Author Topic: Best Idea Mafia - Game Over  (Read 24016 times)

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2012, 01:31:34 AM »
Fuck you too. Seriously.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Night Two
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2012, 01:32:12 AM »
Votecount: Hammer edition

I have no name (1): NekoNekoRex
Serela (0):
Omba (3): Serela, I have no name, PX - LYNCH
NekoNekoRex (1): I have no name
PX (0):

Not voting: Omba

Omba was mocked by the mods one too many times!

It is now Night 2. You have 24 hours to send in your night actions.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:34:33 AM by Ran Yakumo »

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2012, 04:13:51 AM »
What is a scumbag? A miserable little pile of best ideas.

Serela finished wiping off the saw and tossed the bloody rag in the rubbish bin. Another perfectly good towel, wasted. Why did cats have to bleed so much?
"You scare me sometimes, Serela." capt. h eyed the flower garden suspiciously.
"You were totally okay with it! Besides, this is so much fun!" Serela grinned.
"I only told you not to overthink stuff too much."

"I warned you about the voices, Serela." PX whistled as he rubbed out a suspicious smudge with his shoe.
"Hey, it takes one to know one. Anyway, we still have one last loose end. You coming along, PX?"
"Vhaltz," PX corrected. "PX took the backseat a while ago."

----

When they came for him, he was already waiting for them. He'd figured everything out. Everyone was scum, naturally. Perhaps it was a commentary on the violent hierarchy prevalent in the game of mafia. There is always a dominant force in the battle between two sides, and the fact that everyone was scum was a reflection of the meta. Or something like that.
"There is nothing outside the text," explained I have no name. "Scum is scum and town is town. Regardless of your true nature, if you play like scum, are you not scum? But at the same time, are mafia who think they are town not town? Words are meaningless without the context. Such is the nature of language. Henceforth we shall create new terminology to describe this phenomen-"
"Postmodern Derridean bullshit," Serela offered, lodging a bullet in no name's temple. "Also, wasn't I so obvtown this game? :D"
"This game was stupid," thought I have no name, as he bled to death on his porch.

NekoNekoRex was sent on the way to destruction Night 2!
I have no name was endgamed Day 3!
Serela survived Day 3!
PX survived Day 3!

Town Wins! FLAWLESS VICTORY

Setup and other stuff coming later.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:24:53 PM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

PX

• School Idol?
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2012, 04:14:23 AM »
FUCK YEAH HI5 SERELA!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2012, 04:14:43 AM »
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAJAJA

« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2012, 04:22:15 AM »
set-up was town slanted, scum needed a godfather

Conqueror

« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2012, 04:23:57 AM »
Setup:
5 Mafia Traitors with "mod notes"
2 Town Neighbor Vigilantes

Welcome, Serela, to Best Idea Mafia!
You are aligned with the Town!
As a matter of fact, you're a Co-Vigilante Neighbour!
Some unruly folks recently showed up in your town, and it's up to you to do something about it before the problem gets out of hand.

To do this, you have the following abilities:
  • Constant Vigilance: You are in a neighborhood with PX (feat. Vhaltz). You may converse with them at any time here. The two of you share a night kill that one of you may perform. At night, each of you may independently PM the mod the name of the player between you who will perform the kill attempt, as well as the name of the targeted player. If both neighbors submit the same killer and target, the assigned player will perform the kill attempt; if there is a conflict no action will be taken. Lack of submission indicates compliance with any other submitted actions.

You win when all threats (survivor does not count as threat) to your faction have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening. Best of luck! Confirm in the thread.

Welcome, PX/Vhaltz, to Best Idea Mafia!
As a matter of fact, you're a Co-Vigilante Neighbour!
Some unruly folks recently showed up in your town, and it's up to you to do something about it before the problem gets out of hand.

To do this, you have the following abilities:
  • Invisible Man: Over time, PX has befriended a mysterious character by the name of Vhaltz, who sometimes "encourages" PX to "do things" that he wouldn't otherwise do. Strangely, no one else ever notices this Vhaltz guy. He occupies a little enclave in PX's mind here. Only PX may converse with other people in the thread.
  • Constant Vigilance: You are in a neighborhood with Serela. You may converse with him at any time here. The two of you share a night kill that one of you may perform. At night, each of you may independently PM the mod the name of the player between you who will perform the kill attempt, as well as the name of the targeted player. If both neighbors submit the same killer and target, the assigned player will perform the kill attempt; if there is a conflict no action will be taken. Lack of submission indicates compliance with any other submitted actions.

You win when all threats (survivor does not count as threat) to your faction have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening. Best of luck! Confirm in the thread.

Welcome, ActionDan, to Best Idea Mafia!
You are aligned with the Mafia!
In fact, you're a Traitor!
Once a loyal member of the mafia rank and file, you fell out of favour after you were caught visiting the Netherlands with your boss's wife while you were tired and emotional. Oops. (Super miller; will return unfavourable results from all investigations) At least they didn't force you into the fertilizer business. Still, you have work to do, and first on the agenda is taking over this small town.

You have the following abilities to assist you in your endeavours:
  • Traitor: Due to your unreliable nature, you haven't been trusted with the identities of the other members of the mafia.

You win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening. Best of luck! Confirm in the thread.

Welcome, NekoNekoRex, to Best Idea Mafia!
Once a loyal member of the mafia rank and file (cannot be recruited by cult as a result), you fell out of favour after you were caught visiting the Netherlands with your boss's wife while you were tired and emotional. Oops. At least they didn't force you into the fertilizer business. Still, you have work to do, and first on the agenda is taking over this small town.

• Traitor: Due to your unreliable nature, you haven't been trusted with the identities of the other members of the mafia.

You win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening. Best of luck! Confirm in the thread.

Welcome, Omba, to Best Idea Mafia!
Once a loyal member of the mafia rank and file, you fell out of favour after you were caught visiting the Netherlands with your boss's wife while you were tired and emotional. Oops. At least they didn't force you into the fertilizer business. Still, you have work to do, and first on the agenda is taking over this small town.

You win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening. Best of luck! Confirm in the thread. vote is unstealable if unrecruited

Welcome, Dorian G., to Best Idea Mafia!
Once a loyal member of the mafia rank and file, you fell out of favour after you were caught visiting the Netherlands with your boss's wife while you were tired and emotional. Oops. At least they didn't force you into the fertilizer business. Still, you have work to do, and first on the agenda is taking over this small town.

Gains hated status when motivated

Welcome, I have no name, to Best Idea Mafia!
In fact, you're a Traitorcan't be primed by arsonist.!

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #157 on: June 12, 2012, 04:25:11 AM »
Yeah, agree the setup as run was town-sided. We probably should have made one of the mafia a doctor, but it slipped our mind in the conversion to 7P. Whoops.

« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2012, 04:26:05 AM »
should've been a rolecop or roleblocker or something to keep with the theme

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2012, 04:26:10 AM »
So who was the one fakeclaiming? EVERYONE! But Omba. :V

Conqueror

« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2012, 04:27:48 AM »
Mod QT
PX x Vhaltz QT
Serela x Capth QT
Neighbor Vigilante QT - This one was 390 messages long for some reason :wikipedia:
Graveyard

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #161 on: June 12, 2012, 04:28:21 AM »
Sample CopSK PM:
Welcome, <Playername>, to Best Idea Mafia!
In fact, you're the Private Investigator!
You warned them about the new folks they were letting into this town. You knew they were up to no good. But they didn't listen, and now you're stuck in this mess. Now it's up to you to do your thing before things can get any worse than they already are. This is your house, and no one messes around in your house!

You have the following abilities to get to the bottom of this mess:
  • Skeletons in the Closet: You're the top dog in the business. Sherlock Holmes ain't got nothing on your talent. Every night, you may investigate a player to determine their alignment. The moderator will then publicly announce your result at the beginning of the following day.

You win when all threats to your faction are eliminated. Best of luck! Confirm in the thread.

Sample ScumTown Doctor PM:
Welcome, <Playername>, to Best Idea Mafia!
In fact, you're the Traitor Doctor!
Originally the boss's right hand man entrusted with the task of keeping him in good health, you got a little tipsy during a barkeeping gig at your boss's birthday party. So when your boss's wife came up to you and ordered a double entendre, you gave it to her! You've thus fallen into disgrace, but you're just glad you weren't forced to assume room temperature. Now they've given you another chance to prove your worth, and it all starts by taking over this small town.

• Doctor: As a trained medical professional, you can cure any wound or illness as long as it's not too late. Every night, you may target a player, and any attempts on their life will fail.

It's a pity that we never got to use these roles.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:33:52 AM by Ran Yakumo »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #162 on: June 12, 2012, 04:30:30 AM »
7/2 mountainous is pretty heavily lopsided in favor of ... uh, town, in this case.

At least the game was over quickly!

« Reply #163 on: June 12, 2012, 04:31:41 AM »
also, hw for spectator mvp for catching dan as scum 8)

« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2012, 04:35:27 AM »
imo the "town" thinking they were scum and the "scum" thinking they were town probably made the set-up even more slanted. a traitor is gonna be more concerned about keeping himself alive than lynching scum, and the people he thinks are the scum are the people he's gonna think are his buddies

so basically if people had that mindset then this game punished scumtownhunting until d2.

Conqueror

« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2012, 04:40:22 AM »
I'm actually interested in who the traitors thought their scumbuddies were.

But yeah, the game would definitely have worked better with more traitors, since then they might have a Day 3 to work out stuff instead of just 2 effective days (day one of which is useless)

fwiw psuedo-lylo happened because neighbor vigs weren't technically confirmed town to each other but with the 4 person neighborhood they all trusted each other so well they might as well have been masons

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2012, 04:41:51 AM »
I found it amusing when the RNG decided that the two hydras should be in the neighbourhood.

« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2012, 04:44:55 AM »
MotK Mafia needs less hydras tbh

Conqueror

« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2012, 04:46:13 AM »
This game did pretty effectively show the POWER OF HYDRAS
I mean just look at that QT and imagine it with just Serela/PX :derp:
hydras so op

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2012, 04:57:55 AM »
"5 traitors.

and

2 town masons. with a VIG between them

THATs it isnt it. "

"Curious who you think who fits in what faction for the scenarios you described in the hypothetical case they were correct (none of them were, but it makes for an interesting thought experiment). "

Pfft technicalities.  "masons" = "neighbors"

I most definitely thought IHNN was my scum buddy.  if not him then Serela.  God damn those last two votes were awful.  I admit Hw that your beef against my D1 play was legit.  If I was town I might have just claimed everything in one go immediately instead of pretending I was trying to catch Neko off-guard first.  Dorian was a good buddy. 

I think the scum should have mass-claimed traitor D2.  It was kinda obvious (note Conq mind-fucked me in the GY, but if he didn't, I would have claimed)

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2012, 05:00:11 AM »
My first post was me trying my hardest to scum hunt btw.  I did think Dorian was scum when I voted him.  And the question to Omba was legit.  Similarly, I thought Serela + Px was town at that point.

Afterwards I thought Dorian was town from his response and I thought Omba was town for tearing down IHNN in 2 sec flat.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2012, 05:04:26 AM »
O yeah, when Dorian said

"Px I get what you're doing with your first vote"

he obviously meant your first 'serious' vote on IHNN.  DERP

Don't lynch me.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2012, 05:07:48 AM »
I leave for 6 hours...

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED.

ActionDan

« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2012, 05:10:35 AM »
fun stuff Capt.h.

Actually in light of the next mafia game, Px and Serela by extensive had a slightly more informed position as did I.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2012, 05:30:31 AM »
man this game only took 148 posts to finish.  Record low I think

Don't lynch me.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #175 on: June 12, 2012, 06:10:59 AM »
I think the scum should have mass-claimed traitor D2.
I considered this. But the possibility of multiple scum factions stopped me from doing that.
Especially because I thought that maybe my faction had 3 players, 2 of which could already be dead.

Btw until near the end of D2 I did all I could to actually catch scum. Only at the end did I go "ok, let's just hope No name dies."

Got to say I actually like the underlying idea for this setup. The balance sucked, but still, it was fun.
Well, at least now I won't have to strangle Conq and Dormio because I didn't loose to something other than being lynched or killed. :V

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2012, 07:59:21 AM »
Also a general thing: I don't think the non-posting parts of hydras should be allowed to talk with anyone but their hydra partner.
In practice they could still use the main head to post in the neighbour/mason/whatever qt for them, but since this is a significant bother, it would at least reduce the effectivity.
For this particular game, if the neighbours weren't so dead certain they're both town I think it would have been more balanced.

« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2012, 08:00:59 AM »
"town reads are cheap" becomes "town reads are cheap, unless you're scumbuddies, in which case you steamroll the game"

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #178 on: June 12, 2012, 10:21:42 AM »
It's silly considering the circumstances but I feel kinda betrayed, the first time that I could play on my own as scum but no I were just ?misguided town in disguise?, how disappointing.

O yeah, when Dorian said

"Px I get what you're doing with your first vote"

he obviously meant your first 'serious' vote on IHNN.  DERP
No, it was meant as, ?PX, I guess you placed you joke vote provocative to end RVS ? ? that was at last what I thought.

Also:
Case on Dorian
... nonsense ...
No matter how ?frickin' weird? a setup may be you still need to draw the line where you say this could be true and that not so I used this as orientation just as much as I would have used it as town. The point about fluffing up my post is just plain wrong so all in all was your reason to kill me that you didn't liked my RPing.
Lazy excuses as expected from green scum.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

« Reply #179 on: June 12, 2012, 11:31:49 AM »
It was a stretch, yes, but it was several small things adding up, and it was as good as a case could actually get in this game.

Seriously about half of that QT is just me killing braincells over role stuff because I couldn't make a case worth a damn with what was in the thread. Then people started to want to lynch PX in the last 6 hours of the game so I had to type up that huge wall in a hurry when it was past midnight and I needed sleep, ending up in the mess that it was.
I also told people to stop thinking they were scum, because even if it were true, it wouldn't really change anything other than town play into scummy play that would get them lynched, pretty much like playing self-governor with the power turned off. But then Serela went batshit at the end of D2.

Quote from: Dan
I get the feeling she thought both miller's were town and then said einie minnie moe
Quote from: Serela
fuck I just realized we're practically the decider vote here, assuming they each show up to Not Me Over Me. whyyyy. I'm not up for that right now. EENIE MEENIE MINIE DAN.
BAHAHA :V