Author Topic: Numbers Mafia - Scum Win, Q.E.D.  (Read 39284 times)

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
Re: Numbers Mafia - Int day = 1;
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2009, 03:08:18 PM »
Other than that, I can't point out anyone because you're being perfect bus material too.

So then by voting me you're automatically scummy?  :3

If I'm looking at that vote count right, the first two votes were placed on me as joke votes.  The third one was a serious vote.  Yours was the fourth which pretty much put me on the line.  In that way you get to get the deciding factor of me dying since rarely do people ever get down from L-1, however, you're not also spontaneously knocking me off, which that problem would fall on the hammerer.  To put it quite bluntly, you're a really nice position of not needing to begin the process or end it.  Good to meet you scum buddy.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2009, 03:15:21 PM »
Hey look a strawman!

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2009, 03:16:47 PM »
Hey look a strawman!

lol, we should lynch him for being stoopid.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2009, 03:18:01 PM »
Follow the yellow brick road~

Just hammer. Ramus isn't a team player as we've already known.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2009, 03:23:40 PM »
Follow the yellow brick road~

Just hammer. Ramus isn't a team player as we've already known.
Are you really using ad hominem for something that happened outside of this game or any other Mafia game?  Seems kinda hypocritical.  Besides, I've been saying that one for a while.  Good luck finding someone who will lynch.  Regardless, Pesco, I am serious about the voting position.  You're at a really nice spot on the list.

And, before I die, I'd like to hear something from Zakeri, like why he failed to give sufficient reason to keep his vote on me.  Pesco at least has some reason behind his (regardless of me agreeing with him or not).

*Yawns*

Waiting for the lynch.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2009, 03:37:45 PM »

And, before I die, I'd like to hear something from Zakeri, like why he failed to give sufficient reason to keep his vote on me.  Pesco at least has some reason behind his (regardless of me agreeing with him or not).

*Yawns*

Waiting for the lynch.

A little contradictory. 23 minutes gaiz.

You're an hour off.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 03:40:39 PM by Roukanken »

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2009, 04:04:51 PM »
A little contradictory. 23 minutes gaiz.

You're an hour off.

No I'm not. I quite plainly said I would be hammering at noon.

I'm 5 minutes off now, but still

##Unvote, vote Ramus

Please show me where I said I'd hammer at deadline?

Last I checked, deadline was noon at GMT-5. I don't remember your timezone. >_>
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 04:08:31 PM by Roukanken »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2009, 04:08:41 PM »
HAMMER SHUT UP.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Numbers Mafia - Int night = 1;
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2009, 04:17:42 PM »
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int players[9];

int main() {
get (Final_Vote_Count);
/* Sol:  (Pesco)
Pesco: (Serpentarius, UncertainKitten)
Ramus: V (Ramus, Nietz, Affinity, Zakeri, Pesco, UncertainKitten)
Zakeri: I (Nietz, Ramus)
Serpentarius:  (Zakeri)
Nietz: I (Ramus, Sol, Serpentarius) */

int lynched_player = player_with_majority; //lynched player = 9
player[lynched_player] = 0;

cout << "Ramus was wiped off the chalkboard! << endl;
cout << "He was vanilla Town.";

int night = 1;

int Time_For_PRs_To_Send_In_Actions = 24;

}

tl;dr - Keri never passed me the role PMs so I don't know the particulars of Ramus's role. I know for a fact though that he was vanilla. >_>

N1 starts now.

Spoiler:
And yes, the code is only semi-genuine.

Keri>I knew I slipped on something... Oh well, gonna get you the pack once I get home. I'm in uni at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 04:45:51 PM by Kerigis »

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2009, 04:31:23 PM »
Time for bah post...

I'm i.  I'm imaginary and was never really here to begin with.  I'm just a figment of your mind.  Other than that, I'm just vanilla.

Anyway, sorry for what I did wrong.  I forgot just how votes and mistakes tend to snowball in this game.  More so, I'm remembering why I really don't like Mafia, things go wrong and intentions get lost somewhere along the line.  However Roukanken seems to be able to make games start, he does it better than me, and I'm not really sure why.  Regardless, now you can point at me and say, at least I don't do as bad as him instead of Roukanken.  I think I deserve.  ...and yet I feel that any apology I make tends to come across as sarcasm or an insult over the internet.  I just need time to think.  Again, sorry.

I'm probably too idealistic for this game.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »
A warning in advance. I probably won't be around during the phase change tomorrow, so I may move it a few hours ahead if Keri's fine with it and I get all the actions early.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2009, 11:30:01 PM »
Argh Ramus, it's not as if we really have any ill-intentions towards you; it's just a game.  But not following what is agreed here to be the playstyle of choice makes it very hard to play with you, I guess.

And aww, I messed up.  Sorry Rou.  Have always thought that it was only one addition.  I failed maths, duh, darn.  And my failure affected the game in someway, but oh well.  >_>

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2009, 12:54:31 AM »
Argh Ramus, it's not as if we really have any ill-intentions towards you; it's just a game.  But not following what is agreed here to be the playstyle of choice makes it very hard to play with you, I guess.

Nah, the reason I'm dead here is not because of play style but a blatant anti-town move.  As in I deserve to die for it.  Regardless, I don't think we're allowed to be posting right now.

Also, I forgot to include in my last post, GO TOWN SCUM!  I put my faith into them right now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 08:36:46 PM by Ramus Killjoy »

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2009, 03:26:16 PM »
Okay, students, listen up. Today we'll lea-
*Looks at the board
Hey, I'm pretty sure I had EIGHT numbers here when I left the class. Why is there only SEVEN of them now?
Tch, fine. I'll deal with seven of them for now. We'll miss that other one, you wicked students.
...Wha? Nobody was here? You don't mean the numbers did it, right?
In any case, this doesn't mean you'll avoid your homework.
*Crowd "Awws" are heard
Damn, I hope we don't lose more numbers...
*knocks board with ruler
Alright, our next lesson is....
----

Sol got divided by 0! He was number 34, vanilla town, and a pervert number as well.

It is now Day 2. Let's get it on!
With 7 people left, 4 votes are required for a lynch!
The new deadline will be on Sunday, November 1, 1PM GMT -5 (Yeah, I'll give you an extra hour, just to be more comfortable for everyone.)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 09:04:56 PM by Kerigis »

Powerup punchin'!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
Re: Numbers Mafia - Int Day = 2;
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2009, 04:22:09 PM »
Sdrake, give us a full account of what you've been up to lately. Like what went down in the last 72 hours.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2009, 04:53:47 PM »
I'll be honest. Odds are after I leave tomorrow at about 1 PM, I am going to miss deadline. I'm hanging out with someone then going to a party, then I have church the next morning. I'd get back about 20 minutes before deadline.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2009, 05:00:29 PM »
You can come back and hammer again for us.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2009, 05:08:04 PM »
Well...  That was underwhelming.  Waking up to realize I got killed.

Go town!
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2009, 06:24:32 PM »
Alright, let's get straight to business.  Ramus and Nietz were both at L-3 yesterday before I voted, but I put my pressure vote on Nietz because I expected Ramus to explode uselessly and get himself lynched if anyone else voted him, whether he was scum or town.  The post that prompted Zakeri's vote was pretty bad, and Ramus's subsequent reactions made me think that he was likely scum, but after his townflip, I need to consider that Zakeri's vote on him was scum taking an opportunity to make a vulnerable townie self-destruct.  Furthermore, going after Ramus like that seems to run counter to Zakeri's "easy on newbies" meta.

##Vote: Zakeri

Also willing to lynch ShiningDrake due to a lack of playing, which I suppose could be considered scum sitting back and letting the circus run its course, but I'm wary of spending a day on a policy lynch in such a small game.

An aside to Ramus:  Finding townies is just gathering information, and without action to back it up, it's pointless.  What you should be doing is trying to prevent mislynches.  And the one townie whose mislynch you're in the best position to prevent is yourself.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2009, 07:19:47 PM »
Let's see, the first part of the conversation I had no idea what I could possibly comment on, and then I was asleep by the time it picked up, and it was night phase by the time I woke up yesterday around noon >_<

Then I finally remember to look here again, and now it's day phase so I can actually post <_<; Anyway... At first I thought that what Ramus had said, asking for analysis from me and then saying he wouldn't be giving any analysis was a joke. His reactions after that seriously made me wonder though...

I'll do a reread once I'm done with what I'm working on right now, I should probably be focusing on that instead of typing this post anyway, but meh...

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2009, 08:11:56 PM »
Reread done. My conclusions: A) Ramus's reactions to everything were just utterly ridiculous, and I can't blame anyone for voting him. B) I suck at this game and have no idea on who's scummy and who isn't.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2009, 08:25:27 PM »
Reread done. My conclusions: A) Ramus's reactions to everything were just utterly ridiculous, and I can't blame anyone for voting him. B) I suck at this game and have no idea on who's scummy and who isn't.

Why are you so quick to assume that you suck and not try think more?

What are your thoughts on Sol being NK'd? Do you think it was a justifiable move on scum's part?

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2009, 08:49:57 PM »
A justifiable move? Hm... No, probably not. He was also getting called out for lurking, and there would certainly have been other town players who hadn't had any suspicions of any sort put out on them yet. Which means that Sol wasn't the best target, since he wasn't providing as much content as a lot of others. Unless there's something I'm missing here... *rereads again just in case something was missed which is entirely possible*

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2009, 09:05:41 PM »
EBWOP: Either I'm remembering something incorrectly or I keep missing something after several rereads because I'm not seeing again where I thought he was mentioned for lurking as well. I still think there probably would have been better targets regardless of who the scum are, but whatever...

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2009, 09:58:46 PM »
After Day 1, I was mostly suspicious of Drake and Sol, the first for absence and the second for not taking a position.

Well, Sol is dead, but Drake I still don't like much, mainly because there isn't much of him in the whole game: A single Day 1 post saying "no comments over RVS" and though he gives a reason why he was absent so far, he still stays out for the rest of the day. And now he still gives little else than 'no opinion/no idea'.
I'm still willing to cut him some slack for being a newbie and for this being a small game. Plus, I would suppose a scumbuddy would have 'coached' him on something better to say.

As for others, I kinda agree with Serp on Zakeri. Zak's vote was decent, but the short and sardonic way of his post was what inflamed Ramus and made him the target of the day.
Pesco did a similar thing shortly after, bringing Ramus to L-1 just by pointing his insta-OMGUS.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2009, 10:25:57 PM »
Reading Serp's suggestion for a Zakeri lynch, another thing I would add to the case is that the subsequent posts, such as this one...

I could start hating on Ramus' last post as well, but I think I'll just say that I'm not convinced I should remove my vote and leave it at that.

... give the impression that he's sitting back and relax, not bothering to pursue a line of questioning and portraying Ramus as a sure-lynch for the day.  UK and pesco do this to some extent too.  Drake, I give some leeway until today or tomorrow.

pesco, who do you think is scum?

« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2009, 01:09:01 AM »
Okay, I realize Ramus' lynch was basically all my fault, And I apologize for that. I don't think Serp's case as it's presented it correct though. It banks on the idea that I purposefully voted Ramus to get him riled up when I really never consider what people's reactions are going to be. It's also worth noting that I don't consider Ramus a newbie at this game at all, even though he has been out of practice since the days before town won a game.

And I really didn't feel the need to comment anymore on Ramus' actions for the day, since most of what he did was self-evident. His lynch basically was a sure thing by then anyway. Though, that might have changed if Ramus had taken a step back to figure out why people were voting for him and try to fix it rather than lashing out at us.

in any case, I did some quick bandwagon analysis last night, and I didn't find anything too useful. I'd take a look at who wasn't on the bandwagon, but the only two still alive that weren't were Drake who's already leaning forward as a wagon, and Serp who's actions are at best town and at worst inconclusive.

Oblig. Scum thoughs: Leaning towards Drake and Pesco. I don't get scum vibes off of the way UK acted as hammered yesterday.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2009, 06:24:09 AM »
Because nobody else will speculate NKs, I will.

As SDrake said, it looks like a silly move on scum's part to NK Sol. What it looks like to me is PR hunting in the nightgame. The only real reason why scum would hunt PRs is because they have a RB and would thus know that they got a full house this game. It simply wouldn't make sense to me that scum would risk leaving stronger players alive when they have full knowledge of the setup.

My questioning of SDrake could easily lead into a gothcha scenario, I do think he's a bit suspect but we'd need more contribution out of him or else this would just be a policy lynch. I intend to lynch SDrake if we can't get anywhere today.

With the newb out of the way, we have everyone else who are competent players. Affinity's post here has me putting my bet on him. That one liner at Sol, looks rather tacked on for padding.

##Vote Affinity

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2009, 09:59:29 AM »
@pesco: I said argh at Sol due to his sleeping schedules and his holding off of rereads from waking to sleeping hours.  And since other than that I produced absolutely no content associated with him, it doesn't seem plausible that I had any pretentions at padding, especially when my main focus was on Ramus.

@Zakeri: The defense doesn't seem right here since it implies that you didn't find the case against Ramus worthwhile when you actually thought that it was good yesterday evidently, but this is sort of a gotcha game.  However, why do you find pesco scummy?  Elaborate.

« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2009, 02:00:13 PM »
It's not that I didn't feel strongly. I just figured it was obvious. You don't exactly win people over by calling them nasty names.

Pesco, it's partly that I don't really like the way he handled Ramus yesterday. He saw Ramus get riled up over my vote and seemed to run with it. In any case, I'm willing to vote for either him or Drake the same.