Author Topic: GOD DAMNIT CHAORE Mafia (A.k.a. Mafia RPG!) - GAME OVER, SCUM WIN.  (Read 54629 times)

Re: GOD DAMNIT CHAORE Mafia (A.k.a. Mafia RPG!) - Day 1
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 05:29:04 PM »
Now, now, why don't we all just settle down? That young'un Mudkip is just new to all of this, I ken tell: that username the tyke has is sumthin' he came up with when he got on his elder brother's account, and the spiky hair 'n unwieldy blade is jest sumthin' that he saw off one of them "JRPGs". If someone could just tell him that he ken get to that equipment screen by pressing "I", then "Tab", then type "Material Wealth", followed by a few strikes of the "F5" button...

Now that Bardiche, on the other hand, he's rather suspect in these ol' eyes. Makin' accusations, then withdrawin' them and accusin' that who called him out.

That, and he only brought back eight of the ten bear asses that I asked for, expecting compensation. This recipe's one that been passed down since my father's time, and his father's time, and it's always been ten bear asses!

## Vote: Bardiche

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 05:30:06 PM »
Vote Count- The First Campaign!

Iliekmudkips- Schezo, Zakeri, Conqueror, reVelske
Huh what- Hanged Hourai
reVelske]- Zakeri, Bardiche
Bardiche- Conqueror, Sect
Conqueror- Bardiche
Kitten4u- Pesco

4 Players are not voting. There are 62 hours left in Day 1.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 05:56:12 PM »
I love how you say that just when I'm posting.

##Vote:Bardiche I'm sure as hell not going to vote myself, ya know. And btw pescos cat is looking scummy. No, srsly, it needs a bath.

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
*facepalm*

Danggit Kips, just why?

Why are you voting Bard? What reasoning do you have? We know you aren't going to vote for yourself. Why make yourself third on the wagon when you've seen that people make a big deal out of it? We need to see reasoning here.

And please, give me more of your opinions on Kitte[Z]4U

##Unvote
You better step up your game soon, bro.

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2011, 06:32:51 PM »
Also, Conqueror,

Do you have any prior experience playing Mafia?
I'm simply curious.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2011, 06:44:30 PM »
##unvote

Well, you are right, But there is really no one to vote for without making myself seem scummy, and with a bandwagon on me... that vote was pretty damned stupid.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2011, 06:52:14 PM »
How experienced are you with Mafia, iliekmudkips?

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2011, 06:53:46 PM »
Mudkip, son, let me give you a tip: think before doing anything, and when you do it, stick to yer crossbows. That sort of wishy-washy attitude's gunna get yerself in a party wipe while fightin' that Dark God of the Sorrowful Sigmatism, Yog-Sissasusliss, especially if ye don't have a hearty helping of me famous stew. Provided, of course, ye get me them the ingredients I require.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2011, 06:54:42 PM »
I've played one or two forum games, just the standard mafia. And those were about a year ago.

I'd say I'm pretty damned rusty >.>

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2011, 06:55:40 PM »
Sect; more accurately, I'm voting the one who really was third on the wagon. After he so elegantly pointed it out to me (and voted me for missing a count, lol), I thought it would be nothing short of civil to correct myself and place my vote appropriately.

How is this "accusing who called me out"?

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2011, 06:56:10 PM »
Kips,

You need to ask questions, form theories with reasoning, and follow through on what you do.

Also, avoiding questions is bad.

And please, give me more of your opinions on Kitte[Z]4U

What was up with throwing out a random scum accusation?
Trying to spread chaos is what scum does. Why in the world do you just blurt out something like that?

------

Sect, just curious, what's your mafia experience?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2011, 07:05:32 PM »
Asking questions? Well sure.
Why are you giving advice to someone with little-to-no experience at all, when you could just hop on the bandwagon and vote me? And why are you helping someone who has a one in 1/12 chance of killing you and just playing the newbie act? Or how do you know I'm not some PR? And how do I know you arent just trying to get me on your side whilst you could be scum?

Bardiche

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 07:11:54 PM »
Hourai, are you seriously trying to push a blatant misrepresentation like that so hard?

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2011, 07:19:28 PM »
@Bardiche
Well, how civil of you. :)

@ilmk
##Vote:Bardiche I'm sure as hell not going to vote myself, ya know.
But why did you suddenly vote Bard when you could have voted anyone else?

@Hourai
I've played a few forum games and quite a few in-person games (but those are pretty different from forum-style Mafia). I also used to lurk the hell out of Mafiascum, but I never joined a game there because I wasn't able to make the time commitment. Actually, Mafiascum is where I first saw Zakeri and Pesco.

Also, I was a bit confused until I realized that "Pesco's Cat" was Kitten4u.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2011, 07:22:43 PM »
##VOTE: ReVelske

Third on the wagon is always scum.

So you're saying you're scum? Well, we've got our lynch for the day, people.

##UNVOTE
##Vote: Conqueror

That answer your question? Well, In his first two posts, He votes, unvotes, then votes again, with a stupid reason or no reason. If anything right now Schezo's scum for lurking/first post, but then again, he might not even be on sooo....

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2011, 07:23:53 PM »
1.Why are you giving advice to someone with little-to-no experience at all, when you could just hop on the bandwagon and vote me?
2. And why are you helping someone who has a one in 1/12 chance of killing you and just playing the newbie act?
3. Or how do you know I'm not some PR?
4.And how do I know you arent just trying to get me on your side whilst you could be scum?

1. This is a game. The goal is to play to win and play to have fun. I want you to be better for everyone's sake. If I make you good now, then in future games, I won't have to facepalm whenever you post.

2. You want me to vote you? Sure. What I did though, was give you the basics of how to play the game.

3. I don't.

4. You don't. You need to decide for yourself and play the game.

---------

@Bard
I want this guy to be aware that his actions and words have consequences. So yes, but I don't find it damning in his case. I'm willing to give a newb pass to him this one time. The kid reminds me of me.

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »
The headache continues.

Kips, the first post of D1 is not scummy enough to convict someone of scumliness.
What about our other 3 players who haven't even checked in since confirmation?

Conqueror

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2011, 07:27:19 PM »
Asking questions? Well sure.
Why are you giving advice to someone with little-to-no experience at all, when you could just hop on the bandwagon and vote me? And why are you helping someone who has a one in 1/12 chance of killing you and just playing the newbie act? Or how do you know I'm not some PR? And how do I know you arent just trying to get me on your side whilst you could be scum?

I don't understand this post.

That answer your question? Well, In his first two posts, He votes, unvotes, then votes again, with a stupid reason or no reason. If anything right now Schezo's scum for lurking/first post, but then again, he might not even be on sooo....

There are few votes currently out there with a good reason backing them. My "reasons for voting" are just as bad as his.

What was up with throwing out a random scum accusation?
Trying to spread chaos is what scum does. Why in the world do you just blurt out something like that?

I'm pretty sure Mudkips there was continuing Pesco's little joke. I'm not sure why you're taking it so seriously.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2011, 07:30:11 PM »
Hmmm.
Well, nice way to put it bluntly. All my newbish/rustyness aside, I brought sect those last two bear asses he wanted. At the cost of my pinky toe.

And god damn I always hate first day in mafia.
The headache continues.

Kips, the first post of D1 is not scummy enough to convict someone of scumliness.
What about our other 3 players who haven't even checked in since confirmation?

Well, I'm not convicting anyone as scum yet. I'm just saying that bard voting for the third person on a BW is about as smart as voting for someone for first post and a random vote.

Bardiche

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2011, 07:34:38 PM »
##Unvote

I am now refining my vote into a serious vote. ##Vote: Iliekmudkips

Jokevotes are over. Trying to play the WIFOM game with Hourai's intentions, postulating that you might be scum, saying Schezo is scummy BUT HE COULD ALSO NOT BE. I don't care if you're trying to build a case off of the worst reasoning since jokevotes, but the wishywashiness and flipflopping is harmful to town, and therefore scummy.

Cut by iliekmudkips: third on the wagon is always scum is a fantastic reason to vote what are you talking about. Go scumhunt instead of pretending you're Magikarp.

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2011, 07:39:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure Mudkips there was continuing Pesco's little joke. I'm not sure why you're taking it so seriously.

I'm not the best at judging joking/sarcasm on the internet.
But what is interesting is that he never responded to say, "That was a joke." whenever I asked him about it. That's what I was waiting for when I was asking.

@Bard, Question:

What is the third on wagon=scum? Is this an actual strategy, or is it a joke?
Quote from: me
I'm not the best at judging joking/sarcasm on the internet.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2011, 07:40:09 PM »
*facepalm*

Danggit Hourai, just why?

Why are you asking Kips for an opinion on a person who has made ZERO posts? What reasoning do you have? We know things aren't that serious in RVS phase. Why are you acting like Doll from last game?! We need to see reasoning here.

And please, tell me what was going through your mind when you were typing that post

##Vote: Hanged Hourai
You better step up your game soon, bro. (lol, really?)

EDIT: Warning - while you were typing 6 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »
##Unvote

I am now refining my vote into a serious vote. ##Vote: Iliekmudkips

Jokevotes are over. Trying to play the WIFOM game with Hourai's intentions, postulating that you might be scum, saying Schezo is scummy BUT HE COULD ALSO NOT BE. I don't care if you're trying to build a case off of the worst reasoning since jokevotes, but the wishywashiness and flipflopping is harmful to town, and therefore scummy.

Cut by iliekmudkips: third on the wagon is always scum is a fantastic reason to vote what are you talking about. Go scumhunt instead of pretending you're Magikarp.

Jokevotes shouldn't even BE here. Jokevotes like "haha ##vote hanged hourai for being (insert stupid reason here)" Is even more scummy then anything really. If you want to joke around, please take it somewhere else, this is a serious game.
And yes, Schezo could be scummy or he could not be. There's a 1/12 chance any of us are scum, so how do we determine whos scum and whos not? Hell we dont even know if its a 1/12 chance, for all we know its 3/12. And wishywashingness? Coming from the dude who thinks voting the third person on a BW is a good reason, changes votes every two posts, and accusing everyone else of being scum?

Conqueror

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2011, 07:47:52 PM »
@Bard, Question:

What is the third on wagon=scum? Is this an actual strategy, or is it a joke?

It's a classic scumtell. It shouldn't be used as an actual voting strategy, per se, but it's a idea that does make some sense and sometimes does catch the mafia. Of course, once something becomes known as a scumtell, Mafia avoid it like the plague, so...
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Scumtells#Examples:

Jokevotes shouldn't even BE here. Jokevotes like "haha ##vote hanged hourai for being (insert stupid reason here)" Is even more scummy then anything really. If you want to joke around, please take it somewhere else, this is a serious game.
And yes, Schezo could be scummy or he could not be. There's a 1/12 chance any of us are scum, so how do we determine whos scum and whos not? Hell we dont even know if its a 1/12 chance, for all we know its 3/12. And wishywashingness? Coming from the dude who thinks voting the third person on a BW is a good reason, changes votes every two posts, and accusing everyone else of being scum?

Oh god why this post.
Jokevotes always happen on the first day. It's how things get started, with RVS, before someone slips up or gets heated up and actual arguments start coming out. Like what is happening with you right now.

Also, please don't play probability games.

Bardiche

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2011, 07:52:14 PM »
iliekmudkips: ... we determine by scumhunting. And yes, wishywashiness. Going "Schezo could be scum OR NOT" doesn't serve anyone any bit. Nor does questioning how we determine who is scummy.

Are you actually going to make an effort to scumhunt, or just flail around?

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2011, 08:00:10 PM »
Why are you asking Kips for an opinion on a person who has made ZERO posts? What reasoning do you have? We know things aren't that serious in RVS phase. Why are you acting like Doll from last game?! We need to see reasoning here.

Because, what he is doing will not accomplish anything at all, and will hurt town later on. Focusing on nothing will result in nothing. And I have been giving my reasoning.

And please, tell me what was going through your mind when you were typing that post

Which post? You said at the end there were new replies.

Oh yeah, I also think it's cute how you ignore Kips completely, not minding his actions at all. =]

You better step up your game soon, bro. (lol, really?)
That's my thing! >:<

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2011, 08:02:07 PM »
Mudkip, ye need to settle down, son; all them Mountain Dews and Gamer Fuels are makin' ye all jumpity and uppity. Yer startin' to dig yerself inta a hole with yer raid party: if yer one of 'em evil brigands then yer not doing a very good job of hidin' it, and if yer a goodly sort then yer jes' bein' detrimental to yer own side. At this rate, ye won't be slayin' any kobolds, much less the legions of the damned.

I do thank ye for bringin' those ingredients for me, though. Perhaps a bowl of me stew'll settle yer nerves.

As fer ye, Bardiche, I'm afraid that I don't quite tuck with the whole "third person is scum" logic, 'specially when ye choose the wrong player. That said, though, I'mma just gonna 'ssume that's just a sad side effect of partyin' with them "hardcore" raid guilds. So, I'll just go ahead 'n ## Unvote ye fer now.

Now, since you boys brought me the ten bear asses that I needed, I'll just mark ye off as completin' me quest. Too bad that you'll hafta share the reward, though: I'll be nice 'n sweeten the pot fer ye two.

Bardiche and iliekmudkips gain 20 EXP! Bardiche and iliekmudkips gain 10 gold pieces!

Choose your reward!: [Rusty Longsword]; [Moth Eaten Loincloth]; [Ring of Thanatopic Doom +5]

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »
Dips on the ring of whatever he has. :/
It sounds much cooler then a rusty sword and a damned loincloth.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2011, 08:12:50 PM »

Why are you answering mudkips questions for him?

##Unvote
##Vote Conqueror
##Backstab Sect
##Steal Ring of Thanatopic Doom +5

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2011, 08:27:45 PM »

What. Exaggerate much? He was just referring to Kip's accusation on Schezo for being scummy by being the first to post and lurking afterwards. Don't see what's so hard to understand.

And vote on Kips isn't changing.