Author Topic: Paid art soliciations?  (Read 3748 times)

Paid art soliciations?
« on: September 21, 2011, 10:50:59 PM »
Heya, folks. It's come to my attention that one of my games has a playtest thread on these forums. I'm actually looking for an illustrator for the project, and I figure that this is probably as good a place as any to look for folks who enjoy drawing fairies.

Would it be appropriate to post a public solicitation for artists - and, if so, what would be the best place to post it? I'm not sure what the etiquette for posting paid gigs is around here, if they're allowed at all.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Paid art soliciations?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 02:37:40 AM »
I will have to get back to you on that.  Traditionally we have not allowed paid commissions mostly because we didn't want to deal with the hassle of policing for non delivery/etc.  But honestly it's only come up once or twice so we really don't have a policy on it.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 03:11:55 AM »
I will have to get back to you on that.  Traditionally we have not allowed paid commissions mostly because we didn't want to deal with the hassle of policing for non delivery/etc.
To clarify, I'm not asking this forum's owners to act as brokers or go-betweens. I'm basically just asking for permission to post a wanted ad. This'd be a professional gig, with a signed contract between me and the artist; this forum would not be party to it.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 02:26:41 PM »
I understand, it's just something that hasn't come up often.  We try to pride ourselves on being a trustworthy community, and regardless of it's a personal endeavour or not it's still somewhat of an endorsement if we permit it.

That being said, we've went ahead and approved your request.  You're free to make a posting in Alice's Art Atelier (http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/board,25.0.html), our artist's forum.  Any business you conduct you can do via PM.  We'd be more than happy to provide any assistance you may need.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:29:26 PM by helvetica »

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 02:54:14 PM »
I understand, it's just something that hasn't come up often.  We try to pride ourselves on being a trustworthy community, and regardless of it's a personal endeavour or not it's still somewhat of an endorsement if we permit it.

For what it's worth, even if an artist I found via this forum did flake out on me, I wouldn't dream of making a public issue of it. That'd be both counterproductive and unprofessional.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 04:21:02 PM »
And I'm glad to hear that, we've just really never had this situation come up that often to warrant any serious discussion on how to handle it.  Anyways you're free to go, just let us know of anything we can help with.