~Bunbunmaru News~ > Ask a *Blank* Archive

Ask A Staffer Final Round - The Askening: Tengukami

<< < (2/20) > >>

nintendonut888:
If you could relive any of the eras of history you have lived, which would it be?

Tengukami:

--- Quote from: Jana on August 13, 2011, 02:50:54 AM ---Thoughts on Fallout 3?
--- End quote ---

Loved it, loved it, loved it. I tried a lot of different types of runs, and my favorite remains just picking a compass direction from a location and waking until I find something. I have half the locations mapped, and have picked up items pertaining to quests I haven't even begun yet. It's just great, sprawling fun. And it keeps me off the streets!

--- Quote from: Jana on August 13, 2011, 02:50:54 AM ---Did you get to play with the Homura mod? :>

--- End quote ---

NO?! But I want to based solely on the name.

--- Quote from: IronE-Nazrin on August 13, 2011, 02:55:35 AM ---Why is the Scandinavia region so goddamn awesome?

--- End quote ---

Scandos have this general "I'll mind my own business if you mind yours" mentality that permeates through every aspect of society, which leads to a generally liberal attitude about things such as religion, sex, drug use and so forth. And the one thing all Scandinavian/Nordic countries have in common is a strong social welfare system; the belief that we're responsible for each other. I'd say that sets them apart from most of Europe.

--- Quote from: Mami Tomatsuri on August 13, 2011, 03:02:53 AM ---Favorite kinds of music?
--- End quote ---

Anything that makes me feel something. I love all kinds of music, so long as it touches me in some way, whether through laughter, joy, or rage. And sometimes I just want a sick beat, and that leaves a lot of room open.

--- Quote from: Mami Tomatsuri on August 13, 2011, 03:02:53 AM ---What is the most important thing in life?
--- End quote ---

Gratitude, probably. An avid appreciation for what you have can make you feel very fortunate, humble, and more willing to help others who aren't as well off. That, and to accept yourself for who you are, part of which entails assuming responsibility for your life. From here, anything is possible.

--- Quote from: Mami Tomatsuri on August 13, 2011, 03:02:53 AM ---What is the most efficient way to keep on top of current world events?
--- End quote ---

Wire services, in particular their RSS feeds. Most browsers have extensions that will load RSS feeds from websites, and the big three news wires all have them.
AP
Reuters
AFP

RSS feeds from these sites are also good for bringing you the top stories. If there's a subject that interests you in particular (e.g., finance, the Middle east, technology), you can just pick up the RSS feeds from those pages, too.

Or you can just visit the sites themselves when you like. But these three wire services are the ones that do the boots-on-the-ground reporting that your local made-for-TV Colgate smile anchorman reads out every evening. This way, you get the raw news without the spin.

--- Quote from: Mami Tomatsuri on August 13, 2011, 03:02:53 AM ---What are some of the things that influenced your career choice?

--- End quote ---

I always liked writing, and when I was 13 we took this test called a CAT (Career Aptitude Test), where you answer a bunch of weird psychoanalytic questions, and receive a result that tells you what your ideal career would be. I don't know if they still have these. My top career pick was "journalist", and I kinda dismissed it until 2003, when I picked up a copy of the magazine I now work for, submitted an article, and got things started from there.

--- Quote from: Tic-TAC-Toe on August 13, 2011, 03:08:02 AM ---So what got you into Touhou?
--- End quote ---

Desuchan. Someone had posted a Rozen Maiden version of Marisa Stole the Precious Thing there, which got me interested in IOSYS, which led me to looking for lyrics translations, which led me to the Touhou wiki. There, I was sort of taken aback by all the detail and attention that a single dude had put into a shooter game. Mountain of Faith had just come out, so I tried that, and fell in love.

--- Quote from: Tic-TAC-Toe on August 13, 2011, 03:08:02 AM ---Are you ever worried about being seen as unprofessional because of your interest in anime?
--- End quote ---

Not really. Everyone I work with went from being sort of bemused by my interest in anime, to making a few light-hearted jokes, to asking for title recommendations. I think if you act like it's not a big deal, most people will take it that way, too.

--- Quote from: Tic-TAC-Toe on August 13, 2011, 03:08:02 AM ---...what happens if we get new staffers after Ask-A-Staffer ends?

--- End quote ---

The universe collapses under the weight of its own mass until the matter itself is crushed, releasing a powerful blast of energy that creates a new universe. And there's Combos.

--- Quote from: nintendonut888 on August 13, 2011, 03:20:10 AM ---If you could relive any of the eras of history you have lived, which would it be?

--- End quote ---

Man, so many possibilities. In France during the Enlightenment would have been entertaining, as would colonial America, Australia before it was found by Europeans, postwar Europe, 1950s America, and Japan during the student uprisings of the late 1960s.

But I really like the time I'm living in now. I didn't use to, to be honest, but I think my small corner of the world has become a better place to live in for me over the years.

Oh, that I have lived? I would like to re-experience the 70s as an adult. Those were surprisingly interesting times, but I wasn't old enough to appreciate them.

noodles:
Didn't you already do one of these  >:(

Rin Kagamine:
You again?

Tengukami:

--- Quote from: noodles on August 13, 2011, 08:30:13 AM ---Didn't you already do one of these  >:(

--- End quote ---

Indeed I did.

--- Quote from: Rin Kagamine on August 13, 2011, 08:32:36 AM ---You again?

--- End quote ---

Me again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version