Author Topic: [Danmakufu ph3] Python's Pulchritudinous Project Presentation  (Read 11523 times)

Python

• Plains of Chi-u have no end.
  • They are boundless and last forever.
[Danmakufu ph3] Python's Pulchritudinous Project Presentation
« on: September 21, 2018, 04:55:13 PM »
OH MY LAIRD and welcome to a thread to promote my own silly creations in Touhou Danmakufu ph3. I'm just that much of an attention whore.  :V
This will certainly not list all of my scripts, merely the ones I feel are really worth playing. The jewels. The best of the best. For everything else, just visit my BulletForge profile. Images and such are provided on the script's BulletForge pages linked for the sake of conserving space. You'll always find the newest scripts near the top.

Critique is always welcome, though please keep in mind it may not necessarily be of much use to the older scripts. I may now already know what it is you were going to tell me, and I'm highly unlikely to update my older scripts any more.

Augusta Iaponicorum [Stage]

Boss: Cisa Perlach Augusta (8 nons, 10 spells)
Difficulties: Easy Extra / Extra / Absurdly Extra

Another submission to the S&Y Script Festival, and therefore a script featuring another OC of mine. This character also won first place in the Fangames 'n' Chill OC Contest. Backstory and a character profile are linked on the BulletForge page. All in all, this stage is very long, very challenging and routing-heavy. It is divided into many Chapters that, upon being completed without bombing, each reward you with a bomb piece (1/5th). Completing it without dying rewards you with a life piece (1/5th). Additionally, there is a second option in the DNH menu that allows you to practice each chapter individually. You can set a loop value to repeat that chapter for a set amount of iterations if you so desire. I believe this should immensely help you with practicing both, stage and boss.

But even if you don't want to invest time into learning this stage, as always, customizable starting resources with possibly infinite lives and - this time for real - infinite bombs are an option as well. I really, really hope you will like this script. It's the one I've invested the most blood and sweat in throughout nearly five years of DNH. The only thing that could top this would be a full game, but...what are the odds of finding affordable artists and composers?  :ohdear:

Download
Official OST Download

Playthrough by Lusus [EzEx]
Playthrough by Ince Rabbit / Playthrough by Ince Rabbit [ExNB]
Playthrough by Innnocence [ExNB]

Limbus Puellarum [Boss]

Boss: Eika Ebisu (4 nons, 4 spells)
Difficulty: Easy / Normal / Hard / Lunatic

A more standard script featuring Eika! It turned out really neat I think, and expands on Eika's unused potential. I hope you'll enjoy this short and sweet boss battle on whichever difficulty you prefer. Yes I hope...it...feels...good.

Download

Playthrough by Lusus [N]

東方天珂竈 ~ Hidden Spice in Four Seasonings [Two Stages]

Boss: Ryoumika Soukun (5 nons, 6 spells), Ryoumika Soukun (8 nons, 10 spells)
Difficulties: Easy / Normal / Hard / Lunatic / Overdrive / Extra

Based on an incident from Shrines and Youkai, a bootleg Touhou-flavored D&D spinoff, I bring to you a bootleg version of Hidden Star in Four Seasons' final and Extra stages! I would not hesitate to regard this as my best script thus far in terms of visuals, presentation, danmaku, etc. It features original parts mixed with shoddy recreations befitting a bootleg and I implore you to give it a try! I spent lots of time, effort, and even money on this project to deliver a very special experience to you.

You can play Stage 6 by selecting any difficulty aside from Extra on the menu, and the Extra Stage by selecting...well...Extra. The Extra Stage is definitely not as easy as the original, and you're advised to use your seasoning releases excessively.

Download

Playthrough by Pikno (Stage 6) [N]
Playthrough by MegamanOmega (Stage 6) [N]
Playthrough by AntiHoodBravi (Extra Stage) [Ex]

LOCAA 12: Artifact 3.5: Untempered Schism [Stage]

Boss: Yukari Yakumo (4 nons, 5 spells)

Another contest entry for the Make the Old New Contest! The goal was to recreate one of your older scripts and improve on it to show off how far you've come. I've chosen my oldest released script which was also a contest entry for Artifact III. Remade contest entries had to adhere to the original contest's rules as well and I had a lot of fun making this and utilizing virtually all the skills I've acquired over the past three years of doing Danmakufu.

Download
Download the original script to compare

Poker With Xeno a! [Minigame]

Unlike all the other scripts you can see here, this is a standalone game that comes with its own executable. It's also not an STG whatsoever, but a fully fledged simulation of a classic Poker game! You bet coins and win/lose money depending on how much higher or lower your hand is compared to Xeno a's. I created this just to see if I could. Well, I could. Almost. I had someone help me out a bit here and there. Still, give it a try, even if you know nothing about Poker. Just look up the different winning hands online. And try not to lose all of your money!  ;)

Download

Cirno's Unfounded Revenge [Boss]

Boss: Cirno (9 nons, 9 spells)
Difficulty: :}

I made the sound effects myself.

Download

Playthrough by Pikno

Flesh and Stone [Boss]

Boss: Narumi Yatadera (3 nons, 4 spells)
Difficulties: Easy / Normal / Hard / Lunatic

A simple, joke-free gimmick-less script for any players to enjoy due to the variable difficulties. I'm proud of how the attacks turned out visually and also from a gameplay perspective. Why aren't you downloading it already?

Download

Playthrough by Sparen [N]
Playthrough by Ancient Meme [NNMNB]

All the World's Misfortune [Boss]

Boss: Hina Kagiyama (3 nons, 5 spells)
Difficulty: Normal

We need to build a dark side of fate.

Download

Playthrough by CreepyNinja_

Three Dee Utsuho [Boss]

Boss: Utsuho Reiuji (9 attacks)
Difficulty: Hard to Lunatic

Much like the Mitori script right below, this script is highly experimental. How? To my knowledge it's the first and only truly first-person danmaku shooter created in Danmakufu ph3. Ever. You saw it here first, lads. The bullets and boss are 3D objects moving in 3D space, the player moves in 3D space, collision detection is rather janky and the bullet patterns are outrageously hard sometimes. All in all this is a rather awkward recreation of Utsuho's fight in SA, but I think it's still worth checking out. Maybe I'll try making an actually good 3D script in the future!

Download

Playthrough by TheMariomaster
Playthrough by me

A Fancy Package Thing (& Mitori) [Boss]

Boss: Ooama no Ake no Mitori (4 nons, 5 spells)
Difficulty: Hard to Lunatic

The boss battle is not nearly as interesting as the player system, which I probably spent thrice as much time on compared to the rest. It's also the only reason I'm promoting it here. To show off. It took ages to make and I never wound up using it again. That's sad, but hey, do give it a try.

Download

Playthrough by Pikno

LOCAA 8: Purified Taiko Drum [Boss]

Boss: Raiko Horikawa (3 nons, 4 spells)
Difficulty: Hard

This is also a contest entry, this time for the Pure Gensokyo contest. Participants were restricted in that they could not use spawned bullets in any functions afterwards. You could not alter their properties, nor were you allowed to even access them. No prizes were won, but I still like how it turned out, though it's a bit on the hard side. And please disregard the janky package.

Download

Playthrough by me

RaNGE 16: Little Mermaid [Stage]

Boss: Wakasagihime (4 nons, 6 spells)
Midboss: Seija Kijin (1 non, 1 spell)
Difficulties: Normal / Hard

My entry to the Unexpected Mastermind contest tasking participants with creating a final boss-length battle for a stage 1 boss. This is quite possibly the best out of my older set of scripts and I absolutely recommend it to you. I ranked in second place with this, even though the judges considered the nonspells to be better than the spells.

Download

Playthrough by Sparen [H]
Playthrough by Pruns [HNM]

« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 07:51:47 AM by Python »
Have a look at my truly scrumptious scripts!.

Python

Re: [Danmakufu ph3] Python's Pulchritudinous Project Presentation
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 05:10:54 PM »
Updated the list with my LOCAA 12 entry and the full ("full") version of Hidden Spice in Four Seasonings! See below or the original post for more information.

東方天珂竈 ~ Hidden Spice in Four Seasonings [Two Stages]

Boss: Ryoumika Soukun (5 nons, 6 spells), Ryoumika Soukun (8 nons, 10 spells)
Difficulties: Easy / Normal / Hard / Lunatic / Overdrive / Extra

Based on an incident from Shrines and Youkai, a bootleg Touhou-flavored D&D spinoff, I bring to you a bootleg version of Hidden Star in Four Seasons' final and Extra stages! I would not hesitate to regard this as my best script thus far in terms of visuals, presentation, danmaku, etc. It features original parts mixed with shoddy recreations befitting a bootleg and I implore you to give it a try! I spent lots of time, effort, and even money on this project to deliver a very special experience to you.

You can play Stage 6 by selecting any difficulty aside from Extra on the menu, and the Extra Stage by selecting...well...Extra. The Extra Stage is definitely not as easy as the original, and you're advised to use your seasoning releases excessively.

Download

Playthrough by Pikno (Stage 6)
Playthrough by MegamanOmega (Stage 6)

LOCAA 12: Artifact 3.5: Untempered Schism [Stage]

Boss: Yukari Yakumo (4 nons, 5 spells)

Another contest entry for the Make the Old New Contest! The goal was to recreate one of your older scripts and improve on it to show off how far you've come. I've chosen my oldest released script which was also a contest entry for Artifact III. Remade contest entries had to adhere to the original contest's rules as well and I had a lot of fun making this and utilizing virtually all the skills I've acquired over the past three years of doing Danmakufu.

Download
Download the original script to compare

Python

Re: [Danmakufu ph3] Python's Pulchritudinous Project Presentation
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 10:39:33 AM »
Updated the list with Limbus Puellarum and, what I consider to be my ultimate masterpiece so far, Augusta Iaponicorum! If you asked me if there is any single script you should play specifically, it should be Augusta Iaponicorum. Please see the original post for more information.

Augusta Iaponicorum [Stage]

Boss: Cisa Perlach Augusta (8 nons, 10 spells)
Difficulties: Easy Extra / Extra / Absurdly Extra

Another submission to the S&Y Script Festival, and therefore a script featuring another OC of mine. This character also won first place in the Fangames 'n' Chill OC Contest. Backstory and a character profile are linked on the BulletForge page. All in all, this stage is very long, very challenging and routing-heavy. It is divided into many Chapters that, upon being completed without bombing, each reward you with a bomb piece (1/5th). Completing it without dying rewards you with a life piece (1/5th). Additionally, there is a second option in the DNH menu that allows you to practice each chapter individually. You can set a loop value to repeat that chapter for a set amount of iterations if you so desire. I believe this should immensely help you with practicing both, stage and boss.

But even if you don't want to invest time into learning this stage, as always, customizable starting resources with possibly infinite lives and - this time for real - infinite bombs are an option as well. I really, really hope you will like this script. It's the one I've invested the most blood and sweat in throughout nearly five years of DNH. The only thing that could top this would be a full game, but...what are the odds of finding affordable artists and composers?  :ohdear:

Download
Official OST Download

Playthrough by Lusus
Playthrough by Ince Rabbit

Limbus Puellarum [Boss]

Boss: Eika Ebisu (4 nons, 4 spells)

A more standard script featuring Eika! It turned out really neat I think, and expands on Eika's unused potential. I hope you'll enjoy this short and sweet boss battle on whichever difficulty you prefer. Yes I hope...it...feels...good.

Download