Author Topic: IMP MAFIA - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 48272 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: IMP MAFIA - DAY 1
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2012, 04:26:39 AM »
 Tell people not to ask
 *Advice Shadoweh*
 Post immediately below asks

I agree that scum-hunting via true claims probably won't work. Probably? From the sounds of it not everyone has one. I will say it did -something!- A maaagical something. Go back to your regularily scheduled waffling. There's something amusing about everyone running away from my wagon in confusion.

huh what is too excited to be scum, stop trying to kill his dreams and lynch him Day 1 in the best game ever. >:<
Edit: Noooo your posts are the best ;_; Also possibly of interest: Trolls 4 everyone!

WhAt's wRoNg wItH BeInG CoLdCrOw? ShE WaS SuPeR ToWnIe aNd sTuFf. EsPeCiAlLy wHeN ShE ClAiMeD ScUm.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2012, 04:34:16 AM »
Dan: How do you know that every townie knows what trueclaiming is? Also, I already said that I brought it up because I wanted to know if people thought it was viable to have the preferred lynch from each day kill themself to give us another lynch. I was under the impression everybody's trueclaim resulted in seppuku, especially after Serela responded to me.

....  Welp That is the effect of me true-claiming.  However I thought my flavor indicated that it was unique to me, considering my name.  When Serela claimed I thought she might be an offensive couter-part to my defensive role.  But you have it too??

I was debating if some townies do not have this ability, hero being a possibility.  HuhWhat I asked you a question to get a better understanding of your moitivations, it's not anything close to some kind of telegraphed suspicion.

shadoweh true-claiming like that with no results makes be baffled all over again. 

Don't lynch me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2012, 04:36:28 AM »
I think that it would be smarter to just forget about this whole trueclaim business for the time being. :/

Shadoweh

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2012, 04:37:35 AM »
WILL you STOP rolefishing GOD.
Dormio officially has more sense then you. Dormio gets to be town.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2012, 04:40:43 AM »
Post 47. You're not getting more of an explanation than that

I don't really see him trying to push that logic, and how is it faulty? Scum may or may not know, only the scum and the mods know that. As I see it, you're pushing unproven logic about the set up.

That said

##Unvote
##Vote: Dormio

That vote was way too kneejerk, trying to get a quick mislynch wagon?

Oh right, and your idea of that if the pony's True Claim causes suicide then they should do it for another lynch, that probably won't work because of MotkTown's wonky logic to leave lynching down to the last second. Otherwise, we'll just be left with a few minutes to scramble everypony around for another lynch, and that's not good.

AND I WANT MY MUFFINS

3 cuts, reading now

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2012, 04:43:41 AM »
How was it kneejerk?
And why do you refuse to answer the question?

Shadoweh

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2012, 04:45:50 AM »
Because I'm Town ObvTown! Townie Obvtown! Disco fevah!
I think you both be townin' today. Spread the hate elsewhere trolls. Let's lynch Maav to complete my trend of throwing helpless newbies off buildings. Okay maybe I'll give him a chance. Why are you basically repeating what everyone is saying?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2012, 04:48:02 AM »
Because I'm Town ObvTown! Townie Obvtown!
Go die, Youmu.

Also appending to my previous post:
Do you have any reason other than OMGUS?

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2012, 04:55:32 AM »
No wait.

Sorry Dan, I'm an idiot.
I just re-read my role PM. It specifically told me that I have the ability to trueclaim like everyone else on town.

##Unvote
##Vote Hero999
If Hero is town, then Chaore is lying modscum.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2012, 04:57:31 AM »
I greatly dislike Dans opening post for the blatant stabs at roles only to blow up on others when the are bound to be mentioned.  The entire thing is a trap for me as well since he can make up anything once I respond.  His empty Unvote while cheer leading Hero scum while at the same time ignoring PX for doing the same thing (hell he quoted Hero in his vote) is full of disconnect.

That said.

PX is heavily exaggerating Dormio's vote while at the same time defending Dans actions when he put Shadoweh to L -3 vs Dormio's what, 1st vote on you PX?
Pot, you are black much more than the kettle you accuse. 

##Unvote:
##Vote: PX

1 hour in and bitches are softing all over holy fuck.

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2012, 05:02:01 AM »
@Shadoweh
Basically, because it's Day 1 and I don't have a line of thought set up yet (Don't think of it as a first-game mistake, I've played some games elsewhere before). Also, it's late for me and I don't want to just go inactive through the first IRL day.

@PX
I don't see how post 47 proves that Shadoweh is town. It's pretty much in the same way as thinking that post #48 proves that Hero is town, just a bit more elaborated.

ActionDan

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2012, 05:02:44 AM »
WILL you STOP rolefishing GOD.
Dormio officially has more sense then you. Dormio gets to be town.

You know, 3 people ostensibly have the same ability to prevent a lynch while you "botch" your ability and are unsure of what happened.  Going "STOP ROLEFISHING" while you are unaccountable for your own role is jarring to me.

Let me go over the thought process.

"O god Dan is exposing my role that I don't even know wtf it did, O GOD STOP IT NOW!"

-cuts

Px got your back Shadoweh.  I'm inclined to think he is town.  At least your thanks is a pronounciation of town Px.

Not sure about Dormio.

##Vote Schezo
I'll go back to this because he was content to hop on Shadoweh as the 2nd vote while pointing out what could have been a Post Restriction for the lack of anything better to do.  Affinity and Mavv's votes feel out of place as well

cuts-

##Unvote

Excuse me while I process this and read Hero/you/My role Pm/Serela

Schezo's recent post fails to give anyone the benifit of the doubt in that townies are trying to figure out WTF is going on. 

Don't lynch me.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2012, 05:03:39 AM »
No wait.

Sorry Dan, I'm an idiot.
I just re-read my role PM. It specifically told me that I have the ability to trueclaim like everyone else on town.

##Unvote
##Vote Hero999
If Hero is town, then Chaore is lying modscum.

Huh What. Did you wake up on the wrong side of stupid?
Why on Earth would you lynch someone over this?

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2012, 05:05:30 AM »
If what huhwhat said on his last post is true, Shadoweh is most likely town. Modfail, perhaps?

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2012, 05:08:28 AM »
Holy shit no Maav

Dan. Voting someone for flying off the handle at getting one vote is not giving them the benefit of the doubt like I'm supposed to?
What.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2012, 05:09:27 AM »
5 dollar footlong votecount

Dormio: Shadoweh, PX
Shadoweh: Hero999
Huh What: NeoSerela, Affinity
Schezo:
Action Dan:
PX: Dormio, Schezo
Hero999: Huh What

Not Voting: Everyone else!

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

~70 hours remaining in the day

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2012, 05:10:04 AM »
@Schezo: gdsfjkhsdfkjsdfkjh
I'm having trouble thinking this through, sorry.

##Unvote

At the same time, this makes me feel better about what Dan was saying wrt set-up speculation, since I suddenly understand where he was coming from. Apologies for lack of reading comprehension. <_<

So with that in mind,
##Vote PX
For somebody attacking Dormio for making a kneejerk vote, that vote was kneejerk as fuck. Your case looks endlessly recursive to me, like you weren't thinking through why Dormio is scummy to you.

I'm going to Stop Posting for now because my brain is malfunctioning.

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2012, 05:12:50 AM »
@Schezo
That, or they are scums together.
Or I'm just sleep-deprived. :V

Shadoweh

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2012, 05:25:12 AM »
Dan: I fail to see how my statement that people shouldn't talk about roles and out themselves further is wrong. In fact people shouldn't explain what happens when they trueclaim either, it seems like it's related to our power roles.

Stop voting PX seriously. Also I think Schezo is scum this game! For real reals!

ThIs gAmE IsN'T BiG EnOuGh fOr tHe bOtH Of uS. dIe sChEzO DiIiIe!

Shadoweh

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2012, 05:26:43 AM »
AwH I WaSn't jOkEvOtInG HiM AlReAdY.

##UNVOTE
##vote: SCHEZO

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2012, 05:51:55 AM »
Stop voting PX seriously.
Why?

His Dormio vote doesn't seem reasonable to me. It could be argued that PX's vote is also kneejerk and scummy because of that, and that anybody who votes PX for making a kneejerk vote is scummy for the same reason, and infinite loops etc etc

At the very least, I want to know how the hell Dormio was promoting a "quick mislynch wagon". I'm not s33ing it at all.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2012, 06:08:18 AM »
The Six Million Dollar Votecount

Dormio: PX
Shadoweh: Hero999
Huh What: NeoSerela, Affinity
Schezo: Shadoweh
Action Dan:
PX: Dormio, Schezo, Huh What
Hero999:

Not Voting: Everyone else!

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

~69 hours remaining in the day

ActionDan

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2012, 06:08:41 AM »
Ya, my Pm didn't include any knowledge that any other person in the game could true-claim.  Is that really in your Pm or did you ask Chaore independantly?

I'm pretty sure Px is protecting Shadoweh in the same way I'm protecting Serela...  I believe there is only town moitivation for such an action.

Schezo your hate against me is stretching.  Like,

I greatly dislike Dans opening post for the blatant stabs at roles only to blow up on others when the are bound to be mentioned.  The entire thing is a trap for me as well since he can make up anything once I respond.  His empty Unvote while cheer leading Hero scum while at the same time ignoring PX for doing the same thing (hell he quoted Hero in his vote) is full of disconnect.

what does "blatant stabs at roles" mean besides a hyped accusation of rolefishing/speculation which did not occur in my first opening post anymore than to point out who was out-right ignoring Hw's post #25.  I was considering Hero scum because he didn't know what a 'true claim' was, and I instinctively unvoted.  When did Px not understand the concept of 'true claims'?

Your reasoning for the Px vote is taken out of context.  the number of people on the wagons have nothing to do with it (or defending me for that matter).  Px said he thought Dormio's vote was "way too kneejerk," a.k.a faked.   

Btw Px, suiciding restarts the day, so time should not be an issue.  If I were about to be lynched, I'd use the special ability to in effect give town a double lynch.  Anybody able to do so should do the same.

@Hw, trust his townie heart.  (not that I have an opinion one way or the another on Dormio [Actually I do, I think he's town, but I keep 2nd guessing that])

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2012, 06:09:08 AM »
##Vote Schezo

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2012, 06:12:25 AM »
Is that really in your Pm
It is. Also, my seppuku doesn't mention restarting the day.

However, I realized it's possible Hero found his role PM vague and was asking for clarification (or was just trying to fake out scum).

If Hero is town, has a trueclaim, and said true claim doesn't have any effects that would make him not want to use it just yet, I think he should use it so for clarification.

ActionDan

« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2012, 06:21:11 AM »
gonna sleep on this.  I'll be back in 15 hours

Just remembered that Hw had asked me why I thought every townie knows what true claiming is,

Dan: How do you know that every townie knows what trueclaiming is? Also, I already said that I brought it up because I wanted to know if people thought it was viable to have the preferred lynch from each day kill themself to give us another lynch. I was under the impression everybody's trueclaim resulted in seppuku, especially after Serela responded to me.
yet he claims (and still claims in the above post) that

I just re-read my role PM. It specifically told me that I have the ability to trueclaim like everyone else on town

if you assumed I had the same role, then why bother asking me the question? 

I'm kinda tired, gonna sleep after some vidya games.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2012, 06:23:33 AM »
I missed it the first time around! Otherwise I wouldn't have needed to re-read my role PM to mention it. This is also why I didn't re-vote you, your reasons for pushing Schezo ended up not being weird conjecture like I thought.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2012, 06:44:07 AM »
The way I parsed PX's vote for Dormio, he seemed to voting him not only because Dormio's vote was quick but also because it was weak.  Considering that Dormio was voting for PX solely because he said that Shadoweh seemed town (which can be seen as  somewhat weak), why haven't Schezo and huhwhat addressed this?

##Unvote
##Vote: Schezo

Schezo, if you find Dan so bad, then why are you voting PX?  What makes Dan's 'cheerleading' worse than PX's hypocrisy?

« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2012, 06:55:35 AM »
I figured Dormio's vote was an attempt to get a reaction from PX. It didn't set off any sirens for me.

PX's post doesn't say anything about Dormio's vote being "weak" at all, just that it looked kneejerk and like an attempt to start an easy wagon. With this in mind, I thought it looked like fake passive scumhunting. I also don't think PX would have accused Dormio of trying to start an easy wagon if he was trying to dismiss Dormio's vote as weak, since a weak case usually doesn't make an easy wagon.

Shadoweh

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2012, 07:12:44 AM »
Mostly I think it's weird to vote someone for stating the obvious.

I didn't have any notification other people had true claims. Hence hoping for a tree stump. >:T