Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 172123 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #360 on: July 27, 2011, 06:45:42 AM »
>Density Daiquiri: Oh, so they're coherent on their own, then? Cool, that works!
>"Okay, squirt! I'm sendin' you off to talk to Kanako about... uh..."
>To the talkie-gap: "Wha'dya need to talk with her about, anyways?"
>"And when you get back I'll let you use China's boobs as a trampoline for a while!"

-----

>Ijimus: 'What am I saying?' Well... either he's not in full control of the situation now... or he knows me well enough to use layered slips. Stay cautious.
>An injoke image wouldn't provoke him, then... a pity. Someone else, then. Let's see, what would get a reaction from Yuyuko...
>Conjure a little jokey sign facing the gap so that Purvis can't see it, but it would be visible by anyone that did try to look through the gap. Keep it in that position.
>... wait, what? Who assumed she knew about the fairy thing?! Damnit!  Too late now...
>... actually, there's another good idea. ">"Still, this is all very hard to believe... You said that Shiki could see this game, right? Would, ah, Yukari be able to let us see them, too?" Pause. ">How's Renko taking all this?"

(same deal)

>Fatmus: What is Gensokyo known for? What is known of its inhabitants?
>Who is ZUN?
>Tech level, please.
>Grope Kilga for good luck

---

>Yuyukan Haddingtons: Blink. "I don't... believe I mentioned that, but yes, we have learned of the fairies."
>Eye Renko for a moment. "A rather curious thing to do, I must say..."
>What do we generally think about fairies, and the residents of the SDM as a whole?
>"And it would be good to see them directly, wouldn't it? Yukari dear, are you feeling up to that?"

-----

>Armpits: Cross our arms and wait for her.
>Assuming Minoriko comes out, give her a stern scowl and make the obvious statement: "Gensokyo Isle."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #361 on: July 27, 2011, 03:01:47 PM »
>Shiki: "Hmm... it would seem that we've established a link distinct from their game. The GM seems to be saying things he doesn't intend to as Yuyuko says them."
>Wait for someone to answer the question about their world. If nobody does, have Yuyuko ask again.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #362 on: July 29, 2011, 06:08:30 AM »
>Density Daiquiri: Oh, so they're coherent on their own, then? Cool, that works!
>"Okay, squirt! I'm sendin' you off to talk to Kanako about... uh..."
>To the talkie-gap: "Wha'dya need to talk with her about, anyways?"
>"Koishi's location."
>"And when you get back I'll let you use China's boobs as a trampoline for a while!"
>"Yippee! Oh, can I grope them, too?"

>Ijimus: 'What am I saying?' Well... either he's not in full control of the situation now... or he knows me well enough to use layered slips. Stay cautious.
>Maybe he's faking this...but he's not just parsing for you, you know.
>An injoke image wouldn't provoke him, then... a pity. Someone else, then. Let's see, what would get a reaction from Yuyuko...
>...Food? Youmu?
>Conjure a little jokey sign facing the gap so that Purvis can't see it, but it would be visible by anyone that did try to look through the gap. Keep it in that position.
>And how are you supposed to generate that?
>... wait, what? Who assumed she knew about the fairy thing?! Damnit!  Too late now...
>Yuyuko explained that she heard Maribel's conversation with Alice. No loss of eyesight.
>Also parser fail on my part.
>... actually, there's another good idea. ">"Still, this is all very hard to believe... You said that Shiki could see this game, right? Would, ah, Yukari be able to let us see them, too?" Pause. ">How's Renko taking all this?"
>You feed this to the parser.
>Fatmus: What is Gensokyo known for? What is known of its inhabitants?
>Gensokyo is known for being the setting of the Touhou series, and you probably don't need me to explain what that is to you. Quite a lot is known of the inhabitants, but only the ones that have appeared in a Touhou game.
>Who is ZUN?
>The creator of the aforementioned Touhou series. Nobody knows if it's a giant coincidence or if ZUN had actually visited Gensokyo. Probably the latter.
>Tech level, please.
>The land of Ijiyatsu's tech level is pretty high compared to the rest of the world. An industrial reveolution's still going on right now.
>As for magic, it and other supernatural forces are very, very common.
>Grope Kilga for good luck
>As tempting as it is the grope those big breasts, you don't do that unless you want to get probated.

>Yuyukan Haddingtons: Blink. "I don't... believe I mentioned that, but yes, we have learned of the fairies."
>"Damn, inconsistencies? There must be a glitch in the matrix."
>"I thought you did for a moment there."
>Eye Renko for a moment. "A rather curious thing to do, I must say..."
>"Yeah. At first I organized it to go with Alice's plan, but you already know that. I'm still invading the mansion to prove that I can."
>What do we generally think about fairies, and the residents of the SDM as a whole?
>You consider fairies and strange beings you don't usually take seriously. As for the SDM residents, you're pretty neutral towards them.
>"And it would be good to see them directly, wouldn't it? Yukari dear, are you feeling up to that?"
>"To be honest, no."

>Armpits: Cross our arms and wait for her.
>You wait for Minoriko's arrival. After a few seconds, you see her appear from the left of the room you're in.
>"Hello, Reimu. Can I help you?"
>Assuming Minoriko comes out, give her a stern scowl and make the obvious statement: "Gensokyo Isle."
>"Oh dear, you found out."

>Shiki: "Hmm... it would seem that we've established a link distinct from their game. The GM seems to be saying things he doesn't intend to as Yuyuko says them."
>Wait for someone to answer the question about their world. If nobody does, have Yuyuko ask again.
>You hear discussion about whether to answer your questions or not, but nobody answers yet. You ask Yuyuko to ask the question again.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #363 on: July 29, 2011, 07:49:31 AM »
>Shiki: "Yukari, are you wearing out?"
>If she is, we'll have to leave Sakuya's mind right away.
>Yuyuko: Repeat the question.
>Suika: "Okay, mini-me, in you go!"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #364 on: July 29, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »
>Shiki: "Yukari, are you wearing out?"
>"At the very least, expect a long waiting time when you want to leave."
>If she is, we'll have to leave Sakuya's mind right away.
>Tch, this is inconveniencing...

>Yuyuko: Repeat the question.
>You say "Okay, Shiki wants me to ask you to describe your world-that means the players, not Maribel and Renko. Just speak regularly; we can hear you, but right now, you can only hear us through these two."
>As Shikieiki, you hear "Where do we start?"

>Suika: "Okay, mini-me, in you go!"
>You send the mini-Suika into the gap.
>As the mini-Suika, you find yourself at the top of Youkai Mountain. The Moriya Shrine is right in front of you.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #365 on: July 29, 2011, 05:40:10 PM »
>Yuyuko: "Are there gods there? Magic? Youkai? Are there any incidents going on?"
>Shiki: "Yukari, let me know if you're approaching the point where you can't gap us out at all. I would rather not be stuck in here."
>Keep listening.
>Mini-Suika: Enter the shrine.
>"Hey! Kanako!"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #366 on: July 29, 2011, 05:58:11 PM »
>Microcosm of the Alcoholism: Head into the shrine.
>Become Smurf.

------

>Yukays: Frown in concern at Yukari's response. "I think once I get the chance among all these problems I'm going to have to give you a hug, Yukari."
>Shrug apologetically at Maribel and Renko. "I'm afraid she isn't feeling well. Whatever force is playing with the Yama claims to be draining her power as well."
>"But I've held you two up enough already, haven't I? Would it be fine to talk along the way at least, Yukari?"

---

>Rodenjius: When you're trying to fool a full group, you have to shoot for the most skeptical...
>We CAN create signs, after all. Floating image macro posterboards are standard! Give the gap a Ghostbusting to see if it gets any response.
>Where is the information about Gensokyo circulated from? Games? Novels? Communication methods? Art?
>"... there's a good amount of gods, magic, and youkai. As for incidents, uh... Kilga, you think this counts yet?" Point at the gap for emphasis.
>Specific examples of industrialization? List a few for the gap.
>Are you kidding she loves it

-----

>Pleurodira Plurality: Grin nastily. Nod. "Yes. And fortunately I've heard from a believable source that you actually decided to put a stop to it."
>Neutral expression again. Uncross arms. "But I still want to hear a few details. Why don't you give me an overview of your version first..."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #367 on: August 01, 2011, 02:52:43 AM »
>Mini-Suika: Enter the shrine.
>Microcosm of the Alcoholism: Head into the shrine.
>You enter the shrine. The entrance room is big and empty. Since you're a mini-Suika, especially big.
>"Hey! Kanako!"
>You call out for Kanako. No answer.
>Become Smurf.
>You choke yourself, achieving a smurf-like color in the process. You release your neck before you kill yourself.

>Yukays: Frown in concern at Yukari's response. "I think once I get the chance among all these problems I'm going to have to give you a hug, Yukari."
>Yukari chuckles. "I may need one after all."
>Shrug apologetically at Maribel and Renko. "I'm afraid she isn't feeling well. Whatever force is playing with the Yama claims to be draining her power as well."
>"But I've held you two up enough already, haven't I? Would it be fine to talk along the way at least, Yukari?"
>"That was what was intended."

>Shiki: "Yukari, let me know if you're approaching the point where you can't gap us out at all. I would rather not be stuck in here."
>"That point is still far off, but very well."
>Keep listening.
>You listen to Yuyuko and the gap people's conversation:
>Yuyuko: "Are there gods there? Magic? Youkai? Are there any incidents going on?"

>Rodenjius: "... there's a good amount of gods, magic, and youkai. As for incidents, uh... Kilga, you think this counts yet?" Point at the gap for emphasis.
>She replies "No, not really. But how about the rampaging earth elementals?"
>Specific examples of industrialization? List a few for the gap.
>Now I get to put my knowledge of the Industrial Revolution to use
>Factories and machines are being used to manufacture things. You mention these to the gap.
>As Eiki, you hear Yukari say "Hmm...this is like an event in the Outside World that happened a century or so ago."
>Rodenjius: When you're trying to fool a full group, you have to shoot for the most skeptical...
>Either that or this parser lets in wild commands.
>We CAN create signs, after all. Floating image macro posterboards are standard! Give the gap a Ghostbusting to see if it gets any response.
>You generate a Yuyuko/Youmu Ghostbuster poster.
>Where is the information about Gensokyo circulated from? Games? Novels? Communication methods? Art?
>Every one of those except communication methods. Nobody has managed to communicate with Gensokyo...until now.
>Are you kidding she loves it
>You're deluding yourself.

>Pleurodira Plurality: Grin nastily. Nod. "Yes. And fortunately I've heard from a believable source that you actually decided to put a stop to it."
>Minoriko looks at you nervously.
>Neutral expression again. Uncross arms. "But I still want to hear a few details. Why don't you give me an overview of your version first..."
>"Okay. Kanako, Suwako, and Koishi planned to use a jewel they found in Eientei to change Gensokyo into Gensokyo Isle. I wasn't quite an important member of this plan, but I supported it since there would be food to feed many people. However, people started forgetting where their food came from, so I sent Utsuho her youkai half so that she could reverse the changes."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #368 on: August 01, 2011, 03:58:52 AM »
>World's Smallest Drunbk: "Sanae? Anybody?"
>Let's go exploring! Pick another room in the shrine and check it out for kicks.

-----

>Yuyukan Alps: Smile and nod. "Then shall we go, Maribel?"
>Follow her lead, if she moves out.

---

>Meta-Nazrin: "Yeah, I guess..."
>Though telling them about that incident removes another way to test what's going on...
>Where do the games/writing/art about Gensokyo originate from? How do they spread?
>Pause to consider. What would Maribel do in this situation? Well... probably try to focus on Renko, I suppose.
>">"Uh... I guess that's okay. Renko, do you want to lead the way?"" Pause. ">Take her hand if she offers it."
>Dunno how open she wants to be about 'our' relationship with the creepy ghost lady using us to talk to... fuck it the pronouns are too convoluted.
>Who has Purvis said that Yuyuko's been talking to, aside from Mary and Renko? Did 'we' overhear any of her talk with Shiki and Yukari, or see how she's speaking with them?
>How long would a trip to the Library take, and how much of a Quest would we miss for a round trip?

-----

>Genji Grappler: Blink. "... they found it at Eintei?" Damnit, why didn't we think to ask where it was from all this time?!
>"When was that, and where was it in Eintei?"
>Damnit, are we gonna have to make Lunarian heads roll, too?
>"How much did Koishi do to set this stupid thing up?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #369 on: August 01, 2011, 04:43:35 AM »
>Shiki: "Yuyuko, I do believe they're attempting to get a reaction from you. One of them is showing me an image that indicates a desire to get rid of you. They don't actually want to, I don't think; I suspect they are simply conducting tests. This is, after all, a very strange experience for them."
>Yuyuko: "Huh. That's still not very nice."
>Shiki: "Apparently, they don't yet feel that the overlay qualifies as an incident, but there was mention of rampaging earth spirits. Could you ask for elaboration?"
>Yuyuko: "Sure!"
>"Hey, game-playing people! Could you say more about the earth spirits?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #370 on: August 03, 2011, 05:01:33 AM »
>World's Smallest Drunk: "Sanae? Anybody?"
>Nobody answers.
>Let's go exploring! Pick another room in the shrine and check it out for kicks.
>Obvious exits are south, west, and east, where south is the way you came. There don't seem to be any room connected to the area you're in right now.

>Yuyukan Alps: Smile and nod. "Then shall we go, Maribel?"
>"Let's go, then."
>Renko starts heading out of the forest, and Maribel follows.
>Follow her lead, if she moves out.
>...And you follow Maribel.

>Meta-Nazrin: "Yeah, I guess..."
>Though telling them about that incident removes another way to test what's going on...
>Where do the games/writing/art about Gensokyo originate from? How do they spread?
>The games about Gensokyo are made by ZUN (but nobody knows much about ZUN, especially his whereabouts) and appear in stores.
>Pause to consider. What would Maribel do in this situation? Well... probably try to focus on Renko, I suppose.
>">"Uh... I guess that's okay. Renko, do you want to lead the way?"" Pause. ">Take her hand if she offers it."
>You put in a command to Purvis. Kilgamayan adds "Check ingredient list for power-unlocking potion Byakuren was willing to make for us. Recall where we got each of the

ingredients, and how easy they would be to procure a second time. We do remember a second geode in the Underground - it was in the Pawn Shop, right? 'So...it was

really messed up, but I still have some hopes for that house. I'd really like a place we can call our own, and I don't think we're likely to find a place nearly as far

along as that one. If we capture that one remaining wisp and...clean up the mess...what do you think?'"
>The parser replies "Renko has already started moving. You take that as a yes and follow her. Yuyuko starts following you, as well. You know you got the extra Star Mushrooms. Ground Ragewort should be easy. That pawnshop had another geode. You're not sure if you could wheedle more  Bloodmoss out of Nue, though. 'It's be really weird to sleep in a house someone got killed in,' Renko says, 'But I guess it could work. Maybe it we got it exorcised or something. Actually, it's kind of exciting, thinking about it. Well...about what it'll be like.' While you're speaking to Renko, Yuyuko says 'Hey, game-playing people! Could you say more about the earth spirits?'"
>Dunno how open she wants to be about 'our' relationship with the creepy ghost lady using us to talk to... fuck it the pronouns are too convoluted.
>Who has Purvis said that Yuyuko's been talking to, aside from Mary and Renko? Did 'we' overhear any of her talk with Shiki and Yukari, or see how she's speaking with

them?
>How long would a trip to the Library take, and how much of a Quest would we miss for a round trip?
>A round trip would take two hours on foot. (I'm not implying you have other methods of transportation.) You would miss a decent-sized chunk, but you wouldn't miss too

much since one quest takes several weeks. Even then, Pesco logs what people say in these quests for future viewing.

>Genji Grappler: Blink. "... they found it at Eientei?" Damnit, why didn't we think to ask where it was from all this time?!
>Wait a minute, didn't Keine mention that it was found at Eientei? Your memory isn't that great, apparently.
>"When was that, and where was it in Eientei?"
>"A week before Gensokyo was changed. I don't know where it was in Eientei."
>Damnit, are we gonna have to make Lunarian heads roll, too?
>Now you have to go around to more people and ask them about this. This is so tiring...
>"How much did Koishi do to set this stupid thing up?"
>"She modified the minds of the people in Gensokyo and helped Kanako with using the jewel."

>Shiki: "Yuyuko, I do believe they're attempting to get a reaction from you. One of them is showing me an image that indicates a desire to get rid of you. They don't

actually want to, I don't think; I suspect they are simply conducting tests. This is, after all, a very strange experience for them."
>Wow, you interpreted that posterboard correctly.
>Yuyuko: "Huh. That's still not very nice."
>Shiki: "Apparently, they don't yet feel that the overlay qualifies as an incident, but there was mention of rampaging earth spirits. Could you ask for elaboration?"
>Yuyuko: "Sure!"
>"Hey, game-playing people! Could you say more about the earth spirits?"
>You ask the roleplayers about the earth spirits.
>As Eiki, you hear "They've appeared around town, destroying things for no reason we know of yet."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #371 on: August 03, 2011, 06:19:31 AM »
>Shiki: "Is that all? Nobody's tried to solve it?"
>"How did the timing work out with this incident and the gaps? Did they appear around the same time, or did one precede the other? Also, how long ago did these incidents start happening?"
>Yuyuko: Relay Shiki's questions.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #372 on: August 03, 2011, 06:40:09 AM »
>Mini-Suika: Pout a bit. Try... oh, the west part.

-----

>Geneviyuyuves: "Oh my, a haunted house? I believe it'd be possible to get it exorcised, though I believe Reimu is still occupied at the moment. Right, Yukari?"
>What do we know/think about such haunted locations, and the ghosts stuck there? Is there anything we could do, instead?

>Rodenjius: Where are the stores that the games appear in? Who produces the copies of the game that people buy?
>Has Purvis also been forwarding Shiki and Yukari's lines, or only Yuyuko's?
>... there's a thought. Give the gap another sign to implicate a certain Celestial as a possible connection.

-----

>Skink Supremest: Damnit, we're spacing out. Can we place any significant events from around the time when the gem was discovered?
>"How much of the planning for it were you aware of?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #373 on: August 03, 2011, 07:22:24 AM »
>Shiki: "Another image, this time of the celestial Tenshi Hinanai. Yuyuko, please ask for an explanation of why this was shown to me."
>Yuyuko: "Hey, Shiki also wants to know why you just showed her an image of Tenshi."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #374 on: August 03, 2011, 07:37:14 AM »
>Ijimus: ... well, that confirms Purvis can see through that gap, if nothing else. Turn the signs for the other players to see so they can do the math on that point.
>"If there's any connection between this and those earth things acting up, she'd be my first guess."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #375 on: August 04, 2011, 05:56:22 AM »
>Mini-Suika: Pout a bit. Try... oh, the west part.
>You go to the west hallway.
>In the west hallway, you see 6 closed doors, 3 to each side.

>Shiki: "Is that all? Nobody's tried to solve it?"
>"How did the timing work out with this incident and the gaps? Did they appear around the same time, or did one precede the other? Also, how long ago did these incidents start happening?"

>Yuyuko: Relay Shiki's questions.
>You relay Eiki's questions to the gap people.
>As Eiki, you hear "Oh, plenty of people are trying to find out why. It's just that nobody's found anything yet. The earth elementals appeared a week before the gaps did, and the gaps appeared a week ago."

>Geneviyuyuves: "Oh my, a haunted house? I believe it'd be possible to get it exorcised, though I believe Reimu is still occupied at the moment. Right, Yukari?"
>"Reimu's still busy trying to follow an incident that has already passed."
>What do we know/think about such haunted locations, and the ghosts stuck there? Is there anything we could do, instead?
>You don't know much or think much about haunted locations. You have no jurisdiction over ghosts outside of Hakugyoukurou, so you can't do much about these ghosts.

>Rodenjius: Where are the stores that the games appear in? Who produces the copies of the game that people buy?
>Game stores that are everywhere through out the world. You don't know who makes the physical copies, though.
>Has Purvis also been forwarding Shiki and Yukari's lines, or only Yuyuko's?
>You haven't heard anything from Shikieiki or Yukari.
>... there's a thought. Give the gap another sign to implicate a certain Celestial as a possible connection.
>You generate a macro posterboard of Tenshi.
>Skink Supremest: Damnit, we're spacing out. Can we place any significant events from around the time when the gem was discovered?
>You don't know the time when Kanako found the gem, save that it was before all this crap happened.
>"How much of the planning for it were you aware of?"
>"All of it," Minoriko replies.

>Shiki: "Another image, this time of the celestial Tenshi Hinanai. Yuyuko, please ask for an explanation of why this was shown to me."
>Yuyuko: "Hey, Shiki also wants to know why you just showed her an image of Tenshi."
>Ijimus: ... well, that confirms Purvis can see through that gap, if nothing else. Turn the signs for the other players to see so they can do the math on that point.
>Looks like Purvis knows what's at the other end of the gap. Unless he isn't really lying about not being in total control of what he's saying.
>"If there's any connection between this and those earth things acting up, she'd be my first guess."
>As Eiki, you hear this. Why would Tenshi be responsible for an incident in a location that doesn't seem to be a part of Gensokyo nor Heaven? Also, you don't think that she can do anything earth-related other than cause earthquakes and maybe some limited earth manipulation powers?certainly not anything like this.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #376 on: August 04, 2011, 06:17:02 AM »
>Shiki: "I don't think she's able to do such a thing; her power over the earth is limited. And I don't know why she'd cause an incident in another world anyways, when she's been just fine with causing them in Gensokyo. And I don't know that she could get to your world anyways, unless Yukari did it, which I don't think happened. Right, Yukari?"
>"Tell me what you know about the gods any other beings of your world. In particular, are there any that might be able to open gaps to other worlds? And are there any that might be able to get into people's heads?"
>Yuyuko: "Shiki says it's probably not Tenshi. Also, she wants to know if your world has any gods or others that can open gaps, or any that could mess with people's minds."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #377 on: August 04, 2011, 06:58:36 AM »
>Nanobot Negroni: Wow, big place. Any indication what's in those doors?
>If it wouldn't be tough to open one without messing up the shrine, check the first on the left. If it's locked, try the rest.
>Create Suikahole, scheme rivalry with Nazrin

-----

>Gavial Gangleader: ... slow, evil smile. "Well then. Who proposed what, and when."

-----

>Rodenjius: Forcing skepticism of the issue is important to counteract our eagerness to believe it at face value. Much like assuming Tenshi has just embarrassed us.
>Ensure that the Yama's questions are answered by whoever would know most about it present for the Questing. Is there anyone not present that would know more about the region's people and powers, in case they'd have more to add?
>Pause to consider. Damnit, no actually good Maribel commands come to mind. Oh well, time for a reference. ">Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans."
>Hear out Purvis' response.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #378 on: August 05, 2011, 07:57:02 PM »
>Shiki: "I don't think she's able to do such a thing; her power over the earth is limited. And I don't know why she'd cause an incident in another world anyways, when she's been just fine with causing them in Gensokyo. And I don't know that she could get to your world anyways, unless Yukari did it, which I don't think happened. Right, Yukari?"
>"Of course I wouldn't let that troublemaker to other worlds."
>"Tell me what you know about the gods any other beings of your world. In particular, are there any that might be able to open gaps to other worlds? And are there any that might be able to get into people's heads?"
>Passed to Yuyuko.
>Yuyuko: "Shiki says it's probably not Tenshi. Also, she wants to know if your world has any gods or others that can open gaps, or any that could mess with people's minds."javascript:popup('typePopup');
>In reply, someone says "Gods? Oh, we have plenty of those. None of the latter two, though."
>Rodenjius: Forcing skepticism of the issue is important to counteract our eagerness to believe it at face value. Much like assuming Tenshi has just embarrassed us.
>You continue thinking it's a possibility that Purvis is being tricky.
>Ensure that the Yama's questions are answered by whoever would know most about it present for the Questing. Is there anyone not present that would know more about the region's people and powers, in case they'd have more to add?
>There are several people here who should know more about Ijiyatsu and the world than you do.
>Pause to consider. Damnit, no actually good Maribel commands come to mind. Oh well, time for a reference. ">Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans."
>You reference Homestuck. DracoOmega inserts the command "Well, I'm going to be getting it exorcised, one way or another. Get that ghost for Nitori, and make the place safe for any other curious passersby, at the very least. 'Renko... I'm curious. Did Alice ever talk to you about the possibility of becoming a youkai?'" Another guy in the audience...what was his name...?...Blitzer, simply says "Time of day."
>Hear out Purvis' response.
>In response, Purvis says "You stare at Yuyuko. This is very strange... She nods. 'Yeah. That'll be good. Not really, no. Why?' It is getting on in the afternoon. You imagine the sun will set in a couple hours at most."

>Nanobot Negroni: Wow, big place. Any indication what's in those doors?
>There is no sign of what could be past those doors.
>If it wouldn't be tough to open one without messing up the shrine, check the first on the left. If it's locked, try the rest.
>You apply your super-strength to that door and open it. You find a room with a lot of shrine stuff. This is probably a supply room...

>Gavial Gangleader: ... slow, evil smile. "Well then. Who proposed what, and when."
>"Kanako used her powers to track down Koishi, then proposed the plan to her. This was...probably two weeks ago, since what happened in Gensokyo Isle had no effect on the time of the real Gensokyo."

>Will be gone from 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time today until some time in Sunday. Going on a trip I don't want to go.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #379 on: August 05, 2011, 11:20:18 PM »
>Yuyukan Absarokas: Raise an eyebrow. "Oh my, becoming a youkai? I don't believe that's something to go into lightly."
>How much experience have we had with humans becoming youkai, and/or the consequences of that?

>Iji-mus: Yeah, no kidding, Yuyuko. Why hasn't anyone considered the obvious implications of aging-immortality yet? Sheesh... well, perhaps I can forward my own justification for the interest.
>">"Gensokyo seems dangerous compared to what I'm used to in the outer world. I've been worried about... well, being able to defend myself."" Pause. ">"Although... I guess I've been doing well enough after Byakuren showed me the basics...""
>Let's see what Renko thinks of that argument... actually, she probably won't want to for the power argument, that's not what her goal is with the fairy raid, is it? It's to prove them and herself as she is, not after an external powerup. Presumably...
>Address the gap: "How're you supposed to be seeing this, anyway?"
>Beat up Blitzer and take their lunch money

>The Hunger: What do we know/think about Byakuren and her crew? If the name is unfamiliar, ask "Byakuren?"

>Dechampisa Decider: We've judged humans-turned-youkai before, correct? What does that typically do for their record?
>For the Nazrinalike: "Rikako and I are using a device of hers to see through a gap that we found in Sakuya's mind, that seems to be causing odd compulsions in her. We're currently there as if it were a physical location, thanks to help from Yukari."
>How's Rikako responding to all of this?

>Rodentius: Assuming the Yama's line is forwarded through to Purvis: "I don't suppose we could get a copy of the blueprints for that?"
>Presumably we don't know anyone that would be able to 'check' Purvis' head for one of those compulsion gaps, right?
>Are there any technically-inclined folks around that might be willing to help look into this? Or maybe powers that would let people see through these gaps in a similar fashion?

-----

>Picotic Piscola: Huh. Close it and try another one.
>Clearly our ultimate goal is Kanako's underwear drawer

---

>Reptile Regulator: Hm. So Kanako was still the one that started it...
>"And she bugged Koishi to mess with memories, I assume?"
>Pause. "Although, I'd expect messing with history could do that just as well..."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #380 on: August 08, 2011, 06:37:37 AM »
>Yuyukan Absarokas: Raise an eyebrow. "Oh my, becoming a youkai? I don't believe that's something to go into lightly."
>Maribel says "I know that becoming a youkai is a huge step to take. You see, Gensokyo seems dangerous compared to what I'm used to in the outer world. I've been worried about... well, being able to defend myself. Although... I guess I've been doing well enough after Byakuren showed me the basics..." In reply, Renko says "Huh...Alice mentioned something about becoming a youkai after working on your magic. but she said I didn't need to worry about it as long as I didn't go crazy with it. Mary...would you be any different if you were a youkai?"
>How much experience have we had with humans becoming youkai, and/or the consequences of that?
>None.
>The Hunger: What do we know/think about Byakuren and her crew? If the name is unfamiliar, ask "Byakuren?"
>You are unfamiliar with them, so you ask about them. Waiting for roleplayer reply...

>Iji-mus: Yeah, no kidding, Yuyuko. Why hasn't anyone considered the obvious implications of aging-immortality yet? Sheesh... well, perhaps I can forward my own justification for the interest.
>Purvis adds in a sentence: "Yuyuko says 'Oh my, becoming a youkai? I don't believe that's something to go into lightly.'"
>You don't know why people haven't though of youkai semi-immortality yet. You forward your own command:
>">"Gensokyo seems dangerous compared to what I'm used to in the outer world. I've been worried about... well, being able to defend myself."" Pause. ">"Although... I guess I've been doing well enough after Byakuren showed me the basics...""
>You add in your command. Before anyone else can reply, Purvis says "'Really?' asks Renko. 'Huh...Alice mentioned something about becoming a youkai after working on your magic. but she said I didn't need to worry about it as long as I didn't go crazy with it. Mary...would you be any different if you were a youkai?'"
>Let's see what Renko thinks of that argument... actually, she probably won't want to for the power argument, that's not what her goal is with the fairy raid, is it? It's to prove them and herself as she is, not after an external powerup. Presumably...
>Address the gap: "How're you supposed to be seeing this, anyway?"
>You talk to the gap.
>Dechampisa Decider: We've judged humans-turned-youkai before, correct? What does that typically do for their record?
>It has a rather negative effect on one's karma, because you're basically rejecting your past self and becoming a youkai.
>"There isn't anything wrong with that at all, though..."
>For the Nazrinalike: "Rikako and I are using a device of hers to see through a gap that we found in Sakuya's mind, that seems to be causing odd compulsions in her. We're currently there as if it were a physical location, thanks to help from Yukari."
>You attempt to talk to the roleplayers.
>As E-Mouse, you get no answer from the gap. By the way, what is your Ijiyatsu sex? (Not gender, that's different.)
>How's Rikako responding to all of this?
>...She has a little smirk on her face. Maybe she's amused at how confusing this is becoming?

>Picotic Piscola: Huh. Close it and try another one.
>You close it and try the middle door on the other side. You see a bed with...huh, Kanako in it. Even gods need to sleep, huh?
>Clearly our ultimate goal is Kanako's underwear drawer
>You panty thief.
>Reptile Regulator: Hm. So Kanako was still the one that started it...
>She still caused this incident...
>"And she bugged Koishi to mess with memories, I assume?"
>"'Bugged' isn't the right word. 'Requested' is more like it. She gladly complied."
>Pause. "Although, I'd expect messing with history could do that just as well..."
>"Messing with just history leaves the affected people with no memories. They needed Koishi to insert false memories."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #381 on: August 08, 2011, 07:54:31 AM »
>Yuyumanjaro: Pause. "And... I believe the Yama would like to tell those roleplayers that she's using a device of Rikako's to... see them, I presume, through the gap in Sakuya's head. By visiting there as a physical place of sorts, thanks to dear Yukari's help. Ah, she also reminded me about of the compulsions Sakuya's been having from that gap to the other world, but I don't think that's really the matter at hand, is it?"
>Pause, cough a little, and give Maribel an apologetic shrug.
>We've really never encountered the soul of a dead human-turned-youkai in Hakugyokurou?

>Blatant Self-Insert: Er... ">What have we heard about changes upon becoming a youkai, again?"
>Upon the addition: "I don't suppose we could get a copy of the blueprints for that?"
>Presumably we don't know anyone that would be able to 'check' Purvis' head for one of those compulsion gaps, right?
>Are there any technically-inclined folks around that might be willing to help look into this? Or maybe powers that would let people see through these gaps in a similar fashion?
>Call 'em Bs

>Definitively Dechampisa: To Rikako, "Hmm. It would be simpler to address these people directly, if you would be willing to try and give them a way to reproduce your device. Though that would probably take some time for them to make..."

-----

>Miniature Margarita: Oh wow, that's weird. Any idea if gods really do need to sleep?
>Do we have any real way to contact True Suika and the rest to see whether it's worth waking her for?
>Actually, do we really care about that bit of impoliteness?
>What position is she sleeping in?
>Is she wearing any underwear

---

>Spinytail Slicer: Scowl angrily. Manipulative little...
>... though no memories upon history changes doesn't make much sense either... ugh, should we bug Keine again? Damnit.
>Well. Maybe Kanako just didn't think of that part.
>Do we know/remember the way to Eintei offhand? What gods/goddesses do we know?
>"Hmmm. Anyone else in on that mess?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #382 on: August 10, 2011, 01:58:13 AM »
>Yuyumanjaro: Pause. "And... I believe the Yama would like to tell those roleplayers that she's using a device of Rikako's to... see them, I presume, through the gap in Sakuya's head. By visiting there as a physical place of sorts, thanks to dear Yukari's help. Ah, she also reminded me about of the compulsions Sakuya's been having from that gap to the other world, but I don't think that's really the matter at hand, is it?"
>Pause, cough a little, and give Maribel an apologetic shrug.
>Maribel says "It's fine, but this is all so very weird."
>We've really never encountered the soul of a dead human-turned-youkai in Hakugyokurou?
>If you did, you didn't know. Maybe they look like the rest of the spirits there...

>Blatant Self-Insert: Er... ">What have we heard about changes upon becoming a youkai, again?"
>You recall what Byakuren said about becoming a youkai. It isn't a bad thing, and it doesn't mean you aren't yourself, but the consequences and emotions caused by it can change you. People can become suspicious of you, it would be even harder to leave Gensokyo (you're not sure that Maribel wants to, though), and it harms your karma. How did you remember that perfectly?
>Upon the addition: "I don't suppose we could get a copy of the blueprints for that?"
>Kilga says "It sounds rather advanced for our time."
>No.
>As Kilga says, that kind of thing seems more advanced than Ijiyatsu's current technology level. You don't think anybody in Ijiyatsu can look into this (or check out those gaps)
>Definitively Dechampisa: To Rikako, "Hmm. It would be simpler to address these people directly, if you would be willing to try and give them a way to reproduce your device. Though that would probably take some time for them to make..."
>"Ask Yukari, that gap h...woman can probably figure something out despite her declining powers."

>Miniature Margarita: Oh wow, that's weird. Any idea if gods really do need to sleep?
>You dunno.
>Do we have any real way to contact True Suika and the rest to see whether it's worth waking her for?
>No way, unless Yukari's provided a gap for convenience.
>Actually, do we really care about that bit of impoliteness?
>"That bit of impoliteness" not recognized. Please try again.
>What position is she sleeping in?
>She's facing upwards, with her body flat on the bed.
>Is she wearing any underwear
>Yes, you pervert.

>Spinytail Slicer: Scowl angrily. Manipulative little...
...bastards.
>... though no memories upon history changes doesn't make much sense either... ugh, should we bug Keine again? Damnit.
>Who knows, maybe it makes sense in a way that hasn't been explained to you yet. You don't want to go hassle Keine again...
>Well. Maybe Kanako just didn't think of that part.
>Maybe not...
>Do we know/remember the way to Eintei offhand? What gods/goddesses do we know?
>It's spelled Eientei
>You do not, but you've managed to get there once without being led. Maybe you can use your intuition and get there again.
>Gods and goddesses...you know the gods of the mountain, you know about the eight million gods, you very barely know about the gods of your shrine, and you know about the Shinto gods and goddesses.
>"Hmmm. Anyone else in on that mess?"
>"No. There's Kanako, Suwako, Koishi, myself, and my sister Shizuha. That's all."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #383 on: August 10, 2011, 02:23:14 AM »
>Shiki: "That may not be likely, as we've already determined that she currently cannot open gaps between these worlds. I suppose it can't hurt, though. Yukari?"
>Wait, we've been overlooking something.
>"Yukari, something just occurred to me, and I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. We had Patchouli perform a spell to transfer my and Suika's power to Yuyuko. If we had her do it again and send the power to you, do you think that would allow you to open a gap to this other world?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #384 on: August 10, 2011, 07:46:38 AM »
>Iji-mus: We remembered because we heard it rather recently, of course! And there's Pesco's notes to review. Right?
>What about anyone familiar with mind-affecting magics or the sort, at least?
>Who gave the "It's fine, but it's all so very weird..." command? Or was it reflected in Purvis' storytelling at all?
>">To Yuyuko, "Byakuren is a rather... large magician woman at the human village, leader of a temple there, I think. She taught me the basics of magic and flight, and seems like a very nice person."" Pause. ">Let Renko add anything of her own to that."
>... ugh, don't feel like addressing the youkai part right now. See if someone else jumps on it...

-----

>Micro-Suika: Do we care about being impolite by waking someone up? If not, hop up next to Kanako and give her a poke. "Hey, Kanako!"
>Otherwise, raid the underwear drawer as planned

-----

>Armpits: Frown. "And what was your sister's take on all this?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #385 on: August 12, 2011, 04:25:55 AM »
>Shiki: "That may not be likely, as we've already determined that she currently cannot open gaps between these worlds. I suppose it can't hurt, though. Yukari?"
>"The only way we can physically contact these people is if the overlay happens or if I gain power."

>Wait, we've been overlooking something.
>"Yukari, something just occurred to me, and I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. We had Patchouli perform a spell to transfer my and Suika's power to Yuyuko. If we had her do it again and send the power to you, do you think that would allow you to open a gap to this other world?"
>"That is entirely possible."
>"I don't think so."

>Iji-mus: We remembered because we heard it rather recently, of course! And there's Pesco's notes to review. Right?
>Even so, you think it could easily have been buried under the rest of the quest. And Pesco's notes aren't very easy to dig through. I should know, I've tried.
>What about anyone familiar with mind-affecting magics or the sort, at least?
>You don't know about anybody who's familiar with mind-affecting magic, but you're nearly sure there's somebody in Ijiyatsu that can do that.
>Who gave the "It's fine, but it's all so very weird..." command? Or was it reflected in Purvis' storytelling at all?
>Kilga.
>">To Yuyuko, "Byakuren is a rather... large magician woman at the human village, leader of a temple there, I think. She taught me the basics of magic and flight, and seems like a very nice person."" Pause. ">Let Renko add anything of her own to that."
>You feed this to the parser.
>[Addressing players of Eiki Quest directly] Now you just have to send a command to Yuyuko.
>... ugh, don't feel like addressing the youkai part right now. See if someone else jumps on it...
>You don't feel like dealing with that right now...

>Micro-Suika: Do we care about being impolite by waking someone up? If not, hop up next to Kanako and give her a poke. "Hey, Kanako!"
>You don't really care, so you jump next to Kanako, poke her, and shout at her to wake up. She opens her eyes a bit and says "What's happening here...?"

>Armpits: Frown. "And what was your sister's take on all this?"
>"If you're asking if she did anything, then no. If you're asking how she felt, then she wasn't very happy with Utsuho."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:33:34 AM by Cobalt Ulpherion Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #386 on: August 12, 2011, 07:17:21 AM »
>Mini-Suika: "We need to find Koishi again. We parted ways, but now the voice has new plans for her and we need to warn her."
>Shiki: "The voice claims that transfering power to you won't work, Yukari, but even though it was right about the transfer to Yuyuko not working, I am not going to just accept its claim. We'll be trying this ourselves, and step one is a test run. Give Rikako and I a gap out of here, please, and then I would request that you meet me at the mansion so we can have Patchouli do the spell. Don't worry about gapping yourself over; we can wait the time it'll take you to fly there. Yuyuko, let the roleplaying group know that we may have a way to get to their world, although we still have the business with Koishi to deal with before we go there, so that will likely not happen until tomorrow. I won't be able to see them directly anymore, but we can still communicate through Maribel."
>As soon as the gap has formed, enter it with Rikako.
>Yuyuko: "Shiki says that we might be able to get to your world, roleplayer people. We've got some stuff to do here first, though, so we'll do it tomorrow. Oh, and Shiki's not at the gap anymore, so she can't see you anymore. We'll communicate this way, through Maribel."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #387 on: August 12, 2011, 09:17:03 PM »
>Mini-Suika: "We need to find Koishi again. We parted ways, but now the voice has new plans for her and we need to warn her."
>"Uh...huh." She then gets a good look at you. "Suika Ibuki? Why're you so small?"

>Shiki: "The voice claims that transfering power to you won't work, Yukari, but even though it was right about the transfer to Yuyuko not working, I am not going to just accept its claim. We'll be trying this ourselves, and step one is a test run. Give Rikako and I a gap out of here, please, and then I would request that you meet me at the mansion so we can have Patchouli do the spell. Don't worry about gapping yourself over; we can wait the time it'll take you to fly there. Yuyuko, let the roleplaying group know that we may have a way to get to their world, although we still have the business with Koishi to deal with before we go there, so that will likely not happen until tomorrow. I won't be able to see them directly anymore, but we can still communicate through Maribel."
>As soon as the gap has formed, enter it with Rikako.
>"I'll just drop you off at the front of the mansion."
>You wait for...a minute and a half while Rikako looks at the roleplayers interestedly.

>Yuyuko: "Shiki says that we might be able to get to your world, roleplayer people. We've got some stuff to do here first, though, so we'll do it tomorrow. Oh, and Shiki's not at the gap anymore, so she can't see you anymore. We'll communicate this way, through Maribel."
>You insert a command.
>"Byakuren is a rather... large magician woman at the human village, leader of a temple there, I think," Maribel says. "She taught me the basics of magic and flight, and seems like a very nice person."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #388 on: August 12, 2011, 11:34:52 PM »
>Shiki: "Let's go, Rikako. If you want to examine the gaps more, use the one in the library. We don't need to be in anyone's head to get to that one."
>Follow Rikako through the gap.
>"Yukari, I need to talk to Reimu. give us a communication gap, please."
>Once the gap is ready: "Reimu, it's Shiki. What's your situation? Have you investigated the Gensokyo Isle incident to your satisfaction?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #389 on: August 12, 2011, 11:39:05 PM »
>Yuyukan Dovrefjell: "As selfish as that may be, I suppose." Shrug again.
>"Although... I'm afraid I'm not sure whether the attempt will work. The last time Patchouli tried that spell, it... didn't quite work well enough for me to find that platform again." Frown. "Maybe I should go back and help as well, once Yukari is there... I do owe her that hug. Hm... I guess that leads to a request for those in the other world, and a question more for you personally, Maribel."
>"I think it would still be best to have someone from there look into finding a way to speak with us directly, or even reach Gensokyo; this is really rather troublesome for all involved, isn't it? I'm not sure what can be done from there, but... hm, I believe Yukari did just remind me of an 'overlay' that may be involved with it. There's very little about it at Patchouli's library, but perhaps you can find more?"
>"And for you, Maribel... if I do leave to help Yukari, where would I be able to find you later today, or perhaps tomorrow? We... tracked you through those people through the gap today, but I'd rather not burden dear Yukari with having to do that again, if we can help it. Or... perhaps you'd be alright with having one of her communication gaps following you for now?"

>Rodentius: Holy shit that's a lot of info from her.
>... this is getting weird. And if no one else is going to jump on things, we might as well take the reins for now...
>Uh let's do the youkai thing first. ">To Renko, "I don't think it would change much in itself, but I've been told that there's something about the effects that might make you think a little differently... though I'm not really sure what."" Pause. ">"And I think Byakuren mentioned the stronger enchantment she was offering would make me larger, just like her..."" Pause for the next line: ">Squeeze her hand. "Would you be okay with that, Renko?""
>And uh, having so many powerhouses at the Mansion during the attack would be... troublesome. ">Any sign of Renko responding to the mention of them being with Patchouli?" Pause. ">"So, the others are... at the mansion? Are all of you... expecting to be there regularly?""
>To the players, "If everyone's going to be there, Renko's chances are basically in the gutter. What the hell do we do?"
>Well... our main reasons are owing some respect to Patchouli for that geode, and Sakuya half-teaching, half-threatening us with that time manipulation skill... actually, that reminds of a point of curiosity:
>">"What sort of compulsions has Sakuya been having thanks to that gap that's supposed to be in her head, anyway?""
>">"What is that overlay you mentioned?"" Pause. To the people actually there, "Does anyone know what she's talking about?"
>Where would we be able to look for more info about that? The library, presumably?
>As for how to meet her again... ">"I... am not entirely sure where I'll be tonight and tomorrow. We're still looking for a decent place to stay even, really..." Pause. ">"I may spend the night at Byakuren's if I go through with the stronger enchantment she was offering, but... otherwise I'm not sure where I'll be going, exactly." Pause. ">"Well, aside from seeing Renko, of course...""
>To players: "With the real question being whether Renko wants that invasion of privacy, of course."

-----

>Shiki: "Would it be too much to ask for your help in helping Yukari with this, miss Rikako?"

-----

>Microscopic Alcoholic: Grin. "Sorta! I'm just a sorta mini-me gapped over to talk with ya. The boss' havin' fun on that china girl's chest."
>"So, y'mind findin' Koishi for us again? She got kinda upset, so..."

-----

>Armpits: Raise an eyebrow. "... I did mean whether she did anything past being willing to go along with this, but now I wanna know about that beef with Utsuho."
>Jump at the Yama's intrusion. "Damnit Yama. Uh... mostly. But don't think I'm letting Koishi off the hook. What do you want?"