Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 15)  (Read 94244 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 15)
« Reply #270 on: February 07, 2016, 03:31:04 PM »
>Smile. "In the flesh!"
>Approach the lycanthrope. "And much less blighted flesh, as well."

>The faintest suggestion of a smile tugs at her face. "So you... found what you were looking for, after all?" Then she glances at Kyouko with guarded eyes. "That's not... Yuuka, is it?"
>Your green-haired yet harmless yamabiko companion erupts in a fit of giggles; you're not sure this does much to help Kagerou's composure.

« Reply #271 on: February 07, 2016, 03:54:46 PM »
>Chuckle, then try mightily to suppress it.
>"No, no. Not by a longshot. No, this is a very good friend of mine, Kyouko Kasodani. She helped me get back to Yuuka's, something I wouldn't have been able to do without her."

« Reply #272 on: February 07, 2016, 04:04:24 PM »
>Chuckle, then try mightily to suppress it.
>"No, no. Not by a longshot. No, this is a very good friend of mine, Kyouko Kasodani. She helped me get back to Yuuka's, something I wouldn't have been able to do without her."

>You do your best not to laugh too hard, though you fear you only fluster Kagerou further anyway; but at least she seems a little disarmed by this reaction.
>Kyouko bows politely as you introduce her. "Pleased to meet you! Nazrin told me how you helped her find her way to the garden. That was really nice of you!"
>"Oh that's-" Kagerou pauses. "Back to Yuuka's?"

« Reply #273 on: February 07, 2016, 04:23:11 PM »
>"Yeah. ... It's a bit of a story. But at least now I've got the time to tell it."

« Reply #274 on: February 07, 2016, 04:40:12 PM »
>"Yeah. ... It's a bit of a story. But at least now I've got the time to tell it."

>"So, it worked?" she asks. "You're cured now?"

« Reply #275 on: February 07, 2016, 04:56:04 PM »
>"I wasn't sure at first." Give self a once over. "Those marks didn't all dissappear right away. But I've been feeling better and better since I took the medicine. I think I've even stopped worrying, which is something that'll take a bit of getting used to, after these last couple of weeks."

« Reply #276 on: February 07, 2016, 05:14:37 PM »
>"I wasn't sure at first." Give self a once over. "Those marks didn't all dissappear right away. But I've been feeling better and better since I took the medicine. I think I've even stopped worrying, which is something that'll take a bit of getting used to, after these last couple of weeks."

>Kagerou smiles. "I'm really glad to hear it. I'd thought you- I mean..." She trails off, looking uncomfortable, but quickly segues into "Would you like to stay for supper? I was going to cook salmon; there should be plenty for everyone."
>You can see Kyouko's eyes light up.

« Reply #277 on: February 07, 2016, 05:41:11 PM »
>"That sounds excellent. Kyouko?"

« Reply #278 on: February 07, 2016, 05:47:39 PM »
>"That sounds excellent. Kyouko?"

>"That sounds excellent," she concurs.
>"Well, it needs to smoke for just a little bit longer, but I can get you some tea or something in the meantime," Kagerou says, moving off towards her house. "Or at least a chair."

« Reply #279 on: February 07, 2016, 06:18:39 PM »
>"Chairs are also excellent. We've been doing a heck of a lot of walking."
>Walk more in a following motion.

« Reply #280 on: February 07, 2016, 06:27:58 PM »
>"Chairs are also excellent. We've been doing a heck of a lot of walking."
>Walk more in a following motion.

>"I can only imagine," she says as she leads you back towards her home. "How many days did you spend searching for the garden?"

« Reply #281 on: February 07, 2016, 07:08:58 PM »
>How many days HAS it been?
>Actually...
>"Uh.... That's actually a good question, I lost track of a few days after Kyouko started carrying me. What day IS it?"

« Reply #282 on: February 08, 2016, 08:12:00 AM »
>How many days HAS it been?
>Actually...
>"Uh.... That's actually a good question, I lost track of a few days after Kyouko started carrying me. What day IS it?"

>Since you parted ways with Kagerou? Since you entered the woods with Kyouko? You're not certain the answer to either of these questions, but she might be asking how long it took you to find it the first time, which was around 3 days.
>Kagerou pauses with her hand on the doorknob. "Carrying you?" You can see her eyeing your companion with some doubtfulness.

« Reply #283 on: February 08, 2016, 10:22:08 AM »
>"Like I said. It's a bit of a story."

« Reply #284 on: February 08, 2016, 10:54:58 AM »
>"Like I said. It's a bit of a story."

>"Right. Of course." Her eyes linger on Kyouko for just a moment more; the yamabiko lets out a sheepish little giggle. Then Kagerou opens the door and beckons the two of you inside.

>"Please help yourself to a chair," she says as she putters off into the pantry. "What kind of tea would you like? I've got lemon and ginger and..." You hear a small rattle. "Actually, maybe just lemon and ginger."
>"Either's fine with me!" Kyouko says.

« Reply #285 on: February 08, 2016, 11:16:19 AM »
>"We're not hard to please, Kagerou."
>Find a chair. Chairs are nice.

« Reply #286 on: February 08, 2016, 11:29:41 AM »
>"We're not hard to please, Kagerou."
>Find a chair. Chairs are nice.

>"We're not hard to please!" Kyouko agrees. You can hear Kagerou digging something out of a cupboard.
>You settle down into the nearest chair, while Kyouko wanders around the room, admiring the decor.
>"This is a nice place you have," she says. "It's kinda... cozy."
>"Um, thank you," Kagerou says.

« Reply #287 on: February 08, 2016, 12:13:11 PM »
>Sigh contendedly. "You forget sometimes the simple comforts of a proper chair. Or being able to relax in one, for that matter. I've still got some adjusting to do."

« Reply #288 on: February 08, 2016, 12:21:23 PM »
>Sigh contendedly. "You forget sometimes the simple comforts of a proper chair. Or being able to relax in one, for that matter. I've still got some adjusting to do."

>"It's been a while!" Kyouko says. "But the camping wasn't all bad."

« Reply #289 on: February 08, 2016, 12:52:37 PM »
>"Oh no, it wasn't bad. But, it'll be nice to not have to, for a while. After the camping and the traveling and all the other whatnot, I plan on taking a vacation after I get back home."

« Reply #290 on: February 08, 2016, 01:04:12 PM »
>"Oh no, it wasn't bad. But, it'll be nice to not have to, for a while. After the camping and the traveling and all the other whatnot, I plan on taking a vacation after I get back home."

>"You deserve it!" Kyouko says. "Enjoy life to the fullest!"
>Kagerou emerges from the pantry with a small grey tin and carries it into the kitchen.
>"Anywhere special?" she asks.

« Reply #291 on: February 08, 2016, 01:23:38 PM »
>Chuckle ruefully. "Unless I manage to land in a pile of money, it'll need to be somewhere cheap."

« Reply #292 on: February 08, 2016, 01:43:49 PM »
>Chuckle ruefully. "Unless I manage to land in a pile of money, it'll need to be somewhere cheap."

>Kagerou chuckles softly. "I'm afraid I've never done much traveling myself."
>"Hey now!" Kyouko interjects. "You just found a secret garden hidden in the middle of nowhere, tangled with a big scary youkai that even the soldiers were afraid of, and came away with a flower that shouldn't exist. While you were dying. Who wouldn't want to hire a Seeker that could pull that off? I bet there's piles of money out there with your name on them already!"

« Reply #293 on: February 08, 2016, 01:58:13 PM »
>This girl'd make a heck of a cheerleader.
>"That's a damn nice thought, Kyouko."
>"Of course I should say that I had a lot of help getting there. Stubbornness and willpower got me pretty far, but without the help of a lot of folks, inculding you two, I never would have made it."

« Reply #294 on: February 08, 2016, 02:10:02 PM »
>This girl'd make a heck of a cheerleader.
>"That's a damn nice thought, Kyouko."
>"Of course I should say that I had a lot of help getting there. Stubbornness and willpower got me pretty far, but without the help of a lot of folks, inculding you two, I never would have made it."

>You don't even think she can help herself.
>"I don't know that I did very much," Kagerou says, "but I'm glad if you think it helped. And I'm glad you're alright."

« Reply #295 on: February 08, 2016, 02:44:17 PM »
>"You pointed me in the right direction, Kagerou. Helped me find a quicker way to get there than I might have found on my own. And... You were a friend, when I needed one. And if I've learned nothing else from this experience, it's that friendship is a powerful thing. More than I think I ever gave it credit for."
>Pause.
>"Oh, that was really sappy."

« Reply #296 on: February 08, 2016, 03:20:16 PM »
>"You pointed me in the right direction, Kagerou. Helped me find a quicker way to get there than I might have found on my own. And... You were a friend, when I needed one. And if I've learned nothing else from this experience, it's that friendship is a powerful thing. More than I think I ever gave it credit for."
>Pause.
>"Oh, that was really sappy."

>"Sappy's good!" Kyouko declares.
>You hear Kagerou chuckle again. "Well, I'm... I'm glad it worked out, in the end. Would you like a raisin bun?"
>"Yes, please!"

« Reply #297 on: February 08, 2016, 03:44:43 PM »
>"Please."
>After delivery, sit back. "So, the story. Where should I start?"

« Reply #298 on: February 08, 2016, 03:51:14 PM »
>"Please."
>After delivery, sit back. "So, the story. Where should I start?"

>"Alright."
>In a few moments, Kagerou emerges with a pair of slightly doughy, but sweet raisin buns. Kyouko wastes no time digging into hers, stopping only just long enough to say thanks. You don't think you'll ever be able to match her appetite, but the bun is tasty nonetheless.
>"What happened after I left you?" Kagerou asks, in reply to your question.

« Reply #299 on: February 08, 2016, 08:02:43 PM »
>How long was it between when Kagerou left us and when we found the garden?
>"Well, I did find Yuuka's place eventually, though I had to hike *insert above time here*, and even then, I needed a bit more help to get there." Chuckle. "Picture this if you can. A fairy riding a goat, claiming to be a knight, found me."
>"But they actually knew where Yuuka's place was and led me right to it." Pause and shake head. "Now that I think about her, I kind of hope I see her back in town. Assuming she's not still on her epic quest for the.... how did she put it? The Overgoat."