Author Topic: Bardiche's Vanilla Mafia Thread (FORK > SPOON, Mafia win)  (Read 31098 times)

Re: Bardiche's Vanilla Mafia Thread (Day 1 has begun)
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 03:02:28 AM »
That's supposed to say just as serious. I cannot type, wow.

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 03:04:04 AM »
Just pointing out that you didn't answer Zakeri's question either. Did you completely miss his post?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 03:08:23 AM »
Zak's question, yeah I kind of forgot. Answer:RVS shenanigans. It doesn't follow logically and wasn't supposed to.

Huhwhat's question:Zak was being fakesrs-getting-out-of-rvs or w/e. You seemed to actually be doing it more in a manner that made me look genuinely bad over rvs shenanigans, so I thought voting you was better then a randomvote. Or, well, my previous vote wasn't completely random (That could totally be a scumslip Affinity made, although it probably isn't, regardless of his alignment), but you know.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2010, 03:11:31 AM »
Huh, what? I really don't see the difference in what Zak is doing from what I am doing, though I suspect this may just be because of the way I'm reading his post. And I don't see what's wrong with pointing out something in a RVS post that I consider "genuinely bad", unless you are accusing me of trying to portray you in a negative light.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 03:17:42 AM »
unless you are accusing me of trying to portray you in a negative light.
yessir
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 03:22:58 AM »
Blar. On further rereading, I'd rather my vote be parked on Serela right now. As I interpret it, he is essentially voting me for pointing out something bad that he did, which is ridiculous in itself. I also don't like him suggesting that what Affinity said could be a scum slip then immediately going back on it. If it probably is not a scum slip, why suggest it could be? He is essentially promoting paranoia over Affinity's post. Also note that the notion of Affinity superbussing is pretty much ridiculous because it would require there to be 3 scum.

##Unvote
##Vote NeoSerela

Ninja'd by Serela. I honestly don't agree with you, because of course I'm going to point out something about you that seems bad if I see it, and I am afraid I do not see what about my action comes across more as an attempt of me as scum trying to set up a Serela lynch rather than just me pointing out something I dislike about a post, which it actually was.

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 03:29:43 AM »
Looking at this exchange I want to say that Serela needs to not suck during RVS. We get that it's supposed to be a nonsense phase, but can't you at least be logically nonsensical? ???
I mean, even if the reasoning sucks, at least follow a coherent line of thought instead of posting randomly and relying on the RVS excuse to cover it up.

Cut by huh what and I agree the point on Serela's paranoia around Affinity. Nothing wrong with keeping my vote, I guess.

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 03:31:50 AM »
Also, question for mod.

7) Nights last 24 hours. I may decide on a whim to shorten these if all night actions are in, but I do not guarantee it.
This is making me a little worried. If it's vanilla mafia, shouldn't there only be one night action?

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 04:54:45 AM »
Protip: As clandestine members of SPOON, please do not include "Secret Agent Man" as one of your jaunty tunes to be sung in the streets.

---
CO-MOD'S VOTECOUNT:

NeoSerela (3): Polly, Zakeri, huh what
huh what (2): NeoSerela, PX, NeoSerela
PX (1): PX, huh what, Affinity
Affinity (0): NeoSerela
Bardiche (0): Zakeri

Not voting: Inaba Tewi, Solf J. Kimblee, Nobua

NeoSerela is at L-2

Don't forget to ##Unvote people when changing your votes. I let Zakeri's go by because his vote before that was on the mod.

There are under 43 hours left in the day.

Also, question for mod.
This is making me a little worried. If it's vanilla mafia, shouldn't there only be one night action?

Yes, there is only one night action in a vanilla game, the Scum NK. And all you Townies are POWERLESS TO STOP IT TONIGHT!!! Wallow in despair!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:16:13 AM by Kiro »

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 05:02:28 AM »
Serela is still voting me. He took his vote off to revote me when he made it serious.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 05:07:55 AM »
Serela is still voting me. He took his vote off to revote me when he made it serious.

Just realized I fouled up the votecount in more spots than that. Sec.

Should be all fixed now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:17:56 AM by Kiro »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 05:49:34 AM »
##Vote Kiro

Pink does not suit you. In fact I want to take Godmother away from you for that. And FPMH.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 06:06:39 AM »
There's scumhunting to do, so chop chop!

Re: Huhwhat - With what little experience I've had of his play (i.e. Sakana's Werewolf game), he seems to get srs bsns sooner than others, and ends up drawing a bunch of flak for criticizing people RVS/jokevotes excessively as Town. So I consider his activity nulltells, and not feeling a vote on him right now.

Serela: As satisfying it would be to hang you from a tree after the last game >>;, I can actually see why you have issue with huhwhat in #32. Not feeling a vote on you either.

That said,

##Vote: Polly

I really, really dislike this post, #36. Criticizing someone for 'sucking at RVS'?  Though, what bothered me more was the "Nothing wrong with keeping my vote, I guess" justification to turning your vote serious, which is very non-committal and sounds more like you're just leaving your vote on Neo because a bandwagon convieniently sprung up on him.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2010, 06:07:00 AM »
Derp.

##Vote: Polly

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2010, 06:23:31 AM »
Pesco: Um, really? We have serious votes on the table and you're voting the co-mod? If you disagree with the current cases and consider them to be frivolous, the least you could do would be to state that. :|

Nobu: Personally not seeing the non-commital point on Polly. He did at least try to state his reasons for turning his vote serious, even if they were fairly awkward, and note his agreement with what had already been stated. It's not an especially good wagon hop or anything, but I think you might be overexaggerating his post a little, so better clarification on why it comes off so non-commital would be appreciated.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2010, 06:25:39 AM »
You guys post too much.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2010, 06:32:29 AM »
so better clarification on why it comes off so non-commital would be appreciated.

Nothing wrong with keeping my vote, I guess.

Better?

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2010, 09:53:43 AM »
huhwhat is defending other people which is uncalled for!  Again!  Especially since Polly was voting for the other party!  Chensaw!  Love and joy!

##Unvote
##Vote: huhwhat

Why do you love Polly when you guys hardly know each other?

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2010, 01:59:57 PM »
Quote from: NeoSerela 32
...wasn't supposed to.
That actually didn't occur to me until I went to bed. Still, the whole posts seems scummy, even with the excuse of you getting way too into RVS.

I'm keeping my vote however. Huhwhat gives a legitimate opinion on who he thinks is scum, and the target is voting Huhwhat for "putting a negative spin on their action." That line of thinking only works if the action in question can be put into a positive light, which I don't see. NeoSerela is voting with the most serious looking OMGUS vote I have ever seen. That's the combination of self-preservation and poor logic one should expect from floundering scum.

Polly's post says nothing and means nothing. It also just parrots huhwh-oh, wait, parrot. A ha ha, I get it.

@Affinity: Defending and Asking someone to clarify their case are not the same thing, Affinity.

Quote from: Pesco 45
You guys post too much.
You're not allowed to say that until page 5.

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2010, 02:07:32 PM »
Edit:
Still, the whole posts seems scummy, even with the excuse of you getting way too into RVS.

To clarify, the post (23) is too random, and filled with such anti-logic that nearly everyone who takes a look at it will find at least one thing wrong with it. You're voting on the principle that huhwhat should not have been able to find anything wrong with it, when two people within fifteen minutes of posting it have found two different things they felt needed pointing out. Even worse, you're voting huhwhat because his prod was the more likely of the two to stick to you, rather than me for voting based on poor reasoning.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2010, 02:25:34 PM »
It's always better to let the person the statement was intended for to ask and answer the questions. 

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2010, 05:29:46 PM »
Affinity: Uh, how is that a chainsaw? I'm not attacking Nobu for the vote, I'm asking him for clarification on his accusation of Polly being "non-commital" since I did not really see that. I wasn't even defending Polly, it just seems odd to me that Nobu is stressing what seems to be a semantics issue as the main point of his case, while leaving the actual bad wagon jump as a secondary reason for voting.

IBakaChan

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2010, 05:58:27 PM »
Just popping in to let y'all know I'm still alive.

Gentlemen.
You speak of this thing called "Logic". Though I don't see this "Logic" in arguing over something meant as a joke. Unless this argument isn't a real argument. But what do I know, I have no clue on what goes on in everyones heads.
Because if I did, then I wouldn't be sitting here trying to figure this out.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2010, 06:20:11 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote Kimblee

Interesting posts have been made. I think you could do a lot better than that. HW and Neo have posted enough times for you to draw some idea about them. Let's see a stance on it. Zak's been pretty clear. What about his logic are you not seeing?

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote Pesco
This is not to say I don't still feel bad about Serela, but um wow. You just voted a player for not taking a stance on an argument that you yourself have not yet taken a stance on. Blatant hypocrisy right there. Combine this with how you were clearly around earlier to provide one and you just look opportunistic, as if you were waiting around for an easy target to jump on.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2010, 06:31:15 PM »
I did take a stance

You guys post too much.

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2010, 06:34:21 PM »
Not a proper one that actually contributes to the discussion. Be honest, if Solf had said that and proceeded not to vote anyone or state her suspicions, wouldn't your vote still be on her for not taking a stance?

Also, I'm mildly irritated at PX for making a self-vote, switching to me and then disappearing completely. Shouldn't he have had the time to come back with something worthwhile by now? Ugh.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2010, 06:54:03 PM »
Depends how she says it. There's no point in entertaining the what-if when her post this far into srsbsns (as you were taking it) is so lacking.

And chainsaws.

IBakaChan

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2010, 07:00:53 PM »
Interesting posts have been made. I think you could do a lot better than that. HW and Neo have posted enough times for you to draw some idea about them. Let's see a stance on it. Zak's been pretty clear. What about his logic are you not seeing?

You think I could, but you're probably wrong about that. I'm thinking, and I'd like to have a proper argument and something that will actually contribute.
This contradicts my first post. However, I posted it just to let you know that I hadn't ditched you.

While Zakeri did also participate in said argument(And pretty much everyone else), I didn't mean exactly him, nor really anyone else in particular.
What strikes me as illogical is the arguing itself. Which is still over something that is a joke.

I'll think about this over the night.

Also; Don't overestimate me, I'm half your age and you shouldn't expect me to be as skilled as you.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2010, 07:09:52 PM »
Also; Don't overestimate me, I'm half your age and you shouldn't expect me to be as skilled as you.

Die :V

Doesn't matter how old or young you claim to be. That's still no excuse.

Getting into the game is when someone takes a joke too seriously. Who reads to you as taking things too seriously and who reads as not taking anything seriously?