Author Topic: [Request] Artists and Musicians needed for Visual Novel!  (Read 4380 times)

[Request] Artists and Musicians needed for Visual Novel!
« on: March 16, 2010, 09:57:05 PM »
So, I've been offering to do Visual Novels with other people here

However the biggest problem seems to be with art. Most writers can't draw and we need a lot of drawings to make a VN. The main thing we need are cutins for characters. We also need background, but those are lower priority since there are plenty of images on the internet that could be used for that.

So if you're an artist who's willing to aid this project, you can either team up with one of the writers and work together, or just say your interested and I'll tell you what needs to be done when the time comes.

Currently we need artists and musicians for Tengukami's "Guest of the Moon Princess" story.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 05:53:20 PM by Suikama ☑ »

Toasty

Re: [Request] Artists needed for Visual Novels!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 12:27:35 AM »
For the backgrounds, you can just enlist camera toting forum members to take pictures from a first person view at roughly the same height and angle, and put the pics through a series of filters on photoshop (like this, only with more photoshop filters, and better weather)

I'd be happy to help with that, considering all the oppurtunities I have to take pictures at local parks and whatnot (they're more common than you think - I just turn them down). However, which members can help with photos would depend on VN setting. I wouldn't be able to help with a gensyoko wilderness setting.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 02:11:06 AM »
I basically live in a forest. I could cover that part.

However, it would also probably help to bring up offers of stories to give artists an idea of what sorts of stories they'd be drawing for. For example, I'm tempted to put together something for this because the story is apparently quite amusing.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 05:51:25 PM »
Alright, according to Ammy, he's almost done the script. So now we're going to need artists and musicians. I still have yet to see the script so I don't know exactly what we'll need but mostly it will be cutins, backgrounds, background music, and maybe some event CGs.

Any Volunteers? :V

(I hope I don't end up stealing any staff from Graph's VN project :V)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:01:01 PM by Suikama ☑ »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: [Request] Artists and Musicians needed for Visual Novel!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 06:29:09 PM »
If only I had the time and skill D:
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Coin Spire

• Eerily Disguised Shanghai Doll
  • Tea time is the best
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 04:32:56 AM »
I'm interested in helping, unfortunately my drawing skills is sub-par at most. I'm also into composing music, but I'm stuck with Midi Sequencing. However, as I desire to become a better artist and sequencer, I would like to participate and be able to help as little as I could.

Themes:Aiki/Shiku

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 09:44:43 PM »
For the backgrounds, you can just enlist camera toting forum members to take pictures from a first person view at roughly the same height and angle, and put the pics through a series of filters on photoshop (like this, only with more photoshop filters, and better weather)

I'd be happy to help with that, considering all the oppurtunities I have to take pictures at local parks and whatnot (they're more common than you think - I just turn them down). However, which members can help with photos would depend on VN setting. I wouldn't be able to help with a gensyoko wilderness setting.
I basically live in a forest. I could cover that part.

However, it would also probably help to bring up offers of stories to give artists an idea of what sorts of stories they'd be drawing for. For example, I'm tempted to put together something for this because the story is apparently quite amusing.
I don't know why I never responded before but anyways I'll see what we need once Ammy is done the script. Some pictures might be difficult though like a bamboo forest or the blacksmith or a japanese styled mansion like Eientei.

I'm interested in helping, unfortunately my drawing skills is sub-par at most. I'm also into composing music, but I'm stuck with Midi Sequencing. However, as I desire to become a better artist and sequencer, I would like to participate and be able to help as little as I could.
Well right now there's none else other than me and Ammy so any help would be great. We aren't exactly going for commercial quality here, however the story is quite expansive in it's cast and locations so we might end up needing quite a large number of drawings and songs.

If only I had the time and skill D:
:dealwithit:

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 10:36:09 PM »
I'm glad to see a interest in this already. For potential artists, here is Guest of the Moon Princess. The cut-ins required will be of:

Keine
Cirno
Mokou
Some random youkai rabbit
Aya
Sakuya
Meiling
Remilia
Flandre
Patchoulli
Tewi
Reisen
Nitori
Marisa
Kaguya

As far as the backgrounds are considered, you can get all that in the settings described in the story. The more backgrounds the merrier, but as Suikama said, cut-ins are currently top priority.

I'm hoping to have the script polished up over the weekend, but my boss hit me with a pretty hefty assignment yesterday, which is due Monday, so it may be delayed. In any event, any and all help is welcome.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Coin Spire

• Tea time is the best
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 04:16:29 AM »
Well right now there's none else other than me and Ammy so any help would be great. We aren't exactly going for commercial quality here, however the story is quite expansive in it's cast and locations so we might end up needing quite a large number of drawings and songs.

What kind of music do you need? I'm good at slow ones, but I'm learning how to make more upbeat tunes.

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 04:25:51 AM »
I don't have the script yet, but I'm thinking that we'll probably need a fair number of low beat atmospheric tunes

Coin Spire

• Tea time is the best
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 02:18:01 AM »
I'm not altogether good with atmospheric tunes, but I could probably make one in the following weeks, so you can have an evaluation of my ability. :P

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 02:44:24 AM »
Well, I guess I could help out a bit with cut-in art, since I do have experience with digital colouring and drawing. I'm not the best, but I do have some skill. Some of my most recent works are on my deviantArt account for coloured and non-coloured, if you need a reference. Just tell me what to do and a suitable deadline, and I'll do what I can to put out what I can work with.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 09:13:41 AM »
I'll be free in a week's time. I'll be able to start filling out requests again, once I clear out my DA request backlog. And I assume you already know how poor my art is XD