Author Topic: Best Idea Mafia - Game Over  (Read 23999 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2012, 03:53:25 AM »
What about Omba now? See anything with his response to the flips?

Also, you do Ape Escape runs?
What Omba posted makes a lot of sense and I agree with it.

Yes, yes I do.  I'm chasing sub 1 hour for now.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2012, 04:27:45 AM »
I have no name: Do you think Dan was scum? What do you think of me in light of that?
Claim is null; I guess it's a role that could be in the game, but it's not provable and either way not necessarily town-aligned.

Neko: Err... anything you want to ask anyone? Any concrete stance on anyone today?

PX: ... hasn't done that much, but really doesn't read like scum anyhow.

Serela: The usual waffle king. Doesn't read like scum either. I'd really like to have usable flips here because of his No name -> Dan switch, but eh.

That basically boils down to

##Vote I have no name
FoS: NekoNekoRex

Also, I think the massclaim is a good idea. Certainly not ideal, but since we have no flips, we need every little bit of information we can get.
There is the possibility of there being a role we're better off not outing, but I don't think we should bet on that.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2012, 04:52:34 AM »
##Unvote
Errgh. I still want to lynch No name, but I just noticed a possibility that would make a scum quickhammer not useful for us on the off chance that he's town.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2012, 05:27:02 AM »
I have no name: Do you think Dan was scum? What do you think of me in light of that?
I think that there was a decent chance of Dan being scum, and tbh I don't really think anyone is definitely scum at the moment.
Maybe there will be more stuff in the morning to form an opinion on.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2012, 05:40:07 AM »
Ah, it appears I forgot to put a concrete vote or FoS on. I kind of asked who all wanted to massclaim in my latter post

Right now I have a gut against PX because as I said before I feel like he's standing off to the side amidst the discussion, not really putting any concrete cases down
Serela is apparently waffly as a meta thing, which I wouldn't know, hurr hurr, so I guess that kind of curbs my suspicion a tad, although I'm paranoid so not really guess?

I haven't read too closely into the recent posts yet but as of that last bit of posts of mine PX would probably be my #1.

Subject to change as I analyze more, although I just got done with a grad party thing I attended all day, and I'll probably be seeping sometime soon. I'll do what I can.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2012, 05:51:19 AM »
I kind of feel like this is a dumb question to ask the mod, but red flips are anti-town, right? (obviously it would normally be implied but this is a bastard game and not actually stated so I dunno)
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2012, 06:07:34 AM »
I kind of feel like this is a dumb question to ask the mod, but red flips are anti-town, right? (obviously it would normally be implied but this is a bastard game and not actually stated so I dunno)
Color indicates alignment. (If that doesn't answer your question perhaps you can rephrase it.)

(Also next time directly address the mod just so it's clear, unless you weren't asking me in which case oops.)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 06:09:10 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2012, 06:15:12 AM »
Also for some reason Omba is completely not on my scumdar (as in I can't get a good read on him), even after reading his posts. I don't know how to feel about that, tbh.

But this is rambling tinfoil hat posting so I dunno.

Questions for Omba:
Does Dan's calling me and IHNN out as the scumteam mean anything to you? Do you think that a me-IHNN scumteam is plausible in your view? Not that I'm trying to imply anything, obviously. I just kind of find it coincidental that your suspicions are the same as Dan's. (Why am I trying to justify my questions?)

Does your claim have any flavor, IHNN?

@Mod Ninja: Yeah, I was asking you, the mod, which colors correlate to what alignment, since it's not totally clear and only implyable

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2012, 03:33:47 PM »
Does your claim have any flavor, IHNN?
I'm a scientist who created a nuclear powered jetpack.  Unfortunately it requires wearing both a radiation suit and a fire suit to be used safely, and when it the radiation leaked the suits coalesced, trapping me inside.

2 scum flips in 7P non-LYLO followed by 5P pseudo-LYLO?  That doesn't add up...unless this is a no night-kill multiple faction game?  For balance it's probably 2-2-3, assuming now it's 2-3 then any post-lynch kill on town makes it scum victory.  Ugh my head hurts from trying to figure out the actual setup, finding the scum would probably be more productive except I have no [real] leads.
But this is rambling tinfoil hat posting so I dunno.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2012, 05:46:56 PM »
I just noticed a possibility that would make a scum quickhammer not useful for us on the off chance that he's town.
Are you willing to share this possibility?

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2012, 06:35:20 PM »
I think that there was a decent chance of Dan being scum, and tbh I don't really think anyone is definitely scum at the moment.
Maybe there will be more stuff in the morning to form an opinion on.
Then rather than definitely scum, anyone that looks scummy at all? No idea who you actually suspect today.
If you want more content to get reads, you'll most likely have to make an effort to generate more content.

Does Dan's calling me and IHNN out as the scumteam mean anything to you? Do you think that a me-IHNN scumteam is plausible in your view?
It doesn't. I have no idea what alignment Dan had and what alignments are even in the game. Maybe he was scum. Maybe he was a death miller. Maybe he was scum and there's one more third parties and/or a second scum team. In any case, I have no idea if Dan and No name / you have the same alignment if you are scum, so what reads he had on whom is pretty useless for me.
No idea. Unless we get a flip with a different color than the two we have so far, I won't bother with reading into relations / speculating about scum teams. It's useless anyway if I have nothing definite to go by.
For all I know, all town flips could be shown as red. Pretty unlikely, but possible still.

Since PX seems to be your top scum read, could you write out a slightly more verbose case on him?

Are you willing to share this possibility?
Eh, I guess it doesn't really matter now.
This being Pseudo-LyLo, there are a few possibilities as for why it's pseudo as opposed to actual LyLo. Some sort of multi-kill role that is not mafia aligned, multiple scum/third parties that don't win with each other, or protective / kill-immune roles.
The latter is why a scum quickhammer would not be useful for us - if the pseudo part comes only from the possibility of scum trying to kill a kill-immune player, then we have no one that could kill off the scum that'd out himself by quickhammering.
Obviously, if there actually is a town player that is bulletproof or similar (leaving No name aside) and he has more to his role than that, it might be a good idea not to claim the unkillable part.

And btw, I'd kind of like to hear more :stuff: from PX and Serela. Talking with my two scum reads is nice and all, but...

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2012, 07:11:56 PM »
No idea who you actually suspect today.
That's the thing-as of right now, no one, and I don't know how to go about changing that.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2012, 07:12:32 PM »
I suppose LaL could come into play here, but I'd rather not do that in any form of LyLo

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2012, 07:36:38 PM »
This being Pseudo-LyLo, there are a few possibilities as for why it's pseudo as opposed to actual LyLo. Some sort of multi-kill role that is not mafia aligned, multiple scum/third parties that don't win with each other, or protective / kill-immune roles.
The latter is why a scum quickhammer would not be useful for us - if the pseudo part comes only from the possibility of scum trying to kill a kill-immune player, then we have no one that could kill off the scum that'd out himself by quickhammering.
Obviously, if there actually is a town player that is bulletproof or similar (leaving No name aside) and he has more to his role than that, it might be a good idea not to claim the unkillable part.
scum quickhammer is always a bad outcome to leave possible in lylo, even if it's pseudo-lylo, unless you have a VERY good reason to believe the game WON'T end before the next day despite it. (If any of you are thinking of bringing that game up, I thought I had very good reason to believe it wouldn't end until my epiphany right after I voted so be quiet ;_;)

We don't have good reason to believe the game won't end from a wrong lynch unless you've (With "you" being any of you) got some weird role that assures you of it beyond reasonable doubt, and there could still possibly be two scum, so we'll worry about the possible quicklynch that would probably be bad, and it's obvious why.

The way Omba went about handling that honestly makes me want to just town clear him. Not that there was anything I disliked about him before, either. But I think scum would have thought that out better before they started talking about it. There's a lot of weird things in how he explained it that I can't be bothered to figure out how to adequately explain, partially because I forgot them.

ANYWAY, this entire post other then Ombaclear is practically fluff, I know, but I'll get something better out later :/ Still trying to figure out who I'd want to lynch out of you people. Not Omba, but that still leaves... oh jeez there's only three others. I guess picking out the one I think is worst couldn't be too hard. Ah well, I've gotta leave pretty soon, but I'll reread until then.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2012, 10:22:20 PM »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2012, 12:23:45 AM »
The moderator never answered my question on what colors correlate to what alignment in player flips, or if the color even matters

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2012, 12:25:14 AM »
The moderator never answered my question on what colors correlate to what alignment in player flips, or if the color even matters
Color indicates alignment.

Your color equals your alignment. People with the same color are of the same alignment/faction and would presumably be working towards the same wincon as in any other game.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:27:50 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2012, 01:24:34 AM »
Baaaah, the only ones I feel solid enough to not vote for is Serela and probably Neko. Actually... To make this less dull.

@Everyone
Pick one person you would vote for the most, and come up with 2 reasons why. Also, if we're going to mass claim, now would be the time with IHNN popcorning (picking) someone to claim, and then they claim and pick someone else etc.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2012, 01:42:46 AM »
random.org says PX claim next.

I suppose LaL could come into play here, but I'd rather not do that in any form of LyLo
This is really only PX although for all I know *timezeones* could be causing it and it's pretty moot given that he just posted.

Then there are the mods for being cheating b******s, but they can't be lynched so moot anyway.

I guess Neko would be the one I'm willing to vote most right now?  It's really only barely, and the 2 requested reasons are:
1. Contributing little (everyone's guilty of this except Serela D1 and Omba D2)
2. seemingly "active lurking", though I may be missing the usefulness in the posts.
2.5: gut.

Bluh I feel so useless this game, I'm more clueless than usual.  :V

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2012, 03:20:42 AM »
I am a neighbour vigilante. Together with my partner, we decide which one of us can perform our action. The other one does nothing. Last night we decided that I kill Dorian.

Flavor is that I'm here to stop some new folks before they start causing trouble in my town.

My neighbor claims next.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2012, 03:22:48 AM »
Oh right if either of us die, the other can't use his power.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2012, 04:58:52 AM »
PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEECKS

I told you it'd be better to just leave out the neighbor part ;_;

Oh fine. I'm his neighbor. Double hydra neighborhood QT, go! Same flavor; we don't like the new people who came to our town, and we want to clear them out before it becomes a huge issue.

I am a neighbor roleblocker.

We are not mod-alignment-confirmed to eachother, but the way Vhaltz acts in QT makes me pretty confident they're town.

Everyone who's claimed so far puts in another possibility of why we're in pseudo-lylo, so we can't expect to figure out what the situation with that is despite claims. But hopefully they'll help us pick out who to lynch.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2012, 05:05:36 AM »
Omba is the only person who hasn't claimed, although I guess Neko hasn't fullclaimed. Since neko has already claimed as much as death miller, I don't really care at all which of you goes next, but it either of you post and say you want the other to claim before you (Or don't mention your claiming at all) I will punch you in the face.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2012, 05:54:14 AM »
I don't like how my top picks are neighbors. This makes things complex and difficult.

Anyways, I'm a Retired Mafioso, I used to be in the Mafia, but I decided to settle down and quit my life of crime, make a family, have some kids. My criminal record is still long and convoluted, though, so I've had to avoid the cops on a number of occasions. And also avoid some of my former "friends". I've been forced to rat a few of my buddies out to get out of the pokey more than once.

Anyways, I'm now going to have lots of trouble deciding who I want lynched. With PX and Serela neighbors and both of them being fairly sure the other is a townie, that doesn't leave much for me to pick

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2012, 05:57:29 AM »
Also, yeah, about my lack of activity, I've been awfully lately. Particularly last weekend, in  which I had to go do two role-play sessions and attend a graduation part, so I haven't had many opportunities to sit down and read up, usually only late at night (like now)

It doesn't help everyone is so goddamn town-reading.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2012, 06:51:39 AM »
Your color equals your alignment. People with the same color are of the same alignment/faction and would presumably be working towards the same wincon as in any other game.
Are colors in role PMs and flips (generally) the same?

PX: I'd vote No name. Day 1 bullshit case that very much looked fabricated and D2 zero stances on anyone until very late (#108). For more reasons, just go re-read.

So, claim time. I'm a Vanilla Townie. According to flavor I once had some sort of awesome powers, but a trip to the Netherlands made me lose them, so now I'm just a useless stoner.
There's a little sort of "haha screw you" by the mod tacked onto the end of the flavor.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2012, 07:03:11 AM »
Right.

PX: Why did you decide to shoot Dorian?

As for the neighbor claim; it's null. Especially with the fact that one of the neighbors is Serela. Thinking back to a certain game not long ago ry(
Still, I think both of them look pretty town on their own, so no intention to lynch either of them.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2012, 10:29:11 AM »
I still want to lynch PX, even after reread
My reasons are:
-Slugishness D1, he wasn't doing all that much, lots of sidelining.. I guess I'm guilty of the same thing today but I've been busy.
-Claim is a null read in the end, so that shouldn't really affect my decision. I'll wait for PX to answer Omba's question, he does bring
up a good point, why DID he shoot Dorian? Also somewhat wonder why if Dorian died why no scum kill?
Might be forced to pick IHNN, though, since Omba reads pretty town, and if its' a me-over-not-me then he's the only other choice.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2012, 01:09:23 PM »
It'd be cool if we lynched within around 12 hours, because 5am deadline is like the worst thing ever.

Something about the way Neko acts just really makes me think he's been telling the truth the entire time. As well, I don't think scum would drop their suspect for claiming neighbor and then instantly decide to retcon the decision and pick them back up  :3

This leaves IHNN via process of elimination (I have a town read on everyone else), so I'm going to reread him.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2012, 01:09:55 PM »
Well within the next 15 hours would be fine really.