Author Topic: Account Deletion  (Read 10245 times)

Petitssk

Account Deletion
« on: March 31, 2019, 11:13:26 PM »
Greetings, (former) friends,

I used to be registered here as Lepetit89 and then took a long time off when circumstances forced my attention elsewhere.

Recently, I tried to get involved again and recalled something about usernames being impossible to change, so I figured that the best course of action would be to delete my account and register again, but, unfortunately, my state of mind at the time did not go way past the first part of that masterplan. In the end, I now find myself here, somewhat stuck between (new?) rules for new members and trying to just send a PM to inquire on a new account to an admin, which appears to be impossible.

From what I can tell, things have changed a little, but what I'd like to ask is if I can just reactivate my old account at this point and (possibly) have the username changed since it appears that the old posts are still there, so I'm not sure if it's still in Limbo. Other option would be to just stick with the new one, assuming I'm not breaking any rules intended for second accounts with that (which would be no issue either, would just like to make sure).

Anyway, if there's any further information you need, please feel free to ask anytime, looking forward to any help or pointers in the right direction either way, so thank you in advance!

Edit: Looking into it, I think I completely forgot about the difference between username and nickname that night. Yep, nevermind the name issue, then.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:06:49 AM by Petitssk »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
Re: Account Deletion
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 07:08:24 AM »
This account?

Looks like the deletion was never approved. You should be able to log in and revert the request for deletion, I'm pretty sure?

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 09:51:30 AM »
This account?

Looks like the deletion was never approved. You should be able to log in and revert the request for deletion, I'm pretty sure?

Ah, yep, I got a message about my account being flagged for deletion and being unable to restore my password when I checked that way. However, entering the actual password gave me a prompt to revert the process. Guess I was lucky no one bothered, thank you!

I guess I can just flag the other account for deletion now, hope that will clear the name for use again.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 09:58:13 AM by Lepetit89 »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 12:46:10 AM »
Also, the rules for new members aren't new (your registration date is after mine was, and I recall needing to deal with post approval/inability to send PMs for my first 3 posts). It was actually reduced at some point from requiring approval of the first 3 posts to the first 1 post, which makes more sense as spambots should be caught after a single post.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 10:56:03 AM »
Also, the rules for new members aren't new (your registration date is after mine was, and I recall needing to deal with post approval/inability to send PMs for my first 3 posts). It was actually reduced at some point from requiring approval of the first 3 posts to the first 1 post, which makes more sense as spambots should be caught after a single post.

Ah, I see, I didn't notice anything back then, so I figured it must have gotten stricter. At the same time, that might just have been a conjecture based on the notice about registration having been reenabled. Good to know either way.