Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 207676 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #780 on: January 31, 2020, 01:25:24 AM »
Okay the Floor 90 boss battle was hilarious and not at all what I was expecting. Good show.

Gonna try to finish off Floor 100 tonight!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #781 on: January 31, 2020, 09:36:22 AM »
Spoiler:
Tower 2 Finished.  Abby gets maximum head pats and pancakes.
All Interludes and Rank-Ups taken care of... until either the next set comes out or I land someone new.
Hit Master Level 140.

I think part of the difficulty of floor 80-2 was that
Spoiler:
you're up against 3 classes and none of them is a Berserker

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #782 on: January 31, 2020, 12:48:04 PM »
The
Spoiler:
differing classes
weren't too much a problem, I brought
Spoiler:
a Jack/Enkidu/Sanzang squad
because I know what challenging battles are about and that's pretty much the optimal 3-person team to bring if you see
Spoiler:
a Rider/Assassin/Archer enemy group and you have good reason to believe it'll be all female Servants
. My problem was I got lazycocky and left
Spoiler:
Jing Ke
alive way longer than I really should have and it came back to bite me by distracting just long enough for
Spoiler:
Drake to PotS on a four-charge turn and then wipe out last-Servant-standing Jack with consecutive crits in the two following attacks

I played things a lot smarter the second time around and had no issues whatsoever. Go figure. :V

EDIT: Just cleared the final fight! My grand master plan of
Spoiler:
Hokusai/Enkidu/Jack Evade alldayerryday
was foiled by
Spoiler:
that stupid permanent unremovable Ignore Invincible
but hey what are ya gonna do. It still went swimmingly, even if I had to pseudo-cheat by
Spoiler:
throwing in Mash as a backup/4th just in case of emergency (which ended up being necessary when Jack got sparked in the face)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:24:56 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #783 on: January 31, 2020, 05:27:04 PM »
EDIT: Just cleared the final fight! My grand master plan of
Spoiler:
Hokusai/Enkidu/Jack Evade alldayerryday
was foiled by
Spoiler:
that stupid permanent unremovable Ignore Invincible
but hey what are ya gonna do. It still went swimmingly, even if I had to pseudo-cheat by
Spoiler:
throwing in Mash as a backup/4th just in case of emergency (which ended up being necessary when Jack got sparked in the face)
I opted for
Spoiler:
Abby/Ozy/Assassin Emiya/Waver/Eggplant.  AEmiya and Mash's role was to target focus themselves to eat his NP's while the others charged each other's NP.  I got lucky when Golden self charged himself and then he NP'd Emiya anyway.

It's fights like these fuels my belief in
Spoiler:
Abby>Hokusai.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #784 on: February 01, 2020, 01:30:38 PM »
I agree that I would have preferred having the other for that fight. But I only have who I have. :V I think I like who I have in most situations anyway, even if the other is better for non-mob boss fights.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #785 on: February 01, 2020, 11:28:31 PM »
Another CQ falls to my lack of attention span to properly strategize and the sheer power of NP3 Rhongomyniad spamming. 4 turns because I forgot to equip the summer mystic code for invuln pierce even though I explicitly told my friend I would try it. So I had to sit through the 5 hit evade

Currently on (cleared) floor 160, I think I can finish it in one more sitting probably? Most of my time had been spent grinding in mhw iceborne with my squad rather than setsubun lol I'm falling behind a bit now

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #786 on: February 02, 2020, 03:22:44 AM »
I spent Floor 200 with
Spoiler:
Mash/Hokusai/Passionlip
. There was a backup
Spoiler:
Meltryllis
, but miss AoE makes up for her... well, AoE NP with the rest of her kit crashing in hard. It's just a bit of a shame that final bar has cleanse on break.
Spoiler:
Also, Hokusai's NP gets the Special Attack buff because Kintoki's Human Attribute!

On reflection, d'Eon's Taunt could be more effective than the other options; your Taunter is all but guaranteed to die to NP barring Guts shenanigans, so having that three turn window would help a lot more.

I didn't find the drunkards too hard; then again, I was using Kiara to go stuff the Cavalry into a hole well before either of them could be a threat.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 03:43:16 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #787 on: February 03, 2020, 08:47:53 AM »
This year chocolate adventure begins, and a new assassin lurks in the event gacha.
Plus previous years' gifts provide a currency drop bonus.  Also, you cannot buy extra copies from the event shop if you already have the gift.  ALSO, these gifts only cost the same as a 2* CE when used in battle.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 08:56:59 AM by Aya Reiko »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #788 on: February 04, 2020, 05:21:23 AM »
In my continuing adventures in 25spoopy8me, my 10-roll on the Semiramis banner got me both a rank up Assassin, and a gold ring Assassin.

Both of them were Assassin Paraiso.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #789 on: February 04, 2020, 01:06:25 PM »
I got spooked by Carmilla myself. :(
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #790 on: February 04, 2020, 07:29:01 PM »
I had a buddy get the ol' Stheno Special followed almost immediately by Semiramis. A double trick!

Not me though, I'm still fishing for more Ibaraki NP levels. If I pulled a Kintoki or a Raikou then THEY would be the spooks!

Incidentally, what's the functional difference between the chocolates and the gifts as far as Valentines CEs go? Are they identical?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #791 on: February 05, 2020, 08:17:32 AM »
I had a buddy get the ol' Stheno Special followed almost immediately by Semiramis. A double trick!

Not me though, I'm still fishing for more Ibaraki NP levels. If I pulled a Kintoki or a Raikou then THEY would be the spooks!

Incidentally, what's the functional difference between the chocolates and the gifts as far as Valentines CEs go? Are they identical?
You mean the CE's from male servants and the CE's from female servants?  If that, nothing at all.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #792 on: February 05, 2020, 01:24:51 PM »
No, I mean the chocolate CEs versus the gift CEs. There are two separate lists of them, are they different in any way? They don't seem to be.

« Reply #793 on: February 05, 2020, 08:36:05 PM »
There's one list to receive chocolates (from female servants) and one list to receive return gifts (from males), but they are functionally identical though, it's just a male/female thing.

Astolfo, d'Eon and a few others, being technically classified genderless in FGO, can gift you chocolates as well as give you a gift in return for chocolates, so they are on both lists and have a different CE in each list.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #794 on: February 05, 2020, 09:01:32 PM »
Oooh, is that how it works? I thought both lists included the whole cast but that's just because I looked up Astolfo first on both of them. And also noticed that Enkidu was on both. I didn't realize most of the cast was only on one. That makes sense.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #795 on: February 09, 2020, 06:29:59 AM »
Gave chase to completing the "Little Ones" trio.  Instead I got spooked by Osakabehime and completed the E-Pen-Pals trio instead.  Also NP4'd Nitocris.

edit-

NP3'd MeduLily and NP4'd Liz, but not Jack or Semi.
And this makes my choice for the next GSSR a bit tougher; Assassin or Berzerker.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 08:00:38 AM by Aya Reiko »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #796 on: February 11, 2020, 12:16:30 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/Kilgamayan/status/1227204176071008257

First try, no Command Seals. Only survivor was <2000 HP Mash, so I cut it really close, but they got the job done.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 12:18:13 PM by Kilgamayan »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #797 on: February 14, 2020, 04:59:35 AM »
So once all of the production upgrades are purchased is there a reason to keep using the shop CE? Can excess pink bottles be used for anything?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #798 on: February 14, 2020, 05:37:08 AM »
Sell 'em for QP once the event is over.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #799 on: February 14, 2020, 08:00:10 AM »
So once all of the production upgrades are purchased is there a reason to keep using the shop CE? Can excess pink bottles be used for anything?
The Flavor Bottles can be sold at the shop for 10k QP for each bottle after the event concludes.  If you've already emptied out the shop and gotten 60 Million chocolates, it's probably more economical for your AP to do the Daily Quests instead.

I know the Valentine's scenes become voiced next year, but would already owning the gift CEs be enough to unlock them in the Event Quest Logs? Or should I burn them all?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #800 on: February 14, 2020, 01:25:40 PM »
Is that a good QP rate? I guess it's pretty good. But I have everything unlocked and am nowhere near having all of the chocolate rewards or having everything I want from the shop, so I guess at this point I can start using at least some conventional farming CEs.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #801 on: February 14, 2020, 05:54:36 PM »
It's not bad but it's not as cost-effective as simply farming the 40 AP doors as one normally would. (Particularly since you can Lunchtime the doors.) If you still have shop/chocolist rewards to go for, though, then there's no reason to not continue using the Flavor Boost drop CEs unless you don't have enough space for them.

Regarding the voiced Valentine's cutscenes, I imagine that you can just hold onto the CEs and check the Event Quest Logs next year. If they're not voiced, burn all the CEs then and just get 'em all back.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 05:58:16 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #802 on: February 15, 2020, 03:41:55 AM »
You have to earn the voices by buying the events again, so you'll need to burn them at some point.

That said, they're decent CE EXP cards, and you should save five for the initial boost to event currency.

The grind is brutality. At max, you can only get 700,700 chocos per run. Just getting from 30M to 60M to 100% the event takes 49 runs. If you already aren't burned out from lottery farming back during Christmas and Da Vinci, you will be. If you're going for 100%.

In Challenge Quest news, Hokusai is unfortunately not ideal, so I had to run Meltryllis and Okita. Ugh enemy triple crits, though.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 03:46:02 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #803 on: February 16, 2020, 06:28:44 AM »
Well... that just happened.

I just NP3'd Angry Mango.
Just after I reached Bond Level 10 with him too.

- - -
edit
- - -

The Garden of Sinners re-run is inbound.  And this will be our one and only time to acquire 4* Asagami Fujino.  (Unless the JP servers has a banner w/ her again.  Even then, it would mean you're waiting 2+ years for another chance.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 06:38:52 AM by Aya Reiko »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #804 on: February 17, 2020, 01:26:40 PM »
Is the Valentines event FGO's grindiest event? I'm still not even close to the last ladder rewards and I feel like I've been playing this event a normal amount. I guess I'm just not going to get the last few, which is no big deal but not necessarily something I'm used to.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #805 on: February 18, 2020, 09:08:27 AM »
No Fujino (yet).  But got spooked by 5* Choco Caster and Waver (now NP2).  Also NP5'd Fran (1st 4* NP5) and got a new snake Assassin.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #806 on: February 18, 2020, 11:23:41 AM »
Did a single 10-pull and got a 5* event CE and NP2 Li'l Wu, but no Fujino. Will probably throw some tickets at this banner when I am able.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #807 on: February 18, 2020, 01:45:09 PM »
Man, Valentines was such a stacked event. I did a pretty huge amount of grinding and I still missed a lot of rewards, and as much as I would have preferred not to I had to skip through the scenes on the last handful of gifts just to get it done on time. And running it back to back with another event is a lot of action. What are we, Magia Record? Not complaining necessarily mind you.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #808 on: February 18, 2020, 03:38:27 PM »
a new snake Assassin

It just now occurs to me that there are now multiple snake Assassins you will have to be more specific

(I dumped all of my tickets into the banner and got Fujino's 4* CE but not Fujino herself :( My F/GO run is officially not #blessed)

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #809 on: February 18, 2020, 04:33:55 PM »
It just now occurs to me that there are now multiple snake Assassins you will have to be more specific

(I dumped all of my tickets into the banner and got Fujino's 4* CE but not Fujino herself :( My F/GO run is officially not #blessed)
Oops.  The one I just got is Chiyome.