Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 224680 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2018, 02:53:12 AM »
> "That explains that. The poor guy at the church looked so confused."
> "Oh, I have a sort of ceasefire agreement with Lancer's master. Let me see if she wants to talk."
> Get out our phone and text Lancer.
> "I found the overseer and I'm meeting with her now. Does Kimimela want to talk to her?"

>"That'd be useful," says Sister Gibson.
>A few moments pass, and your drinks arrive, before you get a reply. "Overseer?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2018, 03:08:43 AM »
> Do they really not know about the overseer? Even for Lancer, that would make a dumb joke.
> "Yes, the overseer. The Grail War referee."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2018, 03:17:04 AM »
> Do they really not know about the overseer? Even for Lancer, that would make a dumb joke.
> "Yes, the overseer. The Grail War referee."

>It is a curious comment, either way...
>"Is there really such a person?" Lancer replies.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2018, 03:36:02 AM »
> Sigh, as we start typing up a history lesson.
> "I'm really surprised you don't know about this."
> "The first Grail War was a disaster, so from that point forward it became standard practice to bring in a neutral party to act as a sort of mediator. It's usually someone from the church, since they're interested in the Grail, but they don't use magecraft so they can't summon a servant."
> "This Grail War started without any warning, so the church assigned someone nearby on short notice. She knows all the rules and she can take somebody out of the game if they want to surrender."
> "That's assuming this is a normal Grail War though, which it might not be, but we can talk about that later."
> "Anyway, interested?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2018, 03:41:08 AM »
> Sigh, as we start typing up a history lesson.
> "I'm really surprised you don't know about this."
> "The first Grail War was a disaster, so from that point forward it became standard practice to bring in a neutral party to act as a sort of mediator. It's usually someone from the church, since they're interested in the Grail, but they don't use magecraft so they can't summon a servant."
> "This Grail War started without any warning, so the church assigned someone nearby on short notice. She knows all the rules and she can take somebody out of the game if they want to surrender."
> "That's assuming this is a normal Grail War though, which it might not be, but we can talk about that later."
> "Anyway, interested?"

>"I've never assumed it was normal," Lancer replies. "Is there really such a person with any authority over this war? And if no one recognizes it, is there authority to begin with? What would they have to say that's useful, I wonder?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2018, 03:56:36 AM »
> Groan audibly. "This guy is really difficult to deal with."
> @Lancer: "Well, you're not wrong, there's no real authority here except the Grail itself. Maybe 'referee' is the wrong word. The overseer is more like a resource whose existence benefits everyone, which is why I'm choosing to respect it. The magus families decided to bring them in for a reason."
> "As for that last question, I suppose that depends on what kind of questions you want answered."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2018, 04:59:45 AM »
> Groan audibly. "This guy is really difficult to deal with."
> @Lancer: "Well, you're not wrong, there's no real authority here except the Grail itself. Maybe 'referee' is the wrong word. The overseer is more like a resource whose existence benefits everyone, which is why I'm choosing to respect it. The magus families decided to bring them in for a reason."
> "As for that last question, I suppose that depends on what kind of questions you want answered."

>"I can vouch for that," Archer says. "He's a pain."
>"Lovely," says Sister Gibson. "Well, I hope he doesn't get any funny ideas."
>"Ah, that is much more in line with the world as it is," Lancer replies. "If you could send us a phone number, it would be appreciated."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2018, 02:24:52 PM »
> "Okay, he's on board. What's your number?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2018, 07:35:06 PM »
> "Okay, he's on board. What's your number?"

>"Here, just keep this yourself," she says as she produces a card a and slides it over. Looking over it, it is just a personal card with a name and email. and a little psalm printed at the bottom.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2018, 11:05:51 PM »
> "Okay, thanks." Text Lancer the number, then put the card in our pocket.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2018, 08:39:36 AM »
> "Okay, thanks." Text Lancer the number, then put the card in our pocket.

>You pass along the phone number and pocket the card.
>"So, what other masters have you run into?" says Sister Gibson.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2018, 04:43:59 PM »
> "We've seen Berserker and Assassin, but not their masters."
> "We also encountered Rider and his master, and a master with a non-standard servant called Explorer."
> "But, uh...they wanted to fight and wouldn't let me leave peacefully, so..."
> Cringe. "...They're dead."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2018, 11:38:24 PM »
> "We've seen Berserker and Assassin, but not their masters."
> "We also encountered Rider and his master, and a master with a non-standard servant called Explorer."
> "But, uh...they wanted to fight and wouldn't let me leave peacefully, so..."
> Cringe. "...They're dead."

>She nods. "That kind of thing happens. But a non-standard servant, huh? I don't even know what to do about that..."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2018, 12:06:30 AM »
> "I think it's just because the servant wasn't suited for any other class. But I'm worried about there being more than seven masters."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2018, 12:11:50 AM »
> "I think it's just because the servant wasn't suited for any other class. But I'm worried about there being more than seven masters."

>"That would be such a headache..." she grumbles. "So, you said something before about someone else getting involved?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2018, 12:33:14 AM »
> Lean in a little more.
> "Okay, this is where it gets weird, and because of the situation, it's really important that you keep it quiet, at least for now."
> "Rider's master was Charles Koch."
> "He wasn't even a magus. He was powering his servant with a mana crystal thing. I think he bought his way into the Grail War, somehow, or maybe even had a hand in starting it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2018, 02:05:27 AM »
> Lean in a little more.
> "Okay, this is where it gets weird, and because of the situation, it's really important that you keep it quiet, at least for now."
> "Rider's master was Charles Koch."
> "He wasn't even a magus. He was powering his servant with a mana crystal thing. I think he bought his way into the Grail War, somehow, or maybe even had a hand in starting it."

>Sister Gibson makes a face. "...You're pulling my leg, right?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2018, 02:44:19 AM »
> "Remember the part in the news about the crashed Model T? Rider was Henry Ford."
> "But here's the clincher - we didn't kill Koch, Assassin did. And Assassin has a noble phantasm that causes his kills to blow up into huge, world-changing events. That's part of why everything is going crazy in Illinois."
> "That's also why it's really important that none of the big magus families or anyone else in a position of power finds out about this. I think it'll cause his noble phantasm to accelerate."
> "So please don't tell anyone. Leave it out of your reports until the Grail War is over."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2018, 03:09:46 AM »
> "Remember the part in the news about the crashed Model T? Rider was Henry Ford."
> "But here's the clincher - we didn't kill Koch, Assassin did. And Assassin has a noble phantasm that causes his kills to blow up into huge, world-changing events. That's part of why everything is going crazy in Illinois."
> "That's also why it's really important that none of the big magus families or anyone else in a position of power finds out about this. I think it'll cause his noble phantasm to accelerate."
> "So please don't tell anyone. Leave it out of your reports until the Grail War is over."

>"...I'm going to be frank, here," says Sister Gibson. "It feels a whole lot like you're just making up a bunch of stuff."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2018, 03:40:04 AM »
> "...Well, yeah, in retrospect, yes, it all sounds insane."
> "But you know I'm actually in the Grail War, so what reason would I have to make this up?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2018, 03:45:24 AM »
> "...Well, yeah, in retrospect, yes, it all sounds insane."
> "But you know I'm actually in the Grail War, so what reason would I have to make this up?"

>"That's what I'm asking myself," she says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2018, 03:50:42 AM »
> "I've told Lancer most of this. He should've been able to investigate most of it on his own, so you could talk to him about it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2018, 05:22:01 AM »
> "I've told Lancer most of this. He should've been able to investigate most of it on his own, so you could talk to him about it."

>"I suppose I'll have to," she says. "I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not that I think you're honestly lying or anything. Just, you know...it sounds completely fake."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2018, 05:57:20 PM »
> "I've had an experience like that, too. When I figured out Explorer's identity and I was able to look over the information, it felt like it was...wrong? And I haven't been able to figure out why."
> "All I can say is that this is a very strange Grail War."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2018, 07:21:30 PM »
> "I've had an experience like that, too. When I figured out Explorer's identity and I was able to look over the information, it felt like it was...wrong? And I haven't been able to figure out why."
> "All I can say is that this is a very strange Grail War."

>"Wait," she says. "So the whole thing really does feed you information like that?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2018, 07:39:22 PM »
> "Yeah, it's like a database in my head, except I'm not allowed to read it until I get enough evidence to figure out the servant's identity."
> "I'll admit, for it to be so much like a computer system, it feels kind of anachronous."
> We can't help but think of that thing on the moon supposedly keeping information...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2018, 07:49:54 PM »
> "Yeah, it's like a database in my head, except I'm not allowed to read it until I get enough evidence to figure out the servant's identity."
> "I'll admit, for it to be so much like a computer system, it feels kind of anachronous."
> We can't help but think of that thing on the moon supposedly keeping information...

>"I thought that was just kind of metaphorical, huh," says Sister Gibson. "Well, it's not like that. Just your story is a whole lot to buy at once."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2018, 08:44:37 PM »
> "Um...I can answer any other questions you have...although I wouldn't be surprised if it just makes things sound even more ridiculous."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2018, 09:05:10 PM »
> "Um...I can answer any other questions you have...although I wouldn't be surprised if it just makes things sound even more ridiculous."

>"Me too," says Sister Gibson, sighing. "I think this is enough for now. And I suppose if you get into that database, so to speak, it makes it more likely I can do overseer things. Maybe there's something you'd like to know?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2018, 10:00:01 PM »
> "Well, you already told me what I needed to know personally...but I guess maybe I could make some better guesses as to what's going on if I knew what a normal Grail War looks like."
> "Have there ever been any servants with classes outside the standard seven before?"