Author Topic: Umineko Mafia - Day 4  (Read 68900 times)

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
Re: Umineko Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2009, 03:58:20 AM »
Ah, Rouk, that's a good point there. Ya, bandwagons do provide analysis on later days based on who started them/ joined them. Fair enough, I'm going to have to give you that point.

Now.

Let's dance, Zak.

I'll wait for you response, since your second post was basically a sum of your other one.

If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2009, 04:18:00 AM »
Zak: It is, kinda. My suspicions are multifaceted and stem from Pesco's lightning-rod like nature. My suspicions are also rapidly become trivilialized as the day progresses.

Fusion: Firstly, some mistakes are not necessarily indicitive of scum.

Secondly, I don't think Dorian actually made one beyond semantics. The point of contention is that you're getting all upset earlier about people voting on your lynch target, but you're not really accusing them, going after them, changing your mind until long after the point. This is disjointed and weird.

Thirdly, his posting style (and content, really) are, well, pretty lackluster and indicitive of someone plainly not used to this style of game. Because of this, he makes a very easy target of opportunity, and people starting wagons on him earn suspicion from me as a result.

Fourthly, it's uncool for you to turn around and get mad at me and Donut for exposing your master plan to trick Serpentarius- it certainly tricked the rest of us, well done? It is much better for town to not be deceptive, and I automatically assume that anyone who is being so is scum without a very good reason, which yours is not.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2009, 04:26:41 AM »
1. True.

2. I don't have to vote people to disagree with them. Hey, did I admit in the line before that some mistakes are townie? Why yes! I think I did! So should I vote people who I think have potential for town over people who I think are scum? Oooo, tough call there.

Also, when are you people going to get it into your head. I never changed my mind about my vote. I left my vote where it was because it was irrelevant where it was, and I explained why I felt this was the case. I moved my vote at a time when I felt somebody was scum, I don't see why this is illogical.

3. Yes, they are lackluster. Indicative of somebody who is confused? Can you explain that? Cause it's not what I'm seeing and I'm willing to admit I could be wrong. You are not convincing me but sighting evidence. You are simply stating that you recognize this kind of thing. I recognize it as scum behaviour.

4. Okay, ya, that was a bit over the top. I admit to having a reputation for trying grand schemes (it was a precedent that started in my second game of mafia ever.) So ya, I probably shouldn't get mad at you guys for that since I admit to being out of line with trying it this early on in my career here.

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2009, 04:34:06 AM »
Oh hey, cool. You are Dorian's scum buddy. Sweet, that's two of three on day one.
Baseless Accusations: 1
Logical Conclusion based on stated premises: 0

I don't move my vote because it freaking doesn't matter.
You have this backwards. Your vote doesn't matter because you don't freaking move it. Your vote is potentially 16.7% responsible for the death of any one person. If you leave that on a person that you are defending from another 16.7%, you are effectively trying to hold someone else accountable for something that you are doing to an equal amount. This makes you a hypocrite.

I left my vote there because it was irrelevant. I don't need to justify a vote which is irrelevant.
The point of this game is to actively hunt for scum, not wait for them to mess up on their own. It's the job of the town and their votes to put pressure on the mafia and force them to mess up in that way.

Also, do you think you're being cute with your response on why you said that about Serp? You do realize that that would only work if Serp was scum. If he was town, even if no one else did, he would take what you said, label you as potential Scum clinging to a powerful townie, and convince everyone that was true. Your second point aimed towards me is not a valid reason, since the only reason you shouldn't be voting for someone is because you think they are town. I fail to see any valid reason for mindlessly praising someone, and both of your justifications say that hunting for the mafia is not your top concern, which puts you under even more suspicion.

Cut:
It is, kinda. My suspicions are multifaceted and stem from Pesco's lightning-rod like nature. My suspicions are also rapidly become trivilialized as the day progresses.
I'll accept this.

Cut again:
Also, when are you people going to get it into your head. I never changed my mind about my vote.
This actually is one of the reasons why your stance on the Donut wagon was so out of place. You vote Donut in the Random Voting Stage, then when Neitz votes, you say it's for weak reasoning, and you say he's bandwagoning. Then, you don't bother to change your vote from Donut. Unless you can prove that your Reason for voting Donut was better than Neitz's reason, and that Neitz wasn't using a similar reason, then you are hereby declared Voting differently from Townie intent and therefore not townie.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2009, 04:39:44 AM »
One more time!

Voted donut in the RVS.

Didn't approve of the bandwagon.

Didn't change my vote cause I didn't see the relevance of changing it.

Admitted that if somebody had put another vote on donut, I'd have unvoted.

And yes, I am fully aware of how the Serp thing would have worked. I'm willing to take the risks involved in gambits. This is how I play.

Furthermore - I believe I -am- actively hunting scum a lot more than other people. Maybe it's because I've been sitting here refreshing the page for the last three hours. Throwing votes around will not actively catch scum. Getting these long posts around people will catch scum. Hence I like the fact that people are posting like this. It is good for town.

Also - ya, baseless accusations are fun. I'm playing on a different style than most of you, and I'll be damned if I change what I know works. Most of that accusation stemmed from the random defense of Dorian which I feel is unwarranted.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2009, 06:51:10 AM »
I'll have PC access in an hour or two to post.

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2009, 06:59:57 AM »
On Dorian, his flaws are.. a lack of posting, and hardly any content. These are traits avaliable to both scum and town, but in particular, pressuring this kind of player is going to result in the same sort of flailing no matter what his alignment. He looks and smells *weak*, not scummy, and you don't look like you're scumhunting so much as just pouncing on an opportunity.

I do see relevance in changing your vote. Zakeri said why, and really I don't care much if you say 'I think it's okay to play that way', because I don't and it's not.

The stuff about your own way of playing reads like "I have my own style, which allows me to do stupid shit and you are bad for calling me on it." Yeah, no. Vote stands.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2009, 07:30:59 AM »
Quote from: Nuclear Fusion
I tend to let people who put effort go by because even in the event that they are mafia,

Wut.

##Vote Nuclear Fusion

I'm a little light on other reasons, but this is something that really caught my attention. This whole thing you said just rings WTF to me. You're basically not going to pursue someone who puts any effort into their posts. What if they make a fatal slip-up, which is more likely in a long post? Wouldn't you rather lynch a suspicious person so that their information holds some hard value? I don't care what play style you have, this just screams anti-town to me.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2009, 07:31:56 AM »
EBWOP: I also read everything else he had to say BTW, but it's all flashing "suspicious" to me.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2009, 08:42:55 AM »
Il vento diviene bufera
Infuriano i marosi
Il mare chiama mugghiando la Maga che ha vissuto mille anni

Ho tanto atteso questo giorno!
Ho tanto temuto questo giorno!
Il destino, chi festegger??

Day 1 Vote Count - 1 day and 20 hours remaining:
Nuclear Fusion (3): - Affinity, Carthrat, donut
pesco (2): - Roukanken, Zakeri
donut (2): - Nuclear Fusion, Nietz, Serpentarius
Kiro (1): - donut, pesco
Nietz (1): - Serpentarius
Zakeri (1): - Carthrat
Affinity (1): - Dorian
Dorian (1): - Nuclear Fusion
Carthrat (1): - Kiro
Roukanken (0): -

Not voting: Nobody.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2009, 08:55:28 AM »
Quote from: Rou 72
Then why the hell did you give him a serious business vote?

I voted, he responded with what I deemed acceptable, then I unvoted.

Then why the hell did you give him a serious business vote?
To hide that he is complete clueless? Just a guess.

Why are you answering my questions?

Quote from: NF 74
Also, I can think something is weak without thinking it is scummy. I never said I thought Neitz was scum, I said I thought his reasons for the bandwagon were weak. He explained himself, and I have no problems with his explanation at this point and time.

As for why I don't think it makes sense - bandwagons are usually for the sake of forcing somebody into a claim OR because it's DATBF/RVS. Bandwagons happen almost entirely within the first day, and are almost always pointless/bad for town. Weak reason does not equal bandwagon. Weak reason equals one of two things: 1) a vote early in the game. 2) scum who can't think of anything good.

This bit sounds to me that you view weak reasoning in a negative light. Your two possiblities don't draw conclusion of anyone as townie, only neutral at best.

Quote from: NF 74
HEY DORIAN! It's not a bandwagon vote if I'm the first one voting him for reasons unrelated to a bandwagon (as in RVS). I can complain about a bandwagon when I don't approve of the bandwagon, despite my vote being on the bandwagoned person.

Current Suspicions -

Donut - Mediocre feel on him, not getting anything one way or the other, but it sure is funny to watch him.
Pesco - I need to read his Donut responses again. Those could easily influence my feelings about him. Currently on Neutral.
Dorian - His heart seems in the right place, but his posts are lacking. How many posts have you made, anyway? Two? Three? And I don't think there's been much information from them either (as in he is being lazy and said so himself). Leaning scum on him.
Neitz - See earlier in this post. Leaning town.
Zakeri - Why does it feel like you haven't said anything useful? Requires a re-read.
Affinity - Are you normally an aggressive player? Do you feel the need to throw a vote around every post? Please respond to this.
Serpentarius - Has this guy posted even? Another I don't feel has said enough.
Cart and Kiro - I'm lumping you guys together. Enjoy that. Needs more reading of them.
Rouk - man, I almost forget him somehow. I had to check the player list like 4 times before I realized who I was missing :/ Needs more reading also.

So the only person I've got any feelings on is... Dorian, huh.

Coupled with the previous quote, I'm not seeing why you would vote Dorian after all this.

Quote from: Serp 76
Nietz's elaboration on Donut's scumminess here seems solid.

Which parts were you agreeing with?

:hfive:

Awesome, thanks for posting Serp.

EBWOP on my long post: Serp has shifted to leaning town based on his big post. There's too much effort in their for me to think of him as scum.

Bullshit. Serp is capable of effort regardless of whether he's town or not. I'd say you don't make the town cut by your own standard of effort.

Quote from: Carthrat
Except probably Fusion, who gives town credit based on a large post without even addressing the content. For one thing, big posts mean about as much for alignment as what colour someone's name is (especially in MotK mafia, but I digress.) For another, that's really lazy.

Nor am I happy with him handicapping his own bandwagon and storming at Neitz for being willing to vote for a weak reason- it's day one many reasons are weak, they're still the only ones. Pixelbitching over this and not unvoting immediately upon what seems to be strong bandwagon suspicion is extremely troubling.

I'm not entirely comfortable with him prodding Dorian, either. The guy is clearly clueless, and I already think lynching him is always going to be a crapshoot. It's an easy thing to post that doesn't require thinking, or even really reading.

I agree with all the stuff here.

Quote from: NF 87
As for Serp's long post - there was a double move going on there, but thanks to you and donut, it's been shattered. Congrats, guys. Yes, I'm fully aware of long posts not necessarily being full of content (for what it's worth, I feel serp's post was full of content). The fact is if you slap scum on the back and make them feel safe, you lure them into a false sense of security. But thanks to you guys, that's just not going to work with Serp.

And here we go addressing Serp again - Serp put effort into his posts... much like I'm seeing you doing. I tend to let people who put effort go by because even in the event that they are mafia, they are still supplying the town with information. And the town needs information. I'd rather lynch lurking scum then the ones who are helping the town, even if they are trying to misdirect the town.

I'm going top go into a little about player background here. The MotK mafia archive has links to the games completed recently. The resources are there, and if you don't use them, that's your loss. I'm going by the assumption that everyone knows at least something about the others, be it by reputation or personal knowledge.

I think NF has taken Serp too lightly and really, what you're doing here 'patting scum on the back' is the same as scum patting town on the back. It's a play that scum benefit more from because that's one vote that could be easier to swing for later. It is canon that good townies don't play like this. I am calling it a scummy move and you're trying to cover your ass for backtracking.

Quote from: Zak 88
Pesco
Scummy:
-Insults Donut
-Insults Roukanken
-Deflects questions aimed towards him
-unvotes Donut when Donut gives poor reasoning to attack him
-Covers above point up with IIoA, saying he doesn't feel Donut is scum

General Feeling - ##Vote: Pesco

Nuclear Fusion
Scummy:
-Trying to attack a wagon that his vote is on
-Defends his vote as not being a part of the wagon
-Continues defending his vote instead of explaining why he voted and why it's different from the bandwagon
-Admits he's neutral on Pesco Vs. Donut and still doesn't change his vote
-Makes a General thoughts on everyone list without doing very much analysis on anyone. His reasons for voting Dorian seem forced when he writes them, and it seems like an afterthought when he places the vote.
-Too quick to praise Serpentarius.

General Thoughts - wow, what a crime list. I also didn't catch any town tells.

My basic thoughts right now is that Donut seems like an easy target, while Pesco is acting like Scum-Pesco and Nuclear is acting like a mafioso that accidentally got in the way of and is trying to get out of the way of people's suspicions. I would vote for either Pesco or Nuke.

Would I still be scummy if I insulted Kiro or Carthrat? I'm not seeing the deflection that everyone just brings up without any links or quotes, I think I've answered it.

Comparing the list you've got here, it feels to me that you think voting me is a safer lynch to push. Yet what you've said of NF is clearly more serious and less subjective. "Pesco is acting like Scum-Pesco and Nuclear is acting like mafioso", I interpret that as "Pesco feels like scum by gut and Nuclear feels like scum by facts". Can you explain why I'm more deserving of being lynched over NF?

IIoA post from you btw. Even if it was just a summary, not enough explanation.

Quote from: Nietz 89
pesco's reaction to donuts kinda weirds me out. He attacks you with some bad reasoning and your reaction is... unvote him and vote Kiro?

I felt Donut wasn't scummy by then, he was simply being an idiot (yay more insults!). The unvote is my stance and I'll revote him when I think he's scummy.

Voting Kiro is a separate issue altogether. The unvote and vote appearing together is merely formatting of my post. My beef with Kiro was posted right after that, don't tell me you didn't see it just because I place a vote before reasons within the same post.

One more time!

Voted donut in the RVS.

Didn't approve of the bandwagon.

Admitted that if somebody had put another vote on donut, I'd have unvoted.

And yes, I am fully aware of how the Serp thing would have worked. I'm willing to take the risks involved in gambits. This is how I play.

Furthermore - I believe I -am- actively hunting scum a lot more than other people. Maybe it's because I've been sitting here refreshing the page for the last three hours. Throwing votes around will not actively catch scum. Getting these long posts around people will catch scum. Hence I like the fact that people are posting like this. It is good for town.

Also - ya, baseless accusations are fun. I'm playing on a different style than most of you, and I'll be damned if I change what I know works. Most of that accusation stemmed from the random defense of Dorian which I feel is unwarranted.

The converse of not changing your vote, was there any relevance to keeping it?

You took a risk, but now you're dodging responsibility.

Post volume and activity =/= scumhunting effort. I'll be stating for the record that I'll L-2, L-1 or hammer you quite readily now for the bolded line.

In summary of NF taking center stage, I note that he's reacted quite strongly once people started voting him seriously. All this defensiveness from 3 votes and less.

Kiro hasn't responded, so I don't want to give him a pass with unvoting just yet. You can consider my vote as good as on NF already.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2009, 10:22:19 AM »
Nuke seems to have hit critical mass.

As for Serp's long post - there was a double move going on there, but thanks to you and donut, it's been shattered. Congrats, guys. Yes, I'm fully aware of long posts not necessarily being full of content (for what it's worth, I feel serp's post was full of content). The fact is if you slap scum on the back and make them feel safe, you lure them into a false sense of security. But thanks to you guys, that's just not going to work with Serp.

This is bad for all the reasons that have already been stated, but I should also point out that it makes no sense to try that ploy on me in the first place if you thought my post actually was full of content in the first place.  If there was a valid reason to say "I'm clearing Serp," and you were just trying to lure me into a false sense of security, then why give the invalid reason instead?  For that matter, if you saw my post as legitimately Townie, then why go through this elaborate plot against me, someone who's given you nothing but Town tells?  The plot was painfully obvious to me, so I won't say you're just making this up, but I sort of wish you were.

Now, that said, I don't think we should be giving Dorian a pass either.  I was feeling generous towards him earlier 'cause I thought we had more time left, but this day seems to be flying by.  Dorian should produce or perish.

Which parts were you agreeing with?

All of it.  Nietz hit all of the relevant points against Donut, and I felt that was worth noting.

Anyway, reading through all this again, I've got a bad feeling about Nuke.  Town has to hunt Scum, while Scum just have to cover their asses.  Nuke's play so far looks like a lot of ass-covering.  He does a lot of IIoA to look like he's contributing, then places his vote against an inactive, where he's unlikely to get much resistance.  He tries to buddy-up to me (as part of a plot, to be sure), and then when he's called on it, he still goes out of his way to say that I'm putting out great content.  Currently I'm very willing to lynch Nuke, but I don't want to bring anyone up to L-2 this early.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2009, 10:59:12 AM »
Your vote would be L-1, consider my vote as being on him already.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2009, 12:24:17 PM »
Quote from: Nuclear Fusion
I tend to let people who put effort go by because even in the event that they are mafia,

Wut.

##Vote Nuclear Fusion

I'm a little light on other reasons, but this is something that really caught my attention. This whole thing you said just rings WTF to me. You're basically not going to pursue someone who puts any effort into their posts. What if they make a fatal slip-up, which is more likely in a long post? Wouldn't you rather lynch a suspicious person so that their information holds some hard value? I don't care what play style you have, this just screams anti-town to me.

That probably should have had added after it "when I find somebody who I think is acting scummier and not contributing". Obvious if a long post is scum-tacular and that person is a good option I'll go for them. In this case, I feel the town has better options.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2009, 12:25:55 PM »
Aw crap, got a lot to reply to.

- Dorian, don't answer questions for other people. And you still really need to post more.

As for the whole issue of why I'm "suspicious" about Pesco wanting to end the RVS is that isn't that what scum wants? To end the phase to start throwing serious accusations around? But like I said, Pesco seems to like doing this regardless of his alignment, so I didn't really put much pressure on the issue.
Firstly, I don't understand the accusation, since the sooner the Town gets out of RVS the more time they have to make real cases. Secondly, saying 'this is scummy, but he's doing it either way so I'll ignore it' is a horrendous case of meta. Would you be saying this if it was, say, Carthrat trying to rush you out of the RVS?

Quote from: NF
Oh hey, cool. You are Dorian's scum buddy. Sweet, that's two of three on day one.
*facepalm*

So you show that people are scum by saying that they're Town? What the hell?

I tend to let people who put effort go by because even in the event that they are mafia, they are still supplying the town with information.
...Excuse me while I cry openly.
THE ENTIRE POINT IS THAT THE MAFIA IS FEEDING THE TOWN FALSE INFORMATION SO THEY WON'T BE DISCOVERED.

Ah, Rouk, that's a good point there. Ya, bandwagons do provide analysis on later days based on who started them/ joined them. Fair enough, I'm going to have to give you that point.
...What is this? I didn't say anything. Are you telling me you're just reading through my posts now!?

Okay, ya, that was a bit over the top. I admit to having a reputation for trying grand schemes (it was a precedent that started in my second game of mafia ever.) So ya, I probably shouldn't get mad at you guys for that since I admit to being out of line with trying it this early on in my career here.
Replace Grand Scheme with Ass Pull and I think we're closer to the truth here. The instant people said 'you're clearing him too easily' you replied 'IT'S ALL MY CUNNING TRAP TO PUT HIM OFF GUARD!' which was slightly hard to believe. >_>

Besides, I dunno, pushing for a lynch? If Donut is no-where near being lynched a vote on him achieves nothing, especially when other people are under suspicion for other reasons.

Also - ya, baseless accusations are fun.
*headdesk*

I voted, he responded with what I deemed acceptable, then I unvoted.
He responded with an accusation against you. It's the most direct form of chainsaw possible, with the target accusing the attacker personally. So why did you back off because he was saying bad things about you?
Since he apparently needs quotes:
Quote from: Pesco
Srs bsns. You seem rather jumpy for action.
Quote from: Donut
So Pesco, I hear you want to end the RVS stage right away, huh? I've been watching these games in the past, and I don't see how what I've been doing is anything out of the ordinary. If anything, YOU'RE more suspicious for wanting to end the RVS so quickly. However, if you were scum that'd be too obvious, even for you...I'd say I'm withholding my vote, but you already have my vote, so.
So as we can see, Donut reflects the attack with another attack, and Pesco simply says
Quote from: Pesco
Good enough for me.
And unvotes. Donut never argued about why he was Town, he just turned the chessboard over and made it an attack on Pesco. Why is that worth clearing him for?

I felt Donut wasn't scummy by then, he was simply being an idiot (yay more insults!).
What changed between that and the 'srs bzns' post? Because he continued to make no sense, you decided he wasn't scummy at all and just an idiot?

That probably should have had added after it "when I find somebody who I think is acting scummier and not contributing". Obvious if a long post is scum-tacular and that person is a good option I'll go for them. In this case, I feel the town has better options.
Mind explaining these 'better options', then?

tl;dr
- Still not convinced by Pesco on the Donut issue. His backstep looked notably forced, and his reasoning for it has subtly changed from 'he gave a good response' to 'he was acting like an idiot'.
- NF is horrible for his apparent trick on Serp, saying very little of actual use, apparently thinking his vote doesn't matter if there's no-one obviously scummy, jumping on the new guy (Dorian) as soon as the opening arises when clearly he's just lost, et cetera et cetera.

Currently fine with either of them getting lynched. My suspicions of Donut mainly weigh on Pesco being scum, so I want to lynch him first and foremost.

Nuclear Fusion