Author Topic: GOD DAMNIT CHAORE Mafia (A.k.a. Mafia RPG!) - GAME OVER, SCUM WIN.  (Read 54638 times)

Re: GOD DAMNIT CHAORE Mafia (A.k.a. Mafia RPG!) - Day 1
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2011, 08:40:08 PM »
okay what the hell did i wake up to
Not liking Sect very much, as he seems to have surprisingly little solid game-related content. Roleplaying is amusing and all, but when the quality of your fluffiness exceeds the quality of your actual scumhunting, that's rather off. The Bard case was poor, somewhat opportunistic and primarily a mis-rep of a jokevote, and once it was corrected, he left his vote hanging entirely when there should have been enough going on to make a different decision. Sect, is there anybody you would want lynched right now, now that you've unvoted Bard?

kippers is even worse, though, for being guilty of the same sins Sect has (plus a worse wagon jump!) while also wagon-jumping and acting wishy-washy to the extent that I can barely read his posts because they're so bad. Can he summarize his current case and opinions? Because I have no idea what's even going on with him.

##Vote iliekmudkips

This game is pretty headache-y so far, so I don't have much more to say, but uh, while I'm at it: I'm not understanding Pesco's case on Conqueror at all. How is answering questions for kips scummy when we don't know kips' alignment yet? It's not exactly good play, yes, but I don't see why it's scummy as is.

I -do- dislike how Conqueror keeps hammering on kips while hanging onto his Bard vote, though. He'd probably be my third choice for a lynch because of that, and the WIFOM his explanation of the "third on wagon = scum" tell invites does not do him any favors. Conqueror, is Bard really that awful just because he didn't vote you when jokevoting?

Also Schezo, is that Tormod in your avatar?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2011, 08:43:14 PM »
Don't question the mindhax. It's Bard approved :V

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2011, 08:44:47 PM »
Jokevotes shouldn't even BE here. Jokevotes like "haha ##vote hanged hourai for being (insert stupid reason here)" Is even more scummy then anything really. If you want to joke around, please take it somewhere else, this is a serious game.
And yes, Schezo could be scummy or he could not be. There's a 1/12 chance any of us are scum, so how do we determine whos scum and whos not? Hell we dont even know if its a 1/12 chance, for all we know its 3/12. And wishywashingness? Coming from the dude who thinks voting the third person on a BW is a good reason, changes votes every two posts, and accusing everyone else of being scum?
Ok, so what now?  We are all supposed to get a divine premonition on who's scum and who we need to vote before the game even starts?  No, we have to put pressure on places and wait for some actual discussion to take place before we can stop wondering around in the dark.  I really don't know who to choose between you, who took the jokevotes way too seriously and are running a torrent of confusion with your posts not making sense, or Hourai.

Hourai is just helping ilmk and trying to make it seem like he's really pressuring him.  But with crazy off the wall evidence that doesn't even make sense.  Then Hourai doesn't even put a vote to his words, which feels like he's defending ilmk for whatever reason that feels a bit Chensawish.  However we got ilmk just throwing random votes out there when he claims he's against them. 

Both of you took the RVS way too seriously and I'm torn between who to vote for.  I can kinda see where Hourai is coming from with trying to help but feels off.  With Kips wishwashyness it doesn't put him in a good light.  I'm keeping my vote there.

Edit: Cut by huh what.  Why yes it is.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2011, 08:55:28 PM »
I have the strangest feeling I'm going to get lynched. Completely random thought though, totally.
Well, There's not really much for me to say or do at this point in time besides trying to defend my case with an arguement I've already used about three times by now, and I doubt claiming would help in the least, would it? :4

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2011, 08:57:41 PM »
kippers is even worse, though, for being guilty of the same sins Sect has (plus a worse wagon jump!) while also wagon-jumping and acting wishy-washy to the extent that I can barely read his posts because they're so bad. Can he summarize his current case and opinions? Because I have no idea what's even going on with him.
You could start by not ignoring me.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2011, 09:01:50 PM »
My case is point you guys have as much a reason to lynch me as you do for bard. Look at his first two posts. Then look at the rest. He goes from one person to another for the sole purpose of them being the third on a vote, and the rest of his posts are trying to get someone lynched with little to no info, hoping they'll get agitated and slip their tongue like I did.

That sound good?

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2011, 09:06:13 PM »
Are you trying to push Bard as scum? If so, why aren't you voting him?

Though, I disagree with your case regardless. From my PoV, it mainly seems that you're accusing him because of "not me over me" and that you don't actually have much solid backing to think that he's scum (you mainly seem to be dwelling on jokevotes, etc).

Can you give an example of him adding baseless pressure like you're claiming that he has been doing? Because I cannot find anything from him that feels unwarranted.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2011, 09:14:24 PM »
I believe I dont have a way to prove my point, do I? Well, either way.
##Vote:Bardiche

I'm pretty sure thats my final vote. Imma go take a nap.

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2011, 09:19:43 PM »
Those pesky rabbits, with their backstabs 'n their stealings...

And ta answer yer question, huh what, truth be told young Mudkip is so distracting that a dragon could set it's keister behind us 'n we wouldn't have a clue. Now, I don't believe that the boy is rotten, but I'm not so sure that lynchin' him would be such a bad thing ('n my apologies to ye, Mudkip), if it would make things easier for the whole lot of ye. Not a one of you folk strikes me as being the bad type, 'cept for that rotten rabbit with his thievin' ways...

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2011, 09:21:24 PM »
@huh what
I'm not actually pushing Bard, if you see my post, even though I hadn't unvoted him. I don't find anything of what he's done yet to be particularly scummy at all. That said:

##Unvote:Bard
I would put a vote here (maybe for ilmk) but I'd like to hear from more people first.

@Sect
I suck at reading flavor, could you post in plain English perhaps? ^^

Also, I'll stop answering questions for other people.  It's the mod's job, after all. :X

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2011, 09:22:13 PM »
kips, the reason I'm attacking your case so much is because you basically just told everyone on your wagon that they have just as much reason to vote Bard as they do to vote you, and yet you are failing to explain why Bard is worse than you.

Honestly, the best thing you can really do in this kind of situation is provide a good alternative lynch (see me getting lynched in D1 of Sakana's Werewolf game for what happens if you don't). But if the best way you can explain your alternative choice to town is by voting them while admitting you can't actually make your point, you're not exactly going to convince anybody to vote the alternative. The fact that you claimed your vote on Bard is your final choice also shows a lack of effort on your part, and that combined with your inability to actually convincingly lay out your case on him makes me feel that you're not really attempting to do the townie thing and scumhunt properly.

Sect, do you have a posting restriction?

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2011, 09:29:35 PM »
Hourai is just helping ilmk and trying to make it seem like he's really pressuring him.  But with crazy off the wall evidence that doesn't even make sense.  Then Hourai doesn't even put a vote to his words, which feels like he's defending ilmk for whatever reason that feels a bit Chensawish.   

If you're talking about how I gave him advice on how to play the game, I'm scum for wanting people to be better players at mafia? ???

Crazy off the wall? Mountains and molehills, dude.
I wanted an explanation for the reasons behind his vote.

Also, I want to keep my vote open so I don't get tunnel vision like in the last game.
And how am I chainsawing?

*New reply from Kips*

That's it then? You just give up? Your final move is one of absolutely nothing?

Can you even remotely think of anything worthwhile to say anymore?

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2011, 09:42:16 PM »
Sect, do you have a posting restriction?
Not really, just thought I might as well keep to the flavor. Coupled with Kips, though, and it's just really distracting, so I'm gonna cut it out.

All right, I'll just go ahead and recap my thoughts, for the non-fluff literate :P :

I voted for Bard because I didn't really like his voting for the third on a wagon. Not a particularly good reason, I know, but neither was his.

I don't have anyone that I want to vote for, because Kips is so freaking distracting. I don't think Kips is scum, but he's acting so erratically that I honestly think that lynching him would be doing everyone a favor.

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2011, 09:48:06 PM »
Not really, just thought I might as well keep to the flavor.
Ah. I was mainly curious because if you had one it would explain the awkward words:content ratio on your part.

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2011, 09:49:05 PM »
Oh, no, it's because I like vomiting words. Just ask anyone around here.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2011, 10:13:04 PM »
Quote from: Modtopic
neo post a vote count for me i'm lazy
Vote Count- The Second Edition

Iliekmudkips- Schezo, Zakeri, Conqueror, reVelske, Bardiche, Huhwhat
Bardiche- Conqueror, Sect, Iliekmudkips
reVelske]- Zakeri, Bardiche
Conqueror- Bardiche, Pesco
H.Hourai- Golden PX
Huh what- Hanged Hourai
Kitten4u- Pesco

Kitten4u, Hanged Hourai, and Conqueror are not voting. There are 57 hours left in Day 1. iliekmudkips is L-3.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 10:17:07 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2011, 10:14:56 PM »
Whoops, mods missed my unvote: accidentally put a space there. Sorry, Bard.

##Unvote

« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2011, 10:25:13 PM »
This was coming.

##Vote: iliekmudkips

You are too big of a risk to town and your arguments have not made any sense at all the whole game.
Giving up before the day is even halfway through is no way to play the game.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2011, 10:41:16 PM »
Okay, some people have been taking RVS too seriously.

kips: Wow, so you just give up? I'll put my vote on him when the time comes since he's basically a beanbag at this point. Provided nothing to aid town, just some WIFOM.

Hourai: In case you didn't notice, I copypasta'd your post. That was the one I was talking about. Now please move away from kips.

Sect: It was explained that 3rd on wagon is a legitimate reason, although you're accusing him over a joke vote. Thanks for no more flavor, that was completely unreadable. So you're accusing Bard, but no vote on him, and your sole reasoning is over a RVS jokevote.

Conquerer: What about other people?

##Unvote

Please bold whenever you're voting or unvoting

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2011, 10:42:16 PM »
EBWOP:

9. All votes must be bolded and preceded with ##. Same with unvotes.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2011, 10:47:37 PM »
Also, I'll stop answering questions for other people.  It's the mod's job, after all. :X

You answer the questions to everyone else but yourself. Why did you give mudkips an out by suggesting that what I said was a joke.

Vote stays.

« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2011, 10:49:19 PM »
Sorry, forgot the tags when I was unvoting the second time.

##Unvote

« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2011, 10:54:21 PM »
@PX

Why are you targeting me? Why specifically tell me to unvote kips? There are other people voting him if you did not see that.

What makes me special? (other than just being me  :3)

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2011, 11:03:27 PM »
Back from not being able to sleep. :/
Anyways, I'm not giving up, i'm saying my final vote is on bard. As in, I'm not going to unvote and change as I honestly think he's scum. Chances are I'm dead anyways, and claiming vanilla wont really help will it?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2011, 11:04:58 PM »
We've got more than 2 days of time still. Put your backbone in it.

Conqueror

« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2011, 11:05:30 PM »
You answer the questions to everyone else but yourself.

I don't recall missing any questions. Which ones? Point them out and I'll answer them again.

Why did you give mudkips an out by suggesting that what I said was a joke.

Well, my bad for giving him an "out", but I thought questioning him on that little point was a bit silly when there were a host of other legitimate reasons to be questioning him, especially since your first vote didn't seem especially serious.

Conquerer: What about other people?

I want to hear more about other people, not just ilmk. The way the convo is going, everyone, including scum, can just criticize ilmk whlie flying under the radar themselves. Anyway, I'd like to at least hear more from Kitten4u and Zakeri before the day is over.

I'll post more later when I have more thoughts on the matter.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2011, 11:11:36 PM »
@ Conqueror: I'd talk more about other people if there was more to say about them.

You and Sect (my other two suspects) still aren't actually placing a serious vote down on anybody, so it's a little hard to get a read on either of you. Though I suppose it could be said that that's scummy in itself. Please do something.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2011, 11:11:57 PM »
I want to hear more about other people, not just ilmk. The way the convo is going, everyone, including scum, can just criticize ilmk whlie flying under the radar themselves. Anyway, I'd like to at least hear more from Kitten4u and Zakeri before the day is over.

Sounds like you already clearing mudkips as town.

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2011, 11:20:46 PM »
I post then decide to change my vote immediately after posting it way too much.

##Unvote
##Vote Conqueror
Beyond what has already been said, you have been dancing around getting a serious vote out for way too long. All you have been doing is talking about kips while keeping a jokevote down on Bard, and when PX nudged you to talk about people other than kips, you redirected the question towards everyone else while not actually answering it yourself. The following pressure on lurkers is not actual pressure and does not actually count as opinions on people other than kips. Stop trying to put off contributing.

I think this is worse than kippers' wishy-washiness and convictionless vote since at least kips' actions could possibly be interpreted as having town intent, although I'm not exactly clearing him.

Conqueror

« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2011, 12:05:53 AM »
Sounds like you already clearing mudkips as town.
No, I'm not saying anything like that. Read again.

The following pressure on lurkers is not actual pressure and does not actually count as opinions on people other than kips. Stop trying to put off contributing.
Before your unvote, kips was at L-2. If I voted for him, that would put him at L-1. Anyone could easily hammer that and the day would end just like that. Lynching kips is fun and all that, but wouldn't it be more useful for town to get some information about other people first? But since it seems to bother you so much, I guess I'll put my money where my mouth is. How's that for pressure? L-2 again.
##Vote iliekmudkips

When PX nudged you to talk about people other than kips, you redirected the question towards everyone else while not actually answering it yourself.
I'd talk more about other people if there was more to say about them.
^^This, and also I didn't realize the question was specifically aimed at me - I thought he was just asking for a clarification. I don't really have any strong opinions about anyone yet; this game is a null-tell for me so far. Quick notes on my thoughts:

Sect - Joke(?) vote on Bard which he later withdrew. Otherwise, his opinion is best summarized by "I don't think Kips is scum, but he's acting so erratically that I honestly think that lynching him would be doing everyone a favor." Not sure what to think about this, but judging from what other people have said, they may have this rationale too.
ilmk - A mess of opinions and emotions. Keeps holding to a vote on Bard despite not really having any reasoning behind it. Seems to be making one point but then backtracks and claims another point. However, claims to be a relative newbie at the game. I hope to see more posts from him that I can actually understand.
Hourai - Seems to be tsundere towards mudkips, alternatively trying to help him and pressure him. But anyone could do that.
Bard - Doing his typical thing, it looks like, based on what I've seen from previous games.
PX - A strange joke(?) vote for Hourai based on a stupid post Hourai made, but unvotes later. Has been asking questions, but nothing too serious or deep.
Pesco - Keeps pestering me about kips, but doesn't give his own opinion on kips.
huh what - Seems to be doing a good job pressuring people and asking questions. Well what can I say.

I know, I know, not much in the way of in-depth analysis there. But I'm not getting any reads so far, which is why I'm asking for more posts from other people. Can't say much about the others, as they don't have enough posts for me to go on.

If you want me to elaborate on any of the above, I can do that later