Author Topic: 30 minutes or it's free!  (Read 147968 times)

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
Re: 30 minutes or it's free!
« Reply #570 on: March 02, 2010, 03:54:29 AM »
>Examine her ears

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #571 on: March 02, 2010, 04:04:53 AM »
> Approach the person who called out to us and say "Hello their :)"
> "You heading into the city?  You have business in there or something?  You don't seem like a tourist, or a drinker, so I gotta know."

>Examine her ears
> You look for her ears and find they are somewhat hidden under her hair.  They seem to be pointy from the little you can see of them.
> "Excuse me, I'm Parsee and I guard the bridge.  Who are you?"

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #572 on: March 02, 2010, 04:14:04 AM »
> "I am a delivery man from *insert company name here*, my name is *insert name here*. Miss Aya of Tengu Village asked me to bring this package to Lady Satori of The Palace of Earth Spirits."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #573 on: March 02, 2010, 04:18:16 AM »
> "I am a delivery man from *insert company name here*, my name is *insert name here*. Miss Aya of Tengu Village asked me to bring this package to Lady Satori of The Palace of Earth Spirits."
> "Of course, delivering packages.  We really don't get many of you down here very often.  Please, enjoy your visit."
> "Aya?  Oh, the tengu that talks too fast with the camera, I remember her.  Stops in for tea on occasion.  Not the best company, but she can be pretty entertaining.  This your first time here?"

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #574 on: March 02, 2010, 04:22:31 AM »
This your first time here?

> "Actually yes. By the way, some green haired girl in a bucket and some blonde haired woman were trying to talk to me but I could not understand them at all. Are they normal, or do they always sound so... so... interesting?" Make sure the "so... so... interesting?" part is said in a way that shows we had trouble finding the right word.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #575 on: March 02, 2010, 04:27:35 AM »
> "Actually yes. By the way, some green haired girl in a bucket and some blonde haired woman were trying to talk to me but I could not understand them at all. Are they normal, or do they always sound so... so... interesting?" Make sure the "so... so... interesting?" part is said in a way that shows we had trouble finding the right word.
> "Oh, you ran into them?  Ignore them, their speech patterns are quite annoying but they're harmless.  They just hide out there to surprise travelers, and to rob them.  There's a reason they don't live in the city though.  It gets rather boring out here, but I can only handle so much of those two.  Don't worry though, no one can understand what they say, they aren't indicative of the rest of the village.  Speaking of, do you know where you're going?"

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #576 on: March 02, 2010, 04:31:07 AM »
>"Not really. What are the major sights and stuff?"

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #577 on: March 02, 2010, 04:33:21 AM »
> " This is my first time in the underground city, is there anything or anyone I should watch out for?"

Did... did Kisume and Yamame just call us a homosexual in cockney slang?
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #578 on: March 02, 2010, 04:39:36 AM »
It's an honest mistake, I'd argue.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #579 on: March 02, 2010, 12:05:52 PM »
>"Not really. What are the major sights and stuff?"
> "Well, you must know that the city is almost entirely oni, so pubs and taverns and the like are a big draw down here.  But you're on a job, so you don't need to be going to those places.  There's also the Palace of the Earth Spirits, it's on a hill at the far end of the city, you can't miss it.  It's great to look at and the mistress inside will sometimes give tours.  It's interesting because the construction is nothing like the rest of the city."
> "Beyond those, the market around the square is always a good bet.  It surrounds a beautiful fountain, and statues of the 4 Devas, you just have to see those!  Let's see, there's the sake distillery, but you probably shouldn't go there during work.  Oh, and The Ring.  It's the place to go watch an oni fight.  They're always trying to prove that they're the strongest."

> " This is my first time in the underground city, is there anything or anyone I should watch out for?"
> "To watch out for?  No one in particular.  Tough as they claim to be, oni won't mess with outsiders unless they're provoked.  Unless you fancy getting laid out, I wouldn't even try drinking with them, they may take that as a challenge.  Just don't walk around like you're the baddest around and they probably won't even bat an eye.  Actually, there is one oni to know about: name's Yuugi I think.  She isn't bad, but she's usually the first one to embrace outsiders.  She's pretty harmless, but she can be pretty aggressive at first.  Anything else?"

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #580 on: March 02, 2010, 12:51:13 PM »
> "So when dealing with Oni and trying to avoid a fight, it IS how I was told, just shut up and be good."
> "What can you tell me about the mistress of the Palace of Earth Spirits? Can I assume that it's Lady Satori?"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #581 on: March 02, 2010, 03:16:51 PM »
> 'Can I touch your ears?'

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #582 on: March 02, 2010, 07:42:07 PM »
> "So when dealing with Oni and trying to avoid a fight, it IS how I was told, just shut up and be good."
> "What can you tell me about the mistress of the Palace of Earth Spirits? Can I assume that it's Lady Satori?"
> "Actually, it's not that easy.  You can't just keep your head down and avoid them.  Chances are good that they'll talk to you and try to get you involved with a party or what not.  You gotta be friendly, if you just clam up they might get mad and then, you know.  Don't be overly friendly either, that might offend them and then, you know."
> "Actually, you'll probably just be fine.  Don't worry too much about it."
> "Is that her?  I'm not sure exactly, I've never been.  I heard she can read minds though!  Isn't that creepy?  It's so weird!"

> 'Can I touch your ears?'
> "Huh?  Oh, I guess so."
> She tucks her hair behind her left ear, and it's pointed just like you thought.  You reach out and touch it.  Surprisingly, it doesn't feel much different from your own.  Her cartilage is a lot firmer to retain the pointy shape better, and she doesn't have earlobes.  When combined with her green eyes, these ears really make her look like an elf.  You've only read about them, but you assume elves have green eyes.
> "I've never really had anyone ask to touch my ears before.  What's your reason?"

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #583 on: March 02, 2010, 07:45:07 PM »
> 'I'm jealous of your nice ears'

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #584 on: March 02, 2010, 07:50:15 PM »
> 'I'm jealous of your nice ears'
> "Really?  I guess they are more practical than horns, but yet they still add a sense of style that really sets you off from other people.  I like your hat too, it's a great color for you.  Do you have to go deliver your package right now?"

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #585 on: March 02, 2010, 08:06:04 PM »
> 'Yeah I better get going. See you again on the way out I guess.'

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #586 on: March 02, 2010, 08:08:55 PM »
> 'Yeah I better get going. See you again on the way out I guess.'
> "Aw, that's a shame you have to go right now.  I would have invited you in.  Are you sure you wouldn't like to come in?"

>_
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:19:56 PM by VV Top »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #587 on: March 02, 2010, 08:52:02 PM »
>"Maybe later, if I have the time. But it's hard not to chat with all the interesting new people I meet, you know?"
>Citywards!

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #588 on: March 02, 2010, 09:52:20 PM »
>"Maybe later, if I have the time. But it's hard not to chat with all the interesting new people I meet, you know?"
>Citywards!
> Parsee pouts.  "You better come back then."
> You set off over the bridge and soon arrive at the outskirts of the Ancient City.  The buildings are similar in construction to those in the Human Village, but you're distracted by the smell.  It's a powerful stench permeating from everywhere in the City all at once, smelling like sake naturally as well as a healthy dose of sick.  Gulping the last truly fresh air you would have for quite some time, you set off into the city.
> You'd heard that the oni love to drink, but what greets you is excessive: every third building seems to be a bar, pub, tavern or watering hole.  Oni of all different intoxication levels stumble through the streets, from bars to stores or from stores into bars.  With some amusement, you note that not a one of them is sober.
> Luckily for you, your plan of not bringing attention to yourself seems to work and you make it to the City Square without incident.  An abundance of market carts abound throughout the square, with no heed paid to their placement.  In the very middle of the square is an immense bronze fountain, surprisingly elaborate considering its location, and shined to a brilliant gleam. 
> Four statues just beyond the pool mark the Cardinal Directions.  A plaque on fountain reads "Fountain of the Four Devas of the Mountain."  Oddly, none of the statues are labeled with names.  They must be great oni indeed to still be known, or possibly still alive.  You note that the oni to the North looks like Suika.
> While examining the Suika-looking statue closer, you suddenly feel a great hand on your shoulder, strong enough to buckle your knees.
> "Yo!  Diggin' that look?" comes a voice surprisingly unslurred.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #589 on: March 02, 2010, 10:06:19 PM »
> Turn around.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #590 on: March 02, 2010, 10:38:53 PM »
> Turn around.

> And give that big booty a smack

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #591 on: March 02, 2010, 11:28:31 PM »
>Give a blank wide eyed stare

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #592 on: March 03, 2010, 12:55:44 AM »
> Turn around.
> You turn around as best you can and take a look behind you.  Standing there is an oni about your height, with her eyes closed and a big grin.  Her curly red hair clashes terribly with her atrocious yellow dress.  Like most oni, she has horns growing from her head; her two horns looking like those of a Bighorn Ewe.
> "Saw ya staring at ol' Sui there, ya know her or something?  Or maybe you're that kind that likes flat chests eh?"  She laughs heartily, thrusting her heavy chest out in exaggeration.

> And give that big booty a smack
> Her hand is still on your shoulder, and your arms aren't nearly long enough to reach around her.
> "Whoops, sorry 'bout that, bet you'd like to feel your arm again.  HAHAHA!" 
> Her laugh is pretty piercing, but at least she lets go of your arm.

>Give a blank wide eyed stare
> You stare blankly, unable to figure out exactly what's happening.
> "Lawdy where are my manners, shoulda introduced myself.  Name's Mami.  Look close and you'll see me over there." 
> She gestures towards the oni statue to the West.  Surprisingly, it looks like her, though with bigger horns.  Maybe she filed hers down.
> "Silent type huh?  Hell, I like you, come on!  Four o' us are meeting for a drink.  If'n you know Sui, she'd love to have you!"
> She grabs your arm, you wonder if she knows her own strength.

>_

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #593 on: March 03, 2010, 01:00:32 AM »
>"Yeah, I met her at the Suika residence."
>Is this okay?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #594 on: March 03, 2010, 01:09:33 AM »
> Go along with it for now.  Don't wanna piss off any oni.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #595 on: March 03, 2010, 01:33:58 AM »
>"Just for a little bit, though. I got a job to do. Hey, can you tell me the quick way to the Palace of the Earth Spirits?"

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #596 on: March 03, 2010, 01:46:31 AM »
> "I don't think a drink or two would be a problem, but after that I'll have to leave, since I'm being sent all over the place to deliver stuff."

Gotta sound willing to go along for a drink or two, but we also have to mention that we can't br drinking until dawn tomorrow, so to speak.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #597 on: March 03, 2010, 05:33:59 AM »
>"Yeah, I met her at the Suika residence."
>Is this okay?
> "Oh yeah, you're from the surface ain't ya?  She hangs out a lot over at Armpit's, seen her there?"
> Don't ask me, I'm just the parser.

> Go along with it for now.  Don't wanna piss off any oni.
> You decide that resisting Mami would be even more painful, so you follow along as she drags you through the square.
> "Tell you what, you may think you can hold it down, but you ain't partied til you've done it with an oni!"

>"Just for a little bit, though. I got a job to do. Hey, can you tell me the quick way to the Palace of the Earth Spirits?"
> "A little bit?  That ain't how you party with the oni, specially not us Devas."
> "Palace?  Big building way over yonder.  Why you going there?  She's such a bore, never wants to party.  Hey, here's a tip: don't trust anyone that don't party."
> She continues to pull you through the streets, before the two of you finally arrive at bar that really looks no different from any other bar you've seen, aside from the sign reading "Closed".

> "I don't think a drink or two would be a problem, but after that I'll have to leave, since I'm being sent all over the place to deliver stuff."
> "That's the spirit, you gotta start small or you ain't never gonna keep up.  C'mon, the girls'll love you."
> She kicks the door and it flies open with slam.  The bar is empty inside except for a square table in the middle with three other oni already sitting at it.  You recognize one as Suika, and the other two look like the remaining statues.  One wears a T-shirt with long blond hair and has a single horn growing from her forehead.  The second had long black hair pulled back into a single braid and wears a powder-blue yukata tied very sloppily and revealing her white slip underneath.  She has two horns on top of her head growing straight upwards.  You wonder how awkward it must be for them to have horns sometimes.
> "Maaaaaaa, where have you been?  We were about to start the next round without you."  The one in the yukata tries to stand but quickly falls back down and decides to remain sitting.
> "Sorry Eriiiiiiiiii, I woulda come earlier but I found this guy staring at Sui's statue."  She shoves you forward and you stumble a bit before regaining your footing.
> "Ah, it's that guy from Rei-rei's  I told you about him right.  Mr. Super Magic Man, ain't that right?"  Suika leers at you.
> "Oi Sui, you know him?" The blond one nudges Suika's arm.
> "Oh yeah Yuug, he came to shrine an' Rei-rei gave him a read.  Freaked out and scared it, said she'd never seen ANYTHING SO GREAT!"  Suika and the blond hair collapse into a laughing fit, which you suspect is at Reimu's expense.
> Another violent shove from behind and you're soon catching your balance before the table. 
> "Wait so, Suika met this guy today, why's he here for this?"  Yukata oni finally stands up and points at you.
> "He seemed fun, but he never partied before.  Figured he had to see a real oni party, show him how the Devas do it eh?  Y'all with me?"  Mami raises her hand for emphasis, followed shortly by Suika, sitting up from rolling on the floor.  Blond oni follows suit and glares at Yukata oni.
> "Ugh, fine.  But if he ain't fun then I'm taking you to The Ring eh Maa?"
> "Fine fine, though I always beat you Erii."
> The table is slightly rectangular, with Suika and Blond oni seated on one side, and Yukata oni seated on the other side with Mami taking a place next to her.  Seeing nowhere else to reasonably sit, you remove your courier bag and sit at the head of the table, Suika on your right and Mami on your left.
> "Ahhhh," Suika lets out a tiny shriek, "you don't know us yet.  Mami there is the Deva of the West, Yuugi with the blond hair is the Deva of the East and Erii over there is Deva of the South.  Course, I'm the North Deva."
> Yuugi cuts in, "Great, he knows us now.  Let's get this started!  Oi!  Bring it!"
> An oni in a shirt and tie emerges from a curtain carrying a tray stacked with cups, dishes and bottles.  She leaves it at the foot of the table before retreating.
> Erii and Yuugi grab for the tray, scoring dishes and bottles for themselves and passing the tray towards Mami.  Mami grabs a bottle and cup as Yuugi scoffs.
> "Cheatin' to us a cup, you know that."
> "Dishes spill and you know that!  Get more to my mouth this way."
> "Spill? Heh, watch this."  Yuugi pours a small amount of liquid into her dish, then balances it on her finger before giving it a twirl.  Despite the spinning, not a drop flies out.
> Mami rolls her eyes, unimpressed.  "Oh goody, parlor tricks.  Why not wait til I can enjoy them first?  Ain't nearly drunk enough."
> "Feh, you're just missing out."  She quickly drains her dish into her gullet before starting into a new serving.
> Suika reaches over and set a bottle and dish before you.  "I'll help you through this, ain't too bad."  She pours the dish almost full of liquid before setting down the bottle.  "Just drink and don't spill it, simple yeah?"
> "Suiiii, ain't you gonna drink our sake this time?"
> "No way, best sake's here in th' gourd."  Suika picks up her gourd and shakes it for emphasis, the contents sloshing about.
> Erii chuckles.  "She's just lucky to get that since she's the only one that's flat as a board."  She pushes her breasts together for emphasis, as Yuugi howls with laughter.
> Suika takes a swig and points at Erii.  "Hey, watch yourself."
> Your attention returns to the sake before you.  The dish is a deep red, while the sake itself is an opaque milky color.  You lift it to your nose and sniff, nearly recoiling at how strong it smells.  You've had sips of sake before, but nothing like this.

>_

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #598 on: March 03, 2010, 05:39:02 AM »
>Drink small sips
>If we get drunk give out drunbk awards

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #599 on: March 03, 2010, 05:49:07 AM »
>Drink small sips
>If we get drunk give out drunbk awards
> You start off with a single sip.  The alcohol burns your throat as it goes down, and your sinuses clear up immediately.
> Suika watches you, grinning.  "Aw, baby's first drink?  You party with us, you gotta do better.  Drain it!"
> "Yeah," Mami chimes in, "it'll be easier if you just slam it back."
> Instead you take another small sip.  The sake rolls over your tongue easily, and has a taste that is somewhat bitter, yet finishes quite clean.  It may be strong, but it's quite good.
> "How disappointing."  Yuugi is leaning over to watch you.  She sucks her dish back and goes for another.
> "C'mon, you at least gotta finish that dish.  They serve us the best they can get their hands on, you ain't never gonna find it this good anywhere else.  Well, except from my gourd."  Suika giggles and takes another swig.

>_