Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 172127 times)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2011, 12:49:34 AM »
>Whiptail Woman: My god, that one actually works! It all clicks now!
>Everything makes sense now!

>"... okay, THAT I can buy. Still doesn't answer how things got back to normal, though. Or should I just guess 'Keine'?"
>Utsuho says "Yep. Keine said that she wanted to give that jewel to Komachi to make sure she got the afterlife she deserved, preventing Kanako from pulling something like this again."

>"And as for your fight before doing that... about how thorough was this 'defeat'?"
>"Knocked her unconscious."
>Kanako snarls, "Don't remind me."

>More fundamentally, what do we remember about the very notion of a city and what life was like on Gensokyo Isle?
>You spent most of your time in the shrine in the forest, except when you needed to head to the city for groceries and stuff like that. Come to think of it, it was a lot like your normal life, wasn't it?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:44:23 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2011, 01:55:41 AM »
>Yuyuko: Any change now? If not: "I don't think it's going to work, Shiki."
>Shiki: Tell Patchouli to stop.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2011, 07:14:30 PM »
>Yuyuko: Any change now? If not: "I don't think it's going to work, Shiki."
>No change.

>Shiki: Tell Patchouli to stop.
>You tell Patchouli to stop. She replies "Okay then. Reversing changes..."
>As Eiki and Suika, you regain your strength. As Eiki, everything is clear again. As Suika, those headaches are gone.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2011, 09:40:45 PM »
>Shiki: "Okay, it doesn't look like the brute force approach is working. Hmm..."
>Wait, we've been overlooking a possibility for getting to the other world.
>"Yukari, you can still open gaps to places like Makai or the outside world, right? If the world we're undergoing the overlay with was as close as those are, do you think you could open a gap there?"
>If asked how we'd get a world closer: "Komachi can manipulate distance. I can't make any guaruntees, but we may be able to make use of that for such a purpose."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2011, 12:38:58 AM »
>Shiki: "Okay, it doesn't look like the brute force approach is working. Hmm..."
>Wait, we've been overlooking a possibility for getting to the other world.
>"Yukari, you can still open gaps to places like Makai or the outside world, right? If the world we're undergoing the overlay with was as close as those are, do you think you could open a gap there?"
>Yukari replies "Yes, but do you really think that the other world is so close?"

>If asked how we'd get a world closer: "Komachi can manipulate distance. I can't make any guarantees, but we may be able to make use of that for such a purpose."
>"You don't even know where that world is relative to this one."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:40:32 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2011, 01:38:31 AM »
>Shiki: "We'd need to determine its location, then. Patchouli, do you know of any way to do such a thing?"
>If not: "Yukari, how about you?"
>If she doesn't know, either: "Unfortunate. And I don't know that we'd be able to find a method here; if we could, it likely would have turned up during our first search. Which means it's back to the original plan. Suika, I'd like you to try gathering books again, this time for information about overlays. Yuyuko and I will spread out and grab anything that looks like it's responding. And you can keep an eye out, too, right, Yukari?"

Yeah, so in case you haven't noticed, I'm kind of just throwing out any ideas that come to mind and hoping something works.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2011, 02:59:43 AM »
>Helodermatidae Hero: Frown. Eye Kanako for a minute.
>So that's about three other people to talk to about this, and it sounds like Kanako DID get a decent beating over it already...
>"... and Suwako?"
>Well, at least this is starting to wrap up... where are the Underground, the Human Village, Higan, and Youkai Mountain relative to each other, i.e. what would be the shortest route without having to rely on Yukari if she's taking forever?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2011, 07:03:43 AM »
>Shiki: "We'd need to determine its location, then. Patchouli, do you know of any way to do such a thing?"
>"I'm afraid not."

>If not: "Yukari, how about you?"
>"I don't know anything, either."

>If she doesn't know, either: "Unfortunate. And I don't know that we'd be able to find a method here; if we could, it likely would have turned up during our first search. Which means it's back to the original plan. Suika, I'd like you to try gathering books again, this time for information about overlays. Yuyuko and I will spread out and grab anything that looks like it's responding. And you can keep an eye out, too, right, Yukari?"
>"Of course."other books were attrat
>Suika says "I'll try that again, I guess."
>As Suika, you gather overlay-related books towards you. Two books on Patchouli's desk fly towards you, and you catch them, but you don't think any other books tried to gather to you.

>Helodermatidae Hero: Frown. Eye Kanako for a minute.
>So that's about three other people to talk to about this, and it sounds like Kanako DID get a decent beating over it already...
>"... and Suwako?"
>"Same thing."
>Suwako frowns.

>Well, at least this is starting to wrap up... where are the Underground, the Human Village, Higan, and Youkai Mountain relative to each other, i.e. what would be the shortest route without having to rely on Yukari if she's taking forever?
>The Underground entrance is far south of the Human Village. Higan is north of the village, and farther from the village than the Underground entrance is. Youkai Mountain is to the northwest of the village, and closer than both the Underground entrance and Higan.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2011, 03:55:45 PM »
>Suika: "I think it's just these two."
>Shiki: "Let's take a look, then."
>Are either of the books ones we looked through previously?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2011, 04:40:34 PM »
>Suika: "I think it's just these two."
>Shiki: "Let's take a look, then."
>Are either of the books ones we looked through previously?
>They both are. That explains why they were on Patchouli's desk instead of being on or between a shelf...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #220 on: June 22, 2011, 06:07:44 PM »
>Shiki: "These are the same ones we found previously. I've already looked through the one we could read again, and I didn't find anything. Patchouli, could I ask you to look through the magicians-only book for information on overlays?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #221 on: June 23, 2011, 05:15:07 AM »
>Monitor Mistress: Hmm. Sounds like Higan's the most out of the way there... Keine's definitely the highest priority, but skipping having to visit Komachi would be nice. If we could just... oh.
>"Hey Yukari, ask the Yama if she remembers anything about this gem going through."
>About how long would a trip to the village take from the here and now?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #222 on: June 23, 2011, 05:29:33 AM »
>Monitor Mistress: Hmm. Sounds like Higan's the most out of the way there... Keine's definitely the highest priority, but skipping having to visit Komachi would be nice. If we could just... oh.
>Wait a minute...

>"Hey Yukari, ask the Yama if she remembers anything about this gem going through."
>"Gladly."

>About how long would a trip to the village take from the here and now?
>15 minutes.
>Uggh. You're so hungry.
>You hear Kanako say "Well, if there's nothing else for you to say, I'm out of here." She and Suwako leave.

>Shiki: "These are the same ones we found previously. I've already looked through the one we could read again, and I didn't find anything. Patchouli, could I ask you to look through the magicians-only book for information on overlays?"
>"I already have. There's surprisingly little on the subject, including what you found out about that book and some info on how to accelerate an overlay. There was a ripped-off page there..."
>You hear Yukari say "Has a hakutaku or a were-hakutaku passed by Higan recently?"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 05:31:27 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #223 on: June 23, 2011, 05:53:12 AM »
>Shiki: "One moment, Patchouli."
>Has one passed by recently? Whatever the answer is, say it.
>"Sorry about that, Patchouli. Anyways, the missing page may be significant, but we, of course, do not have it. In its absence, I would like to ask you to tell us the information on accelerating an overlay. This could provide a clue as to what's causing it and, thus, how one might go about stopping it."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #224 on: June 23, 2011, 06:18:53 AM »
>Shiki: "One moment, Patchouli."
>Has one passed by recently? Whatever the answer is, say it.
>You think you've seen one around Higan recently. Due to your current state, you were unable to judge her and have her pass on.
>"I see. Now go back to your conversation, now."

>"Sorry about that, Patchouli. Anyways, the missing page may be significant, but we, of course, do not have it. In its absence, I would like to ask you to tell us the information on accelerating an overlay. This could provide a clue as to what's causing it and, thus, how one might go about stopping it."
>"It takes a magician (not necessarily just magician youkai, but also non-youkai practitioners) at each gap, having a large amount of magical fuel of any kind, and a spell."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2011, 06:43:09 AM »
>Shiki: We did tell Yukari about the hakutaku, right? If not, do so.
>""Hmm... that would seem to imply that one trigger-although obviously not a sole trigger-of an overlay is a high concentration of magical energy, Which Gensokyo most certainly... has."
>Damn, another thing we've been overlooking.
>"Wait, we've been acting on the assumption that the overlay initiated with the other world, that it has been overlaying on Gensokyo. But couldn't it be the other way around, be that Gensokyo is overlaying on the other world?"
>"Yes, thoughts seem to be passing from the other world to the minds of people here in Gensokyo, but that may not necessarily mean that the other world is overlaying Gensokyo."
>"Right, it would seem that a new course of action is now open to us. It may behoove us to investigate areas with unusually high concentrations of magical energy. the Forest of Magic, maybe. Or perhaps Makai. Which brings to mind something else that we should probably look into. Youmu has been affected by the overlay, and she spends most of her time in Hakugyokuro. Is the overlay then also affecting realms connected to Gensokyo, such as Hakugyokuro or Makai?"
>Yuyuko: "You think we should search for gaps in those places? They're not small places, you know; looking may take a while."
>Shiki: "Then we can again seek the aid of Rikako; her gap-detecting device should be able to aid in such a search."
>Suika: "So which do we go with, the overlay's cause or how bad it's hitting other places? Yeah, we can look into both, but what do we start with?"
>This is getting confusing. We need a drink.
>Drink.
>Shiki: "I don't know. I don't even know if looking into them will help at all. Any thoughts, Patchouli? Yukari?"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:45:02 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2011, 07:20:40 AM »
>The Hunger: "Goodness, Shiki, you really haven't thought of trying to speak with those people in Sakuya's head by finding who they're playing as? I think I even have a hunch~"

>Teiidae Trapper: "Whoa hey HEY HEY HEY!" Catch the goddesses! "Don't you just run out on me like that!"
>"I guess I can let you guys go for now, but if Keine mentions anything worse when I talk with her I'm gonna be having frog legs on a stick for dinner, you got that?"
>What time is it, anyway? Do we know any decent places to eat in the Underground?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
>Shiki: "I have thought of it. I don't think it will work, but I'll admit that my previous ideas haven't met with much success. Perhaps that's something we should look into, then. Who is it that you think they're playing as?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2011, 09:21:40 PM »
>Shiki: We did tell Yukari about the hakutaku, right? If not, do so.
>You just did.

>""Hmm... that would seem to imply that one trigger-although obviously not a sole trigger-of an overlay is a high concentration of magical energy, Which Gensokyo most certainly... has."
>Damn, another thing we've been overlooking.
>"Wait, we've been acting on the assumption that the overlay initiated with the other world, that it has been overlaying on Gensokyo. But couldn't it be the other way around, be that Gensokyo is overlaying on the other world?"
>"Yes, thoughts seem to be passing from the other world to the minds of people here in Gensokyo, but that may not necessarily mean that the other world is overlaying Gensokyo."
>"Right, it would seem that a new course of action is now open to us. It may behoove us to investigate areas with unusually high concentrations of magical energy. the Forest of Magic, maybe. Or perhaps Makai. Which brings to mind something else that we should probably look into. Youmu has been affected by the overlay, and she spends most of her time in Hakugyokuro. Is the overlay then also affecting realms connected to Gensokyo, such as Hakugyokuro or Makai?"
>Yuyuko: "You think we should search for gaps in those places? They're not small places, you know; looking may take a while."
>Shiki: "Then we can again seek the aid of Rikako; her gap-detecting device should be able to aid in such a search."
>Suika: "So which do we go with, the overlay's cause or how bad it's hitting other places? Yeah, we can look into both, but what do we start with?"
>This is getting confusing. We need a drink.
>Drink.
>You drink. It makes your mind sharper in defiance of what alcohol is supposed to do.

>Shiki: "I don't know. I don't even know if looking into them will help at all. Any thoughts, Patchouli? Yukari?"
>Patchouli says "I'm only good at research, and there isn't much more to be researched here."
>Yukari says "Well, you haven't got very many leads."

>The Hunger: "Goodness, Shiki, you really haven't thought of trying to speak with those people in Sakuya's head by finding who they're playing as? I think I even have a hunch~"
>Shiki: "I have thought of it. I don't think it will work, but I'll admit that my previous ideas haven't met with much success. Perhaps that's something we should look into, then. Who is it that you think they're playing as?"

>Teiidae Trapper: "Whoa hey HEY HEY HEY!" Catch the goddesses! "Don't you just run out on me like that!"
>"I guess I can let you guys go for now, but if Keine mentions anything worse when I talk with her I'm gonna be having frog legs on a stick for dinner, you got that?"
>Suwako says "Then what was the point of catching us if you're just going to let us go, anyways?"
>She and Kanako head off.

>What time is it, anyway? Do we know any decent places to eat in the Underground?
>You don't really know, but it must be sunset by now. You don't know any places to eat in the Underground.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2011, 12:57:49 AM »
>Anole Antagonist: Call after them, "To give you the proper warning!"
>Mutter. Freakin' impolite for that matter...
>Was there food in that bar we were just in? How much money do we have again? Keine's not gonna run off.
>Uh, did we hear back from Yukari?

>Fansiyuyuan: "Well, when you went to have that talk with poor Koishi, Suika and I visited Satori's place to look for Utsuho. She wasn't there at the moment, but Orin was! And since she was one of the ones you mentioned them playing with, in that exact location, it made sense to ask who else was there, of course? So, there's a rather interesting 'Maribel' girl around... I wonder what would happen if we explained Sakuya's situation to her?"
>Beat.
>"Oh... and how's Koishi, anyway? The poor girl isn't still with us, is she? Is she alright?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2011, 02:52:44 AM »
>Anole Antagonist: Call after them, "To give you the proper warning!"
>They give you no indication of hearing you as they fly off.

>Mutter. Freakin' impolite for that matter...
>Well, if they're impolite, how about yourself?

>Was there food in that bar we were just in? How much money do we have again? Keine's not gonna run off.
>Yeah, there was. You have 30☼.

>Uh, did we hear back from Yukari?
>Not yet.
>Yukari says "Apparently, she has seen a hakutaku pass by."

>Fansiyuyuan: "Well, when you went to have that talk with poor Koishi, Suika and I visited Satori's place to look for Utsuho. She wasn't there at the moment, but Orin was! And since she was one of the ones you mentioned them playing with, in that exact location, it made sense to ask who else was there, of course? So, there's a rather interesting 'Maribel' girl around... I wonder what would happen if we explained Sakuya's situation to her?"
>Beat.
>"Oh... and how's Koishi, anyway? The poor girl isn't still with us, is she? Is she alright?"
>Eiki replies "To both of your questions, no, she isn't."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2011, 03:50:07 AM »
>Iguana Intuitite: "Was it the one that got used for the Gensokyo Isle incident? Or did she even speak with it?"
>The bar was run by that Nue we fought during the Byakuren thing, right? Is she reasonable enough, all things considered?
>If so, head in and ask the barkeep how much for a cheap meal. ... and maybe a cheap drink.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2011, 04:16:03 AM »
>Shiki: "I think that what Koishi needs right now is to be left alone with her thoughts. Yukari's keeping an eye on her and will alert us if she is ever in danger, but aside from that, I think the best thing we can do for her right now is let her be."
>Do we know of a 'Maribel'?
>"Does anyone know where this 'Maribel' lives?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #233 on: June 24, 2011, 11:06:21 PM »
>Iguana Intuitite: "Was it the one that got used for the Gensokyo Isle incident? Or did she even speak with it?"
>"I haven't asked about either, but I'll do so now."

>The bar was run by that Nue we fought during the Byakuren thing, right? Is she reasonable enough, all things considered?
>You barely know her, but she must be somewhat reasonable if she's running a successful bar.

>If so, head in and ask the barkeep how much for a cheap meal. ... and maybe a cheap drink.
>You head back in and ask the barkeep for a cheap meal. She replies "What on the menu do you want?"

>Shiki: "I think that what Koishi needs right now is to be left alone with her thoughts. Yukari's keeping an eye on her and will alert us if she is ever in danger, but aside from that, I think the best thing we can do for her right now is let her be."
>Do we know of a 'Maribel'?
>You do not.

>"Does anyone know where this 'Maribel' lives?"
>Yukari says "I don't think she's actually settled in Gensokyo yet." She then whispers in your (as Eiki) ears "Were there any other hakutaku around Higan? Did you speak with that hakutaku?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2011, 01:16:30 AM »
>Shiki: Did we? Whatever the answer is, tell Yukari.
>"Yukari, how much information about this 'Maribel' would you need in order to locate her?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #235 on: June 25, 2011, 02:04:18 AM »
>Shiki: Did we? Whatever the answer is, tell Yukari.
>You didn't see any other hakutaku around Higan, and you didn't speak with that hakutaku.
>"I see."

>"Yukari, how much information about this 'Maribel' would you need in order to locate her?"
>"That depends on the information."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #236 on: June 25, 2011, 02:25:10 AM »
>Shiki: "In that case, let's open the floor. Does anyone know anything about this 'Maribel'? Yukari? Patchoulli?"
>Party: State any known information.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #237 on: June 25, 2011, 11:59:55 AM »
>Gharial Gangster: What IS on the menu? Are the prices listed?
>Upon Yukari's report, mutter. Great, now we might have to actually talk to Komachi... although. Whisper back, "And would Komachi know more?"

>Osborne Yuyunge: "I believe Utsuho said that she was probably aboveground, but that isn't very detailed, is it? I believe Orin described her as having... blonde hair, purple eyes, and a black dress rather like her own."
>Smile. "Oh yes, and I rather suspect she's close to that Renko girl you heard about, as well~ Who has short brown hair and a rather colorful sundress, I'm told!"
>Pause. "Although, perhaps it would be easiest to see where the people in Sakuya's head say she is? Where would that poor maid be?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #238 on: June 26, 2011, 04:59:15 AM »
>Gharial Gangster: What IS on the menu? Are the prices listed?
>The only food item is a rice bowl, going for 5☼. There are various drinks for varying prices.
>Yukari says "Apparently, that was the only hakutaku in Higan, so I'd presume that was the one in the jewel. Unfortunately, she didn't speak to her. I don' think she was aware that that hakutaku came in jewel form."

>Upon Yukari's report, mutter. Great, now we might have to actually talk to Komachi... although. Whisper back, "And would Komachi know more?"
>"Not much more, probably."

>Shiki: "In that case, let's open the floor. Does anyone know anything about this 'Maribel'? Yukari? Patchoulli?"
>Party: State any known information.
>Osborne Yuyunge: "I believe Utsuho said that she was probably aboveground, but that isn't very detailed, is it? I believe Orin described her as having... blonde hair, purple eyes, and a black dress rather like her own."
>Smile. "Oh yes, and I rather suspect she's close to that Renko girl you heard about, as well~ Who has short brown hair and a rather colorful sundress, I'm told!"
>Pause. "Although, perhaps it would be easiest to see where the people in Sakuya's head say she is? Where would that poor maid be?"
>Yukari says "Do you really think that the game they're playing actually has any relation to where Maribel is? If it is, it would be an amazing coincidence."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #239 on: June 26, 2011, 05:18:11 AM »
>Leatherback Lady: Bah, that's not much help. Well, that can be left on the backburner, Keine would be a higher priority anyway...
>Sigh. "Thanks, Yukari."
>There's something more important to take care of at the moment, anyway. Order up that rice.
>What's the drink selection like? Anything that's both cheap and should give us a little buzz to cool down without causing any drunken hindrances?
>How well do we handle alcohol, anyway?

>Ectoplasmic Ennstaler: "It's a rather amazing coincidence that the two visited the Palace of Earth Spirits just before we did, isn't it? If it wouldn't be too much trouble, Yukari dear, it would probably be the easiest way to do it, wouldn't it?"