Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 15)  (Read 93956 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 15)
« Reply #600 on: April 03, 2016, 12:01:39 AM »
>"Please."
>"Enough to remind me just how big this city really is. Especially with all the time I've spent out in the wilderness lately."

>"It's nice to be back," she says, handing you a fluffy (and rather ample) raisin biscuit retrieved from the kitchen. "Here you go!"

« Reply #601 on: April 03, 2016, 12:51:27 AM »
>"Thanks."
>Come to think of it, have we eaten since we got back?
>Never mind, it's late. We can make up for it at breakfast.
>

« Reply #602 on: April 04, 2016, 10:46:47 PM »
>"Thanks."
>Come to think of it, have we eaten since we got back?
>Never mind, it's late. We can make up for it at breakfast.

>You accept the proffered pastry and take a bite. It's surprisingly rich for how fluffy it looks, and extremely fresh.
>"So, was the Blue Maiden still in town?" Kyouko asks.

« Reply #603 on: April 06, 2016, 05:44:18 PM »
>Shake head and swallow. "Struck out on that one, I'm afraid. I suppose it was a long shot, really. But on the upside, I checked out the guild hall as well. I might be on my own for getting back home, but I've got some avenues for fattening my purse in the meantime."

« Reply #604 on: April 07, 2016, 05:04:42 AM »
>Shake head and swallow. "Struck out on that one, I'm afraid. I suppose it was a long shot, really. But on the upside, I checked out the guild hall as well. I might be on my own for getting back home, but I've got some avenues for fattening my purse in the meantime."

>She grins. "I'd expect nothing less!"

« Reply #605 on: April 07, 2016, 09:41:39 PM »
>Given the options available and the financial gain from them, about how long might it take us to build up enough scratch to get back to Estval?

« Reply #606 on: April 08, 2016, 02:58:58 AM »
>Given the options available and the financial gain from them, about how long might it take us to build up enough scratch to get back to Estval?

>Given that almost all Seeker work is speculative, you can't possibly say. You could get extraordinarily fortunate and make enough money for a ticket tomorrow. More realistically, you imagine you're looking at least a few more days in town.

« Reply #607 on: April 08, 2016, 07:04:11 PM »
>"That said, though, I don't know if it'll be at all quick. Most likely not. Maybe a week, maybe more, depending on how things turn out. And I know, 'You can stay as long as you need', right?" pause and smile, then put our business face back on. "Well if you are planning on letting me crash here, then we'll need to work some things out."

« Reply #608 on: April 08, 2016, 11:49:14 PM »
>"That said, though, I don't know if it'll be at all quick. Most likely not. Maybe a week, maybe more, depending on how things turn out. And I know, 'You can stay as long as you need', right?" pause and smile, then put our business face back on. "Well if you are planning on letting me crash here, then we'll need to work some things out."

>"Like what?" she asks uncertainly.

« Reply #609 on: April 09, 2016, 12:15:51 AM »
>"Circumstances notwithstanding, I don't enjoy the thought of being a freeloader here. Not if there's something I can do for you in exchange. I may not be flush with cash, but I can still be put to good use."

« Reply #610 on: April 09, 2016, 01:13:57 AM »
>"Circumstances notwithstanding, I don't enjoy the thought of being a freeloader here. Not if there's something I can do for you in exchange. I may not be flush with cash, but I can still be put to good use."

>She giggles. "'Put to use'? Do you come with an instruction manual?"

« Reply #611 on: April 09, 2016, 02:12:53 AM »
>Chuckle. "Sorry, left it back in Braston."

« Reply #612 on: April 09, 2016, 02:52:43 AM »
>Chuckle. "Sorry, left it back in Braston."

>"Then how am I supposed to figure out how to get you to work?" she says as she inches over towards you. "Do I just start poking things and hope for the best?"
>She gives you a prod with her finger as if examining a recalcitrant clock.

« Reply #613 on: April 09, 2016, 03:31:38 AM »
>"I thought you did that already."

« Reply #614 on: April 09, 2016, 03:39:49 AM »
>"I thought you did that already."

>"Oh, is that how I'm supposed to put you to use?" She flashes you a perfectly innocent smile.

« Reply #615 on: April 09, 2016, 04:21:46 AM »
>"I can think of worse ways."

« Reply #616 on: April 09, 2016, 04:58:01 AM »
>"I can think of worse ways."

>"Sounds pretty win-win to me." She leans forward until you can feel her breath upon you and her smile turns almost brazen. And then, just as quickly, she takes a step back and giggles. "And if you wanted to take over the dishes, I wouldn't complain either."

« Reply #617 on: April 11, 2016, 05:23:33 AM »
>"Heh heh. Least I could do."

« Reply #618 on: April 11, 2016, 05:53:10 AM »
>"Heh heh. Least I could do."

>"Really, whatever you want to lend a hand with is fine by me, but don't think for a moment you have to 'pay me back', you hear? I went with you because it was the right thing to do, and I offered you my place because I like you. And I'm going to miss you when you go," she adds in a softer tone.

« Reply #619 on: April 11, 2016, 09:09:37 PM »
>"It's not forever. I'll be back. I haven't had nearly enough of a chance to really explore what this city has to offer."
>"And, not only do I have someTHING to come back for, I have someONE to come back to now."

« Reply #620 on: April 12, 2016, 02:24:20 AM »
>"It's not forever. I'll be back. I haven't had nearly enough of a chance to really explore what this city has to offer."
>"And, not only do I have someTHING to come back for, I have someONE to come back to now."

>Kyouko smiles, her ears fluttering slightly. "I'm not going anywhere."

« Reply #621 on: April 12, 2016, 06:48:47 AM »
>Smile quietly. "I guess that settles that."
>"And, well, about our sleeping arrangements..."

« Reply #622 on: April 12, 2016, 03:24:55 PM »
>Smile quietly. "I guess that settles that."
>"And, well, about our sleeping arrangements..."

>"My bed is your bed!" she chirps. "Well, unless you'd rather your own space. We can set you up something on the floor again, if you'd like; that's fine, too!"

« Reply #623 on: April 13, 2016, 08:32:23 PM »
>"Maybe for tonight, at least.  If I'm going to be productive tomorrow, I'll need some sleep tonight. Without, uh... tempting distractions."

« Reply #624 on: April 17, 2016, 05:10:48 AM »
>"Maybe for tonight, at least.  If I'm going to be productive tomorrow, I'll need some sleep tonight. Without, uh... tempting distractions."

>Kyouko giggles. "What, are you saying you wouldn't be able to keep your hands off me?"

« Reply #625 on: April 18, 2016, 04:25:19 AM »
>"Is that an invitation?"

« Reply #626 on: April 18, 2016, 04:30:49 AM »
>"Is that an invitation?"

>"Oh? Didn't you say you were going to be too busy for stuff like that?" She can't quite keep the cheekiness out of her grin.

« Reply #627 on: April 18, 2016, 05:26:08 AM »
>"I'd consider that a mixed blessing." For the first time in my life.

« Reply #628 on: April 18, 2016, 05:28:21 AM »
>"I'd consider that a mixed blessing." For the first time in my life.

>"A mixed blessing?" This time she actually seems a little confused.

« Reply #629 on: April 20, 2016, 08:36:55 PM »
>"Maybe not the best way to put it, now that I think. Give me a sec."
>Find a place and sit down, and gather our thoughts.
>Clarification. Find a place where we can sit that she can sit either next or across from us, then gesture for her to do just that.