Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 ~ The Genius of Sappheiros -- Translation Thread  (Read 121768 times)

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
Re: 東方蒼神縁起 ~ The Genius of Sappheiros -- Translation Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 02:02:38 AM »
@Nat Tea: what? Enemy weapons?? I didn't even see those! Where are they? And yeah, uh……pretty formatting is very definitely not my strong point. I can speak English or Japenese (…or Icelandic, or Tagalog, or Turkish, or…) but not both at the same time :ohdear:
(オンバシラ=Onbashira--did I miss anything else?)

I think レッグスル maybe some kind of weirdo basketball move. But I don't know anything about basketball. Google thinks it should be spelled レッグスルー.
I would think the other one would be "whizzing vest," but it's still a toss-up--look at the bonuses it gives, that might help.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:08:21 AM by Nazerine »

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 02:23:40 AM »
"Slayer Effect, Attributes+15%","","","ウィズインベスト"

For the sword.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 02:29:11 AM »
@Nat Tea: what? Enemy weapons?? I didn't even see those! Where are they?
Translation works better than prettiness until we get to the actual editing.

Anyways, rows 254 to 264. You know, the rows I told you about in my PM? Don't you rememberrrrr?

ミミックの牙

ドールランス
銃撃
座薬弾
鈍器
アリスキック
マインドフレイアハンド

They have no stats by themselves, but they dictate the attack animation of the monster who equips them. The original table should have them, shouldn't they?
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2010, 02:41:28 AM »
It should??it does??and I did translate them: http://gyazo.com/df7681d3e728625ee32b3b45609621c7.png
???
Or are you saying I shouldn't have translated them???

RE weirdo katakana: oh, it's a sword? Maybe something to do with Uizon? Seems a little odd for a sword to be named after a river, but then again, he did name a spear after an island (Annwn). On the other hand, he seems pretty good with his katakana, so you'd think he'd have spelt it "ウイゾン".
Accepted meaning is very definitely "within," anyway--disregard "whizzing" :T

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 02:47:59 AM »
It should??it does??and I did translate them: http://gyazo.com/df7681d3e728625ee32b3b45609621c7.png
???
Or are you saying I shouldn't have translated them???
Oh wow, I just relooked at your latest table and there they were. I am becoming blind.

I really need a break...
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 02:53:59 AM »
It's not like I'm not missing things too, hahaha.

Anyway, will probably get started on cond.ods tomorrow or the day after--three assignments at once are suddenly due and I've only done 1.5 of them :T

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2010, 04:01:58 AM »
Oh right, you guys can't really cross-reference the translated items table without the original, can you?

Here you go then: .ods format and .xls format.
Horie dorie~

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 04:44:13 AM »
(Well, that was more a case of me being silly and neglecting to copy it before I started translating.)

Thanks!

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 09:31:08 AM »
Just popping in here since Choja PM'd me about this; I'm currently working on the dialogue files posted on Poosh (I don't think they're listed here yet?) They shouldn't interfere with any of the files here fortunately.

About レッグスル: First, it should indeed be レッグスルー. Second, I'm guessing it should stand for "Leg Slew".

Nothing comes to mind for best whizzing though.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 06:45:35 PM »
Just popping in here since Choja PM'd me about this; I'm currently working on the dialogue files posted on Poosh (I don't think they're listed here yet?) They shouldn't interfere with any of the files here fortunately.
Wait, whoops, I didn't  remember him posting the dialogue files there.

All of them should be covered in Known Tables (Dialogue).
Horie dorie~

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2010, 11:35:42 PM »
I did the music and half the help files before bed last night. Where and how should I send them when I'm done?

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 01:56:57 AM »
I did the music and half the help files before bed last night. Where and how should I send them when I'm done?
Leave them in the original format and post them here (I don't mind what uploader you use unless it's your own private host). If they're in a word document, that's fine too.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 01:58:34 AM by Nat Tea »
Horie dorie~

Kirin

• Fallen Angel
  • I, the Fallen Angel, will knock you all down!
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 04:20:16 AM »
Is there anything in particular I can help with? My Japanese isn't too crash hot, but I've translated a few things in my time.

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2010, 04:50:57 AM »
Sure! Just ask Nat for a file, and take your time. There isn't a whole lot of stuff that can't be worked out with a dictionary, in any case--and if you do need help, feel free to ask!

Kirin

• Fallen Angel
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2010, 05:10:19 AM »
As long as I'm able to open it in a browser (Or copy paste it into a browser), I should be fine. xD

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2010, 05:17:52 AM »
Rikaichan?

Kirin

• Fallen Angel
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2010, 05:20:14 AM »
Yush. >=D That and two years of Japanese study. xD

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2010, 05:23:23 AM »
Unless you're given the dialogue or descriptions or something, all you really need is a kanji dictionary.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2010, 08:22:21 AM »
A Kanji dictionary or Rikaichan is usually enough because RPG descriptions are quite standard... At least for "<something> does <something else>."

Context knowledge is still essential though and helps a lot.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2010, 03:03:32 PM »
Did you receive my PM Hime?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2010, 03:15:01 PM »
Did you receive my PM Hime?

Yes, I did, thanks, I've been busy so I wasn't able to reply.

:)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2010, 01:08:09 AM »
Hooray for hacking fairy.

Got a preliminary text insert patch and tested it out. Works dandy and fine!

Translation sort of needs editing though. Going to find out if it's possible to change fonts. If we can't, we'll have to figure out how many characters we can use in one line.

EDIT:
Hacking fairy has told me that he just has to find the constant for CreateFontA then he can change the font and stuff.

In other news, I put up a new recruit help do something thingy in opening post.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 01:39:02 AM by Nat Tea »
Horie dorie~

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2010, 01:38:25 AM »
Yippee!

Mmm, I remember mentioning that a while back, but it was more of a "oh we're gonna need some way to deal with this" sort of mention than a "I know a way to solve this" mention, so??

Also, we need a way to separate the effects--maybe a slash or a pipe? In the Japanese, spaces work just fine, but they look bad in English.

(PS: please change "Freefight" to "Freestyle." Looks better. Also, I'm seeing that not all of the "Front"/"Rear"/etc things have colons after them??woops.)

Kirin

• Fallen Angel
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2010, 02:05:58 AM »
Right, I'd like to do the dialogues, if possible? Starting from the last one and working my way up the list, so:

SCN3401.csv
SCN3501.csv
SCN9901.csv

please.

Unfortunately, I'll be busy for the next two days, but I'll be working on them as I can once I get them.

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2010, 02:24:28 AM »
Permission to change Youmu's three stances
Spoiler:
(Human World Sword, Spiritual World Sword, and Carnage Sword) to Midgard, Asgard, and Valhalla? For now, I'm going with "Earth Sword," "Heaven Sword," and "Carnage Sword," but I don't like those as much. Alternatively, leaving the names in Japanese would sound pretty good, and would fit in with her weapons (many of which have Japanese names)--though I do prefer "carnage sword" over "shuraken"?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2010, 02:34:32 AM »
Nazerine:I think the translation "Etc. Realm Sword" on the wiki is probably the best one for those. Youmu has lots of spellcards referring to the Six Realms of Rebirth in Buddhism, apparently, and I think it's far more likely they were just referring to her spellcards then doing something else.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:46:55 AM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2010, 02:37:56 AM »
Right, I'd like to do the dialogues, if possible? Starting from the last one and working my way up the list, so:

SCN3401.csv
SCN3501.csv
SCN9901.csv

please.

Unfortunately, I'll be busy for the next two days, but I'll be working on them as I can once I get them.
The problem is, you have to contact Deranged if you want to do anything concerning the dialogue files.

Pop a PM to Deranged if you really want to do that. Going to update the opening post for that.
Horie dorie~

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2010, 03:25:15 AM »
I can give y'all a hand with anything that can be done with Rikaichan or a good dictionary, just lemme know what's needing done/who to contact.

(It's a great game - granted I've only played the first dungeon, but that's aside the point! - and I'd like to give a hand with helpin' it get more accessible-like.)

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2010, 03:29:31 AM »
Nazerine:I think the translation "Etc. Realm Sword" on the wiki is probably the best one for those. Youmu has lots of spellcards referring to the Six Realms of Rebirth in Buddhism, apparently, and I think it's far more likely they were just referring to her spellcards then doing something else.

Ah--I haven't looked at her skills, so I didn't know. Thanks!
I'll change them to the Sanskrit names, though. Partly because "Human Realm Sword" is way too long and partly because it sounds retarded.

Kirin

• Fallen Angel
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2010, 05:29:15 AM »
Oh. Okay. Well!

Would my interest in doing acc.csv be wasted? ^^"