Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 15)  (Read 94089 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 15)
« Reply #540 on: February 29, 2016, 03:23:05 AM »
>"I should check to see if the Maiden's still in town. If it is, I'll need to talk to Neu or Murasa to see where they're going next. And if it isn't, then I'll be staying in town for some time."

>"Well, you've got a place to stay for as long as you need it."

« Reply #541 on: February 29, 2016, 03:44:20 AM »
>"Thanks."
>"And, what about you? You've been away for a while now. I bet you're missed at the joints around town you work at."

« Reply #542 on: February 29, 2016, 03:53:45 AM »
>"Thanks."
>"And, what about you? You've been away for a while now. I bet you're missed at the joints around town you work at."

>"Going to have some catching up to do!" she says. "But that's okay. It'll be good to be back at it."

« Reply #543 on: February 29, 2016, 04:21:24 AM »
>"Then... You'll be off?"

« Reply #544 on: February 29, 2016, 04:31:26 AM »
>"Then... You'll be off?"

>"Well, I don't need to go anywhere right away," she says. "But if you're going to go check on the Blue Maiden, I might go home and unpack, and maybe drop in on Sumiko."

« Reply #545 on: February 29, 2016, 04:49:25 AM »
>"Sounds like a plan."

« Reply #546 on: February 29, 2016, 04:59:49 AM »
>"Sounds like a plan."

>"Soooo... how do we handle meeting up again? I'd give you a key to my place if I had more than one on me, and I don't know how long I'll be out and about. Did you have any plans for after checking out the docks?"

« Reply #547 on: February 29, 2016, 06:20:34 AM »
>"I hadn't thought that far ahead." Smile. "Enjoying not having to, if I'm honest."

« Reply #548 on: February 29, 2016, 06:35:40 AM »
>"I hadn't thought that far ahead." Smile. "Enjoying not having to, if I'm honest."

>"Well, you might have to wait around a little while," she says. "If I'm still out by the time you get back to my place. Is that okay? Or should we set a time?"

« Reply #549 on: February 29, 2016, 06:54:15 AM »
>"I don't mind a little waiting. I can scrounge around for some work, if nothing else comes up. Sooner or later, I'm gonna need it."
>"Or maybe head back to the university. There's a fairy there I'd like to say hello to, if I get the chance."

« Reply #550 on: February 29, 2016, 07:13:05 AM »
>"I don't mind a little waiting. I can scrounge around for some work, if nothing else comes up. Sooner or later, I'm gonna need it."
>"Or maybe head back to the university. There's a fairy there I'd like to say hello to, if I get the chance."

>"The world's your oyster!" Kyouko chirps.
>"Dai?"

« Reply #551 on: February 29, 2016, 07:23:55 AM »
>"That's the one."

« Reply #552 on: February 29, 2016, 07:34:12 AM »
>"That's the one."

>"I'm sure she'll be glad you made it through in one piece." Then she frowns slightly. "Though maybe not for what happened on the way; you said she seemed nervous about Yuuka from the beginning, right?"

« Reply #553 on: February 29, 2016, 07:59:35 AM »
>"I might gloss over the worst of the details. Believe me, I'm not in any enormous hurry to talk about Yuuka any more than I have to."

« Reply #554 on: February 29, 2016, 08:18:38 AM »
>"I might gloss over the worst of the details. Believe me, I'm not in any enormous hurry to talk about Yuuka any more than I have to."

>"Well, if you see her, tell her I said hi! ...actually, she probably doesn't remember me. But don't let that stop you!"

« Reply #555 on: February 29, 2016, 10:39:21 PM »
>Kyouko wasn't with us... Oh right, she works there. Heck, Dai probably knows her by voice.
>Did we see any cheerleaders at the university? Kyouko'd be a natural.

« Reply #556 on: February 29, 2016, 10:44:44 PM »
>Kyouko wasn't with us... Oh right, she works there. Heck, Dai probably knows her by voice.
>Did we see any cheerleaders at the university? Kyouko'd be a natural.

>You got the impression that Kyouko had mostly done bit jobs around campus, on a very casual basis - if paid at all. Whether she ever left an impression on Dai or not, you have no idea.
>You did not, nor sporting activities of any kind, really. But any job that involves being loud and cheerful would probably be a natural fit for her.

« Reply #557 on: March 01, 2016, 05:05:42 AM »
>"I'll do that."
>Assuming Kyouko has nothing else to add, travel to the airship port.

« Reply #558 on: March 01, 2016, 06:28:53 AM »
>"I'll do that."
>Assuming Kyouko has nothing else to add, travel to the airship port.

>She nods. "Good."
>"Well then, I guess I'll see you later this evening," she says as you say your farewells. "Bye-bye!"
>Kyouko waves cheerfully, then turns and marches down the street while humming to herself; she really does seem more spirited now, if such a thing is even possible. You watch her fondly for a moment, before turning and setting off in the opposite direction.

>Your walk across the city is perhaps the starkest possible contrast to the endless miles of forest that have been your life for so long now; you can't say you miss them much. The crowds here may be noisy and sometimes rude, but you'll take 'bustling' over 'bucolic' any day of the week. This city is a place where things happen; more news probably flows through the Guild in a single afternoon than that forest has seen in centuries.
>The sky is dusky by the time you reach the airship docks. You're not completely confident on where the Maiden was moored and it might have relocated since then anyway, so you elect to do a careful sweep up and down the entire length of the port. You pass dozens of ships, from stumpy cargo haulers to sleek yachts and even a certain lollipop-deficient cruise liner, but there is no sign of Murasa's ship. Even on a second pass, the distinctive profile of the Blue Maiden is nowhere to be found; perhaps it was too much to expect after all these weeks.

« Reply #559 on: March 01, 2016, 08:17:22 AM »
>"Well, it was a long shot."
>But on the upside, that probably means they got themselves and their ship patched up and on their way again. Good for them.
>Well, let's find somewhere to compose and send a letter. If we can't get home in short order, then we can least let Ichirin know we're not dead.

« Reply #560 on: March 01, 2016, 09:34:36 AM »
>"Well, it was a long shot."
>But on the upside, that probably means they got themselves and their ship patched up and on their way again. Good for them.
>Well, let's find somewhere to compose and send a letter. If we can't get home in short order, then we can least let Ichirin know we're not dead.

>"Yeah!" A small blond-haired fairy seems to be in agreement with you.
>There are tables outside a sparsely-occupied eatery nearby that you could sit down and write.

« Reply #561 on: March 02, 2016, 05:58:19 AM »
>That'll do.
>No wait, we can just as easily do that back at Kyouko's.
>This place is too darn big. Given the time of day, it'll probably be into the night before we could reach either the university or... That manor house we met Ringo at. Yes?

« Reply #562 on: March 02, 2016, 06:31:47 AM »
>That'll do.
>No wait, we can just as easily do that back at Kyouko's.
>This place is too darn big. Given the time of day, it'll probably be into the night before we could reach either the university or... That manor house we met Ringo at. Yes?

>Probably. Though that doesn't necessarily mean either will be closed; it was later than this when you met Ringo the first time.

« Reply #563 on: March 02, 2016, 07:28:44 AM »
>Then we can use the time to take in the sights of civilization again.
>Let's head towards the Houraisan estate, then. And while we're at it, we can keep our senses open to see if anyone else lost a coin here or there, or anything more precious, or any signage indicating employment for a relatively quick buck.

« Reply #564 on: March 02, 2016, 08:04:56 AM »
>Then we can use the time to take in the sights of civilization again.
>Let's head towards the Houraisan estate, then. And while we're at it, we can keep our senses open to see if anyone else lost a coin here or there, or anything more precious, or any signage indicating employment for a relatively quick buck.

>Trying to dowse for falling coinage while you walk sounds like a good way to get bowled over by traffic, or at least take half the day to reach your destination. You keep an idle eye out for anything glittering on the ground, but see nothing of the sort along the way. You do pass a couple 'Help Wanted' signs in storefront windows, though you think taking up waitressing or peddling shoes is a criminal underuse of your skills. The pay is probably lousy, too.

>It takes a small degree of guesswork to reach Ozukitei again - your mind was not at its best the last time you walked here - but you still make good time. The scene at the entrance is remarkably unchanged for the intervening weeks and the rabbits minding the gate could pass for the same ones you spoke to, though you have no idea if they are or not.
>"Evening," one of them says with a short nod. She doesn't seem to recognize you, but you're no longer bundled up like a thief, either.

« Reply #565 on: March 04, 2016, 12:53:56 AM »
>Did we get Ringo's last name.
>"Evening. I'd like to speak to Ringo <insert last name here if available>, if she's in."

« Reply #566 on: March 04, 2016, 04:57:32 AM »
>Did we get Ringo's last name.
>"Evening. I'd like to speak to Ringo <insert last name here if available>, if she's in."

>You did not.
>The shorter rabbit looks to her companion. "Is she?"
>The other answers with an effusive shrug. "I can check."

« Reply #567 on: March 04, 2016, 07:32:31 AM »
>"If you please. Tell her that Nazrin's back to see her."

« Reply #568 on: March 04, 2016, 08:03:13 AM »
>"If you please. Tell her that Nazrin's back to see her."

>"Sure, sure." She lazily rises from her chair and ambles towards the mansion about as slowly as possible.

>Despite this, it is only a few minutes before she returns with Ringo in tow - and looking far more sprightly with a superior beside her. Ringo's tone when she speaks to you is all business, but you could swear you see a knowing glint in her eyes as she appraises you - and one that lingers long enough that you're sure you were meant to notice.
>"There something I can do for you?"

« Reply #569 on: March 04, 2016, 08:27:58 AM »
>"I guess I just wanted to say that, everything worked out pretty well. And my... client wanted me to thank you. For pointing her in the right direction."