Author Topic: IMP MAFIA - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 48277 times)

PX

• School Idol?
Re: IMP MAFIA - DAY 4
« Reply #870 on: February 18, 2012, 10:45:24 PM »
Less the bah post part and more the ONLY ME part.

« Reply #871 on: February 18, 2012, 10:48:47 PM »
So? It's just an unrelated post you make after you die. If I had my way then bah posts wouldn't even be allowed in the first place but whatever.

Nobody's stopping you from posting it now either.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #872 on: February 18, 2012, 10:49:39 PM »
I don't allow BAH posts in any game I play either, and I normally abstain from making any but I couldn't pass up this time because I died DUE TO REASONS COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO ME AAAAH.

« Reply #873 on: February 18, 2012, 10:53:43 PM »
I don't think anybody has much of a right to be pissed, Chaore's gotten too much "bastard mod" from all sides because of just a few mistakes. The game in itself was pretty balanced and we did our best to keep it that way with the possible stuff that could go haywire, see Serela's claim in MyLo and all that.

It might be wrong to let off steam only on you, but I doubt that was personal as much as it was a badly timed thing when Chaore was raging to the extreme because of that loophole rule thing.

Bardiche

« Reply #874 on: February 18, 2012, 10:59:03 PM »
Being pissed isn't about being righteous, it's about being pissed, though. Right to be be damned and all that.

If my "omg bastard mod" was cause for rage, uh, sorry? I just thought it was kind of bastard-y to give someone a full vanilla role in role madness, the rest I didn't really mind overmuch.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #875 on: February 18, 2012, 11:07:31 PM »
If he had just said no, that would have been fine. Instead he goes put it up as a rule, which is just like a personal Fuck you to me and telling everyone to laugh at me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #876 on: February 18, 2012, 11:08:42 PM »
I just thought it was kind of bastard-y to give someone a full vanilla role in role madness, the rest I didn't really mind overmuch.
Technically, he got Role Destroyed too, so even if he hadn't been vanilla... :V

And almost targetted by the roleblocker N1 to boot.

Vanilla is scariest Role Madness power.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #877 on: February 18, 2012, 11:09:09 PM »
In case you haven't noticed, I take this shit very personally

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #878 on: February 18, 2012, 11:17:41 PM »
In case you haven't noticed, I take this shit very personally

My personal advice about this.

Stop doing that.

The rule was a joke for -everyone-, including yourself to find amusing. If you didn't, I'm sorry you don't share my sense of humor and did not know you would take it harshly.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #879 on: February 18, 2012, 11:21:18 PM »
PX is just working towards fulfilling the mafia rage quota.
Since the past two games have been rather chill.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #880 on: February 18, 2012, 11:46:07 PM »
Uhh, capt.h, I'm not sure how you think that I'm too stubborn to talk about scumhunting techniques, but surely, that thing about being afraid that it would 'escalate into a war' was uncalled for and in general, smarts the eyes, especially when you naively post it in the mod QT for me to see instead of the Graveyard QT.  Not sure how you got that impression, but I agree that I was very wrong this game (as I was in Graveyard) and I'm open to discussion regarding this.  We can talk about it in IRC or PMs or something, but please do not pull this crap on me as if I'm some person who can't be reasoned with after maybe two exchanges of words; your bone-headed insensitivity would be the thing that would really start 'a war'.

As for Vhaltz, I guess when I said that I was fine with being D3's lynch, I meant when assuming an outsider's PoV.  As for defending, the facts against me were true and unalterable; what remained was to hunt for scum and give out opinions, I guess.  No point bogging down town by defending what yourself feel to be a valid reason for voting you.

« Reply #881 on: February 18, 2012, 11:57:28 PM »
As for Vhaltz, I guess when I said that I was fine with being D3's lynch, I meant when assuming an outsider's PoV.

That was purely misinterpretation on my part then, like you read there I had a very similar case of just giving up on trying to defend oneself at that very moment in the game I'm actively playing in, and that's probably the reason I interpreted it that way in the first place.

I didn't do much criticism aside from that (since it's very obvious psychology that giving up means keeping yourself from making an effort that could actually change things) because I barely just started playing mafia and I'll probably suck really badly when I do. I'm also pretty sure capt h. was aware of it not being as easy as it looked and was just trying to find ways to improve town play from what he was seeing from the informed seat.
I really look forward playing with you guys even if it means getting lynched D1 because of sucking hard, I'll improve at some point.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #882 on: February 19, 2012, 12:18:02 AM »
Same here too Vhaltz.

I do respect capt.h's lines of inquiry; he has probably gone a long way from where he started as a mafia player due to them.  Talking down to us (or me) for two more or less harmless exchanges and smugly retreating to the mod QT in order to rant about how stubborn I am is certainly not the way to go about it however.

Bardiche

« Reply #883 on: February 19, 2012, 12:37:18 AM »
I just find capt h's comment baffling in that "Bard has a plan - survive until LYLO with Dorian. It's a stupid plan"... because I don't see what's stupid about trying not to attract the Night Kill as a Cop, irrespective of sanity...? Also, silly mods, I didn't think I was insane. I thought I was naive, as:

A) Chaore didn't guarantee sanity.
B) "You guess this means you're TOWN COP?" - My role PM never decisively pointed to me and said "You're Town Cop"
C) The flavour was "finding friends". Forgive me if that sounded a bit like a naive child
D) We had a flipped Cop

I've never been in a game with two sane Cops. :V

Role PM reproduced below:
You can't be the windy boy as you're too busy being JOHN EGGBERT, HEIR OF BREATH. As the Heir of Breath, you are capable of doing windy things, but as a friend you are capable of knowing who your friends are! So, once per night, you may choose to ##COP: one of the other players and find out if they really are friendly! You guess this means you're a TOWN COP?

Regardless of what you think I believe it was reasonable of me not to blindly believe in my results. (And Affinity's lynch was still an accident)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: IMP MAFIA - TOWN VICTORY
« Reply #884 on: February 19, 2012, 01:31:27 AM »
I just find the accusations of 'exploiting a loophole' and the rage following is awkward when
- The rule specifically said "You may post until I make it night".
- There was a role that needed to post during this time in order to work. (Dan)
- Twilight isn't common but it's the name of such a phase and it's been used in games here before.

Frankly I think Twilight should just be a normal thing so it's not obvious there's a governor role anyways.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #885 on: February 19, 2012, 01:36:53 AM »
Slightly unrelated, but I think mafia is similar to chess in that it's one thing to follow along with a game, but quite another to be playing in it, where you have to deal with people attacking you, budding up to you, or just plain having annoying posting styles that you can't be bothered to read, and so there's a decent stress(?) factor involved that certainly impacts your performance. The optimal move or decision may be obvious to an observer or in hindsight but it's quite another thing to pinpoint it in the heat of the game. Just a thought.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #886 on: February 19, 2012, 08:03:42 AM »
Self-confirming-resurrected-vig-doc is not balanced if scum don't have an out for it.

If Chaore did advertise the game as role madness, then the calls of bastard modding are not an issue.

The game mod's word is the final say on everything within the game. Don't like it, work it out in private. No hissy fits on the forum.

Twilight is a story of sparkly vampires and abusive relationships. We're not making such a thing standard.

« Reply #887 on: February 19, 2012, 02:53:29 PM »
I am in full support with team jacob

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #888 on: February 19, 2012, 03:19:06 PM »
Get out.

Read the QTs and everyone whines too much. Including the mods.

« Reply #889 on: February 19, 2012, 03:59:17 PM »
I think my whining over my stolen wallet was completely justified  :V

Aside from that, I think giving PX Aradia's Trueclaimblock True Claim would've balanced things out a little, but that's just retrospect, I never really saw anything off with the setup during my first skim. Things would've probably worked out pretty decently if the scum team hadn't been so adamant on bussing each other like hell.
But it was funny, the Imp QT gets pretty damn hilarious around post #240. #259 had me laughing my ass off despite being at uni.

« Reply #890 on: February 19, 2012, 06:01:07 PM »
I see pesco is a part of team edward

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #891 on: February 19, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »
Trufax: At the Dark Ascension pre-release, one of the judges by the name of Cullen was the starting vampire. I lost to him and had to become one too :ohdear:

Bardiche

« Reply #892 on: February 19, 2012, 07:29:12 PM »
ITT Pesco is tsundere for Twilight.

« Reply #893 on: February 19, 2012, 07:42:02 PM »
Edward fanboy

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #894 on: February 20, 2012, 02:35:09 AM »
brb changing game in cue to Twilight Mafia

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #895 on: February 20, 2012, 02:40:03 AM »
Calling Edward.

« Reply #896 on: February 22, 2012, 01:05:21 AM »
I call Team "Guy who almost hit Bella with a Truck".