Author Topic: DEFCON Mafia (Night 2, DEFCON 2)  (Read 74988 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: DEFCON Mafia (Setup Phase)
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 02:15:19 AM »
Day 1, DEFCON 4

WASHINGTON (AP) ? Diplomatic furor grows over revelations that over half of the newly elected members to the 113th United States Congress are in fact sleeper agents working for the SVR. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton stated, "There is a vast Russian conspiracy that has been conspiring against the president since the day he was elected."

It is now Day 1, Defcon 4. Players have until ~27 hours from now to submit their deployment preferences via PM. If you do not submit by this time, a missile silo in nuclear launch mode will automatically be deployed for you.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:40:39 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Re: DEFCON Mafia (Day 1, DEFCON 4)
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 02:35:50 AM »
imo we should just play this game like smalltown and assign a role to each player, which they are obligated to pick. offensive missile silo should be their second choice, and if they receive that instead they report treason

bunch of roles i assigned based on assessment of playerlist:

1. ActionDan - Air base
2. I have no name - Eavesdrop
3. Dormio - Radar
4. Serela ft. J-Doe - Fighter
5. NekoNekoRex ft. Dorian G.
8. huhwhat - Failsafe
10. BT - Submarine
11. rawr - Espionage

this leaves

6. Raikaria
7. Shadoweh
9. Zakeri
12. PX

who should all pick Battleship so that scum doesn't instantly know who the doc is

thoughts?

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 02:36:36 AM »
whoops, make NNR the aircraft carrier

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 02:42:07 AM »
generally, rolecop should only be on players who are not the doc, and tracker should be on rolecop to make sure the rolecop isn't trying to get extra info

doc is on the cop every night, of course

roleblocker can block scumreads but should try to avoid potential docs for obvious reasons

sub and eavesdrop are useless, R I P (though everybody knowing who the sub is prevents scum from grabbing it and nuking random townies)

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 02:42:32 AM »
if people considered this strategy in the ms game and it was decided it was useless then whoops, i didn't actually read that

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 02:45:06 AM »
@HW: Sounds like a decent idea, but why would you want the failsafe?

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 02:47:08 AM »
on second thought, I think Shadoweh should be the cop, BT should be the rolecop, Zak should be Eavesdrop and the potential docs are between IHNN / Raikaria / PX / Serela / rawr, who pick 1) Battleship -> 2) Sub -> 3) offensive missile silo

this way we have more potential docs and hide the sub

ideally the weaker/newer players (no offense but yeah I think this is the best way to decide since game hasn't really started yet and we don't know who looks townie) are the potential docs so that scum can't make optimal kills

Dormio cut: I see myself as a likely kill and I wanna nuke people. Me and Dan were basically interchangeable

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 02:48:09 AM »
remember when I said I didn't read the set-up for this game and wasn't going to actually play seriously, I probably should have stuck with that or something

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2013, 02:50:19 AM »
HW confirmed scum for giving the guy who could tell 0 players by posting style the ability that lets them see the scum posting style more frequently :V

Also taking failsafe for himself is safestrats because then he can only die by lynch (or NK) and how likely IS a lynch on HW anyway, I don't think I've ever seen it happen.

I would say that if Eavesdrop and Sub are as useless as you say, then why not put them as potential docs?  Though Sub is technically useful for non-US/town aligned players.

-cut-
ok that listing looks better but I don't like being lumped in with people like that  :(  I'm not that bad at this game >_>

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 02:51:24 AM »
I'm only bad at playing non-town and also bad at playing town sometimes when my head is in derp-mode
Anyway sending in request for Battleship&sub

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2013, 02:53:04 AM »
shruuuug I was just going by Disgaea maf. Nobody on that list is truly a terrible player but they have more flakes and silly plays on recent record than the rest of the playerlist.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 02:55:30 AM »
That's due to school picking up for the timing of the previous game and silly plays...Best Idea Mafia is the only one of mine I can think of lol.

Though I just realized a problem in your idea, if scum get the doctor role then we're basically screwed as they can pick off every power role at their leisure knowing who they all are.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2013, 02:56:29 AM »
Though then surviving power roles are confirmed scum so whatever I guess it kind of works either way.

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2013, 02:58:48 AM »
Even if scum grab doc, we still get one scan from the night with no kills, and if the cop dies on the first night with a kill then we have a pool of 5 players guaranteed to contain at least one scum (which is an advantage of making the Eavesdropper public; it narrows it down, but not too much).

I am gonna wait for input from more people before I actually send in my pick in case I overlooked a huge flaw in this plan or something, but I'll post a note when I PM Conq.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2013, 03:01:16 AM »
I like the idea and all, but I think it should be broadened just a little bit.
So that we don't know where every PR is.
Rather, create kind of like circles of PR possibilities so that everyone is limited to something like 2 or 3 claims but we know they're definitely one of those.
I just think that that would be a safer way of doing this.

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2013, 03:04:29 AM »
The biggest problem I see is cop going to somebody who can manipulate it due to bad luck, so if we're worried about that we can swap Shadoweh with somebody who looks really townie by the end of the phase. I guess.

I have thought of a potential scum counter but there's also a workaround on town's side. If we go through with the plan, I won't disclose this until we've already picked, in case scum doesn't think of it.

@Dormio: imo it's better as is because this way, the cop can get results out ASAP, the tracker stops a scum rolecop from hunting for the doc (unless they're buddies), and the roleblocker is held 100% accountable to make sure they're not blocking the doc/cop.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2013, 03:08:21 AM »
So Rolecop + tracker are completely useless here however, although I suppose they weren't worth jack in anycase.

Well I think this is just about as good as it can get, since we're playing around the cop + doc combo.  Everything else is worthless.

I think tracker should always claim first.  Then rolecop claims confirming. etc.

Actually, I think Rolecop SHOULD cop the non-town PR's in case scum gets the sub.  If the cop is scum... then.. uh, at least the 3rd party NK has a chance of busting him.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2013, 03:15:51 AM »
OP says that the Submarine just scans as a Missile Silo to the the Rolecop, dunno if that was recently added in or what

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2013, 03:18:56 AM »
also, a sub can't fire until defcon 1, so even if it goes to scum we'll have had avid time to narrow it down and probably a couple potential-doc deaths in case there's randomly a nuke on the cop or something

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2013, 03:32:32 AM »
Trying to break the setup, are we? I feel like this could turn out badly for town but can't really place how. What happens if we get a bunch of treason?
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2013, 03:34:14 AM »
Then it's not a big deal because trying to break the set-up doesn't mean we can't scumhunt too.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2013, 05:55:43 AM »
sorry battleship instead of sub.

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2013, 06:10:46 AM »
I'm sorry I was about to send in my list of neat roles I want to be but someone wants me to be the cop?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2013, 06:16:30 AM »
Reading huh what's plan I don't see any fault with it, other then that he's obviously the serial killer and wants to nuke us all omg.
I am fine with sending in whatever, but if you give me a cop role I'm going to cop whoever I find suspicious and ignore your suggestions.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2013, 08:12:06 AM »
I will go with HW's plan as of post #36
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »
HW confirmed scum for giving the guy who could tell 0 players by posting style the ability that lets them see the scum posting style more frequently :V

Oh well, I'm not planning on going against the plan anyways.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2013, 10:26:21 AM »
I might see a problem but I just got back from work at 3 am so I'll see if it makes less sense tomorrow.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2013, 10:34:15 AM »
Everyone the best course of action is to all take NMS - Offense, and then just wait for DEFCON1 and nuke each other to death.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2013, 11:42:52 AM »
Currently not at home, so I'll chip in later. I was going to suggest a plan similar to what HW's trying to do but now I'm mostly worried if this game will become stratego-B. I mean, yeah, we can game the scum this way, but I'm pretty sure it can go the other way around as well. I'm thinking just select roles naturally + play the game naturally + catch the scum naturally like it were a normal game.

Though, again, I haven't read any of this in-depth. This is just a note.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2013, 02:35:41 PM »
Dormio should give a solid reason to not vote him over his response to my post.
huhwhat how strong is this read?