Author Topic: Numbers Mafia - Scum Win, Q.E.D.  (Read 39292 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Numbers Mafia - Int Day = 2;
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2009, 02:16:04 PM »
What's the other part?

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2009, 04:08:24 PM »
@Zakeri:
It's a good point that you couldn't predict Ramus would react that way, and your subsequent posts do seem less inflammatory. But as Affinity mentioned this could also be you sitting back after th Ramus lynch started going on its own.

I think Pesco still looks worse, since he keeps the smug act while arguing with Ramus and also treats him as the obvious lynch. Which, to be fair, he was, but Pesco seemed more intent on just lynching him ASAP instead of questioning him.
His vote on Affinity today seems strange too. The reason you think he's scum is for padding a post with one line for a case other than Ramus?

The only thing I see against Affinity is that, while he was on the Ramus case - as pretty much everyone else - he was also taking some potshots at Sol. However, I don't see how it would make sense for scum to set up suspicion against a player and then NK him before following through.

Also, about ħ/2 ≤ ΔKitten, I think I'm not the only one who doesn't like the idea of a player getting a free pass for a whole Day. But obviously we can't just lynch someone because of that in such a small game. So I'll suggest that she doesn't just come back to hammer, but try her best to put up her opinions in a post, preferably before the Day's end.

Because nobody else will speculate NKs, I will.

As SDrake said, it looks like a silly move on scum's part to NK Sol. What it looks like to me is PR hunting in the nightgame. The only real reason why scum would hunt PRs is because they have a RB and would thus know that they got a full house this game. It simply wouldn't make sense to me that scum would risk leaving stronger players alive when they have full knowledge of the setup.
There's much room for WIFOM in this, I wouldn't rely on the NK to assume we have a Doc and a Cop.

Right now, Pesco is my best case, so
##Vote: Pesco

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2009, 04:37:14 PM »
I don't remember seeing you people doing any talking to Ramus in that time. Furthermore, he was deliberately being a jerkass with his responses. You were also ready to hammer him, except your vote happened to be on him already. The intent to lynch him is not scummy because he was deserving and asking for that lynch.

Everyone pretty much left players not named Ramus alone yesterday. I'm voting Affinity because that one line was on Sol only. Surely he should have posted a bit about everyone, be it a prod or a callout.

I don't care what you think of the NK. Info is info and that's my interpretation. Putting it out there can also serve to notify the mods that they made a non-fatal error with the setups.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2009, 05:39:37 PM »
I'm not buying either of the other cases today.  Ramus basically sealed his fate with his OMGUS post.  I would've been willing to vote him at that point, so I don't see scummy intent in the action of doing so, and nothing about Pesco's attached comment seemed particularly inflammatory.  The case on Affinity just doesn't make any sense to me in the first place.  The Sol NK seems a bit weird to me, too, but Pesco's theory seems reasonable, and Affinity's expressing of some completely justified exasperation with the player doesn't really implicate him as scum with NK plans.

We don't have enough free lynches to test all these theories.  My vote remains on Zakeri.  I'm currently only willing to switch to Pesco or Affinity if it's required to secure a lynch for the day.  I may freely switch to ShiningDrake depending on his activity for the rest of the day, but since we're running low on time, I think we should be settling on our day's lynch.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2009, 05:44:23 PM »
Ramus and Nietz were both at L-3 yesterday before I voted, but I put my pressure vote on Nietz because I expected Ramus to explode uselessly and get himself lynched if anyone else voted him, whether he was scum or town.

I am not feeling very clear on this.

##Unvote

Serp

« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2009, 05:46:51 PM »
See also:

Ramus's subsequent reactions made me think that he was likely scum

I was expecting him to explode.  I wasn't expecting him to do so quite so scummily.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2009, 05:49:14 PM »
From what I quoted, you were expecting him to explode before the votes even came on.

##Vote Serp

Serp

« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2009, 05:56:34 PM »
From what I quoted, you were expecting him to explode before the votes even came on.

Well, yes.  The reason I'm voting Zakeri is that I think he should have expected it as well.  I wasn't around here when Ramus used to play regularly, but in the short time since he's returned, I've marked him as a player with a short fuse.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2009, 06:33:32 PM »
  Ramus and Nietz were both at L-3 yesterday before I voted, but I put my pressure vote on Nietz because I expected Ramus to explode uselessly and get himself lynched if anyone else voted him, whether he was scum or town. 

...What. This just seems plain weird. What reason did you have to think that he'd "explode uselessly" when he got a vote when both his current votes were from RVS? Granted he DID end up doing that anyway, but something still seems REALLY weird here.

Also, on Pesco: Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier, but what was with bringing Ramus to L-1 at that point? And as Nietz pointed out, voting Affinity over the one line about Sol seems odd as well. (Wow, "as _____ said" seems to happen a lot when I sleep until noon and a lot of conversation seems to happen while I'm asleep <_<)

Both Pesco and Serp are seeming slightly... Odd to me.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2009, 06:42:24 PM »
It didn't faze me how many votes Ramus had at the time. He did a scummy thing and I was going to vote him. Since I was bringing him to L-1, it's only proper that I mention it too so that nobody would hammer and claim they didn't know.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2009, 06:58:59 PM »
I'll have to reread and think on this once I have made new plans, since my prior ones were cancelled.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2009, 09:23:53 PM »
I'm not buying either of the other cases today.  Ramus basically sealed his fate with his OMGUS post.  I would've been willing to vote him at that point, so I don't see scummy intent in the action of doing so, and nothing about Pesco's attached comment seemed particularly inflammatory.
Yes, I agree that just being on the Ramus case is pretty much a null tell, since he pretty much deserved all the suspicion, though Zak's vote and Pesco's L-1 and subsequent post definitely helped him burst out, which pretty much sealed his fate. What is worst about Pesco though, is his vote on Affinity today coming out of almost nothing.

But as it was pointed out, it is indeed strange that Serp says - now after the fact - that he expected Ramus to explode and that Zak's action was done with that specific purpose.

« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2009, 11:38:32 PM »
What's the other part?

Gut.

But as Affinity mentioned this could also be you sitting back after th Ramus lynch started going on its own.
To be fair, this point could go either way, so I'll just drop it.

Well, yes.  The reason I'm voting Zakeri is that I think he should have expected it as well.  I wasn't around here when Ramus used to play regularly, but in the short time since he's returned, I've marked him as a player with a short fuse.

I don't like this. Your case on me appears to be that since you had the foresight to know Ramus had a short fuse, that I am just as astute as yourself and used this knowledge that I didn't have to cause a mislynch. Why do you keep insisting that I did know that anyway? The point is entirely WiFoM anyway.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2009, 12:18:14 AM »
I'm a little wary at ShiningDrake jumping on all cases today without contributing too much.

As for Serp, I don't feel that what he did was explicitly scummy, since Ramus going on a short fuse is an alright expectation to make judging from the last game.  I can see Ramus being angry at being voted to L-2 at the pressure vote (since he is an extremely reactionary player), and I can see that voting Nietz instead to start the game and break the RVS seems more townie than scummy. 

@Serp:

Why do you find Zakeri scummier than pesco for example, using this line of reasoning? 

---

##Vote: Zakeri

For now, I think he is the best lynch.  This is slightly because his actions yesterday fit the intentions of scum (though they can be town too), but more because his actions today aren't very much outside of defense.  Worst of all, he does not follow up on his pesco suspicion with a vote, for example, giving him little presence. 

SD is my second choice, since has the least original opinions in the game, he doesn't have any idea who the scum are beyond the extent of hijacking other people's content (in his recent post especially).  pesco I don't find too bad on the account of original cases, though some of them look like ineffectual placeholders.

Serp

« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2009, 05:07:55 AM »
I don't like this. Your case on me appears to be that since you had the foresight to know Ramus had a short fuse, that I am just as astute as yourself and used this knowledge that I didn't have to cause a mislynch. Why do you keep insisting that I did know that anyway? The point is entirely WiFoM anyway.

It was obvious to me, and it turned out to be true, so I don't think it's a stretch to assume that you saw it too.  In any case, I don't see how WIFOM applies to this at all.

Quote from: Affinity
Why do you find Zakeri scummier than pesco for example, using this line of reasoning?

Some explosions still manage to look townie in nature.  Ramus's was not one of these.  His reaction to Zakeri looked scummier than I would have expected from a townie Ramus, and I wasn't going to give him a clear just 'cause I had marked him as vulnerable.  I probably would've voted him after that point if Pesco hadn't done so himself, so I think Pesco's vote could easily have been placed with townie intent.

Note that we've got half a day left 'till the deadline.

« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2009, 05:47:48 AM »
So then what? Was I not allowed to think that Ramus might have been scummy for refusing to analyze posts even though he said Drake needed to? What exactly changed between the blatant contradiction and the OMGUS vote that makes my vote slightly less townie than Pesco's?

The case on me doesn't make sense. It's filled with too many "I would do what Zak did as Scum" and "I would do what Pesco did as Town". It's even worse how Pesco and I did basically the same thing, and yet Serp keeps making arbitrary details to describe why I should be lynched instead of Pesco. I'm definitely sensing something screwy here.

##Vote Serpentarius

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2009, 12:42:22 PM »
Very Late Vote Count Because I Expected Keri To Do It:

Zak: II (Serp, Affinity)
Affinity: (Pesco)
Pesco: I (Nietz)
Serp: II (Pesco, Zak)

Zakeri and Serpentarius are at L-2. You have just over 5 hours remaining.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2009, 02:24:54 PM »
I don't find Zakeri's defense very satisfactory, especially from a content perspective; it just seems like a little bit of an OMGUS to me.  Keeping my vote.

I won't be around at the deadline, however.

Neither will I. Bus back to uni. T_T

Hopefully Keri will be around, though.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 02:55:20 PM by Roukanken »

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2009, 03:05:47 PM »
I have to go out soon and won't be around for the deadline. I would still prefer a Pesco lynch but that doesn't seem possible anymore.
Between Serpentarius and Zakeri, I believe Serp is the best bet right now. Mostly because I don't like the whole "I had predicted Ramus reaction's but still sincerely believed he was scum" and the arbitrary way he decides Zakeri looks scum and Pesco looks town when both did pretty much the same things.

##Unvote
##Vote Serpentarius

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2009, 03:13:25 PM »
We goot around 2 hours on the clock according to the last count. UK should be around to hammer.

Lack of anything at all from SDrake is still bothersome. Not even a vote.

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2009, 04:00:24 PM »
(OOC: Ow ow ow, my legs)

*Hits board

Okay students, listen up! Today is binary lesson!

VOTECOUNT
-----

Zakeri: 10 (2) (Serpentarius, Affinity) (L-2)
Affinity: 0 (0) (Pesco)
Pesco: 0 (0) (Nietz)
Serpentarius: 11 (3) (Pesco, Zakeri, Nietz) (L-1)

Not doing their homework: ShiningDrake, UncertainKitten

You have 2 hours left before the deadline!

Powerup punchin'!

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2009, 04:54:23 PM »
1 HOUR (and 6 minutes...) LEFT!

Powerup punchin'!

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2009, 05:37:39 PM »
LESS THAN 30

Powerup punchin'!

« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2009, 05:39:39 PM »
I saw Kitten on a while ago, but she's gone. It doesn't look like Drake will come and do us the favor, either. I don't really know what to do in this situation.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2009, 06:08:12 PM »
I'm back.

To hammer it seems.

Vote Serpy

I'll figure out why I'm doing this during the night phase.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2009, 07:51:03 PM »
LATE FINAL VOTE COUNT (Apologies, everything went wrong on the trip back >_>):

Zakeri: 10 (2) (Serpentarius, Affinity) (L-2)
Affinity: 0 (0) (Pesco)
Pesco: 0 (0) (Nietz)
Serpentarius: 100 (3) (Pesco, Zakeri, Nietz, UncertainKitten)

Serpentarius was sentenced to nullification!

The intention had been to maul him horrendously with derivation, but much to the executioner's surprise he came out exactly as he had before. Eventually we did the only logical thing and just wiped him off the board.

Serpentarius was the constant e, Vanilla Townie!

Night 2 has begun. All actions to be sent in by Monday 1PM, GMT - 5.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
Re: Numbers Mafia - Int Night = 2;
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2009, 07:54:14 PM »
So who wants to play Hang Number to pass the time?

_ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

7 shots.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:14:57 PM by Ramus Killjoy »

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2009, 08:34:05 PM »
E, because is the statistically most appropriate choice.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2009, 08:35:58 PM »
_ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ E    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

1 E.

7 shots left.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby