Author Topic: Numbers Mafia - Scum Win, Q.E.D.  (Read 38721 times)

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
Re: Numbers Mafia - Int day = 1;
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2009, 10:02:40 PM »
Your serious vote is an OMGUS...
Again, a fallacy.  Just because I'm bad at something doesn't mean I'm scummy.  I also use the Roukanken defense and say I'm just out to get the game moving.  Hate me or kill me for it if you find it scummy.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2009, 10:33:44 PM »
Bleh, short days are hateful.

Just because I'm bad at something doesn't mean I'm scummy.

Scummy words and actions are those that betray a scummy mindset.  You can't get much more scummy than "I don't need to find scum, so I'm just going to try to kill whoever tries to lynch me."  That's on top of saying that you want to lynch Drake for doing something that you yourself are guilty of.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2009, 10:37:56 PM »
There's a difference when Rou does it. He makes himself OBVTOWN.

This is nothing but random stupid votes.

Not to mention, why the joke votes had some level of justification, yours is a whomping "Tee hee."

Looks like a direct contradiction.

I wouldn't say this RVS is entirely devoid of info. I'm FPMH(TM) sure of one person that is town.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2009, 10:47:19 PM »
Bleh, short days are hateful.
Indeed.

Scummy words and actions are those that betray a scummy mindset.  You can't get much more scummy than "I don't need to find scum, so I'm just going to try to kill whoever tries to lynch me."  That's on top of saying that you want to lynch Drake for doing something that you yourself are guilty of.
I just accused Drake of lurking.  I never tied his scumminess to his lack of analysis.  And I'm currently, not lurking, right?

There's a difference when Rou does it. He makes himself OBVTOWN.
Am I allowed to be meta on this one?

Looks like a direct contradiction.

To be more clear on the justification, I meant stuff like Random Number Generators or some insane and obscure mathematical procedure.  At least that's a reason behind the joke.  Tee hee holds no justification however you look at it.

I wouldn't say this RVS is entirely devoid of info. I'm FPMH(TM) sure of one person that is town.
  And you're probably right about that person since 7 out of 9 people are town.  What's your point?

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2009, 11:09:08 PM »
To be more clear on the justification, I meant stuff like Random Number Generators or some insane and obscure mathematical procedure.  At least that's a reason behind the joke.  Tee hee holds no justification however you look at it.

You're looking at it wrong then. I did have some justification for my vote on you, which I quoted in the same post. The "Tee hee" was just added to accent the point. I know you saw it, too, because you even tried to lable my reason as a logical fallacy in the next post.

The point of a joke vote is to have something completely unrelated to alignment since there is nothing yet that does relate to alignment. how can you say my vote on you had any less justification than my vote on Serps, or Serp's vote on Pesco?

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2009, 11:10:52 PM »
Addendum: completely and obviously unrelated.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2009, 11:19:14 PM »
@Ramus:

... but lurkers aren't necessarily scum!  This, by your standards, is itself a blatant fallacy!  What then, Ramus?  Doing actions, admitting that they are dumb and yet absolving yourself of all criticism is mathematically incorrect and is something to be frowned upon.

I never tied his scumminess to his lack of analysis.

Then what do you suppose he post in his posts?  Needless, contradictory fluff like yours?

Shall simply keep my vote there.

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2009, 12:40:10 AM »
VOTECOUNT

Sol:  (Pesco)
Pesco: I (Serpentarius, UncertainKitten)
Ramus: IV (Ramus, Nietz, Affinity, Zakeri, Pesco) (L-1)
Zakeri: I (Nietz, Ramus)
Serpentarius:  (Zakeri)
Nietz: II (Ramus, Sol, Serpentarius)

Not doing his/her homework (Haven't voted): ShiningDrake

With 9 players left, 5 are required for a lynch!
The deadline to hand your homework is on Thursday 29th, 12PM (GMT-5)

Powerup punchin'!

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2009, 12:52:40 AM »
Then what do you suppose he post in his posts?  Needless, contradictory fluff like yours?

I tie it into the fact that you guys are assholes for voting on me for attempting to jump start the game.  One more person can vote on me if he or she wants to, but I'm guilty of nothing so far except trying to get the game going.  That being said, screw you if you decide to vote me because it's going to result in a worthless day and two dead townies thanks to the fact that we have night again.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2009, 01:12:26 AM »
I tie it into the fact that you guys are assholes for voting on me for attempting to jump start the game.  One more person can vote on me if he or she wants to, but I'm guilty of nothing so far except trying to get the game going.  That being said, screw you if you decide to vote me because it's going to result in a worthless day and two dead townies thanks to the fact that we have night again.

I know there's a lot more to comment on but this post is HORRIBLE.

There's so much AtE and overall anti logic that I can't help but feel Ramus isn't playing his "usual" (yeah...one game...) town self.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2009, 02:09:58 AM »
Serp's vote on Nietz I mean.
Whoops, didn't realize the vote changed off of you.

It kind of looks like a prod, save for the fact that a prod was completely unnecessary.  The reason for the vote is a little suspect, too.  I'm reserving my judgment for now, as I have to catch up later on.

##Unvote

Please note that I may be falling on and off in the next few hours - my home router decided to be idiotic, and I just managed to get back online.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2009, 05:05:57 AM »
you guys are assholes

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Nigeria: "Yo Ghana"
Ghana: "What?"
Nigeria: "You're black"

I just accused Drake of lurking.  I never tied his scumminess to his lack of analysis.  And I'm currently, not lurking, right?

You're active lurking.

It kind of looks like a prod, save for the fact that a prod was completely unnecessary.  The reason for the vote is a little suspect, too.  I'm reserving my judgment for now, as I have to catch up later on.

##Unvote

It should come as no surprise that I'm going to ask you why you think this now. Why do you have this conclusion about Serp's vote and why do you unvote.

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2009, 10:25:46 AM »
I could start hating on Ramus' last post as well, but I think I'll just say that I'm not convinced I should remove my vote and leave it at that.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2009, 10:51:01 AM »
It should come as no surprise that I'm going to ask you why you think this now. Why do you have this conclusion about Serp's vote and why do you unvote.
To answer in reverse order, since we're apparently out of the joke vote phase, I don't want to keep said joke vote in.  As for why my thoughts on Serp's vote lean that way, his reason for voting seems a little flimsy for a serious vote (a question on impressions in the joke vote phase?  I'm not quite sure how you do that with just random votes.).  Not only that, but 24 hours in seems pretty early to be hitting L-2.  I'll need to look at [Ramus' argument] tomorrow (or is that today?), since I don't have the time to be reading it right now (I'm supposed to be asleep), and that seems to be the main point of contention for Day 1.

We still have, what, 18 hours left?
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2009, 11:01:24 AM »
EBWOP: Crap, miscalculation.

We have 6(?) hours left?

Yes.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 11:04:24 AM by Roukanken »

Move eternally forward,

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2009, 11:18:21 AM »
You're active lurking.

And what are you doing?  Taking pot shots at me for typing out two sentences.  Bite me, I jumped started the game and people who decide to lynch me should be more than enough room to start off the analysis of the game.  There's no room to defend myself because what I did was spontaneous and made to, again, get the game moving.  Like anyone else was trying.  Roukanken isn't the only person allowed to make moves like that.   Lastly, it's kinda ironic that I probably did jump start the game how I wanted, but I tripped over my own feet and managed to screw it up in such a way that I get myself killed.  Oh well, semi-"Just as planned" except not.  I just got out of the other game alive by it seems because UK and Roukanken were bigger targets.  In this case, I've made myself obvious and since no one else stands out, I'm to be lynched.  I end this on saying, you guys suck at psychology and can't spot a townie because you're too busy looking for scum.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2009, 11:28:57 AM »
Too bad the game rules say removing scum is far more important for town rather than finding innocents.

Hammer away.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2009, 01:25:27 PM »
I know there's a lot more to comment on but this post is HORRIBLE.

There's so much AtE and overall anti logic that I can't help but feel Ramus isn't playing his "usual" (yeah...one game...) town self.
UK, if you haven't noticed, all I do is bitch and whine in these games.  I also insult people at random and tell them off too while I'm at it.  Just look at the last game.  I do it all over the place, in fact, I'll go as far as to say, I'm doing nothing different.

Meantime, if you look at last game, I might mention that keeping UK, a townie that no one besides I believed was townie, alive directly lead to people becoming wary of Edible and even him being proven scummy (if a bit due to moderator mess ups, I'm looking at you Pesco).  Even if it wasn't due to Pesco messing up, Edible was marked pretty high on the list of everyone.

Did I mention Pesco sucks at this because he jumps for the set in stone methods of playing this game?  He makes assumptions about how things should be done when the rules were set up independent of him.  Just look at the last game.  Any other dumb questions?

Oh right, if there's a rule stating that it's more important to find scum than innocents, I might mention that's not a rule at all, more of a recommendation.

Finally, this all set up to get me lynched, I realize, is set up on strawman.  Taking a single mistake made by me, blowing it out of proportion and calling me scummy because of it.  Along the way, I also get tacked for various other things such as being unable to defend myself for a single mistake, or for playing differently.  In short, I hate people who find justification within a few single sentences.  That's not debating, or using logical reasoning, that's just jumping to a conclusion.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2009, 01:36:03 PM »
And Ramus, you are apparently the reason we suck at psychology.  Besides, it's not as if Rou has done something as blatant as asking for analysis when providing absolutely none.

In short, I hate people who find justification within a few single sentences.  That's not debating, or using logical reasoning, that's just jumping to a conclusion.

Well then, go wild, make mistakes everywhere, and continue not admitting your mistake and being a puffer fish.  Furthermore, go ahead and tell use how righteously pathetic you are by not telling us who is scum (or even who is town) and bringing up past games which have absolutely nothing to do with this one.  Also, by all means accuse pesco for using a playstyle, which is, by your reasoning, what we are accusing you of, it's not the slightest bit contradictory.

And argh at Sol.

Why are you referring to the possible permutations when you're talking about the digital root? It's 18 whatever combination you use.

Nope... for example, if it was SUZZNSSPR, then it would be 9!/(3!x2!) after all, which gives 302400, which gives 9.  Argh you teacher.

18 is not a digital root. 1 + 8 = 9.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 03:34:44 PM by Roukanken »

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2009, 01:46:28 PM »
UK, if you haven't noticed, all I do is bitch and whine in these games.  I also insult people at random and tell them off too while I'm at it.  Just look at the last game.  I do it all over the place, in fact, I'll go as far as to say, I'm doing nothing different.

It was different, mostly because you were actually providing reasoning as well as not lashing out at everyone that even THOUGHT about voting you.

Meantime, if you look at last game, I might mention that keeping UK, a townie that no one besides I believed was townie, alive directly lead to people becoming wary of Edible and even him being proven scummy (if a bit due to moderator mess ups, I'm looking at you Pesco).  Even if it wasn't due to Pesco messing up, Edible was marked pretty high on the list of everyone.

Appeal to prior games doesn't count for this one. Before you argue meta, this isn't it

Did I mention Pesco sucks at this because he jumps for the set in stone methods of playing this game?  He makes assumptions about how things should be done when the rules were set up independent of him.  Just look at the last game.  Any other dumb questions?

Pesco is far from someone who uses "set in stone" methods. He uses a few base guidelines and goes a wild. But, this doesn't have anything to do with your alignment really.

or for playing differently.  In short, I hate people who find justification within a few single sentences.  That's not debating, or using logical reasoning, that's just jumping to a conclusio

For someone who uses meta, I'd like to know why that first is such a bad tell

I'm willing to hammer Ramus at this point. We have about 3 hours left. Anyone else have anything to say?

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2009, 02:03:52 PM »
Nietz, have you found anything suspicious in any of the other players' random votes?
By this time I was a little weirded out by Sol's claim of 'consistency', by you bringing me to L-2 on the RVS and by drak's absence. But a lot has happened since then, so let me catch up on the Ramus thing.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2009, 02:17:00 PM »
Hammer me then, you hypocrites.  Anything I say or do at this point will be OMGUS or a last minute defense.  The game at this point is set where I can't win.  No one is willing to defend me and no one has considered the game from my point of view.  I've given several arguments which apparently no agrees with, so hammer me then.  At this point, you're all nothing but a bunch of people repeating each other.  Prove you have some gut and hammer, else I'll do it.  It's a lost cause anyway, my method of logic doesn't appeal to anyone, you guys fail to see the fallacies I point, and you all think meta doesn't count for jack.  Anyone want to give a compelling argument?

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2009, 02:21:29 PM »
Okay, I just read the whole thing and I can find no redeeming qualities about Ramus other than that he was being obnoxiously anti-town in the last game as well. But this time I do believe he has an extra side of scumminess to it.

Actively trying to make Drake look bad for something he was openly doing as well and the horrible and continued misrep on Zak's vote against him was bad enough, but the worst of all was the defense of "playing bad is not the same as scummy, so you can't accuse me of anything I do because it's just me playing bad" followed by accusing everyone else of playing bad because of trying to find scum instead of considering him innocent because of the last game's meta I mentioned above.

Also, in by #77 he's already considering his lynch a fact but still avoids claiming or giving any hint of who he thinks is scum or town (which he has avoided for all the day, actually). That sounds like trying to avoid give town any information.

I'm willing to hammer, if there's nothing else to be said.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2009, 02:34:42 PM »
It was different, mostly because you were actually providing reasoning as well as not lashing out at everyone that even THOUGHT about voting you.
Affinity, case in point.  It's how I roll.

Pesco is far from someone who uses "set in stone" methods. He uses a few base guidelines and goes a wild. But, this doesn't have anything to do with your alignment really.
Did I ever say it did?  No, just saying that Pesco is bad at the game and used a fallacy known as strawman to attack me.  Besides, set in stone methods?  You all assume that finding townies is a bad idea.  I'm willing to prove that that is a viable tactic.

For someone who uses meta, I'd like to know why that first is such a bad tell

Dumb question.  I will at least give reason behind my votes, logically consistent or not depending who you ask, but at least I give a trail for someone else to work off of and decide whether or not he or she likes me.  Tee hee and other such stuff is just ambigious and can't be attacked properly with the exception of just saying that person has a lack of evidence behind the vote.  At least with meta, I can point out previous actions, describe why it's similar and go with it.

Anyway, UK, going to hammer me or not?  I'm waiting~

EDIT:  Finding scum on the first day?  Ha!  Okay, here's the list that I haven't had time to really make because everything has been focused on me.

1.  Sol for a lack of presence and inability to decide who he finds scummy.
2.  Drake for the same reason as Sol.
3.  Zakeri for the following quote:
I could start hating on Ramus' last post as well, but I think I'll just say that I'm not convinced I should remove my vote and leave it at that.
For letting everyone else do the work for him and leaving his vote on me because it's convinient.
4.  Pesco for jumping to conclusions all too quickly.

Happy?

UK or Nietz, please grow a spine and hammer me already.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2009, 02:40:45 PM »
Hammer me then, you hypocrites.  Anything I say or do at this point will be OMGUS or a last minute defense.  The game at this point is set where I can't win.  No one is willing to defend me and no one has considered the game from my point of view.  I've given several arguments which apparently no agrees with, so hammer me then.  At this point, you're all nothing but a bunch of people repeating each other.  Prove you have some gut and hammer, else I'll do it.  It's a lost cause anyway, my method of logic doesn't appeal to anyone, you guys fail to see the fallacies I point, and you all think meta doesn't count for jack.  Anyone want to give a compelling argument?

Only reason I'm NOT hammering is because people like to say shit at the last minute. If you REALLY want me to I'll handle it around 12 EDT (1.5 hours)

Okay, I just read the whole thing and I can find no redeeming qualities about Ramus other than that he was being obnoxiously anti-town in the last game as well. But this time I do believe he has an extra side of scumminess to it.

Maybe it was cause he was helping me out, but he actually didn't feel nearly as anti town last game as he does this game. At least last game he was on some level trying to work with us to get scum. Here he's done nothing like that.

Did I ever say it did?  No, just saying that Pesco is bad at the game and used a fallacy known as strawman to attack me.  Besides, set in stone methods?  You all assume that finding townies is a bad idea.  I'm willing to prove that that is a viable tactic.

Sorry, I was clarifying that my response wasn't intended to accuse you of being scum or town on that point. Personally, I'm of the opinion finding townies can work, but it's a lot more work to find 3-4 times as many people town then it is to find a lower number of scum. It's more efficient.

Affinity, case in point.  It's how I roll.

No, actually, I recall you having a decent case on him besides "OMG you all suck I'm gonna raegquit because you all can't play this game and I am totally teh mafia god"

Protip: You suck right now.

Dumb question.  I will at least give reason behind my votes, logically consistent or not depending who you ask, but at least I give a trail for someone else to work off of and decide whether or not he or she likes me.

Congratulations. You didn't address my point.

That was a dumb answer ^-^

At least with meta, I can point out previous actions, describe why it's similar and go with it.

And...um...that's what I'm doing basically.

Anyway, UK, going to hammer me or not?  I'm waiting~

Noon.

Congratulations Ramus, you accused half the game that isn't you.

Are you proposing we only have one mislynch? Or is this another strawman of mine? I merely would like clarification

UK or Nietz, please grow a spine and hammer me already.

Noon.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2009, 02:45:12 PM »
Oh right, if there's a rule stating that it's more important to find scum than innocents, I might mention that's not a rule at all, more of a recommendation.

Wrong again.  It's known as a win condition.

You wanna know something?

When Rou ragequits, he apologises afterwards.
When UK goes ragehol on us, she apologises afterwards.
When Kilga calls everyone a moron, he provides clear reasons why. When he's wrong, he apologises afterwards.
Notice that people who play like stuck up jerkasses don't do it 24/7.

This is meta.

You're far more of one that is trying to play by formula. And even worse than Rou at that. Just calling everything a fallacy is cool and all if only we agreed with your nonsense.

This strategy of playing to find townies only. What viable? It's downright scummy because that's all scum can reliably do in a game. Not to mention
  And you're probably right about that person since 7 out of 9 people are town.  What's your point?

So what's the point hey? Even you don't think finding townies is worth it.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2009, 02:49:55 PM »
Actually... I remembered my RVS vote was on Ramus already, and while I don't see any reason to move it, that means I can't hammer.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2009, 02:52:40 PM »
Actually... I remembered my RVS vote was on Ramus already, and while I don't see any reason to move it, that means I can't hammer.

Huh. So I finally get to actually hammer someone?

Fuck yar.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2009, 02:55:34 PM »
Hey ho guys, I'm sorry.
Every blow that I attempt to parry
Fails miserable and falls.
I'll attempt to hold my head tall
But end, I tried something stupid
Never again shall I wonder from the set path
Nor shall I start any game lest I want livid
Looks.  For this is the mafia of math.
I am at the town's wrath.

Anyway, Pesco, who do you think is scummy besides me?  Actually, the entire town can tell us that, especially Nietz since he demanded it.  And Pesco, knowing who's townie doesn't do anything unless that actually helps keep townies alive.  Get the point?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
Finding a townie means I'll favour their opinions more than unconfirmed. I'm in no position to prevent them from being NK'd and they should be capable of keeping themselves alive in the day. The most I would do is not vote for them.

As for scummy, Sol is scummy in a similar way to Anthony was. Input from SDrake and Serp would be nice. Other than that, I can't point out anyone because you're being perfect bus material too.