Author Topic: 30 minutes or it's free!  (Read 145730 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: 30 minutes or it's free!
« Reply #660 on: March 05, 2010, 02:53:23 AM »
> "I don't even like the thought that something I own was used to draw blood, and it nearly killed someone. Maybe I'm pathetic, maybe I'm just soft, but It still scares me none the less."
> "Either your guess at what I'm thinking, and getting it right every time, or your reading my mind. Both are kinda scary, but cool."

> Look around for Crows, Ravens, or any other type of bird thats completly Black/a really dark color. *Some say that Crows and Ravens are a bad omen, or bring misfortune, but they can't be all bad. Plus birds are kinda neat, so long as they don't try to peck you.* The stuff inside the ** is meant to be a thought, for Satori the young woman to attempt to read from the delivery guys mind :P

> "A fruit juice would be nice, Grape or Strawberry espcially so. Thank you for you kindness, Miss Satori."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #661 on: March 05, 2010, 03:03:35 AM »
>"Not to mention I'm never going to be able to use the thing again. It's just...you know...defiled. Maybe I'm just superstitious."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #662 on: March 05, 2010, 04:18:19 AM »
> "I don't even like the thought that something I own was used to draw blood, and it nearly killed someone. Maybe I'm pathetic, maybe I'm just soft, but It still scares me none the less."
> "Either your guess at what I'm thinking, and getting it right every time, or your reading my mind. Both are kinda scary, but cool."

> Look around for Crows, Ravens, or any other type of bird thats completly Black/a really dark color. *Some say that Crows and Ravens are a bad omen, or bring misfortune, but they can't be all bad. Plus birds are kinda neat, so long as they don't try to peck you.* The stuff inside the ** is meant to be a thought, for Satori the young woman to attempt to read from the delivery guys mind :P

> "A fruit juice would be nice, Grape or Strawberry espcially so. Thank you for you kindness, Miss Satori."
> Satori answers from the kitchen.  "So, if having a knife used for violence bothers you, why do you carry it?  Wouldn't you use it to defend yourself?  And really, why did you give it to her in the first place?"
> "I used to try to hide the mind-reading, but it's just too much of a hassle.  I don't hide it around the pets, so it's easier to just embrace it.  Does it bother you?"
> "It's just cats on this floor.  I don't keep any ravens besides Okuu, and she's down at the Blaze right now.  I wouldn't call them a bad omen, they're really harmless.  It's all in your interpretation of them, some see them as lucky and others do not."
> Satori returns with a glass of grape juice.  "I don't think I've ever heard of Strawberry juice before, that seems like a rather impractical use of strawberries."

>"Not to mention I'm never going to be able to use the thing again. It's just...you know...defiled. Maybe I'm just superstitious."
> "Back to the knife again?  Once again, it's all in how you view it.  Cutting flesh is no different to a blade than cutting wood, and there's no inherent physical stigma that passes into the blade through the commission of violent acts.  If you assign that awful stigma you'll see it as dirty, but after you wash off the blood then it's the exact same knife as it was before, isn't it?"
> You take a sip of the grape juice.  You should have asked for something else, this reminds you too much of wine to be enjoyable.  Satori chuckles at the situation.  "You asked for it, should have given it some more consideration."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #663 on: March 05, 2010, 04:25:26 AM »
> "I'm not really bothered by the mind reading, I was more caught off guard by it. I in fact find it rather impressive and it sounds wonderful, but it is probably a pain for you at times."
> "By the way, who is this "Okuu" you mentioned, it doesn't sound like any sort of name I have ever heard before."

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #664 on: March 05, 2010, 04:26:00 AM »
>"Having the knife seemed like a good idea at the time  :ohdear:"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #665 on: March 05, 2010, 04:29:41 AM »
>"And yeah, you can wash it, but that doesn't change what it was used for, or the intentions that were there. You could wash it forever, it doesn't change that someone intentionally took it and stabbed it into the <proper location where Kaguya was stabbed> of another person. Even if they'll get better later, it was still done. Can't pretend otherwise."
>"I did. Ah well, it's at least sweeter than the stuff the oni were drinking."
>Contemplate asking if their are any scones. Then mentally apologize for being a pig; impulses are bastards.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #666 on: March 05, 2010, 04:48:52 AM »
> Think of sweet Momiji and her fluffy tail!

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #667 on: March 05, 2010, 01:02:43 PM »
> "I'm not really bothered by the mind reading, I was more caught off guard by it. I in fact find it rather impressive and it sounds wonderful, but it is probably a pain for you at times."
> "By the way, who is this "Okuu" you mentioned, it doesn't sound like any sort of name I have ever heard before."
> "It's useful for communicating with the animals, but it tends to drive others away.  Even though there are only oni down here, they don't come around very often as a result.  Honestly, there's not much going on in their heads though."
> "Ah, the way you thought about ravens I figured you would have known.  Okuu is my pet Hell Raven, she maintains the hell of Blazing Fires, which powers the Ancient City as well as Youkai Mountain.  I believe it also powers the Scarlet Devil Mansion, but it's not my concern."
> Satori sips from her own glass of juice, and you finally notice the "eye" she had mentioned.  Attached to the rope is an eye encased in a red lid, it looks directly at you and then glances away to take in the rest of the room.
> "Yes, that's what I meant by Third Eye.  This is what enables me to read your mind, though some would say heart."

>"Having the knife seemed like a good idea at the time  :ohdear:"
> "Indeed.  For a human with no offensive magical capabilities it's probably the only defense you have.  However, because you don't have that ability, you may encounter a rogue youkai who will take that as a sign to not abide by the spell-card rules.  In that situation, that knife will not help you at all."
> Maybe you should talk to one of the people Reimu mentioned, or Reimu again, during lunch. 
> "Probably a good idea, it certainly can't hurt."

>"And yeah, you can wash it, but that doesn't change what it was used for, or the intentions that were there. You could wash it forever, it doesn't change that someone intentionally took it and stabbed it into the <proper location where Kaguya was stabbed> of another person. Even if they'll get better later, it was still done. Can't pretend otherwise."
>"I did. Ah well, it's at least sweeter than the stuff the oni were drinking."
>Contemplate asking if their are any scones. Then mentally apologize for being a pig; impulses are bastards.
> "Again, you're assigning values of ethics and morality, which are abstract concepts, to a material object.  Nothing has physically changed about the knife, but yet your mind has decided that it's somehow now an evil thing.  Evil intent is one thing, but unless the knife is cursed, it's the same.  Why are you getting caught up on the purpose it was used for?  Objects are used for ill intent everyday and you usually will not know about it.  How is your knife special enough to be viewed differently than other knives?"
> Satori smirks, "Of course it is, hundreds of years of their ghastly sake and it's a wonder they can even taste anymore.  I'm not surprised it tastes off."
> "Don't apologize, I believe there might be one leftover.  Let me check."  Satori stands up and begins to return to the kitchen.

> Think of sweet Momiji and her fluffy tail!
> "Could you please refrain from those types of thoughts in my presence?  I dislike being subjected to those, and you are a guest after all."
> Satori returns with a small scone on an earthen plate.  "Blueberry may not pair well with that juice, but it's the only kind we have left."
> You take a bite.  It's a little dry, but it's not too heavy.  Either way, it's nice to get something into your stomach.  Lunch is coming up before long, best not to eat too much.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #668 on: March 05, 2010, 01:13:59 PM »
> "Well, Reimu herself said that I have plenty of potential, enough that my powers could have awoken on their own, but that I'm going to need to awaken them, or something. Do you have any ideas?"

> "I started think about ravens and such since I saw so many animals, I thought you might have birds here as well, and both Crows and Ravens are misunderstood by some people. Is Okuu really her name, or is it a nick-name, because I have never heard of a name such as that."

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #669 on: March 05, 2010, 01:39:50 PM »
>"Thanks for that little talk about the knife that I've been far too concerned about. I don't know why I got so worried over it, you're right a human without spellcards needs some way to defend himself. Sometimes you get a strange though or two in your head and it takes forever to get rid of it."

>Take another bite of the scone. We must be pretty hungry after that day we've had so far plus it's best not to be rude after receiving such kindness.

>"I must say I'm rather shocked at how nice and inviting everyone is here in the underground. I mean there are rumors about this place and while not all of them are bad no one has mentioned how inviting the people down here are. I don't believe the village treats people the same way."

>Look around the satori's home and take in all the sights. See if there are any pets around your feet that you could pet a little bit. Pets are always a treat to pet after all.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #670 on: March 05, 2010, 02:55:56 PM »
>Think about pie.
>Think about technology.
>Ask Satori how mind reading works. Is it controllable? Is there an off switch?
>Or just think that stuff in her general direction.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #671 on: March 05, 2010, 07:49:11 PM »
>"Thanks for that little talk about the knife that I've been far too concerned about. I don't know why I got so worried over it, you're right a human without spellcards needs some way to defend himself.

>Ill feelings don't just go away this easily. Instead we shall say:
>"You got a point about that things being used every day, but most of those things aren't used for intentionally killing people and most of them aren't mine. And these are easy things for you to say, when you weren't there to see it. I don't know how well you can see if from what I remember, especially since I'm trying not to think of it..."
>For reals. That'd just be mean.
>"But I suppose I shouldn't go around defenseless. At least until I can get the thing replaced."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #672 on: March 05, 2010, 09:53:55 PM »
> "Well, Reimu herself said that I have plenty of potential, enough that my powers could have awoken on their own, but that I'm going to need to awaken them, or something. Do you have any ideas?"

> "I started think about ravens and such since I saw so many animals, I thought you might have birds here as well, and both Crows and Ravens are misunderstood by some people. Is Okuu really her name, or is it a nick-name, because I have never heard of a name such as that."
> "Unfortunately, that is not my area of expertise.  Youkai such as myself don't have issues taping into our magic, did she give you the names of other humans to talk to?  She came down with a witch that one time, and I think there's another one at the top of the mountain.  Names escape me right now though."
> "I see.  Okuu is what I call her, so it's just as well her real name.  Doubtful that you've heard of a name like that or her real name to be honest; humans tend to have drastically different naming styles from youkai.  I wouldn't say she's misunderstood, but she has had issues with humans in the past."

>Think about pie.
>Think about technology.
>Ask Satori how mind reading works. Is it controllable? Is there an off switch?
>Or just think that stuff in her general direction.
> You decide to mess around with Satori.
> "Have you ever had the kitsune shikigami's blackberry pie?  Oh, it's absolutely divine!"
> "As you can surely see, we are not terribly advanced down here.  That distillery probably had the most advanced technology around here."
> "As you've noticed, the eye here can see you, and when it does it can read you.  It's quite simple really, and that information is relayed back to me.  The specifics of how aren't important, without a Third Eye you wouldn't be able to achieve it."
> The eye shifts again, seeming to rise up her shirt.

>"Thanks for that little talk about the knife that I've been far too concerned about. I don't know why I got so worried over it, you're right a human without spellcards needs some way to defend himself. Sometimes you get a strange though or two in your head and it takes forever to get rid of it."

>Take another bite of the scone. We must be pretty hungry after that day we've had so far plus it's best not to be rude after receiving such kindness.

>"I must say I'm rather shocked at how nice and inviting everyone is here in the underground. I mean there are rumors about this place and while not all of them are bad no one has mentioned how inviting the people down here are. I don't believe the village treats people the same way."

>Look around the satori's home and take in all the sights. See if there are any pets around your feet that you could pet a little bit. Pets are always a treat to pet after all.
>Ill feelings don't just go away this easily. Instead we shall say:
>"You got a point about that things being used every day, but most of those things aren't used for intentionally killing people and most of them aren't mine. And these are easy things for you to say, when you weren't there to see it. I don't know how well you can see if from what I remember, especially since I'm trying not to think of it..."
>For reals. That'd just be mean.
>"But I suppose I shouldn't go around defenseless. At least until I can get the thing replaced."
> "Well, let's presume that you're on a delivery, similar to now.  What would you do if I swiped your canteen and used it to bludgeon an oni to death before washing it off and returning it to you.  Assuming it wasn't dented, wouldn't it be the same canteen?  If you didn't know I had swiped it, how would you feel about it?  What if you kept using it for years before finding out that it had been an implement for murder?  This is just a hypothetical, but I hope you see my point.  Why worry about the values you assign to it?  In the end, it's just a tool."
> "They may be easy for me to say, but why is it difficult for you?  I've witnessed some particularly violent oni rows in the past, so I know what violence out of malice looks like, especially compared to violence out of defense.  Since we're applying theoretical values, isn't violence as defense more righteous than out of malice?  Why can't you differentiate between the two?"
> "No, you shouldn't be defenseless, but spell cards are not a be-all and catch-all of defense.  Gensokyo is still a dangerous place, especially for a human.  Even if you replaced it, would you hesitate to use a knife for defense?  You'd wind up in the same situation, is it practical to get a new knife every time one draws blood?"
> You eat some more of the scone while you digest her words.  A black cat with two tails and a red color leaps up next to Satori and lies down.  Satori pets her absentmindedly.
> "It's not often I get visitors, and I try to make all feel welcome here.  The oni love to make friends, but they also love a good fight, so don't become too comfortable.  New people show up rarely, so it's no surprise that you were welcomed."
> Aside from that black cat, there don't seem to be any other pets near you right now.  You suspect that most of them are outside.  The room you are in is quite barren.  The walls are decorated solely with mirrors, and there is only a couch across from the two chairs you and Satori occupy.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #673 on: March 05, 2010, 09:58:32 PM »
>Ponder many things, like shoes, and ships, and sealing-wax, like-*shot*
>Ask her if she can turn her mind reading off, or at least pick specific people to not read minds.
>Can she read her own mind?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #674 on: March 05, 2010, 10:07:24 PM »
>"The point is that I do know. I can't ignore what I do know. As for the rest, I just got to assume that people are smart enough not to go committing atrocities with tools. I don't want anything to do with that sort of thing. Defense or otherwise, killing people isn't right, even if they do get better afterwards. and just looking at the thing makes me sick now. Call it superstitious and silly if you want, but it's still how I feel. and you're talking about a new knife every time? There's a difference there. I wouldn't go after someone to kill them. If it happened by accident...well, yeah. I'd want not to have it around anymore. But I'd have bigger worries than that, you know? But if you're not worried about what it was used for, I'll trade you."

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #675 on: March 05, 2010, 11:25:13 PM »
>Think about the time we pointed to the heavens and Nitori started laughing

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #676 on: March 06, 2010, 01:00:39 AM »
>Ponder why we are so scared of a knife that was used by someone else in a manner of self-defense. Then hope we aren't this chicken when it comes to using the spellcards.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #677 on: March 06, 2010, 01:21:18 AM »
>Mostly because people who witness violent deaths when they aren't used to them aren't actually blase about it at all, and tend to be messed up by the experience. Especially when they had no real forewarning.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #678 on: March 06, 2010, 07:00:36 AM »
> Think of delivering Momiji's baby

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #679 on: March 06, 2010, 07:06:27 AM »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 07:30:53 AM by Manlyright »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #680 on: March 06, 2010, 07:22:36 AM »
>Don't do dis
>think about dancing bananas

Link Tally Hall's Banana Man song. It so fits :D

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #681 on: March 06, 2010, 06:13:19 PM »
>Ponder many things, like shoes, and ships, and sealing-wax, like-*shot*
>Ask her if she can turn her mind reading off, or at least pick specific people to not read minds.
>Can she read her own mind?
> "Well at least you're having fun I see."
> "No.  As long as the Eye is open, it sees everything.  There's really no way to hide from it."

>Think about the time we pointed to the heavens and Nitori started laughing
> Satori chuckles and continues to stroke her cat.  "What in the world made you decide to do something like that?"
> The cat bats at its red collar before curling up again.

>"The point is that I do know. I can't ignore what I do know. As for the rest, I just got to assume that people are smart enough not to go committing atrocities with tools. I don't want anything to do with that sort of thing. Defense or otherwise, killing people isn't right, even if they do get better afterwards. and just looking at the thing makes me sick now. Call it superstitious and silly if you want, but it's still how I feel. and you're talking about a new knife every time? There's a difference there. I wouldn't go after someone to kill them. If it happened by accident...well, yeah. I'd want not to have it around anymore. But I'd have bigger worries than that, you know? But if you're not worried about what it was used for, I'll trade you."
> "You're dodging the questions I've asked though.  Namely, why did you give the knife to her?  Why did you even take the knife back if it disgusts you so much?  You also claimed that killing isn't "right", but then what is objectively right?  Animals must be killed for meat, and plants must be killed for fruits and vegetables.  What are humans and youkai if not large animals?  Why make the distinction between them?  This may be getting off-topic though, but I'm interested to hear your opinions."

>Ponder why we are so scared of a knife that was used by someone else in a manner of self-defense. Then hope we aren't this chicken when it comes to using the spellcards.
>Mostly because people who witness violent deaths when they aren't used to them aren't actually blase about it at all, and tend to be messed up by the experience. Especially when they had no real forewarning.
> "But you're certainly not affected by it.  After the incident you treated her wounds, conversed with the spaz and went drinking with the oni.  An observer would say that you're being pretty blase about the murder."
> The cat's ears seem to twitch every time the words "murder" or "kill" are mentioned.
> "If your job is important to you that you can put a terrible experience behind you, why do you insist on getting caught up over the use of your knife?  You seem to be taking a stand against solely on principle, but what principle is that?  Why are you even trying to make that point?  What will you prove?  Who will you convince?  You seem to be forgetting that Gensokyo has existed in this state for hundreds of years; the citizens outside of the village are highly unlikely to change their ways based on something an inexperienced human says.  Your wolf tengu friend being an exception, but a low-level youkai is of no true importance to Gensokyo."
> Her eye is fixed solely upon you, and the cat is watching you with a curious gleam in its eyes.

> Think of delivering Momiji's baby
>Don't do dis
>think about dancing bananas
k
Link Tally Hall's Banana Man song. It so fits :D
> You really can't bring yourself to think of funny things to play around with Satori at this point, the mood is far too serious at this point.

>_

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #682 on: March 06, 2010, 06:43:39 PM »
>This voice saids to agree with satori. Thinking about all this stuff is just silly as it is just a plain old regular knife that we gave mokou to defend herself from what seemed to be an unprovoked attack. Plus, there are plently of violent youkai and humans alike in this world and we're going to need a way to defend ourselves. We can't expect that there is going to be no violence or bloodshed in our life when humans are at times consumed by said violent youkai. While we can make a difference in this world believing that their is going to be no bloodshed or violence is a plain foolish thought.

>"Well for our wolf tengu friend sometimes all it takes is a spark to set off a powder keg."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #683 on: March 06, 2010, 06:58:27 PM »
>"First, I'm not trying to change anyone. What those two do is disgusting and they ought to be ashamed of themselves, but you don't see me getting in the way of it, do you? Momiji was a different case, she was hurting someone who wanted no part of it. As for why I even got that stupid knife involved? I panicked, alright? Sometimes you do dumb things you regret when the world feels like it's falling apart. And blase about it my ass, I'm trying to forget it! I've been trying to get it out of my head since it happened. I'm trying to get on with my life as well as I can! Only reason I haven't just thrown the stupid thing away is because with my luck, I'd just be littering some youkai's territory and dig myself an earlier grave than already.
>Sigh. "Sorry. I'm getting irate. But maybe you're right, maybe I do want people to stop being jerks to each other and am generally willing to take a stand for it. What's wrong with that? So what if Momiji is a 'low-level youkai', whatever that means. Who cares? If she comes out of it being a bit more thoughtful, then isn't that a good thing. Or are you saying it if doesn't affect everything forever, there's no point in trying?"
>"As for your last question...well...there's not much I can do about it having to eat. But, well, I'd argue it's not the same thing as people killing each other for no reason whatsoever. You say we're just large animals, and I guess you'd know more about that than I do. I always just kinda assumed they were lower on the wheel of reincarnation, what with not having language or art or apparent ethics. But from the way you asked that, maybe it's not the case? You seem to know a lot more about them than I do. So I guess the difference is there's no way to avoid having to eat, but there is a way to avoid having to kill someone who's hostile toward you."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 07:09:40 PM by Robespurvis »

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #684 on: March 06, 2010, 08:53:40 PM »
>This voice saids to agree with satori. Thinking about all this stuff is just silly as it is just a plain old regular knife that we gave mokou to defend herself from what seemed to be an unprovoked attack. Plus, there are plently of violent youkai and humans alike in this world and we're going to need a way to defend ourselves. We can't expect that there is going to be no violence or bloodshed in our life when humans are at times consumed by said violent youkai. While we can make a difference in this world believing that their is going to be no bloodshed or violence is a plain foolish thought.

>"Well for our wolf tengu friend sometimes all it takes is a spark to set off a powder keg."
> You consider agreeing with Satori just to end the conversation.
> "You're not enjoying this?  How disappointing."
> "No, and especially not for the tengu.  In fact, did you really change her?  All you did was make her question why she did the work that she was supposed to.  She may find a new purpose, or ask a few more questions, but she'll still blindly upload the law like she was trained to do.  Tengu society is so hierarchical and so ingrained that a chance of a shake-up is nigh impossible.  Oh, but you aren't trying to change anyone, isn't that right?"

>"First, I'm not trying to change anyone. What those two do is disgusting and they ought to be ashamed of themselves, but you don't see me getting in the way of it, do you? Momiji was a different case, she was hurting someone who wanted no part of it. As for why I even got that stupid knife involved? I panicked, alright? Sometimes you do dumb things you regret when the world feels like it's falling apart. And blase about it my ass, I'm trying to forget it! I've been trying to get it out of my head since it happened. I'm trying to get on with my life as well as I can! Only reason I haven't just thrown the stupid thing away is because with my luck, I'd just be littering some youkai's territory and dig myself an earlier grave than already.
>Sigh. "Sorry. I'm getting irate. But maybe you're right, maybe I do want people to stop being jerks to each other and am generally willing to take a stand for it. What's wrong with that? So what if Momiji is a 'low-level youkai', whatever that means. Who cares? If she comes out of it being a bit more thoughtful, then isn't that a good thing. Or are you saying it if doesn't affect everything forever, there's no point in trying?"
>"As for your last question...well...there's not much I can do about it having to eat. But, well, I'd argue it's not the same thing as people killing each other for no reason whatsoever. You say we're just large animals, and I guess you'd know more about that than I do. I always just kinda assumed they were lower on the wheel of reincarnation, what with not having language or art or apparent ethics. But from the way you asked that, maybe it's not the case? You seem to know a lot more about them than I do. So I guess the difference is there's no way to avoid having to eat, but there is a way to avoid having to kill someone who's hostile toward you."

> "A lie from the beginning?  You're trying to change yourself!  And you did get in the way of them by handing over the knife.  Maybe you weren't thinking, but don't claim to not be involved when the outcome directly hinged on your action."
> "Was Momiji really hurting Chen?  She didn't seem to care too much down in the Kappa Village.  Did you even ask her how she felt?"
> "And so you go drinking with the oni to erase the memory?  Memories don't disappear though, and being able to recall them is a great strength.  You'd rather bury any kind of harmful memory away within yourself than to face it?  Where do you think non-physical strength comes from?  You don't have to constantly dwell on it, but you shouldn't completely ignore it either.  Especially with those two, it's something you get used to from what I understand."
> Satori nods.  "Anger can be a gift though, it contrasts nicely with your idealized view of society.  You're like every other human who ventures out of the village, ready to change the lives of the heathen youkai!  Those types never last very long, and it would benefit you greatly to know your place.  And so what if you change someone's thought process?  If the end result is unchanged then you've accomplished nothing!  Perhaps a moral victory, maybe a nice pat on the back?  Nothing to be too proud about."
> "The cycle of life involves death, even for youkai with the gift of long life.  The end comes eventually and is a natural part of life.  How can you say that's wrong?  Whether or not you eat the flesh to survive, something still had to die."
> The cat hisses at you and leaps off of Satori's chair, running towards the kitchen.  You hear the sound of pots rattling, but Satori has all her eyes glued on you.
> "What's next?"

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #685 on: March 06, 2010, 09:40:48 PM »
>"I chose some of my words and meanings poorly, forgive me. What I meant before was that I wasn't trying to change anyone in that circumstance with Mokou and Kaguya.
>"Before I continue, I want to be certain I have the gist of your argument correctly. I may be misinterpreting your meaning, or simply seeing it through my own view a little too strongly. You say I should know my place, and seem to be insinuating any efforts I make are futile. You seem to be insinuating I shouldn't be bothering to try. Have I gotten your meaning wrong?"

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #686 on: March 07, 2010, 12:43:06 AM »
>"Would you believe me if I told you my actions were being controlled by a parser and a bunch of people?"

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #687 on: March 07, 2010, 03:57:14 AM »
>Speaking of which, the locals mentioned a 'bad person' named Yukari. Information on this person couldn't possibly hurt.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 03:59:52 AM by headcrabs »

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #688 on: March 07, 2010, 04:17:17 AM »
>Sport a grin as you continue the conversation.

>"I would say I'm enjoy the conversation. It's nice to match your views of the world against someone else's to see how they match up with one another. One needs experience and conflict in this world to grow."

>Get a bit relaxed as you continue the conversation.

>"Too tell you the truth I'm not exactly show how shaken up chen was by having momiji carry her away from the kappa village. I see the reasoning behind it but it's just not fair for the tengus to say who or who can't enter their village just based their race. Chen had done nothing wrong in that situation and was behind harassed for no good reason."

>"I suppose I can see what you mean when it comes to the whole Mokou and Kaguya feud. I don't really know much about them and I reacted to what came natural. AKA, freaking out that I might have been an accomplice to a murder. I suppose I'm still a bit shaken up from the event but I'm sure it's something that I will eventually grow accustomed too."

>Quirk an eyebrow as you begin your next little speech.

>"Where do you happen to be pulling all this "ready to change the lives of the heathen youkai!" garbage from? The fact that I tried to talk to momiji about fighting for what she believes is right rather then blindly listening to orders? That's a bit far-fetched and it would almost seem like you're slapping a label on me before you even get a chance to know me. Also, even if I didn't change anything about Momiji I believe it's the effort that counts in the end. Momiji saw a human or maybe just a person that cared about her and wanted her to live a happier life. Even if she goes back to being a stubborn girl following the law to the letter the memory of what I said to her won't just disappear."

>"Also, if you would be so kind as to tell me, what is my place in life. Where do I stand in this world? You seem to have all the answers do you not?"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #689 on: March 07, 2010, 04:33:21 AM »
>"Would you believe me if I told you my actions were being controlled by a parser and a bunch of people?"
> The eye on Satori's chest goes wild, darting back and forth looking for other people.  Satori just gives you a look that speaks volumes as to her disbelief.

>"I chose some of my words and meanings poorly, forgive me. What I meant before was that I wasn't trying to change anyone in that circumstance with Mokou and Kaguya.
>"Before I continue, I want to be certain I have the gist of your argument correctly. I may be misinterpreting your meaning, or simply seeing it through my own view a little too strongly. You say I should know my place, and seem to be insinuating any efforts I make are futile. You seem to be insinuating I shouldn't be bothering to try. Have I gotten your meaning wrong?"
> "You did come across as particularly strong in your convictions about them.  I suppose I misunderstood that."
> "You seem to be misunderstanding as well.  Pardon me for not being perfectly clear, but I am not trying to chide you.  I'm looking more for a "why", do you understand?  I'd like to know why people like you do the things you do.  Call it jealousy, but my sister has the ability to read the subconscious of others, and that's a skill I desire.  Since I cannot read them like I read thoughts with my eye, I have to try to get inside your head with words alone.  In my time working on this, I've found that provoking someone to be angry is the most efficient way to get them to reveal themselves.  I don't mean to offend, but it's the best way for me to get inside your head."
> "So please," her eye settling once again, "Enlighten me."

>_