Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 8)  (Read 51219 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 8)
« Reply #660 on: March 22, 2014, 12:26:37 PM »
>Explore the mansion.

> You're not near the mansion right now.  However, you can see it over the tops of the trees.  Intent on exploring it, you start flying towards it.
> As you do so, you notice that some of the ghosts are following you.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #661 on: March 22, 2014, 03:25:17 PM »
>Look back at the gaggle of ghosts. Do we notice anything interesting about them?
>"Hey, you guys know where the princess or her gardener is?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #662 on: March 22, 2014, 03:38:58 PM »
>Look back at the gaggle of ghosts. Do we notice anything interesting about them?
>"Hey, you guys know where the princess or her gardener is?"

> You examine the ghosts.  They're all generics and impossible to tell apart.
> When you speak to them, they all start flying past you, and to the left.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #663 on: March 22, 2014, 03:39:36 PM »
>Follow them!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #664 on: March 22, 2014, 03:59:23 PM »
>Follow them!

> You follow the ghosts through the grove.  The wind blows softly through the trees, but the ghosts are not fazed.  They lead you towards a stone path out of the way.  A familiar girl with white hair in a bob cut is trimming a nearby bush while a ghost circles her head.  You don't make any loud noises coming here, but she turns away from her work nonetheless.
> "It's unusual, seeing you in the Netherworld," she says to you.  She's only on the other side of the path, so there's no need for yelling here.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #665 on: March 22, 2014, 04:26:25 PM »
>"Yeah. I need to talk about some important things. First, let me ask a question thought. Where do you get the food here from?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #666 on: March 22, 2014, 04:29:00 PM »
>"Yeah. I need to talk about some important things. First, let me ask a question thought. Where do you get the food here from?"

> "Oh.  We get our food from the Human Village," Youmu says.  "I'm the only one here who needs to eat, so we don't need a whole lot."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #667 on: March 22, 2014, 04:36:16 PM »
>"Ugh. Well...you're probably going to have problems with that in the future. Was really hoping you guys had some other source."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #668 on: March 22, 2014, 04:50:45 PM »
>"Ugh. Well...you're probably going to have problems with that in the future. Was really hoping you guys had some other source."

> "I know, I've been to the surface.  Lady Yuyuko told me that you had visited us."
> Youmu tightens her grip on her swords.  "I was shocked.  The Human Village was Gensokyo's bread basket."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #669 on: March 22, 2014, 05:15:51 PM »
>"So...I've been looking for alternatives that aren't raiding Bhava-Agra for peaches. Though if we need to raid Bhava-Agra for peaches, I'll be counting on you. The underground is also flooded, so they're going to have their own problems. Don't think we can count on the kappa having enough cucumbers for everyone, and getting the tengu to do anything is about as fun as trying to pull teeth, if they even have enough to share."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #670 on: March 22, 2014, 05:38:43 PM »
>"So...I've been looking for alternatives that aren't raiding Bhava-Agra for peaches. Though if we need to raid Bhava-Agra for peaches, I'll be counting on you. The underground is also flooded, so they're going to have their own problems. Don't think we can count on the kappa having enough cucumbers for everyone, and getting the tengu to do anything is about as fun as trying to pull teeth, if they even have enough to share."

> Youmu stands up straight, as if awaiting orders.  "Right!  I could definitely convince Bhava-Agra to part with some of their food...with Lady Yuyuko's permission, of course.  Have you considered hunting or fishing?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #671 on: March 22, 2014, 05:51:18 PM »
>"Yeah, but if you could just hunt enough to feed a town, we'd never bother with growing things. Though hunting's probably going to be easier for awhile, what with all the animals bunched up on less dry land. Fishing will work for a bit, maybe, but once we get rid of the water..."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #672 on: March 22, 2014, 06:07:13 PM »
>"Yeah, but if you could just hunt enough to feed a town, we'd never bother with growing things. Though hunting's probably going to be easier for awhile, what with all the animals bunched up on less dry land. Fishing will work for a bit, maybe, but once we get rid of the water..."

> "Well, it's not a permanent solution," Youmu says, cupping her chin.  "I saw all the fish that had accumulated in the water.  If there was some way to keep the ones we catch fresh, the village would have at least that much for a while."

> _

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #673 on: March 22, 2014, 06:13:39 PM »
>What do we know about food preservation?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #674 on: March 22, 2014, 06:18:41 PM »
>"We could probably offload them into some ponds, maybe. But we'd need to have ponds in the first place. And then catch enough to last more than a little while. Which would involve strongarming the kappa. And we wouldn't have too much time to do it, because we need to get rid of the water as soon as we can."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #675 on: March 22, 2014, 06:30:53 PM »
>What do we know about food preservation?

> With meat and fish, you could try drying or salting them, but freezing has always been easier even before you got a fridge from Yukari.

>"We could probably offload them into some ponds, maybe. But we'd need to have ponds in the first place. And then catch enough to last more than a little while. Which would involve strongarming the kappa. And we wouldn't have too much time to do it, because we need to get rid of the water as soon as we can."

> "Yes, I think turning against the kappa would be a bad idea, since they seem to like or at least tolerate humans," Youmu says.  "I was thinking more along the lines of preserving them instead of offloading, although that isn't a perfect idea either because I'm still trying to figure out where we'd store it all."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #676 on: March 22, 2014, 06:52:26 PM »
>"Not to mention getting all the stuff to salt them, smoke them, and so on. And we'd still need to get the kappa to help out to get enough to last more than a day or so."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #677 on: March 22, 2014, 07:16:42 PM »
>"Not to mention getting all the stuff to salt them, smoke them, and so on. And we'd still need to get the kappa to help out to get enough to last more than a day or so."

> "Ohhh..."  Youmu sighs.  "What would you suggest doing instead?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #678 on: March 22, 2014, 08:03:22 PM »
>"That's the question, isn't it? Can't go to Makai, that stuff's definitely poison."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #679 on: March 22, 2014, 08:11:14 PM »
>"That's the question, isn't it? Can't go to Makai, that stuff's definitely poison."

> "Definitely not, although I wouldn't know," Youmu says, and then blurts out,  "Speaking of other worlds, what about the Outside?  I'm sure there's a lot of food there.  Miss Yukari seems knowledgeable about that place, I'm sure she could do something to help."
> She then seems to shrink into herself.  "I mean...I admit that considering that is a stretch."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #680 on: March 22, 2014, 08:24:07 PM »
>"Oh she's gonna do that whether she likes it or not. It's just a question of how much she can bring."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #681 on: March 22, 2014, 08:27:13 PM »
>"Oh she's gonna do that whether she likes it or not. It's just a question of how much she can bring."

> "An entire train's worth, maybe."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #682 on: March 22, 2014, 09:10:08 PM »
>"Oh, those things... Well, maybe that'd work."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #683 on: March 22, 2014, 09:24:45 PM »
>"Oh, those things... Well, maybe that'd work."

> "Yes.  Their main purpose in the first place is transportation, or so I've heard."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #684 on: March 22, 2014, 09:31:43 PM »
>"I'll keep it in mind, that' be easiest since we'd just have to make Yukari do all the work."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #685 on: March 22, 2014, 09:42:22 PM »
>"I'll keep it in mind, that' be easiest since we'd just have to make Yukari do all the work."

> "Alright, then."  Youmu nods.  "By the way...where is Miss Yukari?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #686 on: March 22, 2014, 10:07:32 PM »
>"Somewhere. Ran's working on digging her out of whatever hole she's buried herself in so I can yell at her."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #687 on: March 22, 2014, 10:14:45 PM »
>"Somewhere. Ran's working on digging her out of whatever hole she's buried herself in so I can yell at her."

> "Well, that's good.  I mean, Lady Yuyuko would probably want to talk to her, too."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #688 on: March 22, 2014, 10:24:39 PM »
>"Anything important, or just catching up or what?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #689 on: March 22, 2014, 10:28:58 PM »
>"Anything important, or just catching up or what?"

> "The latter.  Catching up, I mean."

> _