Author Topic: Yume Nikki Mafia - Over  (Read 17663 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Yume Nikki Mafia - Dream 3 (Dark World)
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2009, 03:21:29 PM »
Okay, yeah, scratch what I said earlier. Serp is obvMVP.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2009, 07:42:57 PM »
Town had many good players, but I think that Serp was particularly good at playing Cop. Early game had everyone pointing out how pro-town and confirmed he was, so at that point he probably saw an NK coming his way and started acting a little more scummy for safety. His Edible clear on day 2 probably felt scummy as well, but would have been a very clear breadcrumb in case he was killed. I was only disappointed that he didn't suspect his results on Zakeri on day 3.

I think I overdid it a little.  Playing purposefully scummy is an extremely fine line to tread, as BaitySM could tell you.  By mid-Day 1, I was questionable enough that the scum wouldn't want to waste a kill on me, but I came close to getting lynched myself as well.  If I, the cop, had been the third lynch instead of the mafia godfather Pesco, I'd be the complete opposite of Town MVP, I think.  I was also sincerely surprised at Pesco's and SP's flips, and probably would've gone after Carthrat on Day 3 if Edible and Zakeri hadn't both recommended umu.

Anyway, very cool setup.  I wish we had gotten a chance to play in more rooms.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2009, 10:08:40 PM »
What? Over already?

I think I overdid it a little.  Playing purposefully scummy is an extremely fine line to tread, as BaitySM could tell you.
Yep.

Of course, it would be hard to tell what would happen if I didn't throw myself out like that...  >_>

...reading through D2, I would say that was a rather chaotic "turnabout" (if that's the right word for it).

Maybe I should lurk these games some more, and analyze player data, since some of you seem to utilize it as such for your arguments. Actually, it's better if I don't, since not watching games removes player bias from my arguments.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2009, 10:13:37 PM »
FTR I don't think Baity played that badly in this game; the Town just had no idea how to read him and decided to off him... which in this game turned out to be quite acceptable.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2009, 10:14:59 PM »
I, on the other hand, deserve honorary scum more than Baity does. Looking back at my posts is embarassing.

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2009, 11:01:34 PM »
Just remember blender that if the town votes you for being too agressive, the town deserves a mislynch. Unless you're scum.

Actually, it's better if I don't, since not watching games removes player bias from my arguments.

That's a good idea, since using Meta as the basis for a case is almost as much of a scumtell as using WiFoM as the basis for a defense.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2009, 01:48:45 AM »
That's a good idea, since using Meta as the basis for a case is almost as much of a scumtell as using WiFoM as the basis for a defense.
I disagree, as long as the meta is applied correctly.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2009, 01:55:07 AM »
Meta is good for supporting a case or for finding initial suspicion, but by itself it falls short almost every time.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2009, 02:36:24 AM »
Meta is good for supporting a case or for finding initial suspicion, but by itself it falls short almost every time.
For convincing people, yes.
This is why I keep petitioning for more dayvigs.

Re: Yume Nikki Mafia - Over
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2009, 07:26:05 AM »
You should have said so at the beginning. I'd have been happy to dole them out.

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2009, 10:54:37 AM »
And get NK'd? >_>

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2009, 07:33:40 PM »
But Zakeri's role made him un-NK-able.

So yeah.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2009, 07:59:35 PM »
You
at the beginning
You lost me.

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2009, 07:13:25 AM »
...seriously?

Man, he had no reason no to use that. Town would probably never lynch him...

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2009, 07:17:08 AM »
And yet it was still the only chance I had at winning in a game that only had one mafioso playing at a time.