Author Topic: Bardiche's Vanilla Mafia Thread (FORK > SPOON, Mafia win)  (Read 31100 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Bardiche's Vanilla Mafia Thread (FORK > SPOON, Mafia win)
« Reply #210 on: November 05, 2010, 06:43:04 PM »
In a game with little activity, killing the talkers is an excellent gameplan.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #211 on: November 05, 2010, 06:48:48 PM »
More curious about why I was killed over someone 'obvtown' like Huh what or Zakeri
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2010, 06:58:26 PM »
Kudos to scum indeed. They're lucky Rou took Kimblee's spot; I don't think the victory would've been this easy otherwise.

Kudos to Pesco for figuring out the scum team pretty early. He declared from the start Kimblee was scum, and he was!

This is another lesson to Town that they really must actively participate in the game and force Scum to post more so they have opportunities to slip up. There wasn't a single day that passed without Kiro or I sending mod prods, and in that regard I have to say, Son, I am disappoint.

It's a testament, though, that role-crazy games seem to have less difficulty keeping people interested; it's a shame, I think that if discussion was more heated, then it'd have been a lot more difficult for scum to maintain their flawless victory. Rou in particular was in danger as many people correctly thought he was being scummy; at one point I think someone said ROu was acting scummy, but used Meta to dismiss that idea.

I chuckled.

GG to all, though.

« Reply #213 on: November 05, 2010, 09:20:24 PM »
Oh ffs Serela.

More curious about why I was killed over someone 'obvtown' like Huh what or Zakeri
You're better than me at this game tbh :s

« Reply #214 on: November 05, 2010, 09:22:23 PM »
The thing about NeoSerela I posted wasn't just about "Being confused =obvtown". It was the fact that it was Genuine confusion. The kind that you can't, or won't attempt to mimic. The kind of confusion HW and Rou both dismissed was the typical "I'm pretending I don't know who town already is, so null read on x, y, and z." But what NeoSerela was demonstrating was the useless, talking-in-circles, scum-would-instantly-delete-the-entire-post-when-they-proof-read-it-to-make-sure-they-didn't-out-themselves kind of bad logic. The post I'm talking about is honestly NeoSerela going "Well, the shape is round, and the hole I'm suppose to fit it in is round, but I'm not sure how it would exactly fit together if I were to try and put the shape into the hole." And the only missing connection I saw in that post was that He didn't have enough experience to be able to look at a person's past actions, and say "Okay, this furthers the potential scum agenda, ergo, this is a reason why you should be voted for."

Congrats on a game well-played, scumteam. I still hold out hope for a SPORK alliance however.

So I ended up the NK because I talk to much, basically? :V

I couldn't figure out what you were referring to here. >_o

-Like I said, there is no common political ground between two parties who want to kill each other. Well, unless you count NeoSerela and Huhwhat.
-I didn't know why you ended up the nightkill to be honest, since Rou just suddenly came in and suspected it was since he made the case on huhwhat. In hindsight, I think you were a much better kill than HW could have been.
-It refers to the previous post in the topic, where I quoted PX going "If Zak is scum, I'll be scared." I didn't realize you actually said that first and PX Copied you.

Quote from: Slabes
My guess is Zakeri (definitely) and Serela for now. The jump on pesco was so sudden and misdirected that I was shocked when I woke up to it. I even thought that pesco was playing *well*.
Why did nobody else catch this? I threw my full weight behind the Pesco lynch (Well, as much as I was could throw) as a complete obvlynch, and when he came up town, no one even bothered to glance in my direction. Despite the fact that I know Pesco's meta well enough to know that as town I would want to keep him around more than, say, someone who was lurking or waffling on opinions.

A major problem this game was that people couldn't stop thinking about scumpairs, the obvious two people to lynch. Even if you've got a scumpair in mind, it's always a bad idea to mention it unless one of the two in the scumpair are dead and have flipped scum. Even throwing around accusations of "Chainsaw attacks" and other suspected scumminess between two living players. The reason why you should avoid this, is because if you're wrong, then town paints themselves into a corner like they did today, where "If they lynch this guy and he flips scum, then lynch this guy who'll flip town, but of the other scum is lynched and flip, then we'll lynch this other guy who will flip town." Once a townie starts thinking in terms like that, it's just a snowball down a hill call "Scum Victory." This is a large reason why the game ended with both scum alive and had lylo decided between two town wagons.

And finally, it's important for anyone playing a game to be able to state their convictions as if they were actually convictions. This is mainly the reason why HW and Rou were both voting NeoSerela, even after the whole asspull I went through to try and prove he was town. The ability to say something like you believe in will help people think that you're a townie who doesn't know better. This is true whether you're town or scum, or third party. I gave this advice on day 2, and I was disappointed when only one person even referenced it the rest of the game.
When the most town looking person gives you advice on how to look town, you listen to that advice.
When the most town looking person is scum, you double listen to that advice.

Re: Bardiche's Vanilla Mafia Thread (Day 3: Scum lay low for LYLO)
« Reply #215 on: November 05, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »
Assuming it isn't something radically different like Roukan + Zakeri in which case well played, you two. :V

:V

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #216 on: November 05, 2010, 10:38:13 PM »
Zakeri, be my mentor <3

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #217 on: November 06, 2010, 12:08:08 AM »
Interesting game.  Typically, Vanilla Mafia takes a lot of skill and patience for town to win, and with all the experienced people being scum, I think it was a very hard battle for town.  Nobu, while good, fell into the trap of newbie hunting and huhwhat basically (good D3 though) had his scumhunting principles wrong and Serela was all OMGUS.  PX and Polly seem to have improved a little bit through this game though ,and I think they could be even better in the next few.

One thing I could not understand at all was why pesco was being lynched on D1 precisely for voting Kimbalee as a 'prodvote'.  His posts against huhwhat were mostly solid, and I actually had to double check whether it was pesco playing because I didn't know he could do that well.  I suppose the tone of voice thing > waffling, which should not have been the case.  Also, towards the end of the game, looking for scumpairs when both scum are living is a no-no, as Zakeri has said before.  It's like hoping for a running straight in Poker.  Pretty much all scum have to do is to talk badly about each other or pretend to vote each other and they'll avoid the discussion.  It's always best to lynch scum one at a time, especially in Vanilla Mafia.

Good job for FORK having a monopoly on content posts and being all around solid on first appearance.  Zakeri looked suspicious for his Kimbalee waffle at the end of the day (a little bit) and Roukanken's posts were strange, but both bounced off each other well quite legitimately. 

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #218 on: November 06, 2010, 12:33:25 AM »
I'll say it again, Zak hit upon my weakness for Puyo Puyo Fever style art. How am I supposed to suspect someone with an avatar so adorable ;_;

But really.. yeah, I was facepalming hard after I got NKed, because I knew I hadn't put Zakeri under closer scrutiny like I should have done. I was too much on the defensive for D1, and I couldn't do much at all for a good chunk of D2 because last weekend was Halloween party + anime convention. And I might have been a little more leery about suspecting the "star townie" after the last game with me suspecting Purvis!Kilga.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #219 on: November 06, 2010, 12:35:52 AM »
That at least explains where everyone went.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2010, 12:38:36 AM »
I'm pretty sure I was the only one of your players that went to said anime con, so not completely. :derp: Still, holiday weekends tend to be busier than most. I would have really liked to post in the early game, but fuck making substantial Mafier posts on a phone, ESPECIALLY if you want to quote or link anything.

« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2010, 01:02:31 AM »
(good D3 though)
Would like elaboration on this so I know what I'm doing right for the future, as I personally thought I did fairly poorly D3 from my maybe two posts.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2010, 01:21:50 AM »
You did look at Zakeri for all the right reasons, and if the game did not have newbies distracting town left and right, I think you would have gotten on him pretty nicely.  The vote on Serela before going to school was a little eh, but other than that it was a good look at an 'obvtown' that sadly, no townie really wanted to follow.

« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2010, 01:55:31 AM »
Even though Huhwhat caught me red handed, I didn't feel any pressure. I felt like I had it too easy, and in truth, I did. Even though he caught me, and made a case, I had nothing to worry about because he relegated his case to the backburner as if he was certain we would have another day to discuss it. It was the first time anyone all game has given me any sort of pressure, and it wasn't even going to be put into any use until after the game had ended. That's why it's always to address new stuff first - because the old stuff has already been addressed and no new information could come out of it.

You made an excellent first step. The problem has that it never went past that first step.

I'll say it again, Zak hit upon my weakness for Puyo Puyo Fever style art. How am I supposed to suspect someone with an avatar so adorable ;_;

Nya!
Nya ha ha!
Be of ...
Good Cheer!

Cat's walk!
Possessed Fairy~
Vengeful Cannibal Spirit!
Small demon's revival!
Blazing Wheel!

9xChain!

FFMaster

• worst mafia player ever
    • FFH
« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2010, 02:22:24 AM »
I kept saying that Zakeri was mafia since he survived N1. I guess I was right... gogo learning the good players from Bro.