Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 2, part 2  (Read 50004 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 2, part 2
« Reply #990 on: June 16, 2012, 10:07:59 PM »
Quite so, Hanzo. If Lily weren't in the lurch, it'd be alright to spend quite a awhile dancing and dodging and trying to talk some sense.  But as this is...

>Rather, say, "I am sorry, but I am afraid that cannot allow that. I understand you don't wish to trust me, but please be assured that despite this, things will be fine for you and for him."
>The Buddha teaches that attachment to desires serve as a way to bind us to the cycle of rebirth and suffering, creating a sensation know as dukkha. While we may disagree that all desires are harmful, we certainly agree that attachment to things that cause dukkha must be removed to help a person awaken toward Nirvana. In this, we see that our current target has bound herself to Lily and to the waters. Let us try to use our talents to deftly server those bindings around Lily and free her from those effects, and perhaps try to leave the person whose things were suffered a moment of peace for losing this binding. This shall be called Moment's Respite from Dukkha.

« Reply #991 on: June 17, 2012, 01:13:31 PM »
>Sever the tethers that are connecting the water sphere and the tendril to the woman.
>Rather, say, "I am sorry, but I am afraid that cannot allow that. I understand you don't wish to trust me, but please be assured that despite this, things will be fine for you and for him."
>The Buddha teaches that attachment to desires serve as a way to bind us to the cycle of rebirth and suffering, creating a sensation know as dukkha. While we may disagree that all desires are harmful, we certainly agree that attachment to things that cause dukkha must be removed to help a person awaken toward Nirvana. In this, we see that our current target has bound herself to Lily and to the waters. Let us try to use our talents to deftly server those bindings around Lily and free her from those effects, and perhaps try to leave the person whose things were suffered a moment of peace for losing this binding. This shall be called Moment's Respite from Dukkha.

>With the primary intent of rescuing your trapped friend, but also of disarming this crazed woman, as well as possibly resolving her less-than-rational mentality, if only for a moment, you point your scepter at the floating female. More specifically, at her ring, and the lines of energy connected to it. The woman raises her ring as a yellowish-gold light appears at the tip of your scepter, and you speak the spell,
>"Amber Lotus: Moment's Respite from Dukkha."
>A quintet of thin, tinged gold rays of light emerge from your scepter and fly, as a unit, towards the woman's ring. As they close on the target, however, they splinter off, one ray traveling down the aisle where the woman holds Lily, the other four evading the woman entirely and flying around behind her. Though these four fly out of your line of sight, in your mind's eye, you can see the fifth ray fly down the aisle and strike the large bubble holding Lily. The water bubbles again, before being suffused by the light of your attack. This light travels from the bubble back down the strand of energy coming from the woman's ring, and you can see similar lights traveling back up through the other four.
>The woman's face flashes between rage and surprise as she looks at her ring, towards the bubble, back at the other strands, at you, back at her ring, at you again, all the while her breath coming faster. "Whatareyou doing?" she blurts finally as your energy closes on her ring.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #992 on: June 17, 2012, 01:21:46 PM »
>Focus.
>If we feel we can speak, say. "Nothing harmful. I just need to help my friend. You should have nothing to worry about."

« Reply #993 on: June 17, 2012, 01:36:01 PM »
>Focus.
>If we feel we can speak, say. "Nothing harmful. I just need to help my friend. You should have nothing to worry about."

>She holds her ring up close to her face. "But this... Nothing can...."
>Her muttering grows quieter, more nonsensical, as the five lights of your power finish their trip, and contact the band on her finger. With a sound of snapping plastic, the five tethers shatter in a flash of golden light. The woman shreiks and throws her arms out away from her, dropping a foot or so down and twice that backwards.
>There are several small splashes of water from behind the woman, and one much larger splash to your left. The bubble trapping Lily, and the tendrill that had wrapped around her, falls to the floor, inert as the ones you purified before. Much to your relief, you hear Lily draw in a big breath.

>The pigtailed woman, recovering from her shock, slowly, her arm jerking somewhat, raises her ring again to inspect it. Sparks of thin yellow energy fly from it, like the end of a cut power cable, and its power seems diminished. It is intact, but damaged. The woman's face is one that has just seen something impossibly horrible.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #994 on: June 17, 2012, 01:49:25 PM »
>"I'm sorry, but please allow me a moment."
>Go tend to Lily, but keep a discreet eye out for follow-up aggressions from Puppeteer.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:17:09 PM by Funkapurvis »

« Reply #995 on: June 18, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »
>"I'm sorry, but please allow me a moment."
>Go tend to Lily, but keep a discreet eye out for follow-up aggressions from Puppeteer.

>With the unstable woman disarmed, at least partially, you walk cautiously forward, towards the aisle where Lily now stands, catching her breath. The woman seems to take no notice of you, her wild eyes focused on the ring before her.
>As you close on Lily's aisle, however, the winged blonde calls out to you, "Look out, Lotus, she's crazed!"
>Barely a moment later, the woman's face contorts in mad rage, and she clenches her fist so hard you can almost HEAR her knuckles turn white. She howls, a sound more animal than human, and brings her fists together, raising them over her head. She drops from the air like a stone, and slams her fists into the floor with a resounding crashing sound. Three waves of energy, ankle high, travel out from the point of impact: one traveling to your right, traveling in an erratic zigzag up the wall; one traveling in the general direction of Lily, jumping about randomly; one traveling towards you, also zigzagging like a crazed lightning bolt. These waves appear to changing the walls to brass, as they leave trails of the gleaming metal behind them.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #996 on: June 18, 2012, 08:02:54 AM »
>Interpose ourselves between Lily and her blast, and try to move until they are both are coming at us. Then, invoke purification on them both, at once is possible.

« Reply #997 on: June 19, 2012, 06:11:52 AM »
>Interpose ourselves between Lily and her blast, and try to move until they are both are coming at us. Then, invoke purification on them both, at once is possible.

>In which direction did you wish to move? Forward, which entails at least three risks, or down the aisle next to you, which is relatively risk free to you?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #998 on: June 19, 2012, 06:43:21 AM »
>From what we have seen, do we feel confident enough in our speed to get to Lily by jumping over to the next aisle before the sparks reach and then dealing with them like we planned?

« Reply #999 on: June 19, 2012, 06:49:26 AM »
>From what we have seen, do we feel confident enough in our speed to get to Lily by jumping over to the next aisle before the sparks reach and then dealing with them like we planned?

>Based on your own speed, and the current speed of the waves, if Lily remains stationary, it will be impossible for you to get in front of the wave heading for her before it reaches her, no matter which direction you go. Pity you don't have that Superhuman card in this world.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #1000 on: June 19, 2012, 07:05:39 AM »
>Then, as we can determine at a glance, could we reach the bolt heading toward her from here?

« Reply #1001 on: June 19, 2012, 07:12:51 AM »
>Then, as we can determine at a glance, could we reach the bolt heading toward her from here?

>Your safest bet, if you wanted to intercept the wave heading for Lily, would be to travel down the aisle next to you, and circle around. Trying to catch up to it and intercept it from behind would be all but impossible.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #1002 on: June 19, 2012, 10:29:44 AM »
>With our purification, or physically? I meant to imply the latter.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #1003 on: June 19, 2012, 04:05:38 PM »
Okay, pause.

>Would using the purification theoretically work to block the attack?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1004 on: June 19, 2012, 05:08:27 PM »
Next thread.