Author Topic: Yume Nikki Mafia - Over  (Read 17555 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Yume Nikki Mafia - Dream 3 (Dark World)
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2009, 04:52:58 PM »
COME ON ALICE, LET'S MAKE IT A UNANIMOUS VOTE BEFORE NIETZ GETS BACK

L+3 FTW

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2009, 04:55:22 PM »
Certainly!

Man, I can't wait for Nietz's reaction to this.

##Vote: umu
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2009, 04:58:55 PM »
Wait, I messed up.

##Unvote: Serpentarius <-
##Vote: u?
(L+3)
##Vague μyonvote: u? (L+π)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2009, 05:03:10 PM »
u?, were you a goon?

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2009, 05:06:18 PM »
u?, were you a goon?
Only while I kill someone.  Otherwise I'm a Role Cop.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2009, 05:06:33 PM »
Once again everyone gets the same roles as usual.

Edible

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2009, 05:19:14 PM »
Also, one of these days people are going to not kill Kiro the first chance they get.  This is what, the third game in a row he was scum's first choice to kill? <_<

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2009, 05:24:08 PM »
Hey Edible was right on when he called on me asking for Alert to be replaced. I wanted Umu at that time, but we got chemicals instead :(.

We played pretty shit, no excuse for it. I didn't particularly like rolling scum a second time, but it happened.

Edible

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2009, 05:43:33 PM »
pescocchi, got a QT?  Not that I'd imagine there's much in it.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2009, 05:53:16 PM »
No daytalking, no QT. I did most of my pregame with UK on AIM.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2009, 06:10:56 PM »
what is this i dont even

Vote count:

u? (5): Zakeri, Serpentarius, Carthrat, Edible, Roukanken, Alice, u?
Roukanken (0): Carthrat
Serpentarius (0): u?

Locking thread for now; I'll leave the flavor updates to Nietz.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2009, 11:25:52 PM »

They were huddling in the dark for a (no so)long time, when suddenly the lights came up. Someone had found a lamp or something. And as it turned out, everybody was surrounding the long, colored blob of light. It clear as the room was now who was the chosen one this time. Kyukyu-kun didn't even try to resist as everyone rushed in and bare-handed lynched him.

Everyone except a little girl who though better to silently sneak away.

To celebrate the end of the nightmarish scum, everyone came together to celebrate. And so they brought food and music and had a picnic party in the desert.

Everyone except that little girl, who as always wasn't invited, and could only gaze from afar and feel bitter.

Zakeri, playing Madotsuki, Self-aligned Dreamphase SK, couldn't get rid of all those pesky dream figments and lost, along with the lynched scum.

The remaining players, as Town, win.

Especially Roukanken who also won the NASU Challenge and was awarded the Jumping Fish Trohpy.

I'll post the roles, actions and dreams in a moment.

Edible

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2009, 11:30:32 PM »
Zakeri, playing Madotsuki, Self-aligned Dreamphase SK, couldn't get rid of all those pesky dream figments and lost, along with the lynched scum.

Knew you were a neutral, but I could have sworn SKs killed people. :(

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2009, 11:35:23 PM »
That's fun...sorry about that. As I said, I'm not playing the next game, and will probably only be around to watch and to mod my game (I can most assuredly still mod, even as busy as I am)

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2009, 11:35:47 PM »
Already told you this after Serp investigated me, but:

I can't post during waking phase. I can't be targeted during waking phase because I'm not there. Guess where that leaves my kill ability.

I was afraid it would have been too obvious. I could only kill once before it was obvious I should be lynched. And that's if people don't realize I'm essentially bulletproof.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2009, 11:39:38 PM »
Characters:

1. Madotsuki (Day SK) ---------------------- Zakeri
2. Monoe (Scum Roleblocker) ---------------- Mr. Alert-Sodium Peroxide
3. Nopperabou (Scum Godfather) ------------ Pesco
4. Seccom Masada (Town Cop) -------------- Serpentarius
5. Poniko/Uboa (Town Bomb) ---------------- BaitySM
6. Medamaude (Town Dreamscape Changer) -- Kiro
7. Lizardman (Vanilla Town)------------------ Carthrat
8. Yuki-onna (Vanilla Town) ----------------- Roukanken
9. Monoko (Vanilla Town) ------------------- Kanako Yasaka
10. Jellyfish Man (Vanilla Town) ------------- Edible
11. Neon Parrot (Vanilla Town) -------------- Alice
12. Kyukyu-kun (Scum Rolecop) ------------- UK-umu
13. Dwarf (Town Tracker) ------------------- Affinity

Waking 1
Affinity tracks Kiro.
Sodium blocks Edible.
Serpentarius investigates Edible, gets Town.
Uk kills Kiro.
(I confess I'm not sure why Edible got so much "love" this night.)

Waking 2
Affinity tracks Zakeri, but gets killed before.
Serpentarius investigates Zakeri, gets no result.
umu kills Affinity.

Roles:
1. You are Madotsuki, the hikkikomori girl who is dreaming all this weird stuff. It used to be pretty fun, but now all these dream figments are acting like they own the place, so it's time you show them who's the boss. Luckily, you have a knife and deep-seated psychological issues.

You are a Self-aligned Dreamphase Serial Killer. Once per Dream Phase, you can instantly kill another player by declaring the commands ##Knife or ##Stab in the game thread. You cannot kill during Waking Phase, due to simply not being in the dreamworld then. For this same reaso, you are immune to any Night Action, including Night Kills. Any player targeting you will be informed that their actions failed because you were nowhere to be found. You also cannot post in the thread during Waking (Night) Phase if you are still in the game.

Your winning condition is to be the last player alive. You lose if you are killed or if either Town or Scum achieve their winning conditions before your.

2. You are Monoe, an apparently normal girl who lives in a dark room and mess with the heads of everyone who glimpses at you. You got particularly effective at thwarting others after you distracted that guy so he was run over by a car, and stole the Stoplight Effect from his dead body.

You are a Scum Roleblocker. By PM'ing the mods during the Waking (Night) Phase, you can use your Stoplight effect to freeze a player and prevent him from taking any action. You cannot use your effect and Kill in the same Waking Phase.

3. You are Nopperabou, the faceless ghost. You can assume the appearance of anyone, but your face is always a blank, so no one can really look into your eyes and glimpse your true self.

You are a Scum Godfather. If your aligment is investigated, it will return as Town-aligned.

Your scum partners are UK and Mr. Alert, you can PM or talk amongst yourselves only during the Pregame and Waking (Night) Phases.
You are Seccom Masada, the piano player from space (and Prof. Snape look-alike). Your twisted eyes give you a weird aspect, but they also allow you to see the twistedness in other's hearts.

You are a Town Cop. By PM'ing the mods during the Waking (Night) Phase, you can investigate a player to discover his/her true allegiance.

5. You are Poniko, the ponytailed blonde girl who lives all alone in a house in the dreamworld. You are just a helpless little girl, and if one of these bad guys attack you, there's nothing you can do to save yourself or punish them.

Well, except for the fact that in death you become...

Spoiler:
▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓
▓░░░░▓▓▓▓░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░▓▓
▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░▓
░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓░░░▓
░░▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓░░▓
░░▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
▓░░▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░
▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
UBOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

You are a Town-aligned Bomb. If you are killed by another player, you will turn into Uboa and drag him/her into an insane dimension for all eternity (or until they wake up), effectively killing the player. In case you are lynched this will also affect the player who casts the hammer vote.

6. You are Medamaude, the Hand with the Eye. Somewhat like a vampire loli from another doujin game, the whole world's "eye" lies in the palm of your hand, and you can shuffle the world around by simply closing your hand (though it's just as disorienting to you as to everyone else.)

Your are a Town-aligned Dreamscape Changer. At a max of 2 times during the game (but not in the same Dream Phase) you can change the present dreamscape by PM'ing the mods. The Dream Rules of the previous dreamscape will become invalid, and the new rules will take their place. Votecount will not reset. You cannot use this ability if there's less than 24 hours to the end of the Dream Phase.
Pretty much a flavor role, it was not an ability particularly pro-town or pro-scum, though I figured the player might try to use it to confirm himself. I basically just wanted an excuse so that more Dreamworlds could be used. (Well, that didn't work, did it?)

12. You are Kyukyu-kun, the multicolored phallic-shaped blob who likes to rub railings in a disturbing way. Some say you represent parts of the uncounscious mind no one really wants to face. Well, you can't wait to MAKE them face you.

By delving into the darkest corners of a players psyche, you can find something about them, even if they don't want anyone to know. You are a Scum-aligned Rolecop. By PM'ing the mods during the Waking (Night) Phase, you can find about the role of a targeted player.

13. You are the Dwarf. People may judge you unimportant because of your size, but being unconspicuous has its advantages. It's pretty easy for you to follow a player undetected and see what he/she is up about during the Waking Phase.

You are a Town-aligned Tracker. By PM'ing the mods during the Waking (Night) Phase, you can find out if and who a player targeted.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:51:30 PM by Nietz »

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2009, 11:45:18 PM »
Dream Worlds:

Guillotine Room: If there's no majority lynch, the two most voted are lynched, in case of tie-ups ALL tied players die. (If players > 10, 75% is needed for majority.)

Teleport World: Max. 250 words per post restriction.

Dark World: PM between any two individual players is allowed.

Red Maze: All players must write with red text. {I was looking so forward to this one...}

Number World: Deadline changes by a random amount (-6 to +6) every 12 hours.

Black & White World: No special rules. Boring.

Snow World: If posting activity falls under a certain amount, a random player risks freezing to death.

Desert World: Mod info, such as votecount and time remaining gradually becomes unreliable.

Sequence:
Guillotine - Teleport - Dark - Red Maze - Numbers - Snow - Black & White - Desert

Pretty much the only one that wasn't random was the Guillotine Room, because I figured it would be too much of game-breaker any day other than 1. (Actually, I should have limited the number of possible lynches to 2, I really didn't though the players would risk multiple lynches on Day 1.)

Edible

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2009, 11:46:35 PM »
Oh, right.  Dreamphase SK.

That's actually a pretty nifty role, we just wound up killing scum before you had a chance to kill us~

I'm sure everyone figured it out by this point, but I was being intentionally murky Day 1 (which also probably explains why I was targeted by both town and scum).  Too many people have been calling me obvtown when I'm town lately; it makes me dread playing scum again. <_<;

Loved the flavor, loved the Dream gimmicks.  Hated that people dropped out.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2009, 11:49:44 PM »
You know, I spent the whole Twilight worrying 'Oh crap, what if there's an SK that we still have to kill after this'. I was half-right, it seems.

(Nice to know I wasn't totally wrong about Zak, too.)

In general, I think my biggest flaw this game was (as always) letting Pesco get to me. I probably got too aggressive and started accepting weaker points just for the sake of cementing my own belief. I was right, but I already quoted the Last Temptation earlier.

The Affinity lynch wasn't much better. I was too paranoid after Alice's antics last game, followed by Carth saying 'hey why are we believing him?' And if what I've heard is true, my theory about there being a Cop was correct - but there was still a tracker. I hadn't considered the possibility that every Mafioso was roled.

Off the top of my head, Town MVP is probably a tie between Alice and Edible. Honorary scum is Baity (duh).

Anyway, looks like in the end we won the day.

I'll make my way over to the party as soon as I can...at least, as soon as I can get around the whole 'desert' thing. Anyone got a fridge I could borrow?
That, and I still have some slight mental trauma from all that time playing NASU. ...Zak, you won't need that knife anymore, right?

Edible

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2009, 11:55:41 PM »
The Affinity lynch wasn't much better. I was too paranoid after Alice's antics last game, followed by Carth saying 'hey why are we believing him?' And if what I've heard is true, my theory about there being a Cop was correct - but there was still a tracker. I hadn't considered the possibility that every Mafioso was roled.

Yeah.  Between your nailing Alice's antics on the head last game and missing the boat with Affinity this game (not that I really blame you), I'd say these are a perfect example of why playing to the setup isn't necessarily the best thing to do.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2009, 12:10:54 AM »
On the general, I tried to give more or less of an equal chance to every faction. Madotsuki was immune to night kills, so it might have taken a lot of bullshitting but she had a good chance of winning if she made it to LYLO. The main drawback is that she had not only to win, but to prevent others from winning before.

Both Town and Scum had a fair number of roles, though most of them proved to be of little use, specially to scum. Poniko/Uboa could've hit any of them but I figured it had a bigger chance to hit scum. What I was secretly hoping to happen though was Madotsuki stabbing Poniko and getting taken away by Uboa  ;D.

Oh yes, the game had a possible BAD END, in case Poniko was left with Madotsuki or a scum and they killed each other. But then again, Yume Nikki has a Bad End.

Frankly, most of the scum play did suck, and I was indeed wary of the combination that turned up in the roll. But random is random.

Town had many good players, but I think that Serp was particularly good at playing Cop. Early game had everyone pointing out how pro-town and confirmed he was, so at that point he probably saw an NK coming his way and started acting a little more scummy for safety. His Edible clear on day 2 probably felt scummy as well, but would have been a very clear breadcrumb in case he was killed. I was only disappointed that he didn't suspect his results on Zakeri on day 3.

Speaking of breadcrumb, Lizardman was initially supposed to be a breadcrumber:
{Note to Jan: In case I decide to use the Breadcrumber role, the player won't know he is one. But if he's NK'ed, the flavor text will contain a sequence of numbers with the name of his killer encoded. (I'm thinking of using ASCII values followed by ROT13 to decode it. Ex.: 67 82 70 80 66 -> CRFPB -> PESCO)}
I gave up on it because I had already told that every role would've been fully explained on PM and flip, and also because I though not all players would have an equal chance at cracking it. (Frankly, I think only Alice would have stood a chance.)

The drop-outs did suck, but the main disappointment was not being able to use more dreamworlds.

I didn't particularly like rolling scum a second time, but it happened.
You try to rolling it four times in a row to see how it feels...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 12:12:38 AM by Nietz »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2009, 12:22:37 AM »
Speaking frankly, I hate the Dream SK role.  Zakeri had to win the same way donut did in RWoS!, except donut had like five fewer roles gunning for him.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2009, 12:23:37 AM »
##Yuyuko Doll: pesco47

I believe I had that one right.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2009, 12:29:26 AM »
This game was weird. D1 I knew that a scum lynch would likely occur, given how we lynched 3 people and statistically one of them would be likely to be scum.

D2 was quite horrible, we spent the entire day chasing around bad leads and then decided to lynch Sodium Chlorate hours before deadline.

FWIW, I do *not* deserve any MVPs for this game. Quite literally my D1 performance was made of a mix of being too busy for this game and just not wanting to deal with mafia, and D2 was essentially a prolonged bout of being too lazy followed by "shit shit I'm in this game need to read through" followed by "oh cool Sodium Citrate is being obvscum again why isn't he lynched yet".

It was an interesting academic excersize for me after this game to see if there was any way for someone like me to win if they replaced in for UK around the time of the situation, and I am going to go with no if the replacement happened at the beginning of D3. By D3 the game was in a state of quasicollusive-lockdown, even if the final scum could have gotten Roukanken and Zakeri as mis-lynches then he wouldn't have gotten Serp as one, and even if he did the cop results would have been enough to turn quasicollusive-lockdown into true collusive lockdown.

Around D2, if umu had pursued a more active approach on Zakeri instead of floundering then the day would have been salvageable. Affinity would be a mis-lynch, I would probably make a decent mis-lynch due to my play in this game (it was pretty much horrible by any standards) and scum could have handily won even *if* Sodium Bromate had gotten himself lynched later after all.

Overall, my point is that I think everyone floundered around and Town just happened to luck out and win. A real pity, as I quite liked the setup (except for the D3 dream world. fuck that shit.)

Also, I'm stealing the Number World rules for useage in a future game. And yeah, ASCII+ROT13 sounds like something I'd catch, as I used to be able to read ROT13 in my head once (hooray being a regular on many scifi/roguelikes newsgroups for like the longest actual time), so yeah it would have been a fun puzzle but imho it would have given entirely too much information in the end (like a complete scum identity).

Finally, sadfaes at dud Uboa.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2009, 12:32:02 AM »
Nice setup, shame about the dropouts. :(

My own ideas tended to be wrong, but never let it be said I can't be convinced by townies on the right path? >_>

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2009, 12:54:48 AM »
Speaking frankly, I hate the Dream SK role.  Zakeri had to win the same way donut did in RWoS!, except donut had like five fewer roles gunning for him.

Meh, I didn't really care. As it stood right now, I still had a chance of winning is Umu didn't give up. I probably would have switched to Carthrat, Killed Serpentarius, let the Majority do the talking, and then next day phase have teamed up with anyone willing to not kill me (although, even if I had pulled that situation, it would have wound up with Town becoming a Kingmaker.) I could have easily passed it off at an honest vig if Edible wasn't around to call me on it and he was NKed the following night.

Serp was a pretty good cop. I wouldn't have believed his claim at all if he hadn't come to me knowing I was untargetable (This was in PMs BTW in case you guys think you missed something.) He got me and Edible in contact, and came up with the plan that I would claim cop with results on them. Little too trusting of me, but the Godfather's death did clear me in that respect. Plus, there's no real reason to suspect an SK in a game with only one kill per night :p

I seem to roll third party more often than I roll Scum. Let's see, I was an assassin against an entire hospital of doctors, I was God in a cult based game, I've been a survivor in many games, including a crazy large setup where I was part of a five team game (The only team that doesn't need to be killed by another team, thereby making me fifth party), then I roll SK...

As for the Nightkills ... eeh? I didn't follow them at all. I mean, I completely had Umu pegged as scum just because the nightkills were remicient of what happened in my god game during night one. I was too lazy and tired to read through the day, and wound up killing based on a hunch. Then day two started, and the first questions I saw people ask was "Why didn't God kill the one person in the game he needs to kill?" I mean, it would have been nice to be a regular SK in this game, because then I would have killed the Obvtowns (Rou night one, either Edible or Alice night two, etc.)

That, and I still have some slight mental trauma from all that time playing NASU. ...Zak, you won't need that knife anymore, right?

Sorry bud. I've dropped all of my effects in the Nexus ... *pinches self*

Edible

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2009, 12:58:16 AM »

*cries*

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2009, 01:06:17 AM »
Town had many good players, but I think that Serp was particularly good at playing Cop. Early game had everyone pointing out how pro-town and confirmed he was, so at that point he probably saw an NK coming his way and started acting a little more scummy for safety. His Edible clear on day 2 probably felt scummy as well, but would have been a very clear breadcrumb in case he was killed. I was only disappointed that he didn't suspect his results on Zakeri on day 3.
You know, it's only when you mention it now that I consider the possibility it was deliberate. If Serp did actually do all this to get himself off the radar, he probably does deserve the MVP after all.

:/

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2009, 01:26:31 AM »
You know, it's only when you mention it now that I consider the possibility it was deliberate. If Serp did actually do all this to get himself off the radar, he probably does deserve the MVP after all.

He actually did, here's his Waking 1 action PM:
Attempting to fill my posts with cop antitells, I almost get myself lynched.  I suppose that makes sense.  Anyway, in a setting renowned for its mindfucks, I halfway expect to be an insane/paranoid cop, but I need to use what I have.

##Investigate Edible

A real pity, as I quite liked the setup (except for the D3 dream world. fuck that shit.)
What's so bad about allowing PMs for one day? I sincerely didn't think it would be particularly gamebreaking. The idea was to make everyone paranoid of any private proposals they might receive.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 01:34:21 AM by Nietz »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2009, 07:31:47 AM »
Also, one of these days people are going to not kill Kiro the first chance they get.  This is what, the third game in a row he was scum's first choice to kill? <_<

No kidding. But I bet the streak will end next game. Pesco modded games are not my forte.

I still don't understand why I was the Night 1 kill. I was fully expecting to take some shit for the last minute vote switch looking like a Scum Bus. Kill Roukan instead and then I've got some explaining to do. My role could only help so much although if people were confused whether the Dreamscape Changer was Town or Scum, I probably could get Townie credit for at least not changing it Day 1 before Pesco got lynched. In the end, I never got the chance to argue in my own defense.

From the looks of it, Serp played the Cop role really well. Not much else to add on that hasn't been said already.