Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 172168 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »
>Kurses. I had plans.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2011, 08:47:51 PM »
>Kurses. I had plans.
>Your plans were ruined so badly you had to spell curses with a k.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2011, 08:49:19 PM »
>Indeedoomupo.
>Who is where now, by the by?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2011, 09:28:35 PM »
>Indeedoomupo.
>Who is where now, by the by?
>Eiki is at the entrance of the SDM.
>Reimu is behind the Moriya Shrine, conversing with the gods.
>Yuyuko and Suika are still underground, talking with Yuugi.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2011, 11:28:14 PM »
>Shiki: ...
>Okay, just ignore Yukari.
>"Anyways, I need to conduct additional research into matters, and I figured that Voile Library was the best place to look. May I proceed in to the library?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2011, 11:39:24 PM »
>Shiki: ...
>Okay, just ignore Yukari.
>What is she up to...

>"Anyways, I need to conduct additional research into matters, and I figured that Voile Library was the best place to look. May I proceed in to the library?"
>Meiling replies "Yes, you can."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2011, 11:44:59 PM »
>Shiki: "Thank you."
>Enter, and head for the library.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2011, 02:20:24 AM »
>Shiki: "Thank you."
>"They're already letting you in, anyways."

>Enter, and head for the library.
>You enter and head for the library. At first the hallway is surprisingly devoid of fairies, but when you reach the library entrance you see a distant fairy sweeping.
>When you enter, you see Patchouli say "Ah, you've come back. Where are the others?" She doesn't even lift her eyes from the book she's reading to look at you.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2011, 03:12:06 AM »
>Shiki: "It's a long story, but basically, Yuyuko and Suika are underground, Reimu's at the Moriya shrine hopefully not fighting the goddesses, and Koishi is... not accompanying me at the moment."
>"The voice that's been speaking to me wants me to stop this 'overlay' that is happening. I think this in in Gensokyo's best interest, but it also is clearly to the voice's benefit, and I do not intend to aid it. So I want to know more about this 'overlay', because the fact is that I know next to nothing about such a thing. So far, this is the only place I've found mention of an overlay, so I thought I might be able to find more information here."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2011, 03:45:15 AM »
>Where is Utsuho? Still with Yuyuko, Suika, Yuugi, and Parsee?
>Fjords of the Styx: "Oh! Maribel, really? She does sound like a rather interesting girl. We just spoke with Orin about her. I think I'd like to meet her sometime! Do you know where she might be?"
>Density Dreamer: The hell's she planning?...

>Snapper Sunderer: "Job calls for it when this sort of crap happens."
>Hm. At least they didn't leap on that alternative too quickly.
>Consider for a moment, then sigh. "Yukari, you here? I don't suppose Shiki's changed her mind about letting me give Koishi what she's earned? And get some more detailed explanations from her, for that matter..."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2011, 04:29:32 AM »
>Shiki: "It's a long story, but basically, Yuyuko and Suika are underground, Reimu's at the Moriya shrine hopefully not fighting the goddesses, and Koishi is... not accompanying me at the moment."
>"Interesting. Why is that?"

>"The voice that's been speaking to me wants me to stop this 'overlay' that is happening. I think this in in Gensokyo's best interest, but it also is clearly to the voice's benefit, and I do not intend to aid it. So I want to know more about this 'overlay', because the fact is that I know next to nothing about such a thing. So far, this is the only place I've found mention of an overlay, so I thought I might be able to find more information here."
>"Ah, I see. Well, I've still got the book right here..." She pushes a book on her table towards you.
>"I don't remember saying I wanted the overlay stopped. I'm neutral about it."

>Where is Utsuho? Still with Yuyuko, Suika, Yuugi, and Parsee?
>Yes.

>Fjords of the Styx: "Oh! Maribel, really? She does sound like a rather interesting girl. We just spoke with Orin about her. I think I'd like to meet her sometime! Do you know where she might be?"
>"Probably on the surface. I don't know where."

>Density Dreamer: The hell's she planning?...
>What could Yuyuko be thinking...

>Snapper Sunderer: "Job calls for it when this sort of crap happens."
>Kanako says "At least you could try to calmly solve incidents..."
>Suwako sighs.

>Hm. At least they didn't leap on that alternative too quickly.
>Consider for a moment, then sigh. "Yukari, you here? I don't suppose Shiki's changed her mind about letting me give Koishi what she's earned? And get some more detailed explanations from her, for that matter..."
>"Shikieiki hasn't changed her mind on that. And Koishi is still angry about being talked to by Eiki. She's not likely to answer, and if she does she'll whine about a topic of her choice."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2011, 04:47:22 AM »
>Shiki: "Koishi is in something of a bad way at the moment. I think the best thing for her right now is to be alone with her thoughts. And Yukari, it occurs to me that Reimu may well want to go for Koishi again. I would ask that you do not tell her or send her to where Koishi is."
>"On to the matter of the overlay. The voice said that it would speak to us in person if we stopped the overlay and got Koishi to forgive Utsuho. However, attempting the latter led to substantial conflict within our group, and I can't help but wonder if that was the voice's intent. It may have been particularly interested in separating Koishi from the rest of us, as we originally sought her out to protect her from it. And she has left the group. I do, however, have Yukari keeping an eye on her, and we will act in her defense if she is threatened."
>"Anyways, I would expect that the voice also stands to benefit in some way from us stopping the overlay. Since, however, I know next to nothing about it, I cannot hope to guess what this might be. Which is why I'm here."
>Pick up the book.
>"The others should be joining me here once their respective businesses are taken care of. I'm hoping in particular that Suika arrives soon. She is how we found this book; perhaps she can help us find others now that we have a better idea of what we're looking for."
>Open the book and start scanning for any mention of overlays.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2011, 04:51:55 AM »
>Armpits: "Would a few spellcards change her mind?"
>If Yukari doubts it, mutter. "I swear, the next time I see her..."
>Glance over at the goddesses. "... or would she be able to jar your memories...? Yukari, where is she?"

>Phantasmal Plateau: "Ah, that should be a good start, at least. Thanks! There was also a Renko girl that was mentioned..."
>Gravity Grappler: "Oi, is this about that weird thing with Meiling and Sakuya?"
>Cairnyuyurms: "Oh yes, it is, Suika! Gensokyo Isle wasn't the only strange thing that came up there, was it?"
>Lolioni: Sip. Consider that.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2011, 08:07:21 PM »
>Shiki: "Koishi is in something of a bad way at the moment. I think the best thing for her right now is to be alone with her thoughts. And Yukari, it occurs to me that Reimu may well want to go for Koishi again. I would ask that you do not tell her or send her to where Koishi is."
>"I wouldn't have done so anyways."

>"On to the matter of the overlay. The voice said that it would speak to us in person if we stopped the overlay and got Koishi to forgive Utsuho. However, attempting the latter led to substantial conflict within our group, and I can't help but wonder if that was the voice's intent. It may have been particularly interested in separating Koishi from the rest of us, as we originally sought her out to protect her from it. And she has left the group. I do, however, have Yukari keeping an eye on her, and we will act in her defense if she is threatened."
>"Okay, now I remember. Kinda."

>"Anyways, I would expect that the voice also stands to benefit in some way from us stopping the overlay. Since, however, I know next to nothing about it, I cannot hope to guess what this might be. Which is why I'm here."
>"Ah, interesting."

>Pick up the book.
>You take the book.

>"The others should be joining me here once their respective businesses are taken care of. I'm hoping in particular that Suika arrives soon. She is how we found this book; perhaps she can help us find others now that we have a better idea of what we're looking for."
>Open the book and start scanning for any mention of overlays.
>You open the book and start scanning for mentions of overlays. You find the place where you found out about the overlay before, with the same slip of paper, but you don't see anything else as you flip through.

>Armpits: "Would a few spellcards change her mind?"
>"Of course not."

>If Yukari doubts it, mutter. "I swear, the next time I see her..."
>Glance over at the goddesses. "... or would she be able to jar your memories...? Yukari, where is she?"
>"Who, Shikieiki or Koishi?"

>Phantasmal Plateau: "Ah, that should be a good start, at least. Thanks! There was also a Renko girl that was mentioned..."
>Utsuho says "Renko? She's Maribel's friend."

>Gravity Grappler: "Oi, is this about that weird thing with Meiling and Sakuya?"
>Cairnyuyurms: "Oh yes, it is, Suika! Gensokyo Isle wasn't the only strange thing that came up there, was it?"
>Lolioni: Sip. Consider that.
>You think about the possibility that this is related to Meiling and Sakuya's strange actions. You dunno...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 11:17:17 PM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2011, 10:43:13 PM »
>Gila Gangster: "Koishi."
>Upon refusal, mutter some more. Bloody hell.
>Okay, fine. Who else would be able to jar their memories, or remember themse--oh, right.
>"Then where's Utsuho?"

>Wasatch Yuyuge: "Hm, I suppose that means they'd probably be together, then? Oh well, the search could be interesting, at least."
>Has there been any indication here of Koishi's interrogation being finished?

>Pettanko Promoter: Why's she so interested in them? Oh, whatever.
>Are we familiar with Parsee at all? If not, "So, what'dya you do, Parsee?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2011, 11:43:55 PM »
>Gila Gangster: "Koishi."
>"I don't know where she is."

>Upon refusal, mutter some more. Bloody hell.
>Dammit.

>Okay, fine. Who else would be able to jar their memories, or remember themse--oh, right.
>"Then where's Utsuho?"
>"Underground, with her girlfriend Parsee, her girlfriend's other girlfriend Yuugi, Yuyuko, and Suika.

>Wasatch Yuyuge: "Hm, I suppose that means they'd probably be together, then? Oh well, the search could be interesting, at least."
>Has there been any indication here of Koishi's interrogation being finished?
>No. Maybe you should ask Yukari.

>Pettanko Promoter: Why's she so interested in them? Oh, whatever.
>Are we familiar with Parsee at all? If not, "So, what'dya you do, Parsee?"
>You aren't familiar with Parsee at all.
>Parsee says "Do about what?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2011, 01:06:46 AM »
>Shiki: "Doesn't look like there's anything else in this book. I suppose I'll have to search the hard way until Suika gets here. I just hope it doesn't take too long."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2011, 01:12:16 AM »
>Shiki: "Doesn't look like there's anything else in this book. I suppose I'll have to search the hard way until Suika gets here. I just hope it doesn't take too long."
>Patchouli remarks "Oh, it will. Trust me."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2011, 01:14:27 AM »
>Shiki: "Actually, I was referring to Suika getting here. But I might as well look myself in the meantime. Any suggestions on where I should start?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2011, 01:40:38 AM »
>Amphibian Avatar: "Then would it be faster for us to take a gap or just go fly there?"
>Give the goddesses a pointed look. Yes, us.

>Chugach Yuyu: "Utsuho, have you... felt anything about showing Koishi, for lack of a better term? I wonder how it's going... Yukari dear, are you here?"

>Black Hole Bodiceripper: "Do for a livin' or whatever." Grin. "Or do Yuugi and the hell raven keep ya too busy?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2011, 01:46:44 AM »
>Shiki: "Actually, I was referring to Suika getting here. But I might as well look myself in the meantime. Any suggestions on where I should start?"
>"I'm afraid I don't have any."

>Amphibian Avatar: "Then would it be faster for us to take a gap or just go fly there?"
>"Gap."
>You see a gap open up slightly. You're going to have to wait before it opens up fully.

>Give the goddesses a pointed look. Yes, us.
>Kanako says "Oh dear...I'm not in the mood to see Utsuho, especially on a day when I just wanted to relax."
>Suwako audibly whispers to Kanako "Never say 'relax' around Reimu."

>Chugach Yuyu: "Utsuho, have you... felt anything about showing Koishi, for lack of a better term? I wonder how it's going... Yukari dear, are you here?"
>Utusho replies "Err...no?"
>Yukari says "Yes, I'm around."

>Black Hole Bodiceripper: "Do for a livin' or whatever." Grin. "Or do Yuugi and the hell raven keep ya too busy?"
>"Oh, I guard the bridge that connect the surface and the underground."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2011, 03:21:28 AM »
>Shiki: 'I see. Unfortunate."
>Pick a shelf at random and start looking.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #172 on: June 17, 2011, 03:32:20 AM »
>Frog Filletizer: Roll eyes. "A half-dozen people are hearing voices and going crazy, some other world is messing with the heads of people at the Mansion, and I'm DEFINITELY not satisfied with that explanation for what happened with Gensokyo Isle. Relaxation is in short supply today."
>Wait for the gap to finish. Once done, gesture for the others to enter. "You first." If they hesitate: "I insist."

>Bighorn Yuyus: "How is Koishi doing? It's tough to tell what she's seeing from here, and I think it would be good to know~"
>Pause. "Ah, and do you know where Maribel and Renko might be?"

>Gravitational Grog: "Heh, guess we've been givin' you the slip most of today, huh?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #173 on: June 17, 2011, 04:50:55 AM »
>Shiki: 'I see. Unfortunate."
>Pick a shelf at random and start looking.
>You float towards a shelf around East 2 or so and start perusing that shelf. Let's see...magic...gibberish...dolls...magic recipes...gibberish...more gibberish...

>Frog Filletizer: Roll eyes. "A half-dozen people are hearing voices and going crazy, some other world is messing with the heads of people at the Mansion, and I'm DEFINITELY not satisfied with that explanation for what happened with Gensokyo Isle. Relaxation is in short supply today."
>Kanako says "To be honest, I'm not satisfied with my explanation either." She sighs.

>Wait for the gap to finish. Once done, gesture for the others to enter. "You first." If they hesitate: "I insist."
>Kanako says "Fine, fine," and enters the gap. Suwako follows.

>Bighorn Yuyus: "How is Koishi doing? It's tough to tell what she's seeing from here, and I think it would be good to know~"
>"Shikieiki and Satori have already proved that Utsuho's motives were not selfish. The Yama departed for the Scarlet Devil Mansion's library, while Koishi and Satori went top the place where they were talking previously. The Yama believes Koishi needs to spend some time alone right now."

>Pause. "Ah, and do you know where Maribel and Renko might be?"
>"I'm afraid not."

>Gravitational Grog: "Heh, guess we've been givin' you the slip most of today, huh?"
>"Yeah, I suppose..."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 04:52:32 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #174 on: June 17, 2011, 05:24:16 AM »
>Shiki: Keep looking.
>Come to a sudden halt.
>Wait, we've been thinking about this the wrong way. We've been thinking about all of this the wrong way. All these obstacles keep showing up, and we've just been looking for ways around them. We should... and wait, it would hold for...
>The overlay can wait. This is more important.
>Return to Patchouli.
>"Patchouli, I just thought of something. Is it possible to channel one's energy into another and provide a boost to that other's abilities?"
>If she doesn't know of a way to do so: "What do you think, Yukari?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2011, 05:41:06 AM »
>Shiki: Keep looking.
>Come to a sudden halt.
>Wait, we've been thinking about this the wrong way. We've been thinking about all of this the wrong way. All these obstacles keep showing up, and we've just been looking for ways around them. We should... and wait, it would hold for...
>The overlay can wait. This is more important.
>Wait a minute. You just trucked an idea.

>Return to Patchouli.
>"Patchouli, I just thought of something. Is it possible to channel one's energy into another and provide a boost to that other's abilities?"
>"Yes. Why?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2011, 05:50:36 AM »
>Gluttony: "Ah, the Yama's already satisfied? Good, then. I hope that Koishi feels better soon."
>"Utsuho, is there anything else you'd like about this, or should we leave you three to yourselves?"

>Reptile Rheumatoid: Enter the gap as well.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2011, 03:08:59 PM »
>Shiki: "It just occurred to me that we've been handling this the wrong way, and I'm not referring to looking for information. There is a connection between myself and the voice, which it is using to do its work. Yuyuko was previously able to follow this connection, and I think we almost reached its source, but unfortunately, there is now something interfering with her ability to sense it. If she can be enabled to overpower this effect, she should be able to trace it again."
>"Yukari, let the others know that I need them here as soon as possible. If anyone-and I'm thinking specifically of Reimu-objects, tell them that I think I've found a way to locate the voice. And if Reimu still doesn't want to come, well, I suppose that's her choice to make."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #178 on: June 17, 2011, 07:44:20 PM »
>Shiki: "It just occurred to me that we've been handling this the wrong way, and I'm not referring to looking for information. There is a connection between myself and the voice, which it is using to do its work. Yuyuko was previously able to follow this connection, and I think we almost reached its source, but unfortunately, there is now something interfering with her ability to sense it. If she can be enabled to overpower this effect, she should be able to trace it again."
>"Not gonna work."

>"Yukari, let the others know that I need them here as soon as possible. If anyone-and I'm thinking specifically of Reimu-objects, tell them that I think I've found a way to locate the voice. And if Reimu still doesn't want to come, well, I suppose that's her choice to make."

>Gluttony: "Ah, the Yama's already satisfied? Good, then. I hope that Koishi feels better soon."
>"Utsuho, is there anything else you'd like about this, or should we leave you three to yourselves?"
>"I think you should leave us to ourselves."
>You hear Yukari whisper in your ear "The Yama wants you to come to Scarlet Devil Mansion's library as soon as possible. She's thought of a way to track down the voice."

>Reptile Rheumatoid: Enter the gap as well.
>You enter the gap.
>You find yourself at a street in the Ancient City. Several oni are looking at you, but many more are just walking around, minding their own business.
>You hear Yukari whisper in your ear "The Yama wants you to come to Scarlet Devil Mansion's library as soon as possible. She's thought of a way to track down the voice."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2011, 12:07:37 AM »
>Crocodile Comrade: "Yeah, yeah, once I'm done with this." Mutter.
>Wait, where did the goddesses go? They're right around here, aren't they? They'd BETTER be...
>Any sign of where Utsuho might be relative to our current location?

>Kiglayuyuait: "Very well then. Have a nice day, girls~" Give the three some space.
>To Yukari, "Oh, another strategy? I hope that will work, then. I'd like to look into that other world that poor Meiling and Sakuya are dealing with, but I suppose it can't be helped."
>"Oh, and should Suika come along?"
>"And don't worry yourself about giving us a gap, Yukari dear. We'll make our own way. Relax a little!"