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #438 on: December 24, 2009, 08:40:29 PM »
>Assess if the Sun is still trying to kill you. If not, get up and continue the search with the aid of being able to stand and walk. Continue to be wary of the Sun however, and ready to dodge if it goes after you again.
>Put on the cap so you may listen to whatever is happening where Ran is while you search

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #439 on: December 24, 2009, 08:47:13 PM »
>ask the sun if it thinks Bowser is hot
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #440 on: December 24, 2009, 08:48:35 PM »
> Glare back up, defiantly.
> Ignore pain from looking at the Sun directly, we're too badass at the moment to be fazed by that.

>Thankfully, you are a wearing a Pair of Black Glasses, so you can glare at the sun with minimal discomfort. You give it as much of a glaring as you can with your eyes obscured and being fairly beaten up.

>Assess if the Sun is still trying to kill you. If not, get up and continue the search with the aid of being able to stand and walk. Continue to be wary of the Sun however, and ready to dodge if it goes after you again.
>Put on the cap so you may listen to whatever is happening where Ran is while you search

>You stand up. This prove to be a smart idea, as it allows you to jump aside when the Sun sends a flare of solar energy flying at you! You just barely manage to dodge it!
>You pull Ran's cap over your own. You mostly hear the distant sound of pots banging together, Chen shouting, "Go away, ghosts!" and Ran shouting, "Chen! Stop that! I'm trying to talk with Miss Yuakri!

>ask the sun if it thinks Bowser is hot

>Its answer seems to be launching another solar flare at you.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #441 on: December 24, 2009, 08:50:35 PM »
> What spellcards do we have remaining?
> Any that could be used as shields?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #442 on: December 24, 2009, 08:52:03 PM »
>Wonder if fighting the Sun would bad a good or bad idea.
>If its a good idea, ponder whether Earth Signs, Metal Signs, or Water Elf would be best for the task.
>AND KEEP DODGING

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #443 on: December 24, 2009, 08:59:24 PM »
> What spellcards do we have remaining?
> Any that could be used as shields?

>Metal Sign: Metal Fatigue
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon (Half-Expended)
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon High Level
>Earth Sign: Trilithon Shake
>Metal Sign: Silver Dragon
>Wood and Water Sign: Water Elf
>You did use Emerald Megalith a little while ago to make a barrier, it is still up, but you left it behind some time ago while fighting Yuka.

>Wonder if fighting the Sun would bad a good or bad idea.
>If its a good idea, ponder whether Earth Signs, Metal Signs, or Water Elf would be best for the task.
>AND KEEP DODGING

>You've never really contemplated the ramifications of fighting the sun. Does it heal? You don't know.
>If you recall what you read correctly, stars have iron in them; but they aren't in a metallic state so you don't know if your metal signs would do anything. Water Elf might do something. You have no idea if the Sun would react to blunt trauma. You do recall it didn't like Silent Selene when it first came for you, though.
>You keep moving, the flare impacts a few feet from you!

>_

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #444 on: December 24, 2009, 09:01:10 PM »
>Moon power! Where are the lunarians when ya really need them.
>Curse yourself for not having more moon sign cards.
>Dodge.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #445 on: December 24, 2009, 09:03:13 PM »
>Tell Ran the Sun is now shooting flares of solar energy at you, so if he could get to Yukari soon, it would really help...
>Declare Water Elf at the Sun

[EDIT]I meant she! SHE!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 09:04:49 PM by NeoSerela »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #446 on: December 24, 2009, 09:03:43 PM »
>Tell Ran the Sun is now shooting flares of solar energy at you, so if she could get to Yukari soon, it would really help...
>Declare Water Elf at the Sun
>Fixed.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #447 on: December 24, 2009, 09:04:37 PM »
> Ponder if it might be possible to make some quick modifications to Metal Fatigue so that you could be truly sure that it would affect the metal in the sun
> If not possible, or puts you into too much risk, use Metal Fatigue as-is

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #448 on: December 24, 2009, 09:05:14 PM »
> Continue search for sun shard.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #449 on: December 24, 2009, 09:05:18 PM »
>Fixed.
asdlkfjasldg why do I always think of Ran as he, her and Mokou and Wriggle D: