Author Topic: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 88458 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2009, 09:16:04 AM »
>"You may not need approval, but it is better to be on friendly terms so that they don't try to interfere - or maybe even help. But I suppose that's not the issue."
>Idea: Ask Alice for a few 'escaped' dolls to bring to Medicine for her to start her dollian utopia with, either producing independent dolls for Alice to gush over or helping her realize her particular uniqueness
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2009, 09:35:09 AM »
> Let her try the Faerie Style Hot Sauce

>Medicine takes it and takes a small drink of the sauce. "Wow..." she says, "That is kinda hot," she says. She smacks her lips a few times. "Hey. Is this made with nightshade? Yeah! This is made from a kind of nightshade! That's awesome! Got any more?"

>"You may not need approval, but it is better to be on friendly terms so that they don't try to interfere - or maybe even help. But I suppose that's not the issue."
>Idea: Ask Alice for a few 'escaped' dolls to bring to Medicine for her to start her dollian utopia with, either producing independent dolls for Alice to gush over or helping her realize her particular uniqueness

>"They had their chance to be on friendly terms," says Medicine as she hands back your Bottle of Faerie-Style Hot Sauce. "You can't really be all that friendly with the people oppressing you, anyways."
>You wonder what Alice would think of such a plan?

>_

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2009, 09:38:24 AM »
> Offer to trade Secret Hat for Faerie Style Hot Sauce.
> If not enough, throw Silk Rose in to the deal.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2009, 09:43:08 AM »
> Offer to trade Secret Hat for Faerie Style Hot Sauce.
> If not enough, throw Silk Rose in to the deal.

>She ponders. "Umm...maybe for two bottles. I'll let you keep the rose if the second one's really good!"

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2009, 09:53:17 AM »
> Offer all three remaining bottles and let her choose from there.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2009, 10:10:30 AM »
>if/when trade is successful, salute poisondoll and head off to Byakuren's Tentple

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2009, 10:22:12 AM »
> Offer all three remaining bottles and let her choose from there.

>"Wow, you have a lot of these. People must really like drinking nightshade... Um, I'll take this one, it looks most poisonous!" She selects the Bottle of This Sauce Will Kill You For Reals.
>You obtain: Secret Hat.

>if/when trade is successful, salute poisondoll and head off to Byakuren's Tentple

>You salute Medicine and head south.
>You are on the outskirts of town. To the North, you can see barren fields, their crops having been harvested for the year. There are a few nondescript houses here and a well. On the western side of the road is an empty field. A large tent has been pitched in the middle of it, and the sign in front that says, "Spiritual Advice." Obvious exits are north, south, and west.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2009, 10:24:49 AM »
> Enter tent, look around.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2009, 10:47:53 AM »
> Enter tent, look around.

>You enter the tent!
>The tent is not very large, about a hundred square feet at most. The smell of incense hangs in the air; opposite of the entryway is a low table with a little clay statue of a fat smiling Buddha, flanked by two pieces of white silk. But you can barely see this with Byakuren in the way. You used to think Marisa was huge, but you've yet to meet a person who can sit on the ground and still be eye to eye with you. A couple of small braziers give light to the tent. Obvious exits are East.
>"Good day," says Byakuren with a warm smile.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2009, 10:50:32 AM »
>evaluate Byakuren's Abs
>"Hello. I've heard that you've been looking into building a temple?"
>seriously is there no one else here?

Fightest

« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2009, 11:12:45 AM »
> "How should I handle a conflict with a maid who's out to get me?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2009, 11:23:38 AM »
>evaluate Byakuren's Abs
>"Hello. I've heard that you've been looking into building a temple?"
>seriously is there no one else here?

>Not shabby, but hardly extraordinary. Not even in the same game as Marisa, let alone the same league.
>"Yes, I have," says Byakuren. "I've some of my friends working on the problem in their freetime. Has there been some kind of problem?
>It's not a huge tent. The two of you have it to yourselves.

> "How should I handle a conflict with a maid who's out to get me?"

>"Conflict is a ultimately a result of unnecessary attachment to things," says Byakuren. "Try to talk with this maid and find out why she is out to get you. Then find the attachment that is bringing your conflict, and remove yourself from it."

>_

Fightest

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2009, 01:25:10 PM »
> "But the maid will be sarcastic and unhelpful about it, as well as in the process of trying to get me. How can I guarantee my own safety in such a situation?"

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2009, 05:05:37 PM »
> Check Byakuren's catness rating

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2009, 05:23:48 PM »
> "But the maid will be sarcastic and unhelpful about it, as well as in the process of trying to get me. How can I guarantee my own safety in such a situation?"

>"Those are mostly just attempts to dehumanize you, I think," says Byakuren. "It makes it easier to distance oneself from when you can show contempt like that. You'll have to find a way to deal with it. Just don't indulge in it yourself, or perhaps get her into a situation where such things are unwise. But in the end, she will have to want to make amends with you, as well."

>Byakuren's catness rating is 20/96.

>_
> Check Byakuren's catness rating

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »
> Inquire as to Nazrin's whereabouts.  Try to keep murder out of your voice...but not very hard.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2009, 05:31:06 PM »
>Ask Byakuren about Jeff K Anon, our components list, secret things, and memory restoring spells.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2009, 05:50:27 PM »
> Inquire as to Nazrin's whereabouts.  Try to keep murder out of your voice...but not very hard.

>Byakuren sighs. "What did she do this time?"

>Ask Byakuren about Jeff K Anon, our components list, secret things, and memory restoring spells.

>"I've never heard of that person. Sorry, I've been rather of out touch until recently."
>She looks over your component list. "This Eighth Force, what is it?"
>"I think Wriggle might have had a Secret Item. She was hanging out around here earlier."
>"I've never gotten involved in that kind of thing. It's little too shady. Whatever would you need it for?"

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2009, 06:13:44 PM »
>"There's been a rash of amnesia going around regarding Jeff K Anon and I'm trying to solve it, but I don't know how" mukyu~ "The Eighth force...well, from what I told it's a color or something. And...ah...about Wriggle she...doesn't like me much right now. Do you know anyone else with Secret items?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2009, 06:24:17 PM »
>"There's been a rash of amnesia going around regarding Jeff K Anon and I'm trying to solve it, but I don't know how" mukyu~ "The Eighth force...well, from what I told it's a color or something. And...ah...about Wriggle she...doesn't like me much right now. Do you know anyone else with Secret items?"

>"Amnesia? Who has amnesia, exactly?"
>You Mukyu. Byakuren giggles as though you just told a joke.
>"I thought so. I encountered something like in Hokkai. Its...something you find in places where there are no shadows. We used to call it Shankar Light in my day, it was a theoretical sort of existence. I really wouldn't recommend going there to find it, though. Not until you've exhausted every other possibility.
>"That's all I've heard. I don't get too many visitors right now."

>_

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2009, 06:28:06 PM »
>Ask for a ride on the ship to Hokkai.
>If not, resort to bribery.

The five magic rolling stones

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2009, 06:44:23 PM »
>Ask for a ride on the ship to Hokkai.
>If not, resort to bribery.

>Byakuren shakes her head. "It's being used as a granary at moment, so it's too weighed down to fly."

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2009, 08:30:50 PM »
>"It's a very selective amnesia. And not even that precisely. The name is familiar to several people. Actually, people I expected it to be familiar to, but they can't remember precisely who he was. Further, Suwako says that it feels like someone like that prayed to her but she doesn't remember that much about him. I suspect something weird and I'd like to uncover his trail again by following what appears to be a rather barren path, at least in terms of memories of him"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2009, 08:40:24 PM »
>"It's a very selective amnesia. And not even that precisely. The name is familiar to several people. Actually, people I expected it to be familiar to, but they can't remember precisely who he was. Further, Suwako says that it feels like someone like that prayed to her but she doesn't remember that much about him. I suspect something weird and I'd like to uncover his trail again by following what appears to be a rather barren path, at least in terms of memories of him"

>Byakuren nods, then folds her hands and leans back a little, closing her eyes and obviously pondering. Then after a moment, she says, "I suppose this raises a question. Why do you remember when no one else does?"

>_

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2009, 08:52:42 PM »
>THE ONLY ANSWER IS SL-Wait no lemme try that again.
>"I can't tell you, The fourth wall is in the way."

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2009, 09:14:23 PM »

>"Wait, nevermind, I just broke it. Alright, my theory is that either I'm supposed to be the only one that ever remembers him as some sort of sidequest, or it's just a dialogue option that isn't supposed to lead to anything."
> Blink
> "Wait, what was I saying? I swear, Yukari must have done something to me, I'm going insane..."

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2009, 09:22:25 PM »
>"Umu...magic. Yes...magic. Ok, I have no idea."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2009, 10:14:13 PM »
>THE ONLY ANSWER IS SL-Wait no lemme try that again.

>"Wait, nevermind, I just broke it. Alright, my theory is that either I'm supposed to be the only one that ever remembers him as some sort of sidequest, or it's just a dialogue option that isn't supposed to lead to anything."
> Blink
> "Wait, what was I saying? I swear, Yukari must have done something to me, I'm going insane..."

>You disappoint me.

>"u?...magic. Yes...magic. Ok, I have no idea."

>"Well, I suppose that is as good as an explanation as we can expect for now. But, do keep it in mind, it does seem to be the particularly strange part."

>_

>_

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2009, 10:52:33 PM »
>Ask Byakuren for hot sauce.
>Ponder if you can use Banson's Aria to help talk with Lunasa.
>Check current quests.
>Ask Byakuren for a world map, or at least a Gensokyo Map, so we can mark down where things are.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2009, 10:57:00 PM »
>Ask Byakuren for hot sauce.
>Ponder if you can use Banson's Aria to help talk with Lunasa.
>Check current quests.
>Ask Byakuren for a world map, or at least a Gensokyo Map, so we can mark down where things are.

>Byakuren shakes her head. "I don't have any, I'm afraid."
>It might. Who knows how that poltergeist ticks?
>Your current quests are:
>Destroy All Humidity
>Eight Force
>Secret Collect!
>Where the Keine?
>Where in the World are the Aki Sisters?
>Get Rid of That Stupid Tattoo
>Flandre's Present.
>Prismriver Blues
>Making Amends
>Byakuren shrugs and shows her empty hands. "I don't have one, unfortunately. To be honest, I get lost pretty easily these days. Everything's changed so much."

>_