Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 172172 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2011, 01:47:00 AM »
Ignore what Guy said

>Cortex Crusher: "Oh, communities of people who can't even be together for the weight of each other's thoughts. Societies of recluses that have to hide their very existence from a world that would fear and despise them. What heaven. Are you really arguing that is preferable to freedom, sister? Are you saying you would rather have that to the paradise we had before?"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2011, 02:04:10 AM »
Um, it's kind of past the point where that's much of an option. Koishi's already responded to Shiki, so you can't really just pretend that she's not there at this point.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2011, 02:20:08 AM »
Yeah. Koishi has no reason to respond to the Yama at all; she declared this very plainly. She has no interest in reconciling with Utsuho, as she cannot forgive her for what she did.  She isn't going to be interested in this or in dealing with someone she regards as just treating her like a grunt who follows orders by this point. As such, she'll pretty much ignore the Yama entirely.

But your right, I did forget to put in that bit.

>Stop paying any mind to the Yama at this point.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2011, 02:27:00 AM »
>"Do you think I want to associate with you anymore?"

Koishi has already responded. And you really seem to be pulling a lot of this out of nowhere, and it's not at all helpful; it almost feels like you're deliberately sabotaging things.

>Do not ignore what I had Shiki say (or the commands for Yuyuko and Suika), but do use Purvis's commands for Koishi in place of mine.
>Shiki: Damn, she isn't leaving us any choice. We really didn't want to do this, but this is too important. We have to break Koishi out of this 'everyone else is evil' mode she seems determined to get herself stuck in. We can do pennance afterwards.
>Approach Koishi and punch her in the face.
>"You cut this bullshit out right the hell now!"
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:29:51 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2011, 02:30:20 AM »
>Koishi: Can we read this intention? If so, move away from and laugh. "Are you sure you should be doing that, Yama?"
>If not, well, chance are we aren't used to reading people physically, so probably it'll catch us pretty off guard.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2011, 02:33:46 AM »
She can probably get underlying feelings (which here would be determination, not hostility; Shiki's doing this because something has to be done and nothing else is working), but no, I don't think she can actually tell what Shiki's going to do. Satori might be able to, though, so:

>Shiki: Avoid Satori if necessary.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2011, 02:58:28 AM »
Oh hey, fanshitting! Also Shiki acting wildly out of character. When does a Yama ever lose their cool?

>Graian Yuyups: What do the three lovebirds seem to be doing?
>Koni: What's oni etiquette for this sort of situation? Butting in on lovers or whatever else?

>Testudines Transistor: "The hell's a jet, and why did that require you to mess with all of Gensokyo to do that?"
>"And I want more detail about what happened and how. That doesn't sound like something you could pull off so easily - even with Koishi. What are you not telling me?"
>Keep an eye on Suwako. Why isn't she talking?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2011, 03:04:56 AM »
Shiki's not losing her cool; it's a deliberate action.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2011, 03:35:10 AM »
That's actually worse and very out of character. I won't change it, but be aware it will screw things up pretty badly in ways that should be obvious if you've paid much attention to the story.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2011, 03:57:05 AM »
I don't think it's out of character, but whatever.

And really, Purvis? You're worried that I'm going to screw things up? I guess that's your job, isn't it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2011, 04:00:33 AM »
I'll thank you not to make personal comments, first of all. If you cannot be civil, please do not post at all.

As for in character, I'm not sure how Eiki coldcocking people for not agreeing with her is in character. However, it does play right into the voice's hands of not really believing in what she says that she does.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2011, 04:12:31 AM »
Right. Um, I guess this needs to be settled, then, because ever since the matter of the Gensokyo Isle incident came up, I've felt like I've been playing against you, and I'm pretty sure that's not how this is supposed to work. There's also the fact that you seem to think only you are allowed to do anything with Koishi, given that you say to cancel almost everything I have her say or do. I don't care if this is taking your quests as canon; this Koishi is not the same one that's in your quests, and you do not have sole right to determine her character. Anyone is allowed input. This Koishi is not going to be the same as the one in your quests, and I'm sorry, but that's just something you're going to have to deal with. Telling me you think something is out of character is just fine; canceling something I say only because you want to do it differently is not. If there's a real dispute, like when I first wanted to have Shiki speak with the voice, we discuss it and come to an agreement, as we did then.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2011, 04:30:33 AM »
You're ignoring what I said about that: Koishi's motivations, and her reactions to such, would have to be the same. Otherwise, she would not have done it. And, you pretty flagrantly ignore those, which is why I find it necessary to redact your actions with her. As for playing "against" me, do remember that Mus and I were playing this long before you came in, so really it's more like you're working against what we setup. I remember Kilga making a comment in Iku Quest to the tune of "if you're not following her character, you're not playing Iku Quest, you're playing lightning-powered OC Quest" It's largely the same here. You're not really keeping in mind Koishi's motivations or character when you post for her, and you are doing the same with Shiki now, again. But, this one I'll let go through, but you understand that having her flagrantly break her morals and attacking someone physically, who has done no physical harm, without any real announcement is just going to play against her in regards to the voice. As well, she's probably smart enough to know how Koishi could use that against her, so I'm not certain why it's a good idea at all?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2011, 04:43:45 AM »
Because what's happening now, which is largely due to what you've done with Koishi, doesn't leave many other options. And I think Shiki would be willing to commit at least a more minor sin if she thought it was a necessary action in order to do good (obviously, our interpretations of Shiki's character differ).

Also, you might want to take a look at Sanae's character in Parsee Quest compared to how she's being played in Sanae Quest. There's something of a difference there, and it's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Anyways, whatever. If you want to keep playing Koishi as you have been, then I'll just stick to Shiki.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2011, 05:12:26 AM »
>Cortex Crusher: "Oh, communities of people who can't even be together for the weight of each other's thoughts. Societies of recluses that have to hide their very existence from a world that would fear and despise them. What heaven. Are you really arguing that is preferable to freedom, sister? Are you saying you would rather have that to the paradise we had before?"
>"Admittedly, I wasn't thinking that hard when I mentioned those. Anyways, has it ever occurred to you to go out and make friends instead of being too scared to open up because of your fear of being feared and hated?"

>Stop paying any mind to the Yama at this point.
>Apologies for forgetting that Koishi does not want to talk to Eiki on my previous posts.

>Shiki: Damn, she isn't leaving us any choice. We really didn't want to do this, but this is too important. We have to break Koishi out of this 'everyone else is evil' mode she seems determined to get herself stuck in. We can do penance afterwards.
>Approach Koishi and punch her in the face.
>You punch Koishi in the face to make her get a hold of herself, man.

>If not, well, chance are we aren't used to reading people physically, so probably it'll catch us pretty off guard.
>You are caught off guard.

>"You cut this bullshit out right the hell now!"
>Koishi looks visibly shocked and...amused? Satori looks incredibly surprised, but then changes to a serious look and says "Do what you need to do."

>Yuyuko/Suika: Head over to Yuugi's table.
>Suika: "Hey, Yuugi!"
>"Oh? Huh, it's Suika. What're you doin' in the Underground again?"
>The hell raven asks "Who's this?"
>"Oh, it's just Suika Ibuki, a fellow Deva of the Mountain and...who are you?"

>Graian Yuyups: What do the three lovebirds seem to be doing?
>They seem to be drinking, really. Except the hell raven. Yuugi has already downed several cups of sake.

>Koni: What's oni etiquette for this sort of situation? Butting in on lovers or whatever else?
>Oni tend to be lax on a lot of things. This is included. However, you don't want to be around when they get rather...intimate.

>Testudines Transistor: "The hell's a jet, and why did that require you to mess with all of Gensokyo to do that?"
>"A jet is a type of vehicle used to fly around in the air. Yes, Sanae already knows how to fly, but she wanted the special feeling when they pilot a jet. Unfortunately, those only exist in the Outside World."
>Suwako says "I'm pretty sure that's the only reason. You're gonna start attacking us again, aren't you...?"

>"And I want more detail about what happened and how. That doesn't sound like something you could pull off so easily - even with Koishi. What are you not telling me?"
>"Trust me, that wasn't easy at all."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2011, 05:42:29 AM »
>Yuyuko: "Yuyuko Saigyouji. Nice to meet you."
>Let Suika and Yuugi talk. Approach the hell raven.
>"Hey, are you Utsuho?"
>"Okay, I think this is kind of urgent, so I'll get straight to the point. Satori and the Yama are trying to convince Koishi that you're not a traitor, but I guess it's not going well. Shiki wants to take them into your head-Yukari can do that, you know-in order to proove that Koishi's wrong, but she wants your permission first."
>"Also, I don't think you have to worry about koishi messing with your mind, not with both the Yama and Satori there."

>Shiki: "I will not tolerate this! We're trying to help you, but if you're determined not to let us, then I'm just wasting my time. So here's what's going to happen. We're goint to enter Utsuho's mind whether you like it or not, and we're going to find out for certain what her motivations were. And then you can make a choice. I think you should remain with me, but if you're so determined to hate me, then feel free to go your own way. But know this: if you end up alone, it will be your fault. You are pushing me away, pushing Utsuho away, pushing even your own sister away. You may be blaming us for it, but it is your own doing."
>We won't just leave her completely isolated, though; she may still be important. We can have Yukari watch her.
>"Yukari, do we have permission from Utsuho?"

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2011, 06:06:21 AM »
Guy, it's also worth noting that nearly from the start it's been heavily implied that this is effectively the same world as Purvis' quests, aside from the influences of the 'voice' that got the whole mess started...

>Tsurupettan Troubadour: "Jus' tagging along, mostly. Want a refill?" Brandish gourd.

>Genji Grappler: "Okay, and so rather than trying to recreate that in Gensokyo, you decide to bring down the entire border, rewrite everyone's memories, and avoid explaining how. I should really be giving Shiki a break, but you two are still seriously trying my patience."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2011, 02:01:06 PM »
>Pituitary Punisher: Laugh. Laugh like she told a wonderful joke while picking self up.
>"You don't give a single damn about me, Yama. Who are you trying to fool? If you cared about me, you wouldn't have forced this without my desires. If you cared about me, you wouldn't have assumed I'm wrong just because I bucked your precious status quo. If you cared about me, you would have respected my desire for privacy. If you cared at all about me, you would have left this alone rather tearing open my wounds yet again! But instead, because you can't deny the correctness of my cause, you assault me. I suppose I should give you some credit for doing so in front of everyone rather than trying to hide it from everyone."
>Derisive snort.
>"You don't care one whit for me, and barely care about anyone. You wonder how that voice could have possibly defeated you? Stop and look at what a horrible person you are! Look at how you treat us! I'm 'supposed' to forgive Utsuho for cursing me and my people again, and you don't care how I actually feel about it. Yukari's supposed to make portals, and who cares what it might be doing for her. Reimu's there to intimidate people and give your little war an aura of legitimacy, and who cares what she actually wants when she goes to deal with the Moriya shrine? Look at you, Yama. Look at what you've fallen to. And you can't figure out how the voice separated you from your ideals? You never believed in them in the first place! The moment they're tested, look what you become. I only hope your replacement is more genuine in her ideals than you. You're not a Yama, you're just a hypocrite. Do everyone a favor: fade into the background and bother them no more. You'll never stand against that voice, it knows you too well."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2011, 03:17:46 PM »
>Shiki: "I have held the title of Yama for over two thousand years. This is hardly the first time I have been accused of hypocrisy. And this is also not the first time that I have seen someone revert to the level of a child. You're not mad at me because you truly think I'm a hypocrite; you're mad because I'm saying you're wrong. You claim I don't care simply because I've taken a position contrary to yours. Well, consider this: I first sought you out because the voice said it intended to harm you. And even now, even when you are determined to push everyone else away, I do not intend to just leave you for it-I will be asking Yukari to keep watch and alert me if you are in danger."
>"That being said, I did indeed make a mistake. The voice wanted you to forgive Utsuho, and attempting to move in that direction led to this point. I did not see how you forgiving Utsuho could serve its ends; now I do. It has driven you apart from us. I can only assume that this was the voice's intent, and I fell for it."
>"The voice also wants the overlay stopped, and the problem is that stopping it is likely in Gensokyo's best interest, but doing so obviously serves the voice's ends in some way. I do intend to investigate further into the overlay, but with a different objective in mind. I want to know why the voice wants it stopped. That is what I intend to look into once we're done here."
>If Utsuho has agreed: "Open the gap, please, Yukari."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2011, 04:19:23 PM »
>Cortex Copper: "You use me and others around you, you betray you own ideals, you attack me because you can't refute me, and I'm the child. Typical. And you even frame this whole issue in terms of yourself against the voice. Again, my own desires, nor anyone else's, mean nothing to you except for what they would gain you. And it's cute that you call me wrong from your position of privilege, how easy it is for you to pass judgment on me when you can ignore the curse that we have to live under. You're a bigger fool than Utsuho was; at least she has the excuse of not being particularly educated in these kinds of things. So I'm wrong? Prove it! Refute what I've said with your words rather than tantrums, manipulation, and violence!
>Shake head.
> "It seems you've never actually had to live by the ideas you act like you represent, given how quickly you betrayed them. If you've been a yama for two thousand years, then it just shows the heavens have been seriously flawed for at least two thousand years. Then again, I've known the heavens were flawed my whole life, I was born a satori."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2011, 06:07:26 PM »
>Shiki: "I intend to prove it, but I don't think it is possible to do so to your satisfaction. What you are asking for will take a fair amount of time, but I expect that you will not be satisfied with anything less than an immediate proof, which, unfortunately, there is no way to give. And in the end, what others think of my motives isn't the most important thing, for I know why I do what I do, and it is not for my own benefit. Some people need others to agree with them-you seem to be leaning in that direction-but I am content with knowing that I'm doing the right thing. Also, I might mention that I did not attack you out of malice. I attacked you because you were intent on ignoring me, so I needed to do something you could not ignore. It was solely to get your attention, and I regret its necessity."
>"All that being said, there is one thing I can prove to you right now, and that is why we are going to enter Utsuho's mind. And then, as i said, I will leave you be if that is what you desire. You have my word on that, and if you won't accept my word, I'm sure your sister can confirm my honesty."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 06:09:15 PM by GuyYouMetOnline »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2011, 06:28:29 PM »
>Id Inundator: "Oh how convenient!"
>Adopt a mocking approximation of Eiki's tone.
>"I don't have to explain anything I do because I automatically know I'm right and your wrong and I don't care what you think~ What's that? Inconsistency? Hypocrisy? No, those happen to other people, I'm perfect so I don't have to justify anything ever~ Wait why can't I overcome this voice that's made me ask questions?"
>Normal tones again.
>"Pathetic. Keep running away, little Eiki, and wonder all the while why you can't win. Frankly, I hope that voice does destroy you. I would then hope you'd be reborn as a satori, but it's pretty obvious you don't have the karma even for that. Just disappear, and bother the rest of the world no more. All that privilege is done is rot your brain."
>"And don't waste others' time with Utsuho. I was there. She knew full well what she was doing to us, and she didn't care."
>Look to the others. "Listen to what she's said, and pay attention to what she's done. She's not treating you any differently. Get away from her before she turns on you, too."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2011, 06:32:05 PM »
>Yuyuko: "Yuyuko Saigyouji. Nice to meet you."
>"Yuugi Hoshiguma. Nice to meet you."

>Let Suika and Yuugi talk. Approach the hell raven.
>You approach the hell raven.

>"Hey, are you Utsuho?"
>"Yes. So?"

>"Okay, I think this is kind of urgent, so I'll get straight to the point. Satori and the Yama are trying to convince Koishi that you're not a traitor, but I guess it's not going well. Shiki wants to take them into your head-Yukari can do that, you know-in order to prove that Koishi's wrong, but she wants your permission first."
>"Also, I don't think you have to worry about Koishi messing with your mind, not with both the Yama and Satori there."
>She grows more and more surprised as you explain the situation. "What?! Wait, who's Yukari?"

>Tsurupettan Troubadour: "Jus' tagging along, mostly. Want a refill?" Brandish gourd.
>"Sure."

>Genji Grappler: "Okay, and so rather than trying to recreate that in Gensokyo, you decide to bring down the entire border, rewrite everyone's memories, and avoid explaining how. I should really be giving Shiki a break, but you two are still seriously trying my patience."
>Suwako says "We know that you're being seriously annoyed. Unfortunately, that's as much explanation as we can give you."

>Shiki: "I will not tolerate this! We're trying to help you, but if you're determined not to let us, then I'm just wasting my time. So here's what's going to happen. We're going to enter Utsuho's mind whether you like it or not, and we're going to find out for certain what her motivations were. And then you can make a choice. I think you should remain with me, but if you're so determined to hate me, then feel free to go your own way. But know this: if you end up alone, it will be your fault. You are pushing me away, pushing Utsuho away, pushing even your own sister away. You may be blaming us for it, but it is your own doing."
>We won't just leave her completely isolated, though; she may still be important. We can have Yukari watch her.
>"Yukari, do we have permission from Utsuho?"
>"Not yet. Utsuho's still reacting to the news Yuyuko told her."

>Pituitary Punisher: Laugh. Laugh like she told a wonderful joke while picking self up.
>"You don't give a single damn about me, Yama. Who are you trying to fool? If you cared about me, you wouldn't have forced this without my desires. If you cared about me, you wouldn't have assumed I'm wrong just because I bucked your precious status quo. If you cared about me, you would have respected my desire for privacy. If you cared at all about me, you would have left this alone rather tearing open my wounds yet again! But instead, because you can't deny the correctness of my cause, you assault me. I suppose I should give you some credit for doing so in front of everyone rather than trying to hide it from everyone."
>Derisive snort.
>"You don't care one whit for me, and barely care about anyone. You wonder how that voice could have possibly defeated you? Stop and look at what a horrible person you are! Look at how you treat us! I'm 'supposed' to forgive Utsuho for cursing me and my people again, and you don't care how I actually feel about it. Yukari's supposed to make portals, and who cares what it might be doing for her. Reimu's there to intimidate people and give your little war an aura of legitimacy, and who cares what she actually wants when she goes to deal with the Moriya shrine? Look at you, Yama. Look at what you've fallen to. And you can't figure out how the voice separated you from your ideals? You never believed in them in the first place! The moment they're tested, look what you become. I only hope your replacement is more genuine in her ideals than you. You're not a Yama, you're just a hypocrite. Do everyone a favor: fade into the background and bother them no more. You'll never stand against that voice, it knows you too well."
>Shiki: "I have held the title of Yama for over two thousand years. This is hardly the first time I have been accused of hypocrisy. And this is also not the first time that I have seen someone revert to the level of a child. You're not mad at me because you truly think I'm a hypocrite; you're mad because I'm saying you're wrong. You claim I don't care simply because I've taken a position contrary to yours. Well, consider this: I first sought you out because the voice said it intended to harm you. And even now, even when you are determined to push everyone else away, I do not intend to just leave you for it-I will be asking Yukari to keep watch and alert me if you are in danger."
>"That being said, I did indeed make a mistake. The voice wanted you to forgive Utsuho, and attempting to move in that direction led to this point. I did not see how you forgiving Utsuho could serve its ends; now I do. It has driven you apart from us. I can only assume that this was the voice's intent, and I fell for it."
>"The voice also wants the overlay stopped, and the problem is that stopping it is likely in Gensokyo's best interest, but doing so obviously serves the voice's ends in some way. I do intend to investigate further into the overlay, but with a different objective in mind. I want to know why the voice wants it stopped. That is what I intend to look into once we're done here."
>Cortex Copper: "You use me and others around you, you betray you own ideals, you attack me because you can't refute me, and I'm the child. Typical. And you even frame this whole issue in terms of yourself against the voice. Again, my own desires, nor anyone else's, mean nothing to you except for what they would gain you. And it's cute that you call me wrong from your position of privilege, how easy it is for you to pass judgment on me when you can ignore the curse that we have to live under. You're a bigger fool than Utsuho was; at least she has the excuse of not being particularly educated in these kinds of things. So I'm wrong? Prove it! Refute what I've said with your words rather than tantrums, manipulation, and violence!
>Shake head.
> "It seems you've never actually had to live by the ideas you act like you represent, given how quickly you betrayed them. If you've been a yama for two thousand years, then it just shows the heavens have been seriously flawed for at least two thousand years. Then again, I've known the heavens were flawed my whole life, I was born a satori."
>Shiki: "I intend to prove it, but I don't think it is possible to do so to your satisfaction. What you are asking for will take a fair amount of time, but I expect that you will not be satisfied with anything less than an immediate proof, which, unfortunately, there is no way to give. And in the end, what others think of my motives isn't the most important thing, for I know why I do what I do, and it is not for my own benefit. Some people need others to agree with them-you seem to be leaning in that direction-but I am content with knowing that I'm doing the right thing. Also, I might mention that I did not attack you out of malice. I attacked you because you were intent on ignoring me, so I needed to do something you could not ignore. It was solely to get your attention, and I regret its necessity."
>"All that being said, there is one thing I can prove to you right now, and that is why we are going to enter Utsuho's mind. And then, as i said, I will leave you be if that is what you desire. You have my word on that, and if you won't accept my word, I'm sure your sister can confirm my honesty."
>Id Inundator: "Oh how convenient!"
>Adopt a mocking approximation of Eiki's tone.
>"I don't have to explain anything I do because I automatically know I'm right and you're wrong and I don't care what you think~ What's that? Inconsistency? Hypocrisy? No, those happen to other people, I'm perfect so I don't have to justify anything ever~ Wait why can't I overcome this voice that's made me ask questions?"
>Normal tones again.
>"Pathetic. Keep running away, little Eiki, and wonder all the while why you can't win. Frankly, I hope that voice does destroy you. I would then hope you'd be reborn as a satori, but it's pretty obvious you don't have the karma even for that. Just disappear, and bother the rest of the world no more. All that privilege is done is rot your brain."
>"And don't waste others' time with Utsuho. I was there. She knew full well what she was doing to us, and she didn't care."
>Look to the others. "Listen to what she's said, and pay attention to what she's done. She's not treating you any differently. Get away from her before she turns on you, too."
>Satori says "I believe I'll have to handle this. She might not listen to you, but she might listen to her own sister."
>"Oh, so you're accusing the Yama of being selfish, hypocrite? You keep claiming that she serves no one but herself, but you've failed to look even at yourself. You use others around you and you use me as an excuse, you ignore other people's desires, you mock the Yama while not realizing you have shortcomings, and you exaggerate the effects of your supposed 'curse.' Since when did you ever care about the gods you helped out? They were just pawns in your plan to change Gensokyo Isle. And so am I. You were just using me as an excuse to go through with Gensokyo Isle. You wanted to get rid of your own status as a satori, so you attempted to justify it. And what would everybody else think about your desires? They wouldn't want to lose their very own memories and lives! Do you even know how Utsuho felt when she realize that Gensokyo Isle was not as it seemed? She was terrified. Absolutely terrified. She thought she was losing her mind! She felt she was going insane! It was as if she was a stranger on another planet! And you dare to say that you're the only one with problems here? Of course, you wouldn't care anyways. You don't give a damn or a shit about anyone else, you selfish brat. You couldn't possibly care about what happens to others, as long as you got rid of your own pain! Also, you've said that the Yama believes she's right and your wrong and that you can't possibly be right- well, you believe you're right and she's wrong and that she can't possibly be right. You claim that the Yama is a hypocrite while you're a hypocrite yourself! And you're too scared to actually resist the curse, go out, and befriend people. You think people's hearts are too weak to look past being a satori. Well, people are emotionally stronger than you think. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!"
>Satori breathes heavily.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2011, 06:41:45 PM »
>Yuyuko: "Oh, you don't know who Yukari is? Um, well, she's a youkai with power over boundries, and she's helping us out. And right now, that means proving to Koishi that you're not a traitor. To do that, we're going to show her your memories of the Gensokyo Isle incident. Will you allow us to do so?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2011, 06:45:36 PM »
>Yuyuko: "Oh, you don't know who Yukari is? Um, well, she's a youkai with power over boundraies, and she's helping us out. And right now, that means proving to Koishi that you're not a traitor. To do that, we're going to show her your memories of the Gensokyo Isle incident. Will you allow us to do so?"
>"Err...yes. I don't want Koishi to condemn me anymore."
>The blonde girl with the strange dress says "What're you talking about?"
>Utsuho responds "Something important about Koishi."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2011, 07:01:05 PM »
>Yuyuko: "Thank you. Yukari, let Shiki know."

>Shiki: Once Yukari confirms that Utsuho has given permission: "Excellent. Open the gap, please."
>"Also, you might want to tell Yuyuko to let Utsuho know that this is just one step in what's likely to be a long process, so she shouldn't expect immediate results."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2011, 07:22:44 PM »
>Id Extractor: "You're trying to convince yourself, sister. You say these things, then look how you live. Look how we all live. Look at the things you can't allow yourself to do. There's no pride in being struck with our curse. Just hate, fear, and pity. That's our lot."
>Shake head.
>"And no, sister, you're wrong about her and I. She uses people to have herself returned to power. She's just trying to restore normalcy. I, on the other hand, tried to heal things. I saved us from our curse, I gave people things they desired, all the tools they needed to be happy. And they were, Satori. Without any further impetus from me or anyone. As for Utsuho...I've looked into that little incident, and you may wish to direct your displeasure about that to the gods. It was nothing intrinsic to the island that did that to her. And yes, I do care. if I didn't care, would I waste my time trying to help you see the reality of the situation despite the yama's manipulations? Would I be here at all? Would I have bothered to justify myself to anyone, as she claims to be exempt from? No. Don't confuse me with her. I tried to uplift, she serves only herself."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2011, 08:16:13 PM »
>Yuyuko: "Thank you. Yukari, let Shiki know."
>"Right."
>As Eiki, you hear Yukari whisper in your ear "Utsuho has given permission."

>Shiki: Once Yukari confirms that Utsuho has given permission: "Excellent. Open the gap, please."
>"Understood."
>She opens the gap while you wait for Koishi to react to Satori's angry spiel.

>"Also, you might want to tell Yuyuko to let Utsuho know that this is just one step in what's likely to be a long process, so she shouldn't expect immediate results."
>As Yuyuko, you hear Yukari whisper "You should tell Utsuho that this is just a part of the long process that is getting Koishi to forgive her."

>Id Extractor: "You're trying to convince yourself, sister. You say these things, then look how you live. Look how we all live. Look at the things you can't allow yourself to do. There's no pride in being struck with our curse. Just hate, fear, and pity. That's our lot."
>Shake head.
>"And no, sister, you're wrong about her and I. She uses people to have herself returned to power. She's just trying to restore normalcy. I, on the other hand, tried to heal things. I saved us from our curse, I gave people things they desired, all the tools they needed to be happy. And they were, Satori. Without any further impetus from me or anyone. As for Utsuho...I've looked into that little incident, and you may wish to direct your displeasure about that to the gods. It was nothing intrinsic to the island that did that to her. And yes, I do care. if I didn't care, would I waste my time trying to help you see the reality of the situation despite the yama's manipulations? Would I be here at all? Would I have bothered to justify myself to anyone, as she claims to be exempt from? No. Don't confuse me with her. I tried to uplift, she serves only herself."
>"There might be no pride that comes with being a satori, but it's a fact of life you'll have to live with, and trying to close your third eye or make a new world to get rid of it is just running away. You use and manipulate people to get rid of your curse. You say you gave people things they desired, but you're either probably lying through your teeth or gave them what they wanted to justify yourself rather than out of any actual caring for them. And do you realize that as long as the Yama can't do her job, the souls she judges are destined to remain forever in front of the Sanzu River without progressing through the afterlife and the cycles of reincarnation? Not to mention that the flow of souls was interrupted by the creation of Gensokyo Isle in the first place. But you couldn't possibly care about them. Okuu's reaction to finding out the world was wrong might not have been intrinsic to the island, but the fact remains that it wouldn't have happened if things were left the way they are. The pain she felt is just as bad as how you feel about the curse, but you say that your problems matter more because of your selfishness. You aren't as different from the morally degenerate Yama you say she is as you think you are."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2011, 08:36:59 PM »
>Superego Stabber: "No pride, no community, no respect. The things we have denied to us by what we are can fill as many lists as you like. And why should I live with it, sister? Why should I be content to be doomed to such a thing? Who said we should have to endure it, and what makes it right that we do, sister? The answer is nothing. And you don't see the contradiction in what you just said? You say I tried to help because I didn't care? If I didn't care, I wouldn't have done anything for them at all, or anything for you. You're trying to demonize me, sister, because you don't want to believe what Utsuho did to us was wrong. You would turn your back on me to keep your faith in her. Is this really want you want?
>Shake head.
>"I don't think you would be able to forgive yourself if you did."
>"As for the afterlife, it's been around before there was a Gensokyo, and it'll be there after Gensokyo. It's not so immutable that it can't adapt to those kinds of changes. As for this fake Yama, she herself said she's head the role for two thousand years. There's been more years than that. She can be replaced, and I can only hope she is. And, why are you blaming me for what happened to Utsuho, when I didn't do it to begin with? Blame the person who actually did it; it was her decision, not mine."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2011, 09:30:17 PM »
>Superego Stabber: "No pride, no community, no respect. The things we have denied to us by what we are can fill as many lists as you like. And why should I live with it, sister? Why should I be content to be doomed to such a thing? Who said we should have to endure it, and what makes it right that we do, sister? The answer is nothing. And you don't see the contradiction in what you just said? You say I tried to help because I didn't care? If I didn't care, I wouldn't have done anything for them at all, or anything for you. You're trying to demonize me, sister, because you don't want to believe what Utsuho did to us was wrong. You would turn your back on me to keep your faith in her. Is this really want you want?
>Shake head.
>"I don't think you would be able to forgive yourself if you did."
>"I never said you helped because you didn't care. You helped in spite of not caring. You just wanted to worm your way out of your own situation."
>Satori shakes her own head.
>"Unfortunately, it's not Okuu who has the serious emotional problems. It's you."

>"As for the afterlife, it's been around before there was a Gensokyo, and it'll be there after Gensokyo. It's not so immutable that it can't adapt to those kinds of changes. As for this fake Yama, she herself said she's head the role for two thousand years. There's been more years than that. She can be replaced, and I can only hope she is. And, why are you blaming me for what happened to Utsuho, when I didn't do it to begin with? Blame the person who actually did it; it was her decision, not mine."
>"I'm afraid that even if she is replaced, that voice will attack the replacement and they'll still fall short of your standards. And I never blamed you for Utsuho. I do want you to acknowledge that people other than you have problems as well."