Author Topic: Return to the Barren Path  (Read 76557 times)

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
Re: Return to the Barren Path
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2009, 02:49:12 PM »
> We'll take the clean rag. We will then equip it as the lamest shield in the world and ask Cirno if she'll accompany us.

> If she says yes, we have her in our party and proceed West.

> If she says no, we will still go West.

> And either way, we will remind Mystia that we haven't forgotten her in all this madness and that she is still loved.
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Gpop

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2009, 02:50:39 PM »
(Hey I just joined this game and I have no idea what's going on other than we're looking for Remilia and Flandre has some random unsolvable riddle(?).)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2009, 02:58:19 PM »
UK would want hugs. I'll post in her stead.

> Hug everyone, especially Mystia and Flan.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2009, 03:01:13 PM »
> We'll take the clean rag. We will then equip it as the lamest shield in the world and ask Cirno if she'll accompany us.

> If she says yes, we have her in our party and proceed West.

> If she says no, we will still go West.

> And either way, we will remind Mystia that we haven't forgotten her in all this madness and that she is still loved.

>You take the rag in hand. What a crappy shield, you feel almost lonely. And this is with four people following you around.
>"Naw, I gotta make me a Frogloo!"  Cirno says, as she starts to arrange the frogs she's brought into a circle.
>You remind Mystia that she's still loved. She nods, clearly a little nervous to have attention come on her for no reason. She has learned well the lessons of history, it seems.
>You travel west, following the path as it twists and turns through a thicket, until you come to an overgrown hill that rests near the edge of the bamboo grove on the edge of Eientei. Looking to the southeast, you can see a clear view of Scarlet Devil Manor. On the side of this hill is a refrigerator. In the shade of the trees nearby is a refrigerator box, turned on its side. Obvious exits are east.

UK would want hugs. I'll post in her stead.

> Hug everyone, especially Mystia and Flan.

>Hugs for all! Hugging Flandre still leaves you feeling a tad sunburnt, but the feeling subsides quickly enough. The group as a whole seems to have gotten used to the exercise. Kaguya even seems amused by it. Or possibly amused by Mystia's resignation to the affair.

>_

>_

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2009, 03:18:46 PM »
> Examine Refrigerator box, but do not open.

> If it looks relatively safe, have the party move all so that they are not facing the doors of the box, and then open it. We then take extra care examining the contents . . . unless they happen to consist of the former head of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. (Call me paranoid, but . . . well, OK, I'm a GM who likes to cram INSTANT DEATH or INSTANT GAME OVER into lots of unexpected places. This is just too delicious a trappable area for one to NOT exercise extreme caution.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 03:23:49 PM by M. Burusu »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2009, 03:28:29 PM »
> Examine Refrigerator box, but do not open.

> If it looks relatively safe, have the party move all so that they are not facing the doors of the box, and then open it. We then take extra care examining the contents . . . unless they happen to consist of the former head of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. (Call me paranoid, but . . . well, OK, I'm a GM who likes to cram INSTANT DEATH or INSTANT GAME OVER into lots of unexpected places. This is just too delicious a trappable area for one to NOT exercise extreme caution.)

>You hear a slight snoring inside the box. Opening it up ever so cautiously, you see a dirty and disheveled Remilia snoozing within.
>Don't worry, I usually don't do instant death. That is unfun. I do waking up in a bathtub full of ice.

>_

Gpop

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2009, 03:32:03 PM »
>Rape her in her sleep, and include her little sis while you're at it. Heck, include the entire team.
>Drag Remilia out of the fridge and wake her up (if possible).

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2009, 03:38:52 PM »
(To be fair, a lot of my INSTANT DEATH traps are obvious ones -- stuff that people should expect to kill them -- and the ones that aren't all usually have a telltale sign of their lethality that they all share, usually to do with the story boss.)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2009, 03:39:37 PM »
>Rape her in her sleep, and include her little sis while you're at it. Heck, include the entire team.
>Drag Remilia out of the fridge and wake her up (if possible).

>You start to drag Remilia out of the box, grabbing her by the shoulders. Then her eyes snap open, and the glare she gives you is not a pretty or a happy one. No it is not.

>_

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2009, 04:24:13 PM »
> Reunite Remilia with Flandre and tell her (from a good 9 or so feet away) that the folks at the SDM want her back -- Sakuya misses her, Patchouli is close to dying under her newfound workload, and Hong Meiling . . . well, she's just Hong Meiling (sorry Meiling).

> Silently pray to Suwako that Flandre doesn't ditch us now that we've found Remilia. And by 'Silently pray', I mean 'repeat it in our heads as a mantra and mentally cross fingers in our mindspace whilst maintaining the appearance of someone who doesn't want to become The Crash-Test Dummy Of The Young Descendant of Tepes'.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2009, 04:32:05 PM »
> Donate blood damnit

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2009, 04:47:37 PM »
> Reunite Remilia with Flandre and tell her (from a good 9 or so feet away) that the folks at the SDM want her back -- Sakuya misses her, Patchouli is close to dying under her newfound workload, and Hong Meiling . . . well, she's just Hong Meiling (sorry Meiling).

> Silently pray to Suwako that Flandre doesn't ditch us now that we've found Remilia. And by 'Silently pray', I mean 'repeat it in our heads as a mantra and mentally cross fingers in our mindspace whilst maintaining the appearance of someone who doesn't want to become The Crash-Test Dummy Of The Young Descendant of Tepes'.

>While these are all excellent plans, they overlook the fact that Remilia just grabbed you by the shirt collar with both hands and tugged you off balance. While you try to keep from tumbling and looking like a good, Remilia extracts herself from the box and says, with her grip still on you, "I was trying to sleep. You understand, I would hope, exactly how rude it is to try to yank someone out of bed."

> Donate blood damnit

>Bitch this ain't no Trinsic! There ain't no blood bank here for you to grind virtue on! You might be getting your chance, Remilia seems pretty unpleased with recent happenings.

>_

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2009, 04:52:22 PM »
> Try to point out Flandre to her and explain that the SDM wants her (her = Remilia) back as the head of the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

> If she does A) let go or B) let us speak our piece, explain that (as said before) Sakuya misses her and Patchouli is close to dying with her newfound workload. And that Flandre has turned completely zen (but that may have more to do with the shock from the elder Scarlet's departure as opposed to a genuine improvement in condition).

> Also, attempt to pray to Suwako in our heads (and not aloud) that we do not get killed by a vampire or their collateral damage.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2009, 04:54:07 PM »
> Get 3 small sticks and 4cc of mouse blood or a fresh egg and 2 small sticks
> Perform the Rite of Ashk'Ente
> ???
> Profit

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2009, 04:56:16 PM »
>???
> Profit

It would help if we were out of Remilia's clutches before we did that.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2009, 04:56:35 PM »
> ???
> Profit

>Upon his arrival, melvin Death.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2009, 05:06:29 PM »
> Try to point out Flandre to her and explain that the SDM wants her (her = Remilia) back as the head of the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

> If she does A) let go or B) let us speak our piece, explain that (as said before) Sakuya misses her and Patchouli is close to dying with her newfound workload. And that Flandre has turned completely zen (but that may have more to do with the shock from the elder Scarlet's departure as opposed to a genuine improvement in condition).

> Also, attempt to pray to Suwako in our heads (and not aloud) that we do not get killed by a vampire or their collateral damage.

>Remilia finally seems to notice you aren't alone. She lets you go, and looks over the crowd. "Flandre?" shas says, "Didn't we agree it was best for you to stay in your sanctum?"
>"The riddles require this one to wander among impurity for a time," Flandre answers. Remilia gives a sigh.
>Upon hearing your entreaty, Remilia scowls, "Are you implying that I, Remilia Scarlet, betray my word whenever it is convenient?"

>???
> Profit

It would help if we were out of Remilia's clutches before we did that.

>You've not found Nazrin yet, unfortunately, and didn't think to grab an egg from the pantry at Scarlet Devil Mansion. There are plenty of sticks, though!

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2009, 05:12:14 PM »
> Cause Mystia to lay an egg. Use whatever means necessary.

Moerin

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2009, 05:13:53 PM »
>Tell Mystia that the two of you need to consumate your relationship right now.

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2009, 05:14:06 PM »
>Upon hearing your entreaty, Remilia scowls, "Are you implying that I, Remilia Scarlet, betray my word whenever it is convenient?"

> Say that no, we don't, but that (if by 'entreaty' she means us speaking our piece VS praying to Suwako) perhaps a more hasty return to the SDM would be in order -- by 'nearly dying', we mean 'we passed her in the hall and she was barely hanging on' and by 'Sakuya misses her' we mean 'Sakuya REALLY misses her'. And the Mansion got a somewhat-not-so-cool name change (Green Eye Mansion doesn't nearly have the same ring as 'Scarlet Devil Mansion').

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2009, 05:33:39 PM »
> Cause Mystia to lay an egg. Use whatever means necessary.
>Tell Mystia that the two of you need to consumate your relationship right now.

>Mystia hides behind Kaguya, peeking around her fearfully. "L-l-leave me alone!"

> Say that no, we don't, but that (if by 'entreaty' she means us speaking our piece VS praying to Suwako) perhaps a more hasty return to the SDM would be in order -- by 'nearly dying', we mean 'we passed her in the hall and she was barely hanging on' and by 'Sakuya misses her' we mean 'Sakuya REALLY misses her'. And the Mansion got a somewhat-not-so-cool name change (Green Eye Mansion doesn't nearly have the same ring as 'Scarlet Devil Mansion').

>Still bearing a rather sour look, she says, "Perhaps you should bring this up with the mistress of the house? I gambled it away, as you certainly seem to be aware! If the servants are having difficulties, then clearly she is the one who has a stake in it. She accepted that responsibility, did she not?"

>_

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2009, 05:38:39 PM »
> GIGA DRILL BREAKER! DRILL THAT MYSTIATIC BIRD ASS
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2009, 05:56:15 PM »
>Noodles. Either that or go LELOUCH VI BRITANNIA COMMANDS YOU TO RECOVER YOUR HOUSE

Moerin

« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2009, 05:57:14 PM »
>Tell Remilia to "CLENCH THOSE TEETH!" and punch her in the face.

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2009, 06:20:19 PM »
> GIGA DRILL BREAKER! DRILL THAT MYSTIATIC BIRD ASS

>Mystia screams and runs for it!

>Noodles. Either that or go LELOUCH VI BRITANNIA COMMANDS YOU TO RECOVER YOUR HOUSE

>Having no noodles, you shout at Remilia. Her response is, "I will say this only once. Go away."

>Tell Remilia to "CLENCH THOSE TEETH!" and punch her in the face.

>It didn't appear she actually thought you would do it! You slug Remilia in the face. She staggers back a little, caught off guard. Then she regains her composure. "That will be you final mistake!" she shouts, as she dives at you.

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2009, 06:27:30 PM »
> Drop your pants and bend over, ready to take her Gugnir.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
That was the other game.
>Use her power against her, Judo style!

Moerin

« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2009, 06:43:07 PM »
>Run into broad daylight and hope Remi follows (and isn't one of those lame vampires who sparkle rather than combust when exposed to sunlight).

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2009, 06:49:27 PM »

>Unfortunately, this plan is pre-empted when Remilia neatly lands a Shoryuken on your facial parts. For a few moments, your world explodes into stars and little planet Saturns. You are dimly aware of flying through the air, but not much else. When your vision clears, you are quite a few yards from where you were standing, and Remilia is fetching her parasol.

>Use her power against her, Judo style!

>Unfortunately, she's also a fast little booger, and her low center of gravity will make this difficult. Especially since your knowledge of judo is limited to a few neat martial arts videos you once saw.

>Run into broad daylight and hope Remi follows (and isn't one of those lame vampires who sparkle rather than combust when exposed to sunlight).

>Unfortunately, with her parasol ready, you can't really answer that question. But at least it is occupying one of her hands!

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2009, 06:51:37 PM »
>Steal the parasol with your shield