Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 207646 times)

Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« on: March 13, 2019, 11:12:42 PM »
New thread on new forums http://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=18.0

A year and a few months later, it's finally time for the third topic. I couldn't come up with a clever and punny title right on the spot, please understand
Previous entries:
Topic#1
Topic#2
Format shamelessly ripped from the previous topic because I think it looked nice

Ongoing Events
US

Wiki
9pedia

------
JP

9pedia

(if I miss a JP event just give me a poke and I'll update OP -- trying to keep on top of info for both, but I only play on NA server)

(All IDs copied from previous OP - if you want your ID added or removed, just give the word)
Friend IDs:

---JP---
beaver1231: 702,073,038 / 340,339,400
Chaore: 789,874,752
Jana: 602,309,163
Mr. Jovial: 693,517,823
Patorkiku: 606,389,941
qMyon: 674,355,001
trancehime: 398,240,354
yuyukos: 293,823,911
Zengar Zombolt: 861,528,643
Zerviscos: 235,589,526

---US---
AzyWng: 810,842,433
Chaore: 416,340,402
commandercool: 440,432,213
Edible: 180,877,949
Ionasal kkll Solciel: 396,872,783
Jana: 468,680,095
Kasu: 836,681,458
qMyon: 936,634,137
Rei Scarlette: 039,794,959
Sect: 199,652,307
yuyukos: 408,231,921
Zengar Zombolt: 744,658,052
Zerviscos: 970,709,708(Quit NA)

Official site(s):
http://fate-go.us/
http://www.fate-go.jp/

Useful site(s):
http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/
http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/
https://grandorder.wiki
https://shipfu.moe/fgo/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 12:01:53 AM by Rei Scarlette »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 02:57:03 AM »
Did an obligatory ten-pull for the event and managed to get the 5* CE this time around. Also got Fran, so that was nice.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 04:09:45 AM »
Two ten-pulls gave me a Poster Girl CE and Anne/Mary, I'm satisfied.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 04:29:33 AM »
Meanwhile, while asking about ways to purchase quartz without a CC (I didn't know it was as simple as a giftcard okay this is the only mobile game I play :ohdear: )

I was mistaken for a minor and suggested to ask my parents for help with making a purchase  :V so I guess I've got that eternally-12-years-old thing going for me at least?

Don't know for sure if I'll spend yet but I really would like a TB Saber to go with my Demon Archer yes

Edit: Speaking of, emergency maintenance in progress. For what, who knows. But more quartz for the quartz throne
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 04:32:26 AM by Rei Scarlette »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 06:48:03 PM »
Whaled a bit for 5 more 10-pulls...

No Daishouri. :(
But I got a pair of 5* Event CE's, NP3'd Emiya, and got a brand new Herc.

The Event Point gain (or lack of it) is a bit ridiculous though...

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 07:06:15 PM »
Event points will ramp up a huge bit later on in the event, so you don't have to worry too much about it right now. For now, it's best to focus on the currencies.

The 1AP dailies themself can total out to just under a million by the end of the event if you're running it with full bonus. The final free quest node will give 6k honnoji points without any bonus, and the current best node barely scrapes past 6k for me right now even with full bonus.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 02:42:08 AM »
So after I forgot to save my data transfer number I wound up uninstalling the game forgetting it would clear my save data

Now I have to start all over.

At least I didn't spend any money on Saint Quartz... So that's fine?

EDIT: My user ID is: 810,842,433
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 04:59:55 AM by AzyWng »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 07:33:49 AM »
GudaGuda Meiji Restoration is on now on NA, and I decided to join team F2P for this go-around :V

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 10:54:56 AM »
GudaGuda Meiji Restoration is on now on NA, and I decided to join team F2P for this go-around :V
Oda Faction is wrecking this first day; I figure a lot of people have salt about the Whale Faction gacha not giving them either gummy.

*warning: you're probably going to get real gacha salty if you reveal this spoiler*
Spoiler:
*whistles in Okita and NP2 Hijikata in one ten-roll each*
Shinsengumi faction all the way!
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 03:00:56 AM »
-EX Luck-

Well, this has only strengthened my resolve to go all out and make sure nobunobu wins  :derp:
Though in reality it hurt a teeny little bit being forced to choose between Nobu and Okita

So after I forgot to save my data transfer number I wound up uninstalling the game forgetting it would clear my save data

Now I have to start all over.

At least I didn't spend any money on Saint Quartz... So that's fine?

EDIT: My user ID is: 810,842,433

Ouch, that's a real bummer, sorry to hear it. Tossed you a friend req anyways, I don't have super great supports but maybe they can make it easier to swing back to where you were before.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 05:21:45 PM »
Ouch, that's a real bummer, sorry to hear it.
Don?t worry about it. Starting fresh in a game isn?t something I?m a complete stranger to - and it?s interesting to see how things turn out this time. My 4* servant is Chevalier D?Eon.

Tossed you a friend req anyways, I don't have super great supports
Amakusa has been saving my ass so far - your supports are doing just fine. Thanks for the req.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 05:35:16 PM »
Sent a friend req as well. Hope it helps!
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 08:22:34 AM »
In a somewhat unrelated, but still is, note, TM's official website is showing off this year's April Fool's gag: FGO*Quest.  Only the leftmost pic leads to more "info" on the game.  The other three leads to homepages for Nakau restaurants, Sawayaka restaurants, and Sekiro's Japanese webpage.

- - -

I've noticed that Kama has a Riding skill of A.  Honestly, it had to at least meet Medb's Riding Skill for the exact same reason Medb has a Riding skill at all.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 08:38:08 AM by Aya Reiko »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 04:18:41 PM »
I probably should feel bad for just memeing on the angry gummy CQ, but nah :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 05:39:32 PM »
I decided to download this last night to give it a try. I've been enjoying Fate Apocrypha lately so it seemed like it might be fun. Still pretty early in the story mode, I'm a few stages after I got to do my first summon. Got Stheno as my rarest servant, I don't know what's good, how rare it is, or even what rarities exist, but I'm hoping I'll get a chance to get some characters I'm familiar with at some point.

I'm still figuring the game mechanics out. Is there anything important I should know?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2019, 07:30:27 PM »
I'm still figuring the game mechanics out. Is there anything important I should know?

Worth noting is that unlike many gacha games, pretty much every servant in FGO is usable and viable, even the low rarity ones, and there's very little in the ways of powercreep. Even the "worst" characters still tend to be quite good. The only one I can think of off the top of my head who is objectively bad is Caster Gilles de Rais, and most people don't have him anyway.

As for Stheno, her Noble Phantasm/"Ultra Move" isn't one that deals damage, but has instant death chance and charm against males. Her main niche is an anti-male charm lockout team, but aside from that, she still deals pretty good damage with her regular facecards just by virtue of being a 4 star unit.

Basically the only most important things to keep in mind is, use whoever you like most because that's what'll get the most enjoyment out of the game for you, don't worry about tier lists (unless that's your kind of thing), and remember that class advantage triangles are really powerful.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2019, 07:45:54 PM »
I was looking at the new player tips and saw that any unit looks like it can be upgraded to the same level cap, is that right? That's good.

I've only seen one single male unit so far out of all of the maps I played but Stheno did insta-kill him, so that's neat.

What do those critical star items do exactly?

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2019, 08:08:23 PM »
Each rarity has a different maximum level cap (60, 65, 70, 80, and 90, for 1-5 stars respectively) but by using Holy Grails, any servant's level cap maximum can be increased, and anyone in theory can be level 100. They're a very limited resource though, so grails are typically saved for your very favorites. That said though, anyone taken to their rarity's natural cap will be of quite a fair strength, so no worries on being too underpowered due to the different caps.

3 star servants are the highest you can roll on friend point rolls and those will all have a maximum level of 70, and they're definitely quite capable of handling themselves. The 1 and 2 stars still all have their own uses too though, some of them actually outclassing 5 stars for what they do (Arash comes to mind for being hella good at farming, and Spartacus too)

Critical stars, you can think of each one as being a 10% chance for an attack to crit. All of the stars you have are distributed to random face cards per turn, and that's how the crit system works in this game. 10 stars will guarantee a crit if they all go to the same card, but you usually need more than 10 to force crits unless the character in question has a skill that increases their critical gather rate. Which makes stars more likely to go towards their own cards. If you happen to end up with 50 or more stars in one turn, every available card will have a 100% chance and the extra stars are discarded afterwards.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2019, 10:29:29 PM »
#1 of grailing is to always prioritize your waifu/hasubando. You have the best waifu in Stheno, so you're already well on your way there!

An important aspect of picking cards to attack with is the Chain mechanic:

* Pick three cards from the same Servant, and they'll get a bonus fourth attack. (This is considered a Brave Chain.)
* Pick three Buster cards, and every attack will get a further attack boost.
* Pick three Arts cards, and every Servant involved will get +20% to their Noble Phantasm Gauge before the attacks begin.
* Pick three Quick cards, and you'll get a bonus 10 stars to be distributed on your next turn (on top of however many stars your attacks generate naturally).

The card type chains can overlap with the Brave chain if your Servant has three cards of the same type, or two cards of the same type as their Noble Phantasm if their Noble Phantasm is ready. Stheno has three Quick cards, so it's possible for her to have a Quick Brave Chain. Mash has two Arts cards and a Arts-type Noble Phantasm, so it's possible for her to have an Arts Brave Chain. (Though, in this particular case, an Arts Brave Chain that involves a Noble Phantasm tends to be pretty pointless, since using a Noble Phantasm requires you to have a full-enough NP gauge in the first place, and a Servant using their NP drains their entire NP gauge. It's only worth doing if the NP Gauge gain you get from the chain and subsequent attacks will push your gauge to the next NP Overcharge level.)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2019, 10:54:55 PM »
Is the deck persistent? Which is to say, do cards shuffle back in after every turn or do cards that you use get discarded?

What's up with Ishtar? She's Rin, right? Is she like, the Rin equivalent of Shirou's Archer or something?

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2019, 12:33:09 AM »
Each servant has 5 specific cards (you can see on their profile) and at the end of the turn, the entire hand is temporarily discarded, even ones you didn't use. After 3 turns, all of the 15 cards are used up and then they're all reshuffled back together. There are some other circumstances that also immediately reshuffles the deck, like if one of your servants dies then you start fresh from a brand new deck.

Ishtar is a little bit different, she is
Spoiler:
the goddess Ishtar possessing a vessel who is in appearance and personality identical to Rin (or something along those lines)
. So while it's kind of like Archer, it's not quite the same. She's more like "Rin-but-not-Rin", you can call her a Rin-face.
Spoiler:
I think as far as who's "in-control" it's like 60% Ishtar, 40% Rin-person
, so you'll definitely notice some similarities between the two but also some differences that lets her be a unique character on her own too.

Edit: Adjusted for some probably really minor Babylonia spoilers. It's probably not a big deal, but you know, safe than sorry. This kind of stuff is explained pretty quickly after you meet her in the story.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:35:34 AM by Rei Scarlette »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2019, 04:03:49 AM »
For low-rarity Servant recommendations, I'd suggest raising at least the following:
  • Georgios: With Mash's ascensions being storylocked, you'd want a decent tank option to fall back on, and he can fill in that role quite nicely.
  • Hans: AKA Budget Waver, despite the chance-based gimmick, the buffs offered by his NP are still quite strong and may be a lifesaver in some cases.
  • Cu Chulainn (Lancer): Despite the memes of him being the franchise's Kenny, he's an absolute beast at holding the line due to his kit and a quirk with Guts that allows him to basically skip an enemy turn if he was killed with Guts active while being the last man standing.
  • Medea: Due to how rare other DPS Casters are, she might be your only DPS Caster option for quite a while. That said, she still performs quite well due to her highly spammable NP.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2019, 04:46:49 AM »
Are those guys common? The rate at which I'm getting currency seems stupid slow so for now it seems like I'm just gonna get what I get.

Ideally I'd like to have Astolfo, Mordred, Iskandar, or Ishtar but I assume they're all super rare and/or event exclusive or something.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2019, 05:40:29 AM »
Of the 4 I recommend, Georgios and Hans are 2*/UC while Cu and Medea are 3*/R, so you should have them at max NP without much difficulty as long as you keep rolling the FP gacha.

Meanwhile, of the 4 you mentioned, Astolfo and Mordred are non-limited but are 4*/SR and 5*/SSR respectively, while Iskandar and Ishtar I believe are both limited 5*s.

By the way, I forgot to mention this but don't neglect Mash either, she becomes one of the best defensive Servants in the game after she gets a good amount of her ascensions.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 07:30:05 AM by Leon゠Helsing »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2019, 10:29:43 AM »
Remember that your Servant's levels are not related to how many battles they've been in. You can get Embers to level them from the dailies (the red banners), in the friend point gacha, and events usually have a bunch of them in their shops. I've seen way too many beginners try to bust through Orleans and Septem with level 1 Servants.

What's your Friend Code? (Menu -> Friends -> Friend Search tab) All of us with space in our lists can have you added, and then you can get some powerful assistance in your battles, and higher FP gain (outside of NPCs) to boot. (Be aware that some of us may have Servants that are kind of spoilery in terms of True Names and such!)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 11:04:15 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2019, 03:38:49 PM »
Something else probably worth pointing out is that you are guaranteed to get (at least) one 4* Servant from a list of ten possible 4* Servants in your story-forced 10-pull - Stheno-sama is on that list of ten and happened to be yours. This is not indicative of the luck you'll have with getting gold Servants from 10-pulls going forward.

(I imagine veterans of the gacha expect this already, but hey)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 03:44:17 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2019, 04:58:06 PM »
Of the 4 I recommend, Georgios and Hans are 2*/UC while Cu and Medea are 3*/R, so you should have them at max NP without much difficulty as long as you keep rolling the FP gacha.

Cool, I'll keep an eye out for them.

What's NP and FP?

Meanwhile, of the 4 you mentioned, Astolfo and Mordred are non-limited but are 4*/SR and 5*/SSR respectively, while Iskandar and Ishtar I believe are both limited 5*s.

Makes sense. Too bad, but not surprising.

By the way, I forgot to mention this but don't neglect Mash either, she becomes one of the best defensive Servants in the game after she gets a good amount of her ascensions.

Oh cool. That's always nice. I saw she had a cost of 0, that seems pretty handy too.

Remember that your Servant's levels are not related to how many battles they've been in. You can get Embers to level them from the dailies (the red banners), in the friend point gacha, and events usually have a bunch of them in their shops. I've seen way too many beginners try to bust through Orleans and Septem with level 1 Servants.

Yup, I've been keeping them at the recommended level for the story mission I'm doing.

What's your Friend Code? (Menu -> Friends -> Friend Search tab) All of us with space in our lists can have you added, and then you can get some powerful assistance in your battles, and higher FP gain (outside of NPCs) to boot. (Be aware that some of us may have Servants that are kind of spoilery in terms of True Names and such!)

I've been using NPC friends whenever possible so things can remain challenging, but having some high-level friends around will probably he handy for some stuff.

Something else probably worth pointing out is that you are guaranteed to get (at least) one 4* Servant from a list of ten possible 4* Servants in your story-forced 10-pull - Stheno-sama is on that list of ten and happened to be yours. This is not indicative of the luck you'll have with getting gold Servants from 10-pulls going forward.

(I imagine veterans of the gacha expect this already, but hey)

What are the rates for rare units normally?

Edit: So the NPC caster Cu Chulain can go over 100% charge for his Noble Phantasm. When I use it with him it drains the entire bar, and I've never had time to get it to more than 180-190%. If it reaches 200% is it more powerful or does it let him use it multiple times or something? And is there any difference between using it at 100% and 190%? Or is the extra charge just wasted if I do that?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 05:15:37 PM by commandercool »

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2019, 05:28:43 PM »
* NP and FP are Noble Phantasm and Friend Point(s), respectively.
* Noble Phantasm charge levels do not make a difference until you hit the next multiple of 100, so 199% is the same as 100% (and the extra 99% gets wasted), but 200% is more powerful than anything between 100% and 199%.
* The effects of "Overcharge" (reaching 200%, 300%, etc.) can be seen by poking a Servant's icon at the bottom of the screen, along with a bunch of other useful info (attack strength, craft essence effects, any status effects that may be present). Any aspect of a Servant's Noble Phantasm that say something along the lines of "effect increases with overcharge" gets more powerful whenever you hit the next multiple of 100 in the charge meter. As an example, Caster Cubert's NP deals damage to all enemies and afflicts them with Def Down and Burn: the effects of Def Down and Burn are more potent at higher Overcharges, but the actual damage dealt does not change.
* Sent a friend request! Hope it helps. (Note that you get 10 FP from using any random guest Servant, 25 FP from using a Friend's guest Servant, and 200 FP from using a story-supplied guest Servant.)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 05:30:21 PM by Suwako Moriya »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2019, 07:09:51 PM »
Man, this game really chews through my phone's battery. And loading seems to take much longer than with other games too. Every time I sit down to play I end up at 20% battery before I know it.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2019, 07:39:51 PM »
It is very battery-intensive, yeah (there's a LOT to the game internally). I just recently updated to the Galaxy S10+, though, which is a lot faster and has a much more powerful battery. :V