Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 172139 times)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」

>You are Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, and it's been an awful past week.
>Lately you've been having these strange nightmares that consist of what is basically a multi-part The Reason You Suck Speech and Hannibal Lecture delivered by a mysterious, shadowy figure that looked like an Eldritch Abomination. Because of those nightmares, you've been doubting yourself, your position as the Yama, and how moral you really are. You haven't lectured anyone for the past week, which shows just how effective these nightmares are.
>And that's not the only problem. After the first nightmare, you woke up to find your Cleansed Crystal Mirror broken into little pieces. You don't even know if those can be normally destroyed. The day after that, your Rod of Remorse (see above link) was found destroyed as well. And the day after that, your ability to see deeds in black and white stopped working normally, only seeing shades of grey (figuratively). All of this came with a gradual reducing of your power. You're probably only as strong as Yukari Yakumo right about now, and it has no signs of stopping.
>You've been unable to carry out your job for the past week, so you've been hanging out with Komachi. That didn't help you relax at all.
>You have wandered around Gensokyo today, seeking answers to your problems. You have got Reimu to assist you with this. You have went over to Hakugyokurou, witnessed Youmu leaving Yuyuko, and Yuyuko joining your party. You have found out from Reisen about two rival fairy armies who are about to battle at the Scarlet Devil Mansion. You have went over to the SDM, and found out about Sakuya's forced compulsion to stab Meiling and found out about Sakuya's minor complaints about her master. (Say, you should go back to her to hear if Ichirin Kumoi knew anything about the fairy armies.) You have visited Eientei and talked to Eirin about your nightmares, and heard the voice in your head who you suppose is behind all this that it's ggoing to do something horrible to Koishi. After that, you visited Yukari. You told her about your nightmares, and have also found out about Ran's dislike of her master. Yukari then gapped you over to the Palace of the Earth Spirits, where you talked a bit with Satori about Koishi your affliction, but gained little from visiting there. After getting back aboveground, you visited Kanako to find out Koishi's whereabouts, and found that she was in the supposedly non-notable eastern western forests of Gensokyo. Over there, you found a field where several fairies were gathered, presumably one of the fairy armies Reisen talked about, "preparing" to invade the SDM. Yeah, this paragraph sounds like boring monotone with all of those periods, but it's certainly better than annoying exclamation marks.
>After that, you headed over to Eientei, where you found out that Reisen was clean of all influences and one of the moon princesses, Watatsuki no Yorihime, has also been afflicted by nightmares. You were then tested by Eirin the same way she tested Reisen, and you came up clean. You then visited Tenshi's bar in the Human Village, where Reimu talked a bit with Tenshi about Koishi. You then visited Rikako, where you attempted to lecture Reimu about her aggressiveness, then found out Rikako created two interesting devices; one that detects unusual gaps, and another that can look into alternate dimensions. The latter is still a work in progress, though. Rikako detected some unusual gaps in the SDM, so you go there to find that there are unusual gaps that are causing Sakuya and Meiling's changed behavior, as well as a huge gap in the SDM library. They all lead to another world, from which the inhabitants's perceptions of Sakuya and Meiling affect their minds. The people from that world seem to experience Gensokyo as a fictional place. After investigating those gaps with Rikako, you find yourself at the entrance of the SDM, where Yukari discloses that Koishi and the goddesses of Youkai Mountain created Gensokyo Isle. Yukari gaps Koishi and you bring Satori to counsel her, but you leave to the Moriya Shrine after Koishi requests privacy. Your party splits up at this time.
>As Eiki, you are currently in front of the Moriya Shrine.
>As Reimu, you are heading over to the Moriya Shrine to beat them up for creating Gensokyo Isle.
>As Yuyuko and Suika, you are in the central square of the Ancient City.
>As Koishi, you are in Yukari's gap void, trying to convince your sister Satori that Eiki and her allies are against you and her.

>Note: Your actual name is Eiki Shiki (western order). Yamaxanadu is just a title.
>Any inconsistencies noted by the players will be fixed by the parser. This is my interpretation of the events of Maribel Quest, and my interpretation and the actual interpretation of locations, events, etc. are not exact.

>Shiki: "Hello?"
>"Yes?"

>Ego Emancipator: "Not my good, Satori. Theirs. It's like I said, my wellbeing or desires don't enter into it at all. I'm just a supposed to be a good little soldier in Eiki's struggle, and not have any desires outside of it."
>Satori says "Your wellbeing or desires? Then tell me, what are those desires?"

>Glance upward.
>"Did she even show any real concern for you, Yukari? Anyone can see that you've been struggling with your own problems, but has she even stopped once in using you as a highly effective horse?"
>"She's the Yama, I'd say it's her job. It's no problem if I use my gaps to transport them around, my usage of the gaps doesn't quicken the power drain. But I'm afraid this isn't about her. This is about you."

>A reminder to the parser: Although Yuyuko is the most vocaly concerned about Yukari's condition, Shiki has also voiced such concern.
>Noted, although quotes would help.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:04:50 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 04:54:27 AM »
Noted, although quotes would help.

Quote from: GuyYouMetOnline
>Shiki: "Yes, the time needed seems to be increasing by about five seconds each time. You're certain opening these gaps isn't accellerating the power drain, Yukari?"

>Shiki: "A situation has arisen. May I enter?"
>Assuming permission is given, enter.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 05:13:50 AM »
>Superego Supernaturalist: "Exactly. It doesn't matter what I felt or thought, my task is to salute, drop whatever I might be doing or feeling, and come to you and plead for you to possibly forgive me for having the temerity to try to fix things. And you're expected to do the same, leaving whatever you were doing immediately for the same reason, and forgive me without delay. And the hope is that in playing our parts, we'll stymie that voice a bit. What we actually think or feel has nothing to do with it."
>Gesture around.
>"And there was no intention of letting us leave until we do so."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 05:38:01 AM »
>Shiki: "A situation has arisen. May I enter?"
>"Yeah."

>Assuming permission is given, enter.
>You enter. You see the room is empty, except for Sanae, who's sweeping the room.
>"What's the problem? Where are the people with you?"

>Superego Supernaturalist: "Exactly. It doesn't matter what I felt or thought, my task is to salute, drop whatever I might be doing or feeling, and come to you and plead for you to possibly forgive me for having the temerity to try to fix things. And you're expected to do the same, leaving whatever you were doing immediately for the same reason, and forgive me without delay. And the hope is that in playing our parts, we'll stymie that voice a bit. What we actually think or feel has nothing to do with it."
>Gesture around.
>"And there was no intention of letting us leave until we do so."
>Satori says "I wasn't doing anything at the time, and even if I was in the middle of something, I think and feel you would have been more important. I'm sure you feel the same way. I am not the one who's supposed to be doing the forgiving, it was you, and to Okuu."
>"Do you honestly believe that I would be impeded if you forgave Utsuho? I wouldn't be. That was the ends of my plan with you, not a step. You have some serious problems."
>Satori continues. "And furthermore, you didn't answer my question. What are your desires? Is it just for me to be free from being a satori, or is there more?"
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:41:17 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 05:58:16 AM »
>Shiki: "Koishi's in Yukari's gapworld, and Yuyuko and Suika are underground. No time to explain, because Reimu's coming here-she was, I guess, too impatient to wait for a gap, which is fortunate, as this allowed me to beat her here-and she's on the warpath. The truth about the Gensokyo Isle incident has just come out. Koishi is in Yukari's gapworld for her own safety, but with that target removed, Reimu seems to have set her sights on you and your gods."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 07:21:40 AM »
>Ego Inflator: Shake head.
>"Let's not fall into their whims right now. I promise you, I'll talk with you about it. But it won't be on their terms, it'll be on ours."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 05:34:10 PM »
>Shiki: "Koishi's in Yukari's gapworld, and Yuyuko and Suika are underground. No time to explain, because Reimu's coming here-she was, I guess, too impatient to wait for a gap, which is fortunate, as this allowed me to beat her here-and she's on the warpath. The truth about the Gensokyo Isle incident has just come out. Koishi is in Yukari's gapworld for her own safety, but with that target removed, Reimu seems to have set her sights on you and your gods."
>"How the heck did she find out?!"
>Beat.
>"Yukari, of course. I'll warn Suwako and Kanako immediately."
>She runs off.

>Ego Inflator: Shake head.
>"Let's not fall into their whims right now. I promise you, I'll talk with you about it. But it won't be on their terms, it'll be on ours."
>"Does it matter whose terms we talk about it on? And stop dodging my question."
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:43:11 PM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 06:29:09 PM »
>Shiki: Follow Sanae.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 07:39:02 PM »
>Superegoist: "It does. That freedom is about all we have left anymore, and I'm not going to surrender it, too. I swear, I'll answer when the time is right. Which is not now."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 09:47:42 PM »
>Shiki: Follow Sanae.
>You follow Sanae to the back area of the shrine. You see Kanako overhead sitting on a pillar, which is one of many pillars in front of a lake.
>Sanae says "Hello, Kanako?"
>Kanako turns around to face you. "Yes, Sanae?"
>Sanae replies "Well, Reimu found out about the Gensokyo Isle incident and she's coming to attack you."
>Kanako sighs. "How did she find out? I suppose it involves Yukari?"

>Superegoist: "It does. That freedom is about all we have left anymore, and I'm not going to surrender it, too. I swear, I'll answer when the time is right. Which is not now."
>"I'm afraid that the right time is now."
>Yukari says "Do you want to talk about this at home?"

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 11:33:44 PM »
>Dechampisa Delimiter: "Yukari... did hint at the matter, but Koishi provided the details herself once asked. I do not know why."
>What do we know about the rightness of the Gensokyo Isle fiasco, anyway...?

>Gila Gangster: Proceed.

>Grand Yuyutons: Visit Satori again! Apologize for the intrusion, and ask to speak with that large-chested crow of hers!
>Sake Shenanigator: Have we been here before? Drown/restore memories with more sake.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 03:06:21 AM »
>Dechampisa Delimiter: "Yukari... did hint at the matter, but Koishi provided the details herself once asked. I do not know why."
>"Koishi would seem like the type to keep it to herself...strange. Anyways, it's a shame that Reimu's on the warpath right now. I wanted to relax for the rest of the day."

>What do we know about the rightness of the Gensokyo Isle fiasco, anyway...?
>Perhaps you should ask why Kanako and Suwako did it, first...

>Gila Gangster: Proceed.
>You continue to the Moriya Shrine. There is nobody around when you arrive at the entrance.

>Grand Yuyutons: Visit Satori again! Apologize for the intrusion, and ask to speak with that large-chested crow of hers!
>You continue in the direction of the Palace of the Earth Spirits. When you arrive, you knock on the door.
>Orin answers you. "Hello? Oh, it's you." When you ask to see Utsuho, she says "Sorry, Okuu's not home right now. I think she's somewhere in the city with Yuugi and that new girlfriend of hers."

>Sake Shenanigator: Have we been here before? Drown/restore memories with more sake.
>You have, and you down more sake to remember the good times better. You're not sure if it helped.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 05:01:41 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 04:12:06 AM »
>Idiot: Glance toward the sky. "No! I never want to be near that awful city again as long as I live. Just...put us somewhere quiet and far away. Then leave us alone after that. I'll make sure Satori gets home."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 04:15:57 AM »
>Shiki: "At some point, I will want to hear your reasons for doing what you did, but that can wait. Reimu's out for blood, Koishi seems to have herself in a self-destructive emotional spiral, and who knows what Suika and Yuyuko are getting themselves into. We can talk later. And in the quite likely event that Reimu attacks, you shall have my aid."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 05:28:19 AM »
>Idiot: Glance toward the sky. "No! I never want to be near that awful city again as long as I live. Just...put us somewhere quiet and far away. Then leave us alone after that. I'll make sure Satori gets home."
>"Right, right."
>You and Satori watch as a gap opens up for...past a minute or so.

>Shiki: "At some point, I will want to hear your reasons for doing what you did, but that can wait. Reimu's out for blood, Koishi seems to have herself in a self-destructive emotional spiral, and who knows what Suika and Yuyuko are getting themselves into. We can talk later. And in the quite likely event that Reimu attacks, you shall have my aid."
>"Self-destructive emotional spiral, huh? I always knew Koishi had problems. Anyways, I'm not too worried about losing here, especially i I get Suwako. Sanae, could you get Suwako for me?"
>"Okay, Kanako." She walks off.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 05:32:25 AM »
>Shiki: "I will attempt to talk her down, but I expect to fail, so yes, be ready to fight."
>Wait for Reimu's arrival.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 05:56:59 AM »
>Armpits: Land. Proceed inside uninvited! "KANAKO! SUWAKO! WE NEED TO TALK!"

>Piton des Yuyuges: Eye sparkle. "Oooo! And who is the lucky girl~"
>Watermelon Waif: What do we know about Yuugi's romantic life?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 06:48:03 AM »
>Ego Emulator: "It's just getting worse and worse for Yukari. But it won't stop Shiki from demanding gap after gap."
>Enter when it's opened.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 08:42:12 PM »
>Shiki: "I will attempt to talk her down, but I expect to fail, so yes, be ready to fight."
>Wait for Reimu's arrival.
>You wait for Reimu's arrival. She isn't here yet.

>Armpits: Land. Proceed inside uninvited! "KANAKO! SUWAKO! WE NEED TO TALK!"
>You land and proceed inside. You yell for Kanako and Suwako, but nobody answers.
>As Eiki, you think you hear Reimu's voice, but just barely. Kanako remarks "About time." She gets up from the pillar she was sitting on and flies into the Moriya Shrine.

>Piton des Yuyuges: Eye sparkle. "Oooo! And who is the lucky girl~"
>"A girl named Parsee. And she's both Okuu and Yuugi's girlfriend. Weird, huh?"

>Watermelon Waif: What do we know about Yuugi's romantic life?
>Nothing at all.

>Ego Emulator: "It's just getting worse and worse for Yukari. But it won't stop Shiki from demanding gap after gap."
>"If I minded, I would have told her."

>Enter when it's opened.
>You and Satori enter the gap.
>You find yourself next to a spring in the middle of a forest. You think you've been around here before.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 09:26:29 PM »
>Genji Grappler: Proceed inside. Keep calling for them. Did they try and run away?
>Upon encountering Kanako, "So, Koishi said something about you guys fucking with everyone in Gensokyo. You know what that means."
>Ultraviolence!

>m/v MVP: Try not to choke on sake. "Say what?"
>Grampian Yuyutons: "Oh my, that IS unusual."
>Do either of us know who this "Parsee" girl is?
>Yuderberg: "Where might they be in the city? I believe it would be good to hear more about what she did during the trouble Koishi and those goddesses caused."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 09:47:23 PM »
>"You shouldn't have to be in that position to begin with."
>Let the gap close, and wait until we feel there is no presence of Yukari at all before saying anything.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 10:39:36 PM »
>Genji Grappler: Proceed inside. Keep calling for them. Did they try and run away?
>You keep going inside and keep calling for Kanako and Suwako. You see Sanae in the hallway, looking intently at you.
>"You want Kanako and Suwako? They're behind the shrine." She points her thumb in the direction you're going right now.
>You continue to the back, and upon exiting the building, you see Kanako and Suwako in front of you. And Shikieki?
>Kanako says "So I heard you wanted to fight?"

>Upon encountering Kanako, "So, Koishi said something about you guys fucking with everyone in Gensokyo. You know what that means."
>Suwako sighs. "We know."

>Ultraviolence!
>You start firing massive amounts of danmaku at them. They respond with, of course, more danmaku.

>m/v MVP: Try not to choke on sake. "Say what?"
>Grampian Yuyutons: "Oh my, that IS unusual."
>"Yeah. I heard they were about to fight over which one of them kept Parsee, but a girl named Maribel managed to convince them to have a threesome."

>Do either of us know who this "Parsee" girl is?
>No.

>Yuderberg: "Where might they be in the city? I believe it would be good to hear more about what she did during the trouble Koishi and those goddesses caused."
>"Somewhere out in the city. I don't know, really."

>"You shouldn't have to be in that position to begin with."
>Yukari says "Then why blame the Yama?"

>Let the gap close, and wait until we feel there is no presence of Yukari at all before saying anything.
>You let the gap close, and make sure that Yukari's gaps aren't around. Thankfully, they aren't.
>Satori says "Now answer my question. What are your desires?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2011, 10:43:53 PM »
>Superego Chevalier: "I want us to be free, Satori. That's what I want. I don't want us to have to hide, to be disdained for what we are. I don't want you cooped up in that mansion, terrified of the crowds outside simply due to the weight of their combined thoughts. And I did it, sis. I did it. It was wonderful. You remember it too, don't you?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2011, 11:28:48 PM »
>Serpent Strangler: Boggle in confusion for a moment, then do the math. "Damnit, Shiki! What the hell are you doing?! Did Yukari put you up to this?!"
>Continue! Which one would be best to focus on getting out of the picture first? Perhaps most responsible for the mess Koishi helped set up?

>Density&Gluttony: Have we heard of 'Maribel' before?
>Britannia Yuyuge: "Oh my, quite an interesting girl... maybe we should speak with her, too!"

>Alcohol Authority: Would we be able to 'gather' any of these people easily?
>Why did we leave the underground, again?
>What is/was our relationship with Yuugi like?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 01:23:49 AM »
>Shiki: "You cannot claim that this is to resolve an incident, as the incident has already been resolved. You're attacking them because you want to, and you want to out of nothing more than anger. Regardless of who did what previously, it is you who are in the wrong right now."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 01:27:45 AM »
>Superego Chevalier: "I want us to be free, Satori. That's what I want. I don't want us to have to hide, to be disdained for what we are. I don't want you cooped up in that mansion, terrified of the crowds outside simply due to the weight of their combined thoughts. And I did it, sis. I did it. It was wonderful. You remember it too, don't you?"
>"I certainly do remember. However..."
>She pauses.

>Serpent Strangler: Boggle in confusion for a moment, then do the math. "Damnit, Shiki! What the hell are you doing?! Did Yukari put you up to this?!"
>Shiki: "You cannot claim that this is to resolve an incident, as the incident has already been resolved. You're attacking them because you want to, and you want to out of nothing more than anger. Regardless of who did what previously, it is you who are in the wrong right now."
>"They still fucked with Gensokyo!"

>Continue! Which one would be best to focus on getting out of the picture first? Perhaps most responsible for the mess Koishi helped set up?
>You don't know which one is more responsible, and you're not sure which one is stronger.

>Density&Gluttony: Have we heard of 'Maribel' before?
>You have not.

>Britannia Yuyuge: "Oh my, quite an interesting girl... maybe we should speak with her, too!"
>"I don't know where she is now, though."

>Alcohol Authority: Would we be able to 'gather' any of these people easily?
>You don't think so.

>Why did we leave the underground, again?
>You left because you wanted to explore the topside.

>What is/was our relationship with Yuugi like?
>Acquaintances. Nothing close, nothing distant.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 02:08:50 AM »
>Shiki: "And the incident was resolved. Thus, what you are ready to do would fall under punishment, and that is not within your right to give."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 02:16:52 AM »
>Shiki: "And the incident was resolved. Thus, what you are ready to do would fall under punishment, and that is not within your right to give."
>"Yes, it is."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 02:29:37 AM »
>Shiki: "Oh? Being the Hakurei maiden does not give you that right-this is beyond resolving incidents-so what does?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 02:52:12 AM »
>Reptile Wrangler: "Making sure incidents STAY resolved and I know what the hell happened, that's what!"
>Which one has more of a sneaky or self-centered personality, as far as we're aware? If there's a clear winner, take them down.
>Failing that, screw it, focus on the mountain of hair. And/or tits.

>Manzano Yuyutains: "Oh, a pity! But perhaps we could hear what she looks like?"
>Beat.
>"Ah, and did a girl named Renko visit here recently?"