Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 200054 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone
« Reply #960 on: September 29, 2019, 09:24:32 PM »
I've seen people suggest doing it on intermediate difficulty instead. I think that would only work if you already have a good strategy where your problem is getting run over by the reinforcements or boss, since 150k is very close to the cap of 160k.

I managed to barely squeeze out 150k damage (though on advanced) with two dancers and two guard astra horse effective melee units, no counter attacking. It did take all 7 turns and was barely over but it worked. Horse weak weapons will be your biggest friends. I didn't have to trap him either since he kept hitting one of the dancers in the back without moving. Giving the attackers breath of life can heal them back up.

If you want to trap him, there was someone that used Nailah to do it, and I tried making it work with Elise's Gravity but I ended up abandoning the strategy since I couldn't get enough damage in with her on the team. Maybe you could give it a try with Brave Cam?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #961 on: September 29, 2019, 10:42:09 PM »
Brave Camilla is pretty awkward for locking down rokkr in my experience since she needs to lose Wrathful Staff for Guard to keep them trapped, and she constantly damages herself which means she needs a dedicated healer to stay in Guard range. I may just need to give her a new build with Gravity but then she would be eating counterattacks too.

Isn't there a Feint variant that gives the opponent a cooldown debuff now? Maybe something involving that could ease up on the requirement of having so much Guard on rokkr teams.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #962 on: September 30, 2019, 02:42:13 AM »
Brave Cam's already has dazzling Gravity, what's damaging her is the Push skill, which you could replace with something else. Since you're not getting counterattacked, that's only -2 cooldown on the boss per turn, and I would imagine that as long as you can guide him towards a wall or corner to pin against with melee units or someone with Obstruct, you wouldn't need to use her anymore to trap him and use her for sweeping duty with the occasional heal. Dunno how well that'd work, depends on the map and AI probably.

The Ruse skills have that Guard effect, though you'll be sacc'ing a Brave Eliwood for that, which seems silly for a one time use thing. Witchy wand is apparently fantastic but that's a seasonal only weapon.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #963 on: September 30, 2019, 03:59:40 AM »
Is Ruse like Feint where it still triggers if a different unit uses Rally on the holder? Brave Eliwood is a pretty great Rokkr attacker against horse units, so a dedicated babysitting to constatly Rally him could be handy.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #964 on: September 30, 2019, 05:44:51 AM »
No horse effectiveness, unfortunately, only beast, if that's what you meant. Didn't cross my mind to simply use him himself as a unit, weird. Yeah, Ruse activates as long as he rallies or is rallied by someone else. Unlike Feint, it's also the cardinal directions of the other unit as well (Feint is only cardinal directions of the unit holding the Feint skill). Don't know how I feel about using a unit solely to rally-sit, but I guess it's not that different from having a healer unit healing around. You have about one more hour, but I'd imagine we'd be getting more bow rokkr bosses in the future if you don't manage to beat him.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #965 on: September 30, 2019, 12:44:38 PM »
Yeah I think I meant dragon effectiveness. Is that what his other thing is?

I didn't get around to testing that strategy in time, so it'll have to wait until next time I guess. Man, the window on the rokkr was way too short. But that's fine, I'm sure they'll be back.

Edit: Decided to blow some of my orbs on the Thrasir banner. I don't think I knew G Flier Duel was a thing and that would be nice to have a few copies of, and I could always use duplicate Eirs.

Spent about 200 of my 350 stones and got three Eirs, a duplicate Picnic Genny, and a Thrasir with horrible IVs. All three Eirs were in the first fifty orbs so if I had stopped there I would have gotten an amazing deal, but oh well.

So my understanding is that Eir makes light blessing more valuable for scoring at higher merges during light season, is that right? Want to make sure I understand the mechanic before I merge her up.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 01:08:38 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #966 on: September 30, 2019, 03:30:25 PM »
So from what I understand, merges are additive and only add 1 more lift point per merge. So a +3 merge gives 3 more lift per run.

Running multiple mythic heroes though is multiplicative.

There's a flat bonus of x10 to lift gain if you run any mythics at all, so with that in mind:
One +3 Eir and four light blessed units: 1x4x10 +3 = 43
Two Eirs, both at +1, and 3 light blessed heroes: 2?3?10 +2 = 62
And then add 80, the base lift gain, and 20, for the bonus unit, to those numbers to get your lift gain per battle.

Running three Eirs is only 'optimal' if they're all max merged, though I don't know how feasible that is in usage.

For your case, I'd it's best to just use two Eirs. Considering you only get a single point of lift per merge, you might even just save the extras for skill fodder.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #967 on: September 30, 2019, 04:25:41 PM »
Ooh yeah I'll probably do that then. Her fodder is pretty useful.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #968 on: October 04, 2019, 06:02:39 PM »
Everything in the new Feh Channel looks pretty great. Duo units seem like they have the potential to be stupidly overpowered but who even cares when Hector And Lilina is that cute, goddamn~

Tower of Forms seems like a neat new puzzly sort of game mode, that's always a welcome addition.

The changes to Aether Resort seem like a neat extra thing. More ways to get dragon flowers are fine and I'm just happy to see anything added to it, I think it could be fun if it just has a liiittle more to it.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #969 on: October 04, 2019, 06:30:33 PM »
I don't mind Duo skills since I had been wanting something like Advance Wars CO powers for a while. I do hope they fully explore the idea though instead of dropping them like the pair up legendaries. Whatever was the point of them.

Rogue-likes are cool so I'm looking forward to that.

I finally picked up an Eir so I can technically go do Aether Raids I suppose. 5 units sounds like a lot until you realize at least 2 of the slots are taken up, 3 if you run 2 mythics.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #970 on: October 04, 2019, 06:43:45 PM »
Personally I only tend to really go all out on Aether Raids when Eir is a bonus unit during a light season, which is somewhat common. It definitely helps that all of my teams are Goad Fliers teams and Eir is a flying unit, but I usually have four flex slots. Three once I get a second Eir online, but I'm definitely going to build the second one differently (Eir's self-sufficient set is more of a liability the bigger your team is). I got to tier 21 with just one of them, Escape Ladder and the new 2x power battles let you really minimize your number of dropped points. I think a perfect offense season is very plausible now.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #971 on: October 04, 2019, 09:35:47 PM »
You don't run the bonus unit?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #972 on: October 05, 2019, 01:14:47 AM »
I mean, I always do if it's a week where I'm making a big score push, but I usually only do that on weeks that Eir is a bonus unit.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #973 on: October 12, 2019, 09:14:40 PM »
Forma Hall is a good inclusion, really fun. People were asking for a Battle Factory-esque mode since year 1. I appreciate the rogue-like-ness of it, wish there were more torches. If they included punishments for dying, I think that could hand out some more.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #974 on: October 13, 2019, 01:59:07 AM »
Yeah, I've been having a ton of fun with it so far. It's not incredibly easy, obviously it's not the hardest thing ever, but just trying to blast through everything without repeating any floors has party wiped me once so far. Getting to play with weird abilities and units I don't usually use is neat.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #975 on: October 25, 2019, 03:33:03 AM »
I don't remember Silque being so... charismatic in SoV, but looking back at her dialogue I can see where it comes from. Didn't think I'd ever say this, but her forging bond definitely made me appreciate and like her a whole lot more. Also she made a great song. I'd want to build her eventually but she's absolutely not demoting any time soon, so that's unfortunate.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #976 on: November 18, 2019, 01:15:02 PM »
Rokkr Sieges are back and they're still pretty fun. I'm better prepared this time with sets, strats, and hopefully not forgetting when each battle ends somehow. Although at this point I kind of wish there was just a Guard seal so I didn't have to spend so many feathers on Titanias for Guard fodder...

Meanwhile, it's looking like there might not be an Adrift banner rerun. I guess it wouldn't have necessarily made sense for there to be one since it's not limited, not I had been kind of crossing my fingers that we might get something. Adrift Camilla has got to be one of the rarest characters in the game given her age and now infrequently she appears, and mine is +0 with a bad nature. Has she *ever* appeared on any other banner? She must have at some point but I can't remember where or when and it definitely wasn't recently.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #977 on: November 19, 2019, 05:41:24 AM »
I don't think she ever has. But I've been pitybroken by MCorrin twice now and, due to some other pitybreakers as well, I'm swimming in Null Followup fodder. It's a good skill, but I don't really run anyone who can use it well.

I've found Reyson to be a pretty great unit for Rokkr, since he's a flier (for helping proc my Palla's Whitewing sword), he heals, and he dances.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #978 on: November 19, 2019, 01:43:41 PM »
Yeah I have at least one duplicate of all of the other Adrift units and I've never tried to get any of them. Adrift Camilla, the unit so controversial the devs are trying to pretend she doesn't exist. :D

She's the only unit I've ever spent money to get and I guess I'm glad I did. (I had spent money on the game a few other times before that, but not necessarily because I was trying to get a specific unit.)

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #979 on: November 20, 2019, 03:09:54 PM »
Oof DC banner baited me hard. Tried to get another Nailah for NCD, came out with nothing.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #980 on: November 20, 2019, 04:20:43 PM »
Likewise, I've spent 600 orbs over the last two days trying to get one Igrene for Life/Death 4 fodder and one Nailah for Null C Disrupt fodder. I got the Igrene, but I still don't have a Nailah. I pulled plenty of other good stuff (three Nagis somehow despite not trying to pull on green) but the actual stuff I wanted is not going great. I hope no huge banners I'm excited about pop up right away because I'll be in big trouble if Christmas Camilla comes out or something. :D

Although I didn't realize until partway through pulling for Nailah that fliers can't use Null C Disrupt. I kept pulling because I can definitely use it on someone else, but that's kind of a bummer.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #981 on: November 20, 2019, 08:45:18 PM »
This DC banner is so phenomenal, I'm suspecting something ridiculous is waiting right around the corner.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #982 on: November 20, 2019, 09:47:37 PM »
Ridiculous is fine, I can ignore ridiculous. As long as it's not purple and riding a dragon, which it prooobably isn't. Probably.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #983 on: November 21, 2019, 12:56:23 AM »
I wouldn't sit too comfortably, sir spent 600 orbs on the past 2 non purple banners. Could introduce like a goad Fliers 2 skill or something. Likely? Not that in particular, but something pretty desirable, I'm suspecting.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #984 on: November 21, 2019, 03:33:58 AM »
Yeah, some sort of primo fodder would be challenging.

We have Goad Fliers 2, it's called Camilla's Axe.  :D

By the way, what's the strat for the current round of Rokkr battles? I can think of a few possible strategies but they're stupid expensive and I don't really want to grind out all the skill points I would need to get Brave Bow Special Fighter Halloween Niles going and cross my fingers that that's actually enough to compensate for the lost DPS from not getting to make counterattacks. Maybe if I had Nailah I could have someone else trap the Rokkr in a corner and have Nailah stand within their range to keep countering, but I do not. So far my best practical guess has been to just try to brute force Veronica with anti-horse weapons and that hasn't even come close to enough.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #985 on: November 21, 2019, 04:59:48 AM »
I failed once against Veronica, but got it on my Loki try. I used Palla and Est (both Guard Galeforce), along with Reyson and Eir as support, this on the medium difficulty, since Palla/Est don't have too high res. Reyson healed and danced, and Eir also heals from anywhere on the map while taking out approaching enemies. Managed to get her trapped in a corner somehow, though I don't think it mattered. I don't see any involved strategies reading around, just the 'keep hitting her until she dies' sort.

Are you using Galeforce? You'd be missing out on a lot of attacks if you aren't. That's why I prefer the melee attackers, though people have been doing it with Brave Bows with triple dancers. If you have a pair up melee person, you could give them Galeforce for extra attacks too.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #986 on: November 25, 2019, 05:14:19 AM »
Hot take: Ophelia is by far the biggest mistake the devs have ever made. I would rather play against two Legendary Azuras every single Aether Raids battle than one Ophelia every other battle.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #987 on: November 26, 2019, 05:05:28 AM »
Given I haven't really encountered her since I don't play competitively, you should take my opinion with grains of salt. But I think she only does what could be done with infantry pulse easier. Not that that makes her any less annoying. I hear she stops appearing as often in the post 21 higher tiers though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #988 on: November 30, 2019, 04:52:07 PM »
Alright, after 13 months Adrift Camilla finally returns!  I don't have many orbs saved (although I picked up an Altina with horrible IVs with a modest orb investment yesterday, she'll be nice to have in my back pocket) but I just really need one extra copy of her. I have a lot of in-game orbs that I haven't claimed yet right now, eight days to work with, and a Google Play gift card if it comes down to that, so fingers crossed I can get at least one with decent IVs. Would have been nice to be able to try to just +10 her if I still had my huge orb stockpile, but since this banner is pretty bad overall I think it's probably better that I spent them how I did over the past few weeks.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #989 on: December 02, 2019, 04:15:57 AM »
I did laugh when I saw her, right after I said we'd get baited too.

Sothis is necessary to dragon emblem, still it sucks she's a AR-Defense mythic hero though. All I want now is Ninian to get a supportive prf for her dragonstone. No dragons have any support effects in their weapons, that's kinda nuts.