Author Topic: Sanae Quest (Part 5)  (Read 52307 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Sanae Quest (Part 5)
« Reply #360 on: June 01, 2011, 10:01:07 PM »
> Follow the fairies.

> You and Kogasa follow the faeries out the door and into the rest of the mansion.  You then spend a while following them through different, winding hallways and past many doors until you reach a staircase, which you then climb for a few floors.  After a while, you reach a much smaller-looking top floor with lots of windows on the outside, giving a nice view of the Gensokyo landscape.  The faeries bicker for a while about directions, but eventually the four of you reach a very big set of double doors.
> "She's probably in here!" the second faerie says.  "She's in here a lot."

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

« Reply #361 on: June 01, 2011, 10:02:24 PM »
> "Is this her bedroom?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #362 on: June 01, 2011, 10:21:46 PM »
> "Is this her bedroom?"

> "No way, this is the observational tower...or something," says the first faerie.  "We dunno where Lady Sakuya's bedroom is..."

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #363 on: June 01, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »
> Observational tower? Sounds like something you'd have in a secret lair. Did we see anything looking like that on the outside?
> Knock on the door.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #364 on: June 01, 2011, 10:31:48 PM »
> Observational tower? Sounds like something you'd have in a secret lair. Did we see anything looking like that on the outside?
> Knock on the door.

> That sounds pretty ominous.  You didn't see anything like that on the outside, though.  Maybe that clock tower would count?
> While you're knocking on the door, it opens to reveal Sakuya holding a feather duster.
> "Ah, hello..."  She glances over at the faeries and frowns.  "Did you two lead these two up here?"
> "Y-yeah!"
> "Why?"
> "Um...they wanted to see you."  The second faerie laughs nervously.
> "And what if they were intruders?  You can't just lead people through the mansion without knowing what they want; what if they're an assassin, a thief, or an arsonist?  I've told you time and time again, especially after such an incident happened with the black-white.  Have you been working on the floor?"
> "Uh...yeah."

> _

« Reply #365 on: June 01, 2011, 10:37:15 PM »
> "Sakuya, you don't need to be so harsh! They saw us coming up from the library, and thought that we were guests; they were kind enough to guide us here, which is a good thing, because I would've gotten me and Kogasa lost within seconds!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #366 on: June 01, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »
> "Sakuya, you don't need to be so harsh! They saw us coming up from the library, and thought that we were guests; they were kind enough to guide us here, which is a good thing, because I would've gotten me and Kogasa lost within seconds!"

> Sakuya smiles as the two faeries scamper off down the hall.
> "It's part of my job to be strict.  Sometimes scolding them is the only way to get them back on the job.  This is a very big mansion, after all."

> _

« Reply #367 on: June 01, 2011, 10:42:26 PM »
> "Hm... maybe... how many fairies do you have working here?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #368 on: June 01, 2011, 10:57:24 PM »
> "Hm... maybe... how many fairies do you have working here?"

> "About 25.  We're a bit understaffed."

> _

« Reply #369 on: June 01, 2011, 10:58:45 PM »
> "That's quite a few! Okay, I can see why you need to be a bit strict... wait, understaffed? You need more maids?"
> Wow, that's quite a crew.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #370 on: June 01, 2011, 11:04:45 PM »
> "That's quite a few! Okay, I can see why you need to be a bit strict... wait, understaffed? You need more maids?"
> Wow, that's quite a crew.

> "Isn't it?  We usually have around 50 or so maids."
> Imagine cooking for all of them, oh man....

> _

« Reply #371 on: June 01, 2011, 11:07:31 PM »
> "Man, that's quite a number! It must be heck trying to get them trained... what happened, did they go on strike or just get bored and wandered off?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #372 on: June 01, 2011, 11:14:36 PM »
> "Man, that's quite a number! It must be heck trying to get them trained... what happened, did they go on strike or just get bored and wandered off?"

> "You get used to it after a while."  Sakuya's face falls a little when you ask what happened to them.  "They were...well, eaten, during the incident last fall.  It's not something we like to talk about; 25 is all we got after trying to replace our entire faerie staff."

> _

« Reply #373 on: June 01, 2011, 11:23:52 PM »
> Pale. "E-eaten? Is that even...?"
> How is that possible? Don't fairies just come back?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #374 on: June 01, 2011, 11:24:55 PM »
> Pale. "E-eaten? Is that even...?"
> How is that possible? Don't fairies just come back?

> Oh.
> Sakuya doesn't say anything.  In your peripheral vision, you see Kogasa shaking.
> Faeries are supposed to regenerate, aren't they?

> _

« Reply #375 on: June 01, 2011, 11:29:45 PM »
> We... we can talk about this later...
> Grab Kogasa's hand and squeeze it comfortingly.
> "Ah, um... that's right! Remember that project I was talking to Patchouli and Remilia about, with the greenhouse for the Human Village and helping them grow food? Well, I talked to Minoriko and Yuuka, and they're both willing to help, but... when I asked about them meeting with Patchouli some time, Yuuka insisted on having the meeting here, at the mansion, tomorrow afternoon. Patchouli told me I should talk to Remilia about it, so..."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #376 on: June 01, 2011, 11:56:13 PM »
> We... we can talk about this later...
> Grab Kogasa's hand and squeeze it comfortingly.
> "Ah, um... that's right! Remember that project I was talking to Patchouli and Remilia about, with the greenhouse for the Human Village and helping them grow food? Well, I talked to Minoriko and Yuuka, and they're both willing to help, but... when I asked about them meeting with Patchouli some time, Yuuka insisted on having the meeting here, at the mansion, tomorrow afternoon. Patchouli told me I should talk to Remilia about it, so..."

> You can talk about this later, now's not the time.  You take Kogasa's hand and squeeze it comfortingly, and she seems a bit reassured.
> You quickly change the subject to the greenhouse.
> Sakuya sighs a little.  "Do you want me to awaken the mistress?  She'll want to know about this..."

> _

« Reply #377 on: June 02, 2011, 12:00:59 AM »
> Nod. "I'm really, really sorry about this, but it's not something that can really wait..."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #378 on: June 02, 2011, 12:09:53 AM »
> Nod. "I'm really, really sorry about this, but it's not something that can really wait..."

> "I see."  Sakuya disappears and reappears in the hallway next to you without the feather duster.  "This way, please."

> _

« Reply #379 on: June 02, 2011, 12:16:59 AM »
> Ah, that's pretty crazy whenever Sakuya does that! Have we ever dueled Sakuya?
> "Okay..." Follow Sakuya.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #380 on: June 02, 2011, 12:38:34 AM »
> Ah, that's pretty crazy whenever Sakuya does that! Have we ever dueled Sakuya?
> "Okay..." Follow Sakuya.

> You're never going to get used to that.  You've actually never fought her...
> You follow Sakuya down the hall, until you reach a very nice-looking door.  That definitely belongs to someone important; it has a brass knocker and everything.
> The door is not open, but then it sudden opens a crack.  Was that Sakuya's doing again?  She peeks inside and calls out quietly.
> "Miladyyy?"
> You hear grumbling from inside, followed by "What is it, Sakuya?  It is one in the afternoon..."

> _

« Reply #381 on: June 02, 2011, 12:40:01 AM »
> Awkwardly wait for Sakuya to continue speaking. Hopefully Sakuya can get Remilia to agree without trouble...

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #382 on: June 02, 2011, 12:44:20 AM »
> Awkwardly wait for Sakuya to continue speaking. Hopefully Sakuya can get Remilia to agree without trouble...

> This is so awkward...
> "There are some people here to see you about a matter concerning the mansion."
> "At this hour?"
> "Milady, if I may remind you that the majority of Gensokyo's residents are diurnal..."
> Beat.
> "Give me a few minutes, Sakuya."
> Sakuya closes the door and turns back to you.  "Milady will be out in a few minutes."

> _

« Reply #383 on: June 02, 2011, 12:48:12 AM »
> Grimace. "I'm really sorry about this, Sakuya..."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #384 on: June 02, 2011, 12:53:43 AM »
> Grimace. "I'm really sorry about this, Sakuya..."

> "It's fine."
> A few minutes pass, and Remilia emerges from her room fully dressed.  She stares at you and Kogasa, and then folds her hands together.
> "Well?"

> _

« Reply #385 on: June 02, 2011, 12:57:59 AM »
> Better make this as fast as possible, so Remilia has less to be upset about... "I'm sorry for awakening you so early, Miss Scarlet. Remember the Human Village food problem? I talked to Aki Minoriko and Kazami Yuuka about it, and they agreed to help, but Yuuka wants the planning meeting to take place here, tomorrow afternoon."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #386 on: June 02, 2011, 01:05:10 AM »
> Better make this as fast as possible, so Remilia has less to be upset about... "I'm sorry for awakening you so early, Miss Scarlet. Remember the Human Village food problem? I talked to Aki Minoriko and Kazami Yuuka about it, and they agreed to help, but Yuuka wants the planning meeting to take place here, tomorrow afternoon."

> Gotta be fast about this; Remilia already looks a little upset about being woken up so "early"...
> "Yuuka comes into our mansion whenever she pleases, much to our dismay.  Must she insist on doing so once again?  But I digress, Yuuka desires a meeting concerning the Human Village to be held in our mansion," Remilia says a bit flatly.

> _

« Reply #387 on: June 02, 2011, 01:06:35 AM »
> "I tried to reason with her, but she wasn't budging, and I kind of didn't want to risk another laser to the head..."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #388 on: June 02, 2011, 01:12:25 AM »
> "I tried to reason with her, but she wasn't budging, and I kind of didn't want to risk another laser to the head..."

> Remilia doesn't even blink.  "If this meeting is to be held here, I must be present as well.  I have no interest in the Human Village, but this is my mansion."

> _

« Reply #389 on: June 02, 2011, 01:16:42 AM »
> "I don't think anyone would object, but are you sure? It will be in the afternoon..."
> After Remilia's reply: "Also, the village protector, Miss Kamishirasawa, will probably want to attend as well. Is it all right if she does...?"