Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 172127 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #300 on: July 09, 2011, 07:36:52 AM »
>Helodermatidae Heroine: "Huh, that so? I thought they just managed to screw up history somehow."
>Frown. That actually makes this a lot worse, doesn't it...
>"... keep going."

>Pettanko Colada: Lounge and watch for those fairies. Consider using Meiling as a footrest.

>Oppai Yosei: "Oh! Teehee, Yukari, are you sure you aren't a Satori, or do you just do that for me~"
>Peek through the gap; see where it goes.
>"Which direction would they be in after I jump in?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #301 on: July 09, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »
>Shiki: "Suika's with Meiling? And what exactly is she doing?"
>"She sitting around, drinking sake, and watching for faeries. Although I doubt that they're invading now."

>Continue listening.
>The trash man says "She nods, while watching the faeries. 'Yeah, I hope so.' You both do. 'Well, yeah, but that was me, too...' She chuckles a bit. though you get the feeling it is akin to whistling through a graveyard for her. You can see the cabin where you saw the woman with the enormous doll earlier today."
>The buxom girl replies "'...Wait, THIS is Alice's place? ...I think I might know what that secret weapon is...'"
>"'Yep,' says Renko. 'Not too far from the target, either.' Renko nods. 'I've heard some stories from the faeries around here, myself.'"
>The blue-haired girls says "'Well, that sort of weapon is certainly... large and distinctive, at any rate. If it's something she's known for, I can't imagine she could hide her involvement from the people at the mansion after this was done with. I guess she just figured they wouldn't be able to do anything to her afterward?'"
>"'I assume she has ways to take care of herself,' says Renko, frowning."

>Helodermatidae Heroine: "Huh, that so? I thought they just managed to screw up history somehow."
>Frown. That actually makes this a lot worse, doesn't it...
>"... keep going."
>"Youkai had their abilities and youkai-hood removed and turned into spirits. Kanako let these spirits roam around Gensokyo Isle, not wanting to confine and possibly damage them. Minoriko Aki, who used to support the plot but felt that people were becoming alienated from their food sources, sent Utsuho's crow spirit to her because she hoped she could return things to the way they were."

>Pettanko Colada: Lounge and watch for those fairies. Consider using Meiling as a footrest.
>No fairies. You consider using Meiling as a footrest. Why the hell not?

>Oppai Yosei: "Oh! Teehee, Yukari, are you sure you aren't a Satori, or do you just do that for me~"
>Peek through the gap; see where it goes.
>You peek through. You see a plain cabin and two girls who, as you remember from Orin's descriptions, seem to be Renko and Maribel.

>"Which direction would they be in after I jump in?"
>You've already seen them, so no need to ask this.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #302 on: July 10, 2011, 01:49:02 AM »
>Shiki: "It looks like they're serious about this attack."
>Keep listening,

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #303 on: July 10, 2011, 05:00:52 AM »
>Monitor Maiden: "So the gods WERE in on it. At least Minoriko snapped out of it... though I may have to smack the rest."
>Frown. "Why Utsuho?"

>Lolita de On?a: Actually, is Meiling lying down? If so, use her chest as a sitting pillow.

>Yuyun Pelham: Bingo.
>Stay hidden for a bit and see how their words and actions match up to the trash can man's story as it goes.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #304 on: July 10, 2011, 07:50:50 AM »
>Shiki: "It looks like they're serious about this attack."
>Keep listening,
>The blue-haired girl says "'Anyway, let's just get this over and done with. Nothing to be gained by waiting here, hoping it will go away.' Head towards the house. 'You want to knock first?'"
>In reply, the man says "Renko nods. You approach the house. It is a rather simple looking, boxy sort of cabin. It seems to be in very good condition, better maintained than practically any other home you've seen in Gensokyo. 'I think I should...' Renko says, as she walks up the small porch. She knocks on the door, and waits. She takes a few deep breaths. After a minute or so, the door opens, revealing the blonde woman in the blue dress whom you saw earlier today. She looks at Renko coolly, then says, 'Better late than never, I suppose.' Then she turns her blue-green eyes toward you and frowns. 'Who is this?'"
>"'Hi, I'm Maribel. I'm a very close friend of Renko's. We just managed to find each other again a short while ago.'"
>"'Ah, you're the infamous Maribel,' says Alice. 'Good, now we could focus. Except...why are you here? Have you decided to get involved?'"
>"'Infamous? Did Renko already mention me, then? And, well....' Look encouragingly at Renko. She should be the one to say it."
>"Alice nods. Renko takes your cue, and says. 'I'm out, Alice.' 'What.' There is no trace of a question in Alice's reply. 'I'm not going to raid the Scarlet Devil Mansion with you.' There is a painful silence, as Alice gives Renko a frosty look."

>Yuyun Pelham: Bingo.
>Stay hidden for a bit and see how their words and actions match up to the trash can man's story as it goes.
>You watch a bit as Renko and Maribel approach Alice's cabin.
>Maribel says "Anyway, let's just get this over and done with. Nothing to be gained by waiting here, hoping it will go away. You want to knock first?"
>Renko nods, and both of them approach the house. It is a rather simple looking, boxy sort of cabin. It seems to be in very good condition.
>"I think I should..." Renko says, as she walks up the small porch. She knocks on the door, and waits. She takes a few deep breaths. After a minute or so, the door opens, and you see a woman in a blue dress whom you're sure is Alice. "Better late than never, I suppose. Who is this?"
>"Hi, I'm Maribel. I'm a very close friend of Renko's. We just managed to find each other again a short while ago."
>"Ah, you're the infamous Maribel. Good, now we could focus. Except...why are you here? Have you decided to get involved?"
>"Infamous? Did Renko already mention me, then?"
>Alice nods.
>"And, well...."
>Renko says. "I'm out, Alice."
>"What."
>"I'm not going to raid the Scarlet Devil Mansion with you."
>Alice gives Renko a cold look.
>(lolcopypasta)
>Wow, it does match up. Everything does!

>Monitor Maiden: "So the gods WERE in on it. At least Minoriko snapped out of it... though I may have to smack the rest."
>Frown. "Why Utsuho?"
>"She didn't say anymore than that she hoped she could do it."

>Lolita de On?a: Actually, is Meiling lying down? If so, use her chest as a sitting pillow.
>She is, so you sit on her. She doesn't react.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #305 on: July 10, 2011, 08:35:15 AM »
>Shiki: "Yukari, does this match up with anything that's actually happening?"
>Keep listening.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #306 on: July 11, 2011, 12:32:27 AM »
>Shiki: "Yukari, does this match up with anything that's actually happening?"
>"It matches up exactly."

>Keep listening.
>The blue-haired girl says "'It's her decision to make, Alice. She proposed the idea in the first place. No one else has to know what did or didn't happen here.'"
>You hear some whispering among the crowd.
>The trash man says "'So if I understand you correctly,' she says, looking toward you, frowning just a little bit. 'You're threatening to inform on me? To my face? Is this correct?'"
>In reply, the blue-haired girl says "'I was saying the exact opposite, actually, if you note what I actually said. No one else knows, so you don't stand to lose anything that you didn't already have two days ago.'
>The buxom girl adds "'To be honest? I'd rather not 'inform on you'. Marisa is a good-natured person, and I'd rather not do that to one of her friends.'"
>"'No, I think you're trying to tell me you believe I'm a fool,' she says calmly. 'That your friend can just waltz in, take my time and knowledge, offer me false promises, and waltz away under the threat of trying to incriminate me. This really just leads me to wonder if you're bluffing, or you think you have something to back it. Perhaps I shouldn't take that chance?'"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #307 on: July 11, 2011, 02:50:40 AM »
>Shiki: "Yukari, make sure Yuyuko's ready to intervene if this turns ugly. If it doesn't, tell her to wait until their business with Alice is concluded before showing herself."
>"I'm going to remain here for now; if things do indeed match up perfectly, then I'd like to see how our roleplayers react when Yuyuko starts talking about a group of roleplayers from another world. I expect they'll take it as part of the game and assume that their game master is simply 'breaking the fourth wall', as it's called, but still, I would like to see their reactions for myself."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #308 on: July 11, 2011, 03:54:44 AM »
>Pitviper Punisher: "That's not a lot to go on..."
>Are we gonna have to visit the mountain again, too? Damnit.
>Sigh. "Whatever. What else did they have to do for that mess? And what's the full extent of Koishi's part in it?"

>Cosmopolitan Child: Is it comfy?

>Yuppalachians: If we overheard the Yama's comments, whisper back, "Oh, that's exactly the plan, Yama dear! Though you seem to know quite a lot about such stories..."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #309 on: July 11, 2011, 04:07:51 AM »
>Shiki: If Yuyuko does reply: "I've held the position of Yama for over two thousand years. I've seen the lives of countless souls. It's safe to say that I've picked up a few things."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #310 on: July 11, 2011, 11:03:21 PM »
>Shiki: "Yukari, make sure Yuyuko's ready to intervene if this turns ugly. If it doesn't, tell her to wait until their business with Alice is concluded before showing herself."
>"I'm going to remain here for now; if things do indeed match up perfectly, then I'd like to see how our roleplayers react when Yuyuko starts talking about a group of roleplayers from another world. I expect they'll take it as part of the game and assume that their game master is simply 'breaking the fourth wall', as it's called, but still, I would like to see their reactions for myself."
>Yuppalachians: If we overheard the Yama's comments, whisper back, "Oh, that's exactly the plan, Yama dear! Though you seem to know quite a lot about such stories..."
>Shiki: If Yuyuko does reply: "I've held the position of Yama for over two thousand years. I've seen the lives of countless souls. It's safe to say that I've picked up a few things."

>Pitviper Punisher: "That's not a lot to go on..."
>"I didn't say that was all."

>Are we gonna have to visit the mountain again, too? Damnit.
>You really don't want to get back up there...

>Sigh. "Whatever. What else did they have to do for that mess? And what's the full extent of Koishi's part in it?"
>"There was a jewel that they took from Eientei which had the essence of one of my ancestors in it, and they used it to change history. Koishi helped designate what they needed to change."

>Cosmopolitan Child: Is it comfy?
>Heck yes.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #311 on: July 12, 2011, 01:56:13 AM »
>Lacertid Lady: "So one of the core planners, huh."
>Fight down a growl. Damnit, Yama...
>"Don't suppose you've got any further details on how they pulled that off?"

>Yueverett: "Of course, but that's a bit of an odd thing to pick up on, isn't it?"
>Try to keep quiet and stay out of sight; watch for them to finish this rather ugly chat with Alice, assuming it goes well enough...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #312 on: July 12, 2011, 03:56:00 AM »
>Shiki: "Perhaps."
>Keep listening.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #313 on: July 12, 2011, 05:21:29 AM »
>Lacertid Lady: "So one of the core planners, huh."
>Fight down a growl. Damnit, Yama...
>You really want to beat the crap out of Koishi...

>"Don't suppose you've got any further details on how they pulled that off?"
>"Are there blanks I haven't filled in yet?"

>Yueverett: "Of course, but that's a bit of an odd thing to pick up on, isn't it?"
>Shiki: "Perhaps."

>Try to keep quiet and stay out of sight; watch for them to finish this rather ugly chat with Alice, assuming it goes well enough...
>Maribel says "I'm sorry that you feel I'm trying to incriminate you. I assure you that I came here with no intention of doing so. If you won't take my word for it, is there any way I can demonstrate my good faith?"
>Alice continues to give Maribel an icy look. After a few moments, she says. "We'll set this aside for now, and come back to it later."
>"Renko changed her mind. That is all. A person should always be entitled to do this. Was your knowledge given only in exchange for this?"
>"Should a person be entitled to freely go back upon their good word on a benefactor?" Alice asks. "Would you agree, Renko, that I've taught you some useful things that you would not have deciphered on your own? Did you not indicate that I would "not be sorry I did this?", to borrow your own words, after we had spent time beforehand planning our little escapade."
>"Well...I guess..." says Renko, glancing to you askance.
>"Then, can we agree you are going back upon your word, after I helped you?"

>Keep listening.
>The blue-haired girl says "'I'm sorry that you feel I'm trying to incriminate you. I assure you that I came here with no intention of doing so. If you won't take my word for it, is there any way I can demonstrate my good faith? Renko changed her mind. That is all. A person should always be entitled to do this. Was your knowledge given only in exchange for this?'"
>In reply, the trash man says "She continues to give you a frosty look, leaving you with a crawling feeling in your stomach. Is she about to do something? After a few moments, she says. 'We'll set this aside for now, and come back to it later.' You try to explain things for Renko. 'Should a person be entitled to freely go back upon their good word on a benefactor?' Alice asks, looking at you, then at Renko. 'Would you agree, Renko, that I've taught you some useful things that you would not have deciphered on your own? Did you not indicate that I would 'not be sorry I did this?", to borrow your own words, after we had spent time beforehand planning our little escapade.' 'Well...I guess...' says Renko, glancing to you askance. "Then, can we agree you are going back upon your word, after I helped you?'"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #314 on: July 12, 2011, 06:07:22 AM »
>Shiki: "I hope this doesn't get ugly."
>Continue to watch and listen.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #315 on: July 12, 2011, 06:29:15 AM »
>Shiki: "I hope this doesn't get ugly."
>Continue to watch and listen.
>The blue-haired girl says "Take Renko's hand."
>The buxom girl adds "And squeeze to show support."
>"'I agree that it's a bad thing to go back on one's word, but it's an even worse thing to plan to take another's home and possessions, no matter how appealing it might be to have them for yourself. And assistance given only in exchange for thievery is tainted. Alice, you have friends who care about you; do you think they would support this plan, either?'"
>The trash man says "You take Renko's hand, and give it a gentle squeeze. She squeezes back, not quite so gently. Alice's turns her gaze back to you. 'I have weighed such things. They are neither here nor there in regards breaking an oath freely given, thank you. Now, Renko,' says Alice. 'What are we going to do about this?'"
>"'Don't try to intimidate her into doing what you want her to, Alice; I hardly think that's befitting of anyone who would call themselves a benefactor. Renko, tell her what you truly feel about all this.' Squeeze her hand again. Let her know we're there for her."
>"Says the blackmailer," Alice replies. "Somehow, I don't think you have much credibility or place in this discussion right now. Do you?"
>"You squeeze Renko's hand again. 'Alice,' she says. 'I don't want to rob them, alright? I've thought about it, and it's just not what I want to do anymore. So I'm calling the deal off. You can go raid them on your own if you want.' 'While I am mildly curious about this dramatic turnaround in your thoughts on this,' says Alice. In the end, it's not important to me whether you refuse due to a sudden moral reluctance or because you read it in the stars. What I am curious about is what you're going to do about attempting to leave me in the lurch.'"
>"'I have a place here because she's my friend and I'm going to support her! I'm sorry if you can't understand that. And what is it you expect her to do? She's already made it clear she's not supporting this. You're no more in the lurch than you were a few days ago before you met her. Nothing in the external situation has changed.'"
>"'Interesting that your support involves casting doubt upon the wronged party,' Alice says. 'As for what I expect her to do? I would prefer to know what she expects to do to make up for turning her back on our agreement.' 'I...um....don't know...' Renko says. 'Tisk,' says Alice. Renko squeezes your hand again. You're pretty sure she needs your support."
>"'Alice, a person shouldn't have to compensate someone for not violating their own conscience. Asking someone to do that is asking far too much. Please respect her right to choose her own actions. But if you are insistent on being compensated for your time and anticipation somehow, perhaps I could make up for that in Renko's stead. Assuming that what you ask is reasonable.'"
>"'I did not ask, she offered,' says Alice. 'Freely. And, what would you have in mind? Somehow, I doubt you're offering to take her place.'"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #316 on: July 13, 2011, 01:50:34 AM »
>Shiki: Continue to listen.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #317 on: July 13, 2011, 05:41:19 AM »
>Shiki: Continue to listen.
>The blue-haired girl says "'Isn't a person allowed to regret a decision they made? Just because someone has an idea doesn't mean it should be eternally binding if they have good reason to make a different decision later on. I'm sure you've also made plans that you later decided not to enact. And no, I'm not offering to take her place. I don't think it's right, and I don't wish to assist with robbing someone. Not that I could manage the fairies in the first place, truth by told... And I don't know what I have in mind, since nearly the sum-total of my knowledge of you concerns this endeavor. Hence why I asked for a suggestion.'"
>The trash man replies "'The difference,' Alice says, 'is that I do not obligate myself into such things ahead of time. And, you mean to tell me, you've come here to break such an obligation, and have exactly no idea how you intend to make up for this? Is this right, Renko?' Renko squeezes your hand again. Is she shaking?"
>The buxom girl says "'Stop. Please. Please do not blame Renko for this. She has been loyal to you throughout. She very much wanted to continue the plan when we met. I talked her out of it. Me. And she fought the whole way. Don't get mad at her. She doesn't deserve it. If you must, get mad at me."
>"'It was apparent,' says Alice. She looks back to you. 'And I presume you've had no ideas since?'"
>"'I actually may have some. They depend on why you want to knock over the mansion, though.'"
>"'Go on,' she says."
>"'What part of this plan was so important to you that you feel this invested in it, anyway? I've heard that you're not hard up for money yourself, and Renko says you never had any interest in claiming the mansion itself. So what was it? Perhaps we can work out a concession?'"
>"'Also, surely you know Patchouli? You and her are both good friends of Marisa, from what I understand. What happened that you wish to assault and evict her?'"
>"'My motivations are not something you need to know,' says Alice. 'Now, you said you had some ideas?'"
>"'Well, I'd say motivations are pretty important when it comes to compensation. Am I correct in assuming that you are more concerned with a particular end than the method through which it is achieved? It's hard to suggest an alternate path to achieve an end if I have no idea what it is.'"
>"'Perhaps Renko didn't tell you as much as it seemed,' Alice says. 'I am to receive half of the take from Scarlet Devil Mansion, both in money and in items. That is all you need to know. And, I presume you did know, as you claimed to have some ideas? I admit, you have me a little curious now.'"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #318 on: July 13, 2011, 05:43:57 AM »
>Yuyukan Alborz: Frown. That's not a very nice thing to do, Alice...
>Keep watchin'.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #319 on: July 14, 2011, 02:10:53 AM »
>Yuyukan Alborz: Frown. That's not a very nice thing to do, Alice...
>Tsk tsk.

>Keep watchin'.
>Maribel says "It was mentioned, but at the time, I believed it to be a 'logical' extension of an attack, not the primary goal. If I was mistaken, then that complicates things on my end, as I figured you had suffered a wrong and were looking for retribution. There is some backstory to where I am coming from, but I'm sure you don't care to hear it, so I will cut to the chase. As things stand, despite the hospitality they have provided me, as long as I am not forced to actively participate I actually do not have any issues with an attack on the mansion, as I understand that sort of thing is commonplace here. It is important to Renko that this be done for reasons that I support. If your main desire is to simply defeat the residents of the mansion in battle, then by all means, vaya con Dios. The problem I have is with the looting afterward. Unlike simple battling, that does not seem at all commonplace here, especially as your battle system seems at least somewhat founded in honor, which looting notably lacks. I thought that perhaps a public apology from their house to all parties they have wronged in the past would be better. People of their ilk apologizing is bound to make the rest of Gensokyo sit up and take notice, which in turn gives the victor the satisfaction of knowing they dealt a particularly demoralizing blow that the rest of the land knew about, and all the while there is no honor to be lost anywhere."
>"So, as I understand, you'll be doing it anyways?" Alice asks.
>After a moment, Maribel replies "Yes, I believe so, and I imagine Renko would still be most grateful for your participation, if simply beating the mansion in battle and receiving an apology for past wrongs would satisfy you."
>Alice then...begins to laugh? "Oh my! By yourself? That promises to be most entertaining! No no, I'm sorry Miss Maribel, but I have no interest if there's nothing profitable in the endeavor. By all means, though, have at it!" Alice chuckles again. "It shall more than cover things, I assure you."
>"Uh...I don't understand. What more than covers things?"
>"If you really are a big enough fool to try to take Scarlet Devil Mansion alone," Alice says, "then you've resolved to do more to yourselves than I would bother doing on my own. I shall leave you to it."
>"If Renko's forces are so paltry, and you believe your presence alone more than sufficient to turn certain defeat into certain victory, why, may I ask, have you never tried something like this before?"
>"Does one build a stool with only two legs?" Alice asks. "If you need to ask me this, then it's really just indicative of your own chances."
>"And do you care nothing for this, or her, outside your own monetary gain?"
>"I find it particularly hard to care about someone who repays my efforts to help them by going back on their word," says Alice. "And now that we have that issue resolved, let us return to the one where you were trying to disprove that you were going to attempt to blackmail me?"
>You notice quite a few fairy spectators in the bushes around the clearing where Alice's cabin is...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #320 on: July 14, 2011, 02:20:01 AM »
>Shiki: "Yuyuko, be ready. This could turn ugly."
>Keep listening.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #321 on: July 14, 2011, 02:25:29 AM »
>Yuyucastle: Are there any common traits among those fairies? Do they seem threatening at all? Have they been mentioned in the trash can man's narrative?
>What would we expect them to do if they got involved in this discussion? Any idea whether these are supposed to be from the army supporting or attacking the Scarlet Devil Mansion?
>If there's been no mention in the narrative, whisper to the others, "There are lots of fairies here, even if he isn't saying so..."
>Would we be able to sneak through to cut off and interfere with those fairies without drawing attention from the tense talk we're observing?

EDIT: Whoops, lost track of armpits for a sec

>Boa Babe: "Blanks like how much of this was whose idea when they were planning it, the specifics of how you got things back to normal, and what other effects it's had."
>Frown. "Like that Renko girl Yukari mentioned."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:27:06 AM by IronE-Nazrin »

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #322 on: July 14, 2011, 08:20:19 AM »
>Shiki: "Yuyuko, be ready. This could turn ugly."
>Keep listening.
>The blue-haired girl says "Sigh. '"I was trying to reassure you that no one else knew, as strange as that might sound to you. If I had honestly wanted you to come to harm over this, don't you think it would have been much more sensible to simply tell the appropriate parties and then not come to speak with you alone? What could I possibly have to gain by doing so? If my ultimate goal was to simply avert your successful invasion, I would think telling them of your involvement would do that well enough; there would be no need to tell you about it. I came here to support Renko; nothing more, nothing less.'"
>The trash man says "'These things aside, then, you wouldn't be adverse to placing some weight of evidence on your lack of ill intentions?'"
>"'If you can think of something reasonable I could offer as proof, please do. I'd rather dispel this as convincingly as possible.'"
>"'I believe I can,' she says. 'Please come inside.'"
>"'Frankly, I think I'd feel more comfortable at the moment if you could bring whatever you intend to show me outside.'"
>"'I just want you to sign an agreement,' says Alice, 'and there is no table out here.'"
>The large-breasted girl says "How long can we hold a border shield?"
>"You've never been able to hold one more than a second or two."
>The blue-haired girl adds "Inventory."
>"Your inventory contains..." and then he starts listing a few pieces of clothing, a few interesting but seemingly useless trinkets like a levitating potato stone, 92☼ in dwarf Gensokyo currency, and a captured spellcard.

>Yuyucastle: Are there any common traits among those fairies? Do they seem threatening at all? Have they been mentioned in the trash can man's narrative?
>They all seem to be wearing...blue clothes. You're not sure if they're threatening. They haven't been mentioned in the narrative.

>What would we expect them to do if they got involved in this discussion? Any idea whether these are supposed to be from the army supporting or attacking the Scarlet Devil Mansion?
>You guess that they would attack, but only if they got involved. You don't know if they're part of one of the fairy armies.

>If there's been no mention in the narrative, whisper to the others, "There are lots of fairies here, even if he isn't saying so..."
>Yukari remarks "Perhaps there's a powerful presence around there? I don't think Alice is the type to attract so many fairies."

>Would we be able to sneak through to cut off and interfere with those fairies without drawing attention from the tense talk we're observing?
>You don't think so, as you think the fairies would react loudly to your interference.

>Boa Babe: "Blanks like how much of this was whose idea when they were planning it, the specifics of how you got things back to normal, and what other effects it's had."
>"I don't know anything about the former, but I do know how this was all repaired. Simply put, I used my powers and the crystal to change it back, and I made sure Utusho and Parsee remembered everything."

>Frown. "Like that Renko girl Yukari mentioned."
>Keine remarks "What about Renko?"
>Yukari whispers in your ear, "I think I would be better suited to explaining that."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:11:30 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #323 on: July 15, 2011, 02:11:18 AM »
>:Shiki: What was the spellcard?
>And, of course, keep listening.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #324 on: July 15, 2011, 03:25:02 AM »
>:Shiki: What was the spellcard?
>Wound Sign 「Pain Flow Endlessly」.

>And, of course, keep listening.
>You notice a girl that is with us right now with gray hair that reminds you of Nazrin somewhat. She says, "Glance at Renko for her thoughts." In reply, the trash man says "She still seems rather upset. She doesn't notice your glance."
>The blue-haired girl says "'I don't need a table to just write a signature. Can I at least see what you want me to sign?'"
>"'I certainly need one to write on, and I would prefer I not take my eye from someone threatening me with blackmail,' says Alice. 'And of course you may.'"
>The blue-haired girl says "'I swear absolutely that I have not knowingly informed anyone else of your involvement in this, and I swear equally that I will not try to run away just because your back is turned. But I simply don't feel comfortable to step inside your house right now, for more than one important reason. I apologize for how rude this must sound, but try to understand my own position here; we both have reason not to trust each other, and the balance of power here is decisively in your favor. Draft the document as you choose, and I will wait here for your return. I can even stand someplace where you can see me from the house, if it makes you feel better. Or you can have... whatever that construct you were working with watch me.'"
>"There is a moment of silence as Alice gives you a cool, appraising look. You feel a little knot form in your stomach, wondering if she's just going to decide not to take her chances. Then she says. 'Fine. A moment.'
>"She opens the door to her house and calls in, 'Bring me my cutting board, some paper, a pen and ink, and my seal.' Then she looks back to you. 'This will only be a moment.'"
>"After a moment, a small girl in a frilly dress flies from the house, carrying a piece of paper. Standing a little over a foot tall, you are tempted to mistake it for a faerie until you notice her lack of wings. Then you recall her clothing as you note the odd shape her hands; this is a doll. It's the same doll that you saw earlier today, only quite a bit smaller than before. Other dolls, similar in appearance but dressed differently, float out after her, bearing the others items Alice has asked for. They're...honestly quite adorable, as they flock around the magician. Well, save for that one holding the inkwell, her smile is just too creepy."
>"Alice bids a few of them to hold up the cutting board; one made for cloth rather than food as you wondered. She begins to write. One of the dolls, the former giant, hovers around you. You'd swear she was curious about you."
>"'And what would you stake on this claim you are not trying to blackmail me?' asks Alice in a conversational tone, almost devoid of her prior coldness."
>Do you want the parser to keep pasting chunks of text or do you want to choose how long these posts are?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #325 on: July 15, 2011, 03:30:03 AM »
>The exact events are not necessary. Summarize what happens (and what the contract thing says) up until either a: hostilities break out, or b: Maribel and her companion depart. Unless anyone else objects, of course.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #326 on: July 15, 2011, 03:36:37 AM »
>The exact events are not necessary. Summarize what happens (and what the contract thing says) up until either a: hostilities break out, or b: Maribel and her companion depart. Unless anyone else objects, of course.
>The trash man continues his game. The terms of the contract dictate that if Maribel reveals to the Scarlet Devil Mansion Alice's plan to attack it, she will forfeit her eyesight. Maribel requests that this is void if Alice actually attacks or robs the SDM, to which Alice agrees. After a bit of discussion about the terms, Maribel signs the contract and she and Renko depart. They are now both some distance from Alice's house.
>Tsk tsk tsk, Alice. Do you want to lecture her?
>"Oh yeah, if Koishi doesn't forgive Utsuho by the end of the day, I'm reopening her third eye."
>Yuyuko asks "Should I go talk to them now?"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:41:19 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #327 on: July 15, 2011, 03:46:16 AM »
>Shiki: That was directed to us, right? If so: "Yukari, the voice just said that it's going to reopen Koishi's third eye at the end of the day if she hasn't forgiven Utsuho by then. Is this possible?"
>"Yuyuko, go talk to the two of them."
>Yuyuko: "'Kay."
>Approach the pair.
>"Hi, there!"
>Shiki: Watch how this plays out in the roleplay (meaning go back to the full scenes).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:48:07 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #328 on: July 15, 2011, 05:32:00 AM »
>Shiki: That was directed to us, right? If so: "Yukari, the voice just said that it's going to reopen Koishi's third eye at the end of the day if she hasn't forgiven Utsuho by then. Is this possible?"
>"Koishi is the only case I know of of satori who have closed their third eye. I haven't researched her extensively, so I don't know."

>"Yuyuko, go talk to the two of them."
>Yuyuko: "'Kay."
>Approach the pair.
>"Hi, there!"
>Oh dear, they seem to be in the middle of a hug right now. You approach them and do this anyways.
>Maribel looks at you, but she doesn't react to your presence in any other way yet.

>Shiki: Watch how this plays out in the roleplay (meaning go back to the full scenes).
>Damn it, I can't mimic Purvis or DracoOmega.
>The blue-haired girl says "'Renko....' Give her a hug. 'I'm so sorry if I've made things worse. I was only trying to do what I thought was right....'"
>In reply, the trash man says "You giver her a hug. She returns it, clinging to you tightly and leaning on you heavily. 'You didn't...I don't think...It's just...I can't believe she said all those things, Mary. Oh god...I really thought she was my friend...' Past Renko's shoulder, you see a pink-haired strange walk up to you and say 'Hi, there!'"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 05:35:53 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #329 on: July 15, 2011, 06:19:07 AM »
>Varanidae Vixen: "You? Volunteering information? A miracle."
>"... first, why Utsuho and Parsee? 'cause they were involved, I'm guessing?"

>Yuyudonia: That Alice talk was rather personal, perhaps we shouldn't make a point of discussing it. There's a better explanation for our interest, anyway... and more honest, at that!
>"Would you two be Maribel and Renko?"