Author Topic: Best Idea Mafia - Game Over  (Read 23597 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #180 on: June 12, 2012, 11:45:52 AM »
To the people in the graveyard complaining about the fakeclaim, as soon as I saw it, I pretty much went "GOD DAMMIT PX WHY."

But this explains why everyone kept saying we were town. Because they knew we weren't. ;_;

There's no way you could know, of course, but the other reason is because 5/7 players are scum.
SCUM LURKING EXPLAINS THE LACK OF POSTING
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:53:04 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #181 on: June 12, 2012, 12:25:11 PM »
"This game was stupid," thought I have no name, as he bled to death on his porch.
This.
This so much.

Also I'm fully aware I played like crap this game.

Quote from: role PM
can't be primed by arsonist
This effectively made me fireproof even though it shouldn't have been there so I wasn't fakeclaiming either  :V

Going into this all I was hoping for was not to be scum because I can't fake-scumhunt.  and I got uninformed minority.

« Reply #182 on: June 12, 2012, 12:51:16 PM »
Also a general thing: I don't think the non-posting parts of hydras should be allowed to talk with anyone but their hydra partner.
In practice they could still use the main head to post in the neighbour/mason/whatever qt for them, but since this is a significant bother, it would at least reduce the effectivity.
For this particular game, if the neighbours weren't so dead certain they're both town I think it would have been more balanced.

With how lazy PX was this game, I wonder if I would've ever gotten to do anything but ramble on and on in our QT without getting anything posted in the neighbour QT or in thread. I remember at some point I was like "you wanted a hydra to have somebody to talk to, but then you don't talk to me at all ;_;"

Props to Neko for the really successful play this game, I'd only have lynched him if I had to choose between him and Serela, and mostly just because of low activity rate, everything else was pretty solid.

Edit: Also my "case" on Dorian was genuine, I didn't even consider the possibility that we were scum by then. It wouldn't have gotten him lynched, but it was the kind of thing that irked me enough for a vig.

Edit2: And I can understand the hydra hate, I was really active in D2 this game due to... pretty much being able to slack off in what I was supposed to be doing, but I wouldn't have been able to post at all at some points in D1, nor would I have been able to post for over half of D3 if the game had continued, hence looking for a hydra instead of just playing. I wasn't really going to post in-thread either, but PX always posted while I was asleep, and then it was 5-6 hours to deadline and people wanted us lynched, so I had to do something to try not to lose.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:04:13 PM by Vhaltz »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2012, 12:53:23 PM »
He wanted a hydra so that you'd play the game for him.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2012, 03:54:41 PM »
More like Worst Idea Mafia amirite.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #185 on: June 12, 2012, 08:22:48 PM »
So I'm finally reading through the QTs and apparently my ED2 was actually decent?

btw I was lying about a lot of stuff then, I saw the claim, panicked then spent the entire rest of the time trying to come up with fakeclaim+flavor and planning out my D2 opening.  ...and then I went back to derping hard late D2.  Like I did all D1.

Also Conq forgot to mention I'm secretly a traitor traitor  :V

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2012, 09:50:40 PM »
I got the sneaking suspicion that the Masons were the scum team on claim, but had no idea that this was a "Scum is town" game. The red flips should have tipped me off.

I actually crumbed "I'm scum" mid D2, and I suspected Omba was a scumbuddy after he mentioned Switzerland. Too bad I missed deadline to do anything about it.

Well, good game I guess. I didn't see that one coming.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:01:14 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2012, 06:14:15 AM »
Mod confirmation that everyone is scum.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #188 on: June 14, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »
So who was the one fakeclaiming? EVERYONE! But Omba. :V

Welcome, Omba, to Best Idea Mafia!
You are aligned with the Mafia!
In fact, you're a Traitor!
Once a loyal member of the mafia rank and file, you fell out of favour after you were caught visiting the Netherlands with your boss's wife while you were tired and emotional. Oops. At least they didn't force you into the fertilizer business. Still, you have work to do, and first on the agenda is taking over this small town.

You have the following abilities to assist you in your endeavours:

* Traitor: Due to your unreliable nature, you haven't been trusted with the identities of the other members of the mafia.

You win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening. Best of luck! Confirm in the thread. vote is unstealable if unrecruited

:V  Not quite!  I just noticed this

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #189 on: June 14, 2012, 08:54:50 PM »
I still want to lynch PX, even after reread
My reasons are:
-Slugishness D1, he wasn't doing all that much, lots of sidelining.. I guess I'm guilty of the same thing today but I've been busy.
-Claim is a null read in the end, so that shouldn't really affect my decision. I'll wait for PX to answer Omba's question, he does bring
up a good point, why DID he shoot Dorian? Also somewhat wonder why if Dorian died why no scum kill?
Might be forced to pick IHNN, though, since Omba reads pretty town, and if its' a me-over-not-me then he's the only other choice.

that was brave :D

Don't lynch me.