Author Topic: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 87647 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #930 on: December 19, 2009, 06:29:46 AM »
>"A few seconds for the wording. Today has been strange."
>"The short version is that he was erased from history. Keine was with me, if you'd like her word backing me up. And I have the remains of his hat here somewhere..."
>"But I understand if you'd rather I left. It's not worth my neck. Mention it to Yuyuko for me, perhaps?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #931 on: December 19, 2009, 06:46:06 AM »
>"A few seconds for the wording. Today has been strange."
>"The short version is that he was erased from history. Keine was with me, if you'd like her word backing me up. And I have the remains of his hat here somewhere..."
>"But I understand if you'd rather I left. It's not worth my neck. Mention it to Yuyuko for me, perhaps?"

>Youmu frowns, a change from her previous thin-lipped scowl, and seems genuinely confused if your Sakuya-reading skills have taunt you anything. "Wait here," she says. "I'll mention this to Lady Yuyuko. Wander off, or I shall be very cross."
>And with that, she leaves.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #932 on: December 19, 2009, 06:47:04 AM »
>sit down and wait
>ponder why Youmu said "or" when she clearly meant "and"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #933 on: December 19, 2009, 07:18:52 AM »
>sit down and wait
>ponder why Youmu said "or" when she clearly meant "and"

>You sit down and wait.
>Maybe she's under a lot of stress? From what you hear, Sakuya has a positively charmed life in comparison to Youmu.
>Time passes. You are really starting to wish you brought a book.
>You glance out over the sea of trees for awhile to kill some time. It makes you wonder if there are much in the way of empty fields here, or if it is all one big forest.
>Then you catch sight of something in the trees; it is a Secret Pipe! Somehow it has gotten stuck in the branches. But you would have to descend and go the long way around to fetch it yourself...

>_

« Reply #934 on: December 19, 2009, 07:39:17 AM »
> Send Hourai after the Secret Pipe.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #935 on: December 19, 2009, 08:15:53 AM »
> Send Hourai after the Secret Pipe.

>It would be pretty embarrassing if you forgot Hourai was about.
>You sent Hourai off after the pipe. She vanishes into below the stairs, and out of sight.
>Moments later, Youmu returns, look particularly somber. "Lady Yuyuko has asked that you join her for a late lunch," she says.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #936 on: December 19, 2009, 08:20:38 AM »
>"Thank you, Youmu. Ah, and I sent Hourai off on a small errand. Please don't be alarmed if she stops by again."
>head in for chow

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #937 on: December 19, 2009, 08:49:14 AM »
>"Thank you, Youmu. Ah, and I sent Hourai off on a small errand. Please don't be alarmed if she stops by again."
>head in for chow

>"As long as she's not doing anything untoward," says Youmu as she leads you inside.
>You quickly lose track of the halls and galleries that Youmu guides you through, but you can see there is art and decorations enough to easily rival that of Scarlet Devil Mansion. No wonder that Youmu is so defensive about people just dropping in. After a few moments, you are led into a large dining room.
>The dining room has a long table, easily enough to seat dozens of guests. Numerous lanterns from from the ceiling in elaborate arrays, while the paper wall panels feature scenes of a tiger hunt. Yuyuko is seated upon an elaborate array of cushions. A place is set to her right; both of them feature sizable bowls of rice with large chucks of beef and vegetables.
>"I am sorry the fare is so simple," says Yuyuko. "I was not expecting a guest. Please, have a seat and tell me everything. From what Youmu told me, you have quite a handful."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #938 on: December 19, 2009, 08:56:11 AM »
> Explain Jeff K. Anon situation

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #939 on: December 19, 2009, 09:03:43 AM »
> Feel a sudden pang of guilt about upsetting Remilia.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #940 on: December 19, 2009, 09:06:04 AM »

> Attempt to keep worsening of your guilt from interfering with explanation and conversation.
> Roll a d20 for a will save to see if successful
> Wonder where these dice came from and why you're tossing them

(Why yes, I'm currently thinking about D&D, why? :V )

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #941 on: December 19, 2009, 04:00:41 PM »
> Eat some of the food, best to no upset Yuyuko by not eating what she prepared for us.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #942 on: December 19, 2009, 07:00:33 PM »
> Explain Jeff K. Anon situation

>You explain the situation of Jeff and his nonexistence issues. Yuyuko nods while enjoying her meal. "What a curious thing," she comments.

>Ah dammit. How the hell can an ancient terror do that so well?

> Attempt to keep worsening of your guilt from interfering with explanation and conversation.
> Roll a d20 for a will save to see if successful
> Wonder where these dice came from and why you're tossing them

>What is this dice shit? This is a text adventure! There ain't no kind of dice in this! This is about brains and wit! None of that lucking into shit. This is why Remilia told you not to start drinking!

> Eat some of the food, best to no upset Yuyuko by not eating what she prepared for us.

>Oh man, that beefy is spicy! But the rice absorbs and cuts the burn from painful to rather nice. No wonder Youmu is so strict about guarding this place.

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #943 on: December 19, 2009, 07:04:21 PM »
>Compliment the relevant chef on her cooking.
>Ask Yuyuko if anything can be done to allow Jeff to pass on.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #944 on: December 19, 2009, 07:16:57 PM »
>Compliment the relevant chef on her cooking.
>Ask Yuyuko if anything can be done to allow Jeff to pass on.

>"Youmu really pours her heart into it, don't you think?" she says with a smile.
>"Why, it sounds like he's completely out of luck! If he is indeed fated to remain, I don't think there's much any of us can do for him with things in that sort of state."

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #945 on: December 19, 2009, 07:20:26 PM »
>But...I'd really like to help him, either to move on or to return to existence :S. Do...you think I should perhaps ask Yukari?
>shudder at the thought

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #946 on: December 19, 2009, 07:20:40 PM »
> "You said 'not much', are you implying that there may be something that can be done?  Since all he can do now is aimlessly roam Gensokyo, I believe any kind of spiritual permanence, even if it isn't gaining a soul, would be better for him.  After all, he really doesn't belong among the living."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #947 on: December 19, 2009, 07:46:46 PM »
>But...I'd really like to help him, either to move on or to return to existence :S. Do...you think I should perhaps ask Yukari?
>shudder at the thought

> "You said 'not much', are you implying that there may be something that can be done?  Since all he can do now is aimlessly roam Gensokyo, I believe any kind of spiritual permanence, even if it isn't gaining a soul, would be better for him.  After all, he really doesn't belong among the living."

>You make your statements, and shudder.
>"You're a step and a half ahead of me. Good for you! There may be something we can do. We really are playing with things that most people don't mess with, but that's really all in a day's work for a witch, isn't it? If you could tell Yukari about this, it would save me a lot of time. We'll have to prepare a few things. But, I think I can envision a way that either possibility may come to pass."

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #948 on: December 19, 2009, 07:59:30 PM »
>Alright. Do...you have any advice on how to approach Yukari without being for dinner?
>Do you know what we need to prepare or do I need to talk to Yukari
>Speaking of messing with things, while I'm here, may I ask you for help on a couple things? I'm looking for components for an anti-humidity spell (show her the list). Also...someone I know has been looking for secret items, do you know of any or anyone who has any?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #949 on: December 19, 2009, 08:11:50 PM »
>Alright. Do...you have any advice on how to approach Yukari without being for dinner?
>Do you know what we need to prepare or do I need to talk to Yukari
>Speaking of messing with things, while I'm here, may I ask you for help on a couple things? I'm looking for components for an anti-humidity spell (show her the list). Also...someone I know has been looking for secret items, do you know of any or anyone who has any?

>"Oh, as long as you don't irk her friends, Yukari is sweet as a biscuit," says Yuyuko. "Just make sure she isn't busy. Oh...it might be a problem if she's asleep for the winter. Ask Ran about that."
>You show Yuyuko the list, and ask about secret items. "Oh, I don't know much of anything about that. Although if I were interested in anything bamboo, I would go right back to the Bamboo Forest. Did you know there's a lovely little stand along the way that sells grilled lamprey? I recommend it."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #950 on: December 19, 2009, 08:13:14 PM »
> If we have to meet with Yukari, we have got to get this tattoo removed beforehand.  She is the absolute last person that needs to know, but the most likely to find out about it.
> "I know that you're friends with Yukari, so do you think you could introduce us to her?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #951 on: December 19, 2009, 08:49:52 PM »
> If we have to meet with Yukari, we have got to get this tattoo removed beforehand.  She is the absolute last person that needs to know, but the most likely to find out about it.
> "I know that you're friends with Yukari, so do you think you could introduce us to her?"

>"I suppose I could give you a letter," she says. "But what fun is that?"

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #952 on: December 19, 2009, 10:27:55 PM »
>"Not much fun, I'll grant, but much safer. Still, I understand that isn't your style - nor Yukari's. Hmm. Well, assuming her mischief isn't fatal, maybe you could send Youmu over after a few days to see what happened, and maybe bail me out if necessary? Assuming I don't come back to report beforehand, of course."
>"And yes, I have met with Mystia. The eels are quite good. I don't think I ever finished that sandwich she gave me..."
>"... ah, and a lesser matter. There's a rattling box I got from Korindou that I suspect is haunted. I keep losing it, though, but then it shows up again. Very strange. Hold on, is it AWOL right now?"
>take out Rattling Box, if available

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #953 on: December 19, 2009, 10:44:50 PM »
>"Not much fun, I'll grant, but much safer. Still, I understand that isn't your style - nor Yukari's. Hmm. Well, assuming her mischief isn't fatal, maybe you could send Youmu over after a few days to see what happened, and maybe bail me out if necessary? Assuming I don't come back to report beforehand, of course."
>"And yes, I have met with Mystia. The eels are quite good. I don't think I ever finished that sandwich she gave me..."
>"... ah, and a lesser matter. There's a rattling box I got from Korindou that I suspect is haunted. I keep losing it, though, but then it shows up again. Very strange. Hold on, is it AWOL right now?"
>take out Rattling Box, if available

>"Oh, that won't be a problem. But yes, I'll send Youmu to check up on you if you don't show up by tomorrow."
>You present Yuyuko with the Rattling Box. She opens it, and shakes her head. "Oh there you are! I swear, you get yourself into the strangest scenarios. Honestly, you are never going to reincarnate properly if you keep this up!"
>She snaps her fingers, and a ghost rises up from the box, and quietly floats away.
>Yuyuko hands you the box back. "Such a mischievous little thing, you don't you agree? It was very nice of you to bring that box to me, though." She presses something into your hands. "Here, accept this."
>You Obtain: Box
>You Obtain: Butterfly Fan

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #954 on: December 19, 2009, 10:54:09 PM »
>laugh softly
>"Thank you very much, then. In fact, I expect this fan would be enough of an introduction if I needed it, so that solves a lot of problems, doesn't it?"
>"Ah, I do have one item that belonged to the spirit I'm trying to help, though."
>present Ruined Hat
>"Do you sense anything unusual about it? And would it be more useful for your preparations here, or to show to Yukari?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #955 on: December 19, 2009, 11:00:24 PM »
> Check if Hourai is back yet.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #956 on: December 19, 2009, 11:28:48 PM »
>laugh softly
>"Thank you very much, then. In fact, I expect this fan would be enough of an introduction if I needed it, so that solves a lot of problems, doesn't it?"
>"Ah, I do have one item that belonged to the spirit I'm trying to help, though."
>present Ruined Hat
>"Do you sense anything unusual about it? And would it be more useful for your preparations here, or to show to Yukari?"

>"Oh, does it?" She says.
>You present the Ruined Hat to Yuyuko. She takes it, and turns it over in her hands. "Oh my," she says. "You could pass this off as the Buddha's. I can't feel who this belonged to at all, even though there are certainly some of his traces. If you hadn't claimed to have spoken with him, I would most certainly say he has achieved Nirvana. Yukari might like to see it, just as a curiosity."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #957 on: December 19, 2009, 11:41:07 PM »
>"Nirvana? That's an interesting reversal. Now I'm tempted to ask the Yama about it, too. But that may be too much of a detour."
>"The spirit also claimed to be following me around, but couldn't enter Hakugyokuro on his own. He may be waiting at the border, for all I know, since I'm guessing you haven't seen him here."
>inventory

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #958 on: December 19, 2009, 11:43:38 PM »
> Check if Hourai is back yet.

>No she is not. And this is an easy place to get lost in.

>"Nirvana? That's an interesting reversal. Now I'm tempted to ask the Yama about it, too. But that may be too much of a detour."
>"The spirit also claimed to be following me around, but couldn't enter Hakugyokuro on his own. He may be waiting at the border, for all I know, since I'm guessing you haven't seen him here."
>inventory

>"Well, I certainly don't see anyone with you," says Yuyuko.
>Your Inventory contains:
>Suspiciously Sleepwear-Like Witch Gown (worn as clothes)
>Witch Cap (Worn as Hat)
>Metal Sign: Metal Fatigue (Used)
>List of Anti-Humidity Spell components.
>Ballpoint Pen
>Pad of Paper
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon (Used)
>Fire & Earth Sign: Lava Cromlech
>Blessing of the Great Destructor
>Fire Sign: Agni Shine (Used)
>Fire Sign: Agni Shine High Level
>Wood Sign: Sylphae Horn High Level (Used)
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon High Level
>Water Sign: Bury in Lake (Destroyed)
>Earth Sign: Trilithon Shake (Used)
>Metal Sign: Silver Dragon
>Wood and Fire Sign: Forest Blaze
>Wood and Water Sign: Water Elf (Used)
>Earth and Metal Sign: Emerald Megalith
>Moon Sign: Silent Selene (Used)
>9 ☼
>Lucky Coin
>Banson's Aria
>AOL Disk with a Cardboard Sleeve
>Ladle
>Floating Trumpet
>Half of a Grilled Lamprey Sandwich
>Tiger Cub Pin (wore as accessory)
>Ran's Cap
>Explosion Sign: Mega Flare (Used)
>Flywheel Parts List
>Sparkling Prism
>Electric Train Set
>Wheel
>Secret Glass
>Shoddy Drawing
>Secret Vest
>Ruined Hat
>Doughnut
>Vial of Tritium
>Box
>Butterfly Fan

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #959 on: December 19, 2009, 11:55:22 PM »
> Thank Yuyuko for her services.
> Bid Yuyuko farewell.
> Find Hourai and head for the village.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.