Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 15)  (Read 94234 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 15)
« Reply #480 on: February 23, 2016, 07:04:22 AM »
>"Exactly."

>She smiles and links her fingers with yours. "I can get behind that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #481 on: February 23, 2016, 07:48:42 AM »
>Give her hand a squeeze.
>"Glad you agree."

« Reply #482 on: February 23, 2016, 02:48:34 PM »
>Give her hand a squeeze.
>"Glad you agree."

>You squeeze Kyouko's hand in return, and the two of you cuddle in silence for a little while.
>"Y'know," she says eventually, "Maybe it's selfish of me, but I would have been really sad if you hadn't said you'd be coming back."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #483 on: February 23, 2016, 09:58:35 PM »
>"I suppose I'm no less selfish for being happy to hear that."

« Reply #484 on: February 24, 2016, 01:37:55 AM »
>"I suppose I'm no less selfish for being happy to hear that."

>"There's nothing selfish about wanting people to care that you're in their life," she says. "Everybody wants that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #485 on: February 24, 2016, 01:59:37 AM »
>"Yeah, but it's not right to want people you care about to be in danger of being really sad."

« Reply #486 on: February 24, 2016, 02:23:14 AM »
>"Yeah, but it's not right to want people you care about to be in danger of being really sad."

>"Well, you don't want me to be sad. You just want me to care, and I do, so it's fine."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #487 on: February 24, 2016, 03:01:36 AM »
>Chuckle. "Don't you twist my words."

« Reply #488 on: February 24, 2016, 03:13:15 AM »
>Chuckle. "Don't you twist my words."

>"I didn't twist anything," she pouts.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #489 on: February 24, 2016, 06:54:42 AM »
>"You know what I mean."
>Give her a peck on the cheek.

« Reply #490 on: February 24, 2016, 06:55:39 AM »
>Chuckle again. "Okay fine, but you have taught me something else."
>"You are cute when you pout."

« Reply #491 on: February 24, 2016, 04:32:58 PM »
>"You know what I mean."
>Give her a peck on the cheek.

>You give Kyouko another kiss and her expression softens.

>Chuckle again. "Okay fine, but you have taught me something else."
>"You are cute when you pout."

>"I'm not pouting," she pouts, but this time cannot maintain her frown long enough to complete the sentence without giggling. She returns your kiss and you snuggle in silence for another minute.

>"Easthaven's an awfully long way way," she says wistfully, looking up at the ceiling.

« Reply #492 on: February 24, 2016, 06:05:28 PM »
>"Tell me about. Of course, Val Razua seemed even farther away, when I was leaving."

« Reply #493 on: February 24, 2016, 06:25:03 PM »
>"Tell me about. Of course, Val Razua seemed even farther away, when I was leaving."

>"At least there shouldn't be any pirates this time!" she says. "Probably. Hopefully! Wait, um...." she trails off in a frown, then asks hesitantly, "do you... even have the money for the ticket?"

« Reply #494 on: February 24, 2016, 06:30:05 PM »
>"Well, not at this exact moment. That's sort of another reason I was hoping the Maiden was still in port."
>"But that's nothing you need to worry about, Kyouko. After everything that's happened to me, scaring up a few bob for a boat ticket should be easier than falling off a log."

« Reply #495 on: February 24, 2016, 07:03:34 PM »
>"Well, not at this exact moment. That's sort of another reason I was hoping the Maiden was still in port."
>"But that's nothing you need to worry about, Kyouko. After everything that's happened to me, scaring up a few bob for a boat ticket should be easier than falling off a log."

>Kyouko snorts. "Easier than falling off a log? Well, I suppose that is pretty easy.... But if you need a place to stay while you're busy... falling off of logs-" She snickers again. "Then my bed is your bed - a day, a week, a month, it doesn't matter."

« Reply #496 on: February 24, 2016, 08:57:08 PM »
>"You make a tempting offer."

« Reply #497 on: February 24, 2016, 09:09:29 PM »
>"You make a tempting offer."

>She giggles. "Spend a few days taking it easy in the city, poke around for a way to put those Seekerly skills of yours to use, and then fly back home once you've got some money squirreled away. That doesn't sound so bad, does it?"

« Reply #498 on: February 24, 2016, 09:27:44 PM »
>"Maybe I could even track down how that book ended up in the university library. And as well, if I want to come back this way, and I do, then I can't rely on the Maiden to ferry me all the time. Gotta be able to pay my own way sooner or later."

« Reply #499 on: February 24, 2016, 09:31:50 PM »
>"Maybe I could even track down how that book ended up in the university library. And as well, if I want to come back this way, and I do, then I can't rely on the Maiden to ferry me all the time. Gotta be able to pay my own way sooner or later."

>"I have the utmost confidence in your abilities." She smiles.

« Reply #500 on: February 24, 2016, 10:03:24 PM »
>"Thanks."
>Rest hands behind head. "Thinking about the future again... It's satisfying, in it's own way." Glance over at her. "Know anyone at all those places you help out that needs a Seeker?"

« Reply #501 on: February 25, 2016, 01:32:27 AM »
>"Thanks."
>Rest hands behind head. "Thinking about the future again... It's satisfying, in it's own way." Glance over at her. "Know anyone at all those places you help out that needs a Seeker?"

>"Hmmmm...." She taps her finger against her chin. "Well, most of it's not exactly Seeker-grade work, but I can ask around for you. And you never know! Maybe Bottles and Baubles had one of their grimoires fly the coop again. It's happened before!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #502 on: February 25, 2016, 01:53:52 AM »
>"I'd have to get a butterfly net for that, but that shouldn't be too hard..."

« Reply #503 on: February 25, 2016, 02:23:45 AM »
>"I'd have to get a butterfly net for that, but that shouldn't be too hard..."

>"I think it made it all the way up the clock tower, last time!"

« Reply #504 on: February 25, 2016, 02:49:31 AM »
>"Heh. Maybe that's how my book got to the library. It escaped another joint way back when."

« Reply #505 on: February 25, 2016, 02:59:58 AM »
>"Heh. Maybe that's how my book got to the library. It escaped another joint way back when."

>"What's so strange about an old book being in a room for old books, anyway?" she asks. "That seems like a pretty good place for it to be."

« Reply #506 on: February 25, 2016, 03:01:11 AM »
>"Everything's gotta come from somewhere."

« Reply #507 on: February 25, 2016, 03:26:01 AM »
>"Everything's gotta come from somewhere."

>"Personally, I blame the librarians," she says, then snickers at her own joke.

« Reply #508 on: February 25, 2016, 03:45:01 AM »
>"I guess it still bugs me a little, how I could find a cure for a disease that Minoriko couldn't, and she's a goddess."
>Pause. "Unless her influence didn't extend beyond Estval. If the cure was discovered here, then she might not have known about it. Don't really know how divinities work that way. Remind me to ask Minoriko about that."

« Reply #509 on: February 25, 2016, 03:53:20 AM »
>"I guess it still bugs me a little, how I could find a cure for a disease that Minoriko couldn't, and she's a goddess."
>Pause. "Unless her influence didn't extend beyond Estval. If the cure was discovered here, then she might not have known about it. Don't really know how divinities work that way. Remind me to ask Minoriko about that."

>"Well, she's not a goddess of medicine or healing or anything, right? Maybe she can only heal fruits and vegetables?"
>"I've worked at a shrine and a temple, and I've never actually met a real goddess before. Uh, at least as far as I know. You said she just... kinda looks like a normal person, right?" Kyouko sounds almost disappointed.